Do you plan supporting this scam?

MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,807
6 "DLC" characters confirmed before the game's even launched?

This is a scam. This is extorsion.

While the game looks good, I don't plan on supporting this scam. I'll buy the game in maybe 6-7 years when a complete Steam (or whatever system's being used by that time) version is released. Not paying extra because of blackmailing.

Everyone planning buying the game, I'd like to know your points of view.
Post edited by Magegg on

Comments

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,061
    The game seems to be complete on release, unlike SFV. If the base roster has more than 36 characters, dlc will actually be complements instead of pieces that should be in at launch. Capcom is just being solid with their retardation by revealing the dlc this soon, and even more when making Sigma one of them. There's no way in hell people will take it with good eyes, even if they will buy the Deluxe edition.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,722
    *Obligatory smartass "no, since it shows who makes the thread" comment*
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,458
    edited April 27
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Show of hands... How many of y'all thought I made this thread?

BTW... It IS terribly shitty that Mega Man fans are getting hit with the okie doke... AGAIN.

*raises hand*

It is a scam, at the very least gross, but it's not extortion.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,541
    I already knew who made it as soon as I saw the title.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 440

Magegg wrote: »
    6 "DLC" confirmed before the game's even launched?

This is a scam. This is extorsion.

While the game looks good, I don't plan on supporting this scam. I'll buy the game in maybe 6-7 years when a complete Steam (or whatever system's being used by that time) version is released. Not paying extra because of blackmailing.

Everyone planning buying the game, I'd like to know your points of view.

Rip sig.
  • JookeyJookey You have faced a knight, and lost! Joined: Posts: 173
    edited April 27
    Glad to see post launch support. It's just a mistake for then to have shown it this early, and include a main story character.
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,030
    edited April 27
    Scam? No. On-disc DLC? Yes. Even if it ends up not being on the disc, it may as well be. But while this was a huge deal when SFxT came out, these days it seems like the majority has decided that it's okay. And why wouldn't they? It's not like people are actually going to boycott the game or DLC on principle. The reason Ubisoft, EA, Capcom, Konami, and others pull this is because they know they can. It's like spitting in a starving child's soup right in front of them.

But that doesn't make it a scam.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,769 mod
    Scam? No. On-disc DLC? Yes. Even if it ends up not being on the disc, it may as well be. But while this was a huge deal when SFxT came out, these days it seems like the majority has decided that it's okay. And why wouldn't they? It's not like people are actually going to boycott the game or DLC on principle. The reason Ubisoft, EA, Capcom, Konami, and others pull this is because they know they can. It's like spitting in a starving child's soup right in front of them.

But that doesn't make it a scam.

SFxT also revealed the characters before confriming them as DLC.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,431
    d3v wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    willseless wrote: »
    The game seems to be complete on release, unlike SFV.

Define "complete".

Announcing DLC characters before the game is even out means that the game is not going to be "complete" on release.

Let's be clear here, the game isn't even out yet. They're still developing it. But they're also developing content that they plan to release AFTER the game launches, so they can charge extra for it. How the fuck is that a "complete" game at release? They deliberately held content back to release it as paid DLC. Do you know what complete means?

He means feature-wise, with actual singleplayer content such as story mode (unlike SFV).

So characters aren't a "feature"?

Also, you're basing the idea that story mode will be complete at launch on... what exactly?
    edited April 27
    The press release basically says the game is launching with Story, Arcade, and other stuff. It's the #1 feature of the game.

Pretty sure this wasn't the case with SFV. We were told a story mode was coming post launch, which is entirely different.
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,557
    YUP

do something about it
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Yeah, absolutely. There's a right way, and a wrong way, and the way Capcom's known to have done it, just tends to be the wrong way. Whether it's like 25 "On Disc DLC" characters alongside say, 36 when the game comes out, or that whole "DLC Season" thing that I can't/won't ever really support, this just sounds like a bad call.

And when you have someone who mostly plays Guilty Gear/Blazblue saying that? Well...
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,694
    edited April 27
    Not a Scam...
    • They should deliver the game as an AAA standard tradition of FG content(that includes arcade mode) like the previous titles eg: UMVC3, USF4 and TVC not SFV and KI, because of their product's price tag.
    • They should follow the current trends of the standard of FG content and FG initial roster of other AAA titles as basis should be KOF14, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Xrd and Injustice 2 because of their projected market value not SFV standard of content and initial roster.
    • They should not compare with the lowest standard of content and roster in the current standard of FG while marketing it in a higher price than those.
    • The game shouldn't be built into a free to play model AKA freemium because it is market and compared to AAA FG title from content and characters.
    • DLC is okay as long they did compromised to the base number of initial roster of their competitors that has likeness to the market price they advertise:
    • The what if and should if latter DLC content and DLC characters should not be considered as part of the marketed value of the product unless they are free DLC content and DLC characters that is stated by Capcom themselves to give clarity to avoid confusion and rumors with vaporware DLC and updates that would raise misconceptions, false advertising, false expectations and assumption to the product's future.
    • This is a AAA title fighting game so the content design and DLC model should be base from a AAA title fighting game because it is market the same way, so it should be designed the same way, not along other competitive games that isn't FG like FPS, MOs, MOBA and mobile Apps.
    • When dealing with the product in terms of content it's about overall consumer concerns that is a large scale of audience it's not just a matter or issue of casual and competitive because those coined terms are concerns mostly into game play technicalities.

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 788
    LivewireX wrote: »
    And when you have someone who mostly plays Guilty Gear/Blazblue saying that? Well...

So you'd prefer Capcom went back to the old way of doing things where they released a whole new title every 12-18 months instead?
    I'd be almost willing to lay down money that the same people would be complaining about Capcom making them buy the same game over and over.
    [SFV - Alex/Nash/Urien]
    [UMVC3 - Strider/Doom/Vergil]
    [SF4 - Decapre/Adon][3S - Urien/Necro/Alex]
    <Playing FG's (on and off) since 1993. Why am I still bad?>
    Yeah, that would be whack. Definitely not a good alternative.

Seems like Guilty Gear is on the right track with the next version having the add-on option, though.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,034
    capcom not forcing anyone to buy the dlc?
    yeah you don't haaaave to buy sigma it's not like he's one of the most anticipated and requested characters since mvc3.
    what about people who take fighting games seriously what them? are they still not forced to buy the dlc characters?
    no word on this game since last year and the second time we hear anything is day 1 dlc characters.
    fuck we don't even know all the mechanics
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,273
    Smash Bros didn't start work on DLC until the game was finished, and even let people vote on who they wanted in for the last character. This shit can be handled properly, but Capcpom don't give a fuck.

Didn't the first set of Smash 4 DLC get found in references in the files? Pretty much no companies actually wait until the game is out to start DLC, they just don't tell you about it.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,393
    edited April 27
    Pete278 wrote: »
    Smash Bros didn't start work on DLC until the game was finished, and even let people vote on who they wanted in for the last character. This shit can be handled properly, but Capcpom don't give a fuck.

Didn't the first set of Smash 4 DLC get found in references in the files? Pretty much no companies actually wait until the game is out to start DLC, they just don't tell you about it.

Yeah they found them after the update about a week before the DLC came out... Nearly seven months after release.

Sakurai himself loathes DLC, but the company forced him into it... He didn't even start planning shit until a month after it went gold.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 751
    edited April 27
    What's there to say?

There are only a few types of people:

1) People who will buy everything because they have the money/feel like spending it.
    2) People who will bitch about how this is THE WORST(tm) but will buy everything anyway because they have no self control and don't want to admit it.
    3) People who won't buy it at all.

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.

brb gonna go make some threads about things I won't buy.
    Post edited by bchan009 on
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

• MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,807
    edited April 27
    The game seems to be complete on release, unlike SFV. If the base roster has more than 36 characters, dlc will actually be complements instead of pieces that should be in at launch.
    So, Sigma, one of the key characters in the story mode, is a "complement"? What?!

I don't think this idea of DLC is right. DLC should be an "extra" for the game once it has proven to be well liked and succesful and people want more, provided the company now has more money to expand the player's experience for those who want it. See KOF XIV.

This "premium characters" idea where 15% of the characters at launch or so, are for the people who paid more... is bullshit. We went for the "2 extra characters" from the first game, to now 6. What's next? 10 or 12 characters will be extras only for you to pay more if you want the complete roster at launch?
    Pertho wrote: »
    Injustice has 9 DLC characters and this one is the scam?

Ed boon dick tastes better than the small japanese one.
    No one's saying other games can't be a scam too. I just happen to not care about Injustice so I wasn't even aware of their plans.

I think fans are understimating how bad has Capcom gone with their DLC scams, Street Fighter x Tekken wasn't only loathed by Capcom fans or fighting game fans, but it became a notable example of "worst DLC scams" in the whole gaming industry. Yeah! Capcom has became one of the lead companies in DLC scams.

Some people theorized the lack of news about MvC:I in the past months were because of Capcom reacting to the low sales and lack of popularity of SFV and its update model, they said Capcom would learn their lessons from the failure of SFxTK and SFV and turn MvC:I into a complete experience.

But I think they didn't. Capcom just feels that now that they have the big M brand power they're in the better place to keep on with their scammy tactics.

I mean, SFV's DLC release model is slow and frustrating as hell but they at least have the decency of making the player able to get most of the content without having to pay. MvC:I is creating a breach since there's the "premium, complete" experience and a "partial" experience if you aren't willing to pay the double if you want to play the same fucking game, and we mean that shows at launch.

I see a lot of people defending Capcom and their practices saying "it's not a scam" or "everyone is doing it", but I don't see people stating why this idea is good for the players or the industry.

You know, I'm not against anyone who plans on buying the game, not even the Premium editions, I just want to know their reasons to do so.
    Post edited by Magegg on
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,694
    Magegg wrote: »

I don't think this idea of DLC is right. DLC should be an "extra" for the game once it has proven to be well liked and succesful and people want more, provided the company now has more money to expand the player's experience for those who want it. See KOF XIV.

This "premium characters" idea where 15% of the characters at launch or so, are for the people who paid more... is bullshit. We went for the "2 extra characters" from the first game, to now 6. What's next? 10 or 12 characters will be extras only for you to pay more if you want the complete roster at launch?

Agree that DLC should always be an expansion of a complete game, We could see if the price is right as soon the initial roster, initial content and game play mechanics is revealed.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,807
    bchan009 wrote: »
    There are only a few types of people:

1) People who will buy everything because they have the money/feel like spending it.
    2) People who will bitch about how this is THE WORST(tm) but will buy everything anyway because they have no self control and don't want to admit it.
    3) People who won't buy it at all.

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.

You're missing people who will wait until they release everything bundled in a "full game" package that doesn't require you to pay a lot of extra money.
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 885
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Call it what it is, a bad business practice, or a shitty practice or whatever.

Idk...is it bad business? I think the DLC model has proven to generate more revenue.

Inj2: Wonder Woman
    SFV: Cammy
  • grumpy64grumpy64 Joined: Posts: 268
    Greenwood wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Call it what it is, a bad business practice, or a shitty practice or whatever.

Idk...is it bad business? I think the DLC model has proven to generate more revenue.

Yeah but from the pov of the consumer it's pretty horrible.Unless you just like spending money
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,061
    The game seems to be complete on release, unlike SFV. If the base roster has more than 36 characters, dlc will actually be complements instead of pieces that should be in at launch. Capcom is just being solid with their retardation by revealing the dlc this soon, and even more when making Sigma one of them. There's no way in hell people will take it with good eyes, even if they will buy the Deluxe edition.

@Magegg Nice nitpicking there.
    @Zane Hitsurugi
    So what's the wrong part on my opinion that you disagree? I have been fair with everyone.

So what is your understanding? Why is it a scam or not?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 885
    edited April 27
    grumpy64 wrote: »
    Yeah but from the pov of the consumer it's pretty horrible.
    I know, I was just explaining why companies do it. They're in business to make money. Adding DLC throughout the games lifespan clearly works.

I don't know why the OP is so shocked by this. This is the way it is now. Tekken, Injustice, Street Fighter, Killer Instinct, and Guilty Gear all have DLC. It will NEVER revert back. We just have to accept it.
    Inj2: Wonder Woman
    SFV: Cammy
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge The Age of Murder and Storm Joined: Posts: 16,165
    Pertho wrote: »
    Injustice has 9 DLC characters and this one is the scam?

Ed boon dick tastes better than the small japanese one.

Dat delicious American diet of soda pop and McD's burgers!
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,393
    I know, I was just explaining why companies do it. They're in business to make money. Adding DLC throughout the games lifespan clearly works.

I don't know why the OP is so shocked by this. This is the way it is now. Tekken, Injustice, Street Fighter, Killer Instinct, and Guilty Gear all have DLC. It will NEVER revert back. We just have to accept it.

I disagree.

If consumers would make a concerted effort to say "No, I ain't buying it," instead of dropping dollars on a pre-order the second X popped up on screen, this shit could end.

Of course, that's not likely to happen, and they'll keep on getting away with it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • BarlogBarlog Aggressive Turtle Joined: Posts: 39

Honestly, I think the issue is less about Capcom having DLC but announcing it after only showing a tiny portion of the game AND ESPECIALLY announcing Sigma is DLC after hyping him up in the Story trailer.
  • atiradoratirador Fire and Ice Joined: Posts: 1,579

I disagree.

If consumers would make a concerted effort to say "No, I ain't buying it," instead of dropping dollars on a pre-order the second X popped up on screen, this shit could end.

Of course, that's not likely to happen, and they'll keep on getting away with it.

Because, at the end of the day, the quality perceived in those games and the entertainment people get from them easily surpass the amount of money the studio is asking for it, that's why people buy them and that's why I'll easily buy this game in particular

• Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 889
    @Zane Hitsurugi
    So what's the wrong part on my opinion that you disagree? I have been fair with everyone.

So what is your understanding? Why is it a scam or not?

Perhaps its too much to ask, but I believe that companies should strive to go beyond and above the competition, especially when its something like MvC.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe SFV: Juri
    edited April 27
    Perhaps its too much to ask, but I believe that companies should strive to go beyond and above the competition, especially when its something like MvC.

okay @Zane Hitsurugi I don't expect them to go beyond other competition because it is indefinite and we don't know every details yet but at least they should be along KOF14 standards of initial content and roster.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,154
    Publishers figure this is the more palatable solution to dealing with rising development costs. It's either this DLC nonsense or raise game prices to $80-90 bucks.
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,265
    I will not support this "scam". But i will support your madder.
    Persona 5
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 27
    People used to beg for new characters in games when it took a separate release to add them. Now we have DLC.

It's just how it is now. Companies need money especially considering the increased costs in development nowadays. What I don't like is the season pass nonsense that people commit their money to before even knowing what they're going to get. I refuse to do that shit.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • pootnanniespootnannies numb the pain of numbness Joined: Posts: 3,084
    if this is a scam then practically the entirety of the video game market is a scam.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • SevansSevans Make Contact. Joined: Posts: 594
    Sure, why not. There are worse things I could spend my money on.