Do you plan supporting this scam?

Comments

• SoftShocksSoftShocks Joined: Posts: 80
    Honestly im more upset with Marvel than Capcom. If SFV did anything right, it would be Esports. I think Marvel want to cash in on that success and see their characters televised on things like Eleague to promoted their characters and movies. Hense why the current characters on the Marvel side are all movie related. I also think Marvel is pushing Capcom to get the game out ASAP. Visually, the game is clearly a rushed product. To support this, looking at the Capcom side of the roster, it pretty much recycled character. it seems like they are just making it easier for themselves to bring back Marvel 3 character as all their animation work is pretty much done. I couldn't blame them if Marvel truly is putting pressure on them to get the game out ASAP.

Thats just my take on the whole situation.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,558
    edited July 21
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Played it... Wasn't impressed. I'm gonna play it regardless, tho, so hopefully the full release is better.

You're part of the problem. This is why http://dontevenreply.com keeps half-assing shit.

It's the game's job to impress you.

If it can't do that, then it's not worth your money... The fuck is wrong with y'all's no standards having asses?

It's a demo. I'll judge the final product.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,360
    Played it... Wasn't impressed. I'm gonna play it regardless, tho, so hopefully the full release is better.

You're part of the problem. This is why http://dontevenreply.com keeps half-assing shit.

It's the game's job to impress you.

If it can't do that, then it's not worth your money... The fuck is wrong with y'all's no standards having asses?

It's a demo. I'll judge the final product.

DmC was "just a demo" once too...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,698
    People doesn't get it or just doesn't have understanding on how workflow is done, Software developers needs feedback a game without criticism is a game that no need to be fix or change and that's it.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 881
    Hook line and sinker.
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,644
    edited July 21
    After the last trailer (with Spider-Man and Frank West) I'm fully supporting this game.

It looks amazing
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 4,001
    Frank West, Nemesis, Haggar... good job recycling assets from UMvC3, Capcom.

This game is an insult.
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,769
    Magegg wrote: »

This game is an insult.

looks at Tekken...
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,967 mod
    Poopoo peepee

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,644
    edited July 21

This game is an insult.

Looks at Injustice, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and BlazBlue Tag something... all new, build from the ground up for each version, games

DBZ looks boring and repetitive, almost every character looks like they have the same moveset, always ending a combo with a huge beam or something. And the transition after each KO, showing the same fucking clash animation every time sure makes the game boring to watch after a while.

Also, terribly long hit-stop makes the animation clunky and unappealing

I was hyped after the original reveal, but every time I see something new about the game makes me less and less interested in it. I realized that after I stopped watching the EVO mini tournament after 3 or 4 minutes...

It sure doesn't help the fact that I was never a big DragonBall fan or anime in general
    Every game recycles assets.

However, usually this comes with upgraded poly counts, new music, better textures or something.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DivinityRyderDivinityRyder Joined: Posts: 5

This game is an insult.

Doesn't every game in the VS series recycle assets?

Xmen vs SF: Copy and paste from COTA and SFA
    MSH vs SF: Copy from XvsSF and MSH
    MvC: Copy and paste some characters from the above while adding a few new characters.
    MvC2: Literally copy and pasting from COTA to MvC with some Darkstalkers thrown in while adding...what...four new characters?

The UI looks basic, the roster is a little meh, but it looks fun as hell. And as long as it's fun, I'll like it.
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    edited July 21
    Nah. I get people are trying to defend this game, but no.

When 3 came out, the roster switched up. Ultimate added ten more characters, although Strider reoccured due to popularity.

Infinite just lazily took Ultimate, reduced the characters and only added a few new ones. Saying they recycled assets is a fair comment
    (I personally think they did so to save money. And I remember Capcom reusing the dlc characters for xT as the "new" Characters in USF4 or whatever game it was)
    However, a more impartial defence would be that even though they reused characters, they've added a whole range of new moves to each character. And even changed some of their playstyles. The characters aren't just carbon copies of the U/3 iterations.

Unfortunately this goes for Chun Li too. I hate how she's modeled after her SFV play.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    edited July 22
    GhostTear wrote: »

This game is an insult.

looks at Tekken...
    Tekken doesn't have a library of literal hundreds (sometimes thousands) of cool characters they could use for a new game.

This game is an insult.

Doesn't every game in the VS series recycle assets?

Xmen vs SF: Copy and paste from COTA and SFA
    MSH vs SF: Copy from XvsSF and MSH
    MvC: Copy and paste some characters from the above while adding a few new characters.
    MvC2: Literally copy and pasting from COTA to MvC with some Darkstalkers thrown in while adding...what...four new characters?

The UI looks basic, the roster is a little meh, but it looks fun as hell. And as long as it's fun, I'll like it.
    Creating character models is way easier and less expensive than creating sprites. And when you have tons of characters you can use, such level of recycling is not acceptable.

Also, those games were arcade games... they didn't have to sell you a full-priced game. Do they think we'll buy such lazy-assed attempt of cashgrab?
    edited July 22
    Tekken doesn't have a library of literal hundreds (sometimes thousands) of cool characters they could use for a new game.

That is assuming Capcom has free access to said library...
    edited July 22

They got access to their own fucking characters... Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Nina from Breath of Fire, Asura, Gene, Vanessa P. Schneider, Wang Tang, Edward Falcon, Zack and Wiki, Leon S. Kennedy, Sonson, Amingo, Tron Bonne, John Talbain, Lord Raptor, Batsu, Shoma, Kyosuke, Captain Commando, Maki, Phoenix Wright, Devilot, Tessa, Hauzer, Leo, Necalli, Rashid... and those were just off the top of my head.

http://dontevenreply.com has a shit ton of characters to pull from for ideas...

But that would require effort and care, and we all know this company don't do that shit.

They got access to their own fucking characters... Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Nina from Breath of Fire, Asura, Gene, Vanessa P. Schneider, Wang Tang, Edward Falcon, Zack and Wiki, Leon S. Kennedy, Sonson, Amingo, Tron Bonne, John Talbain, Lord Raptor, Batsu, Shoma, Kyosuke, Captain Commando, Maki, Phoenix Wright, Devilot, Tessa, Hauzer, Leo, Necalli, Rashid... and those were just off the top of my head.

But that would require effort and care, and we all know this company don't do that shit.

Thats assuming Marvel doesn't have a say in what characters Capcom can and cannot use in the game. Even if its their own.

Point is we are not there and don't know how they make decisions on who gets cut and who gets in. We can speculate from what we are seeing. But its all for naught. Characters have already been decided.
  • cornmongercornmonger Joined: Posts: 2

That.

MvC 1, 2, and 3 were all fun in different ways. Sometimes you just have to fanboi it and keep an open mind.
    edited July 22
    Thats assuming Marvel doesn't have a say in what characters Capcom can and cannot use in the game. Even if its their own.
    I have no complaints about Marvel's side.

But does Capcom think people were raving about characters like Frank West, Rad Spencer or Haggar to return?

Isn't it a little contradictory that they say they don't include X-Men because "people probably won't know who they are", yet they include guys like Arthur and Mega Man X?
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,851

Point is we are not there and don't know how they make decisions on who gets cut and who gets in. We can speculate from what we are seeing. But its all for naught. Characters have already been decided.

Marvel only has power over their side of the roster. They can't nag Capcom over their own characters.
    I have no complaints about Marvel's side.

But does Capcom think people were raving about characters like Frank West, Rad Spencer or Haggar to return?

Isn't it a little contradictory that they say they don't include X-Men because "people probably won't know who they are", yet they include guys like Arthur and Mega Man X?

Frank West and Haggar are fan favorite characters. Dead Rising is one of Capcom series that's still getting new games so he's inclusion was inevitable. Haggar is one the best assist characters in the last game and he fills the grappler role for the Capcom side of the roster. Spencer was a great character in the last game. More people are bitching over the fact that it's dreadlock Spencer again and not the original design.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Frank West and Haggar are fan favorite characters.
    No.

Perhaps for the hardcore fighting game fans only. The presence of Frank won't help the game to sell better, in fact it's the opposite. Looks like the "Capcom inconditional fan" community is the only target this game's left to be bought by.
    No.

Perhaps for the hardcore fighting game fans only. The presence of Frank won't help the game to sell better, in fact it's the opposite. Looks like the "Capcom inconditional fan" community is the only target this game's left to be bought by.

It's the same for all their games, the only thing they've got going for them to make big money is eSports, and they rely on us to keep them in that position. Otherwise they'd just have a couple of dozen sponsored players around the world who play and showcase games that nobody buys or watches, at which point they're bust. They have to put the money into the Capcom Cup to make them selves look like this big eSports corporation when we all know it's a front and their business is literally hanging off a piece of string.
    samuel5220 wrote: »
    check out the latest video, is this really ingame graphics?

if so how could it look this good? and how could MVCI look so bad given that Arc Systems is a way smaller company than Capcom?

Three technical reasons I'm gonna rattle off real quick; firstly they already had the Xrd engine to use, second they use a more limited colour palet with cell shading, and lastly becaue a lot of the detail graphics while it doesn't look like it are actually 2D sprites, so there's a lot less colours and real time objects hogging the system. MvCi is littered with hundreds of beam and particle effects which are massive GPU/CPU hogs, making the balance between fidelity and optimisation a difficult one.

But yes, like most other people have said it's down to competence, teamwork and leadership which this dev team seem to be lacking. Had Capcom given more of a fuck they could have done a lot better with a better team in the time they've had. But they're two completely different things, you can't judge one over the other fairly, I mean personally I love beam and particle effects; big bold vibrant arrays of colours, that's what attracts me to MvCi, but DBZ looks sexy as well, just a completely different art style. It's worth a discussion but I doubt there would ever be an end to an argument of which is better and why.
    flicky wrote: »
    It's the same for all their games, the only thing they've got going for them to make big money is eSports, and they rely on us to keep them in that position.
    That's only because of the extreme incompetence they market their games. I'm sure the sales of MvC:I won't be even a half of MvC3.
    edited July 22
    It's the same for all their games, the only thing they've got going for them to make big money is eSports, and they rely on us to keep them in that position.
    That's only because of the extreme incompetence they market their games. I'm sure the sales of MvC:I won't be even a half of MvC3.

I agree with you there, half of MvC3's sales would have been generated on hype alone. I'd be surprised if initially MvCi sales reach 500,000 units in year one, until it hits eSports and the competitive gaming world gets the taste for crack, after which we know they be hooked.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,851
    No.

You gonna tell me no liked Final Fight? That no one was hyped for his announcement for MvC3 6 years ago and there's no demand for the character to appear on Street Fighter? There's a appreciation for the classics and that's what Haggar is.

People love Frank West. Capcom made another version of the second Dead Rising that replaces Chuck with Frank as the main character. There was controversy when Capcom replaced Terence J. Rotolo as Frank's VA for Dead Rising 4 and changed his look when he's suppose to be a middle aged guy. Hardcore fighting game fans probably didn't even know about him until he appeared in TvC.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    What colors? Everything looks so washed out and dull.

Look at the stage concept art, then look at the actual stages and tell me you don't see a problem.
  • dragondude626dragondude626 Joined: Posts: 60
    ArcSys has a unique, longer process of making 2D like 3D models. Produces awesome 3D models but is time consuming and other companies do not want to invest the time in it.

Game is looking better, changed the lighting and decreased the chromatic aberration but still kinda not best.

Look at the stage concept art, then look at the actual stages and tell me you don't see a problem.

Infinity surge, hyper background, KO splash, general beams and particles, hypers, all the different colour gradients, etc. A huge chunk of MvCi's resources go on rendering these effects and since the demo and E3, a lot of beam and particle effects have been downgraded or removed to prioritise character models and frame rate optimisation.
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 706
    check out the latest video, is this really ingame graphics?

if so how could it look this good? and how could MVCI look so bad given that Arc Systems is a way smaller company than Capcom?

Three technical reasons I'm gonna rattle off real quick; firstly they already had the Xrd engine to use, second they use a more limited colour palet with cell shading, and lastly becaue a lot of the detail graphics while it doesn't look like it are actually 2D sprites, so there's a lot less colours and real time objects hogging the system. MvCi is littered with hundreds of beam and particle effects which are massive GPU/CPU hogs, making the balance between fidelity and optimisation a difficult one.

But yes, like most other people have said it's down to competence, teamwork and leadership which this dev team seem to be lacking. Had Capcom given more of a fuck they could have done a lot better with a better team in the time they've had. But they're two completely different things, you can't judge one over the other fairly, I mean personally I love beam and particle effects; big bold vibrant arrays of colours, that's what attracts me to MvCi, but DBZ looks sexy as well, just a completely different art style. It's worth a discussion but I doubt there would ever be an end to an argument of which is better and why.

What exactly are you referring to here? As far as I'm aware the game is entirely 3D.
    one picture looks like it took more time and effort to make more than the other.

hint:
    its not goku.
    edited July 22
    You gonna tell me no liked Final Fight? That no one was hyped for his announcement for MvC3 6 years ago and there's no demand for the character to appear on Street Fighter? There's a appreciation for the classics and that's what Haggar is.
    They don't need to add again the exact same character from the last game. There are other ways they could represent ... but, point taken. If I go with a grappler, I'd rather go Haggar than Zangief.

But if they're bringing protagonists of old games no new player care about, why not bring again Captain Commando?
    People love Frank West.
    Screen-Shot-2016-05-23-at-13.39.02.jpg

Do you think the Marvel audience (which is way bigger than the Capcom audience) will be thrilled by a guy like Frank, rather than a flashier, more badass Capcom hero? Games like Warzard, Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Star Gladiator, Street Fighter, Breath of Fire, Asura's Wrath, have lots of better guys to add than Frank West, or Arthur, by the case.
    Who said DBZ looked washed out? And who ever said that the models or dynamic effects were 2D? No one. What I said was that DBZ uses a smaller color palet allowing them to render more extravagant effects, where as MvCi uses a larger colour palet and has finer detail gradients. What I said was in agreement with what you've said, not disagreement. And instead of the above comparison, look at the beam comparison and tell me which one looks more washed out.

Infinity surge, hyper background, KO splash, general beams and particles, hypers, all the different colour gradients, etc. A huge chunk of MvCi's resources go on rendering these effects and since the demo and E3, a lot of beam and particle effects have been downgraded or removed to prioritise character models and frame rate optimisation.

Is this some kind of joke? here have a couple pics to prove you wrong. And even though the DBZ Pic is extremely low quality you can still see how much better DBZ beam looks. As a matter of fact Capcom forgot to turn on the lights in MVCI game is so dark, dull and washed out

And its not dark in a good way you know Killer Instinct has dark gritty artstyle? no I mean MVCI they forgot to add some spot lights in the game its as if they are not sure how to use Unreal Engine 4 editor.

544728-dragon-ball-fighterz-for-xbox-one.jpg?thumb=y&width=740&height=415

Untitled.jpg

Yes that is chromatic aberration.

Post the more recent screens. They toned it down.
    edited July 22
    Oops

Is this some kind of joke? here have a couple pics to prove you wrong. And even though the DBZ Pic is extremely low quality you can still see how much better DBZ beam looks. As a matter of fact Capcom forgot to turn on the lights in MVCI game is so dark, dull and washed out

And its not dark in a good way you know Killer Instinct has dark gritty artstyle? no I mean MVCI they forgot to add some spot lights in the game its as if they are not sure how to use Unreal Engine 4 editor.

Untitled.jpg

Which picture are you referring to?

Untitled.jpg

The marvel one. The new screenshots the chromatic aberration is much more toned down.
    edited July 22
    What you all are looking at is NOT a 2D sprite of Goku but its infact a complete 3D ingame model.

Nobody else in the known universe has been able to successfully accomplish this in any game besides Arc Systems. This is because it takes atleast 100 times more effort to pull this off and companies do not want to spend the money to do it because its cheaper to make garbage like what capcom does with MVCI.

okay. i am comparing the two pictures you posted. dante has more detail than goku does. period. if you can't see that then idk dude.

Untitled.jpg

The marvel one. The new screenshots the chromatic aberration is much more toned down.

Are you referring to aberration as an unwanted optical effect that got fixed, or an intended optical effect that got toned down?

I like the way the Marvel image looks, I like how Captain Marvel is displaying her full colors even though there's a huge blue beam in her face. That's what I call good contrast. I don't like how in the DBZ shot Goku is glowing blue just because the beam is there, yes it's more detailed and technically accurate, but I'm an abstract person and I like colors even if they contradict realistic lighting. I mean in the Marvel pic you've got the gradient background, you've got the beam sparks, you've got stars and galaxies floating around, you've got the beam and the hit sparks, you've got Captain Marvels hair which is all lit up, it looks super vibrant. YeaH DBZ is a good looking game, but I like dark contrast, that's just me.