Do you plan supporting this scam?

Comments

• VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 777
    edited April 28
    Injustice 2 already announced 9 dlc characters before release, ten with Darkseid.
    willseless wrote: »
    TL:DR DLC is a bad practice? No. Capcom dropped the ball revealing 6 DLC, one of them being important to the story, this soon? Yes.

Announcing that the 2017 pass will give you six DLC characters is fine, since people would want to know what is included in that pass.

Having one half of the final boss be DLC is ridiculous, that i can agree.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,115
    nobody is forcing you to buy mvci I love everything about the mvc series so I'm buying that 200 dolla thing I forgot what it even comes with lol
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,978
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    ex·tor·tion
    ikˈstôrSH(ə)n/
    noun
    the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.
    synonyms:blackmail, shakedown; formalexaction
    "arrested on a charge of extortion"

Anyone who uses this word to describe buying DLC content is a goddamn retard.

They're obtaining money through a very simple threat: "You won't get the full roster (yeah, because if it's planned before release, then it's the full thing) unless you pay us EXTRA".
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    nobody is forcing you to buy mvci I love everything about the mvc series so I'm buying that 200 dolla thing I forgot what it even comes with lol

Your name is Mega Buster... You should be ashamed of yourself.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,416
    @Magegg agree with everything you say about SFxTekken and the ratings, it a wasted potential, yet I want to believe in MVCi.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Smash Bros didn't start work on DLC until the game was finished, and even let people vote on who they wanted in for the last character. This shit can be handled properly, but Capcpom don't give a fuck.

Smash Bros is also the only fighting game on the entire platform and it can guarantee that nearly everyone who owns said console will buy it. It's not a fair comparison. Capcom has tons of competition, they gotta make sure it's profitable. It sucks on our end but that's business.
  • BERSERKERRRBERSERKERRR mathemagician Joined: Posts: 109
    do people actually care about or anticipate this? game looks like garbage. regardless of that, why would it matter to anyone that *other* people care about it? there's tons of garbage that ends up popular so it shouldn't really come as a surprise if there are people that will eat it up.
    retsu go justin
  • SevansSevans Top Tier. Joined: Posts: 615
    Really? Do people actually care about and anticipate a new Marvel game? Did you just ask that?

:lol:
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,893
    do people actually care about or anticipate this? game looks like garbage. regardless of that, why would it matter to anyone that *other* people care about it? there's tons of garbage that ends up popular so it shouldn't really come as a surprise if there are people that will eat it up.

Are you high? Marvel is a pillar of the FGC. If you don't understand why a Capcom vs game would be anticipated, what are you even doing on SRK?
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
    edited April 30
    Sevans wrote: »
    Really? Do people actually care about and anticipate a new Marvel game? Did you just ask that?

:lol:
    i could understand casuals swayed by simply the marvel logo itself, but i'd expect anyone who's remotely serious about fighters to have a very high dose of skepticism towards the new marvel, yes. if you don't, then that's fine, i'm not really here to argue as it doesn't really concern me, either way.
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    Are you high? Marvel is a pillar of the FGC. If you don't understand why a Capcom vs game would be anticipated, what are you even doing on SRK?
    yes, it is, which is why i'd repeat the same thing i said above. despite any pull power of the brands, that shouldn't matter to anyone serious/competitive about fighters as it's a non-factor to gameplay. it doesn't really matter, at any rate.
    retsu go justin
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 292
    edited April 30
    This is correct... If we're talking triple A development. Capcpom has NEVER made a triple A Fighting game... You can believe their PR, but it should be obvious from a cursory observation that they do not spend as much money on their games development as other companies.
    They cut corners at every possible opportunity, and spend as little as they can to meet the barest standard of quality. Lack of polish, barebones modes and options, shit servers, and DLC/Premium/Service based post purchase content are all symptoms of Capcpom's mizer budgets. They aren't even using their own servers this go around...

Injustice is a triple A fighting game- Say what you will about NRS, their games are not lacking in the polish and bells and whistles.
    Their games are the only triple A fighting games on the market... Everything you said describes their model far better than the half-assed shit Capcpom does to justify gouging content to sell later to squeeze a few more pennies out of their fool ass fan base.
    Magegg wrote: »
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    In any case Tekken is always a well polished game with a good sized roster, and loads of content.
    Lots of beautiful looking stages, additional costumes for default and without extra cost.

Remember how TTT2 got like an average 80 grade from most video game website? And SF5 what? Like a 90? When it's not even a quarter of the rich content offered in TTT2??
    There's obviously some Capcom bullshit favoritism. Some people only care about brand power and they don't realize how lacking Capcom games have been.

Remember those "tag supers" promised in the first trailer of SFxTK? They said "fuck it", discarded them and just put two separate animations to create the illusion of a tag super (both characters never appear together on screen). FUCK, even Rival Schools had TRUE tag supers and it's a 1998 game or so. You know which games got true tag techniques with better looking graphics? Dead or Alive 5 and TTT2.

On SFxTK, half of the roster was recycled from Street Fighter IV, and even considering how lackluster everything was, they dared to not let you play the whole game when you already had all the 'DLC' in your disk!

I don't think this MvC:I situation will be too much different. They're extorting fans with Marvel's brand power. When they keep 15% of the characters kidnapped at launch, I think buyers should stand up and do something...

Not to mention that most of the returning character's assets in this game are directly recycled from UMvC 3, including Mega Man X himself by simply using Zero's alternate costume & making some tweaks...
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,082
    I'm going to break it down. This is the truth of the current price structure of games. Publishers are scared to raise the base price of games. All this season pass, day one dlc, and general DLC shenanigans are to cover the increased cost of development while appearing to keep the game prices the same. Games should be more than $60. The base price of game should probably be $80 to $90 dollars at this point. People flipped their shit with Microsoft started charging $60 for 360 games back in 2005.

I'm 37. Playstation and Saturn games were $50 in the late 90s. N64 games, due to cartridges, were $60 to $70 and in some cases more. There is no way that game prices should only be $10 higher than there were when I was in high school. There are people that post here that were born after I graduated from high school and are in college now. In that time the base price of games has only risen $10. Everything else has gone up far more in price since then. Gas was less than $1 a gallon. The combo that costs me $7 at Wendy's was less than $4 then. I could bum $20 from my mom, get a half tank of gas, a combo from McDonald's, go to the movies, and still have $7 to blow at my local Mindboggle arcade. $20 will only get me the half tank of gas today. I need $50 to do the same thing today if I was teenager. Although, there would be no arcade to spend the left over cash at today.

Haven't full scale COMPLETELE action titles like Horizon, Nioh, Metal gear Solid, Uncharted and NieR completely debunked this theory that games cost more to make??

A fighting game doesn't need nearly as many resources as an Uncharted title. And yet Uncharted dlc is useless, and the full game is a complete product. What say you?
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,303
    I look at my copies of KOF XIV and TTT2, before replying to this.

Hell no, this is why I never bought SFxT, this is why SFxT was dead on arrival, on disk DLC is never ok, if the DLC isn't developed after the game is finished I'm not even buying the base game because buying a game with stuff cut out of it is being ripped off, plain and simple.

Capcom can go forth and recreate if they think they getting away with that bs.

Doesn't help that SFV was ass as well.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,645
    Iduno wrote: »
    I look at my copies of KOF XIV and TTT2, before replying to this.

Hell no, this is why I never bought SFxT, this is why SFxT was dead on arrival, on disk DLC is never ok, if the DLC isn't developed after the game is finished I'm not even buying the base game because buying a game with stuff cut out of it is being ripped off, plain and simple.

Capcom can go forth and recreate if they think they getting away with that bs.

Doesn't help that SFV was ass as well.

Where that on-disc dlc idea comes from? It wasn't the case with SFV already.
    Look at SFV. If they released the game with the season 1 on it, we would have a whole year with nothing new but stages and costumes. Ono said on an interview that season 2 was pretty much guaranteed, because they have to work on it a year in advance, so season 3 would rely on season 1 success, so they could start working on it this year for a 2018 release.
    It's not a cash grab decision, it's how development works to keep a constant flow of content coming.
    SFV is a tough example because there was more fuck ups coming out than content though.
    Bullshit. Look how Smash delivered content.

Capcpom is full of shit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,859
    Well, looking through this, I guess I'll concede that at least it's better than having the ENTIRE ROSTER be DLC minus 3-4 characters. Pretty sure nobody would ever be supporting a game like that, lol.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,082
    edited April 30
    I'm going to break it down. This is the truth of the current price structure of games. Publishers are scared to raise the base price of games. All this season pass, day one dlc, and general DLC shenanigans are to cover the increased cost of development while appearing to keep the game prices the same. Games should be more than $60. The base price of game should probably be $80 to $90 dollars at this point. People flipped their shit with Microsoft started charging $60 for 360 games back in 2005.

I'm 37. Playstation and Saturn games were $50 in the late 90s. N64 games, due to cartridges, were $60 to $70 and in some cases more. There is no way that game prices should only be $10 higher than there were when I was in high school. There are people that post here that were born after I graduated from high school and are in college now. In that time the base price of games has only risen $10. Everything else has gone up far more in price since then. Gas was less than $1 a gallon. The combo that costs me $7 at Wendy's was less than $4 then. I could bum $20 from my mom, get a half tank of gas, a combo from McDonald's, go to the movies, and still have $7 to blow at my local Mindboggle arcade. $20 will only get me the half tank of gas today. I need $50 to do the same thing today if I was teenager. Although, there would be no arcade to spend the left over cash at today.

Haven't full scale COMPLETELE action titles like Horizon, Nioh, Metal gear Solid, Uncharted and NieR completely debunked this theory that games cost more to make??

A fighting game doesn't need nearly as many resources as an Uncharted title. And yet Uncharted dlc is useless, and the full game is a complete product. What say you?

Your posts make my head hurt. How do the games listed debunk what he said?

According to Forbes MGSV had a $80 million budget. With that budget it needed to sell 5-6 million copies to break even. Keep in mind that Kojima never got to finish the game how he wanted.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/06/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-sells-3-million-units-but-its-not-out-of-the-woods-yet/#6c1fa4118317

We don't know how much Nier's development cost but the game isn't getting meaningful DLC because they don't have the budget for it
    http://wccftech.com/nier-automata-director-theres-not-enough-budget-meaningful-dlc-drakengard-ps4-collection-possible-enough-demand/

Nioh has been in development for over ten years. It will be tough to track just how much money was spend back when it was announced as a PS2 game to what it became.

According to this, Uncharted 4 is Sony's biggest investment in a single game. You can only imagine how much dough Sony dropped on it.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/05/06/uncharted-4-playstations-largest-ever-software-investment-says-marketing-manager/

Horizon got a modest budget of $47 million
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/03/horizon_zero_dawn_cost_a_reported_e45_million_to_make

You debunk nothing

If your head hurts so much responding to me then block me and stop quoting my shit I wasn't even talking to you lol.

All you did was post numbers that companies claim to need to break even. Which are usually exaggerations but that's besides the point.

I stated that making quality games is well within capcoms budget. Whether or not it sells is irrelevant considering you just went out your way to prove that no game is selling their anticipated numbers. So going by what YOU posted, they might as well make a good game if It's not going to sell anyway.

That's called "backfiring"

Leave me alone.
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953

Your posts make my head hurt. How do the games listed debunk what he said?

According to Forbes MGSV had a $80 million budget. With that budget it needed to sell 5-6 million copies to break even. Keep in mind that Kojima never got to finish the game how he wanted.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/06/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-sells-3-million-units-but-its-not-out-of-the-woods-yet/#6c1fa4118317

We don't know how much Nier's development cost but the game isn't getting meaningful DLC because they don't have the budget for it
    http://wccftech.com/nier-automata-director-theres-not-enough-budget-meaningful-dlc-drakengard-ps4-collection-possible-enough-demand/

Nioh has been in development for over ten years. It will be tough to track just how much money was spend back when it was announced as a PS2 game to what it became.

According to this, Uncharted 4 is Sony's biggest investment in a single game. You can only imagine how much dough Sony dropped on it.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/05/06/uncharted-4-playstations-largest-ever-software-investment-says-marketing-manager/

Horizon got a modest budget of $47 million
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/03/horizon_zero_dawn_cost_a_reported_e45_million_to_make

You debunk nothing

If your head hurts so much responding to me then block me and stop quoting my shit I wasn't even talking to you lol.

All you did was post numbers that companies claim to need to break even. Which are usually exaggerations but that's besides the point.

I stated that making quality games is well within capcoms budget. Whether or not it sells is irrelevant considering you just went out your way to prove that no game is selling their anticipated numbers. So going by what YOU posted, they might as well make a good game if It's not going to sell anyway.

That's called "backfiring"

Leave me alone.

You didn't even read those did you? The articles were mainly how much it cost to develop those games. Some giving actual numbers. You made no mention of what's within Capcom's budget in the post I quoted. Only the games you listed is somehow is suppose to prove that game development hasn't risen. I don't know about you but I don't remember PS2 games having the budget of a MGS5.

inb4 "But Shenmue!"

As for the topic at hand, this is fine. Granted, I'm waiting to purchase MVCI for certain other reasons, but the DLC isn't grossly abnormal or anything. I actually respect the fact that Capcom is being upfront and saying "Yeah, pay a little extra for these." This is coming from the guy who bought every single character/season of Killer Instinct over the past 2 years (among other things). Someone earlier in the thread made mention to the fact that developers have been nervous about raising prices for games. I think that they need to go ahead and bite the bullet sometime soon. Things will go back to how they were more than a decade ago, with games feeling more complete due to not having DLC. But until then, this is what we got.

tldr: Developers need to eat, and DLC/Season passes have become such a norm that I didn't even flinch when I saw the DLC announcement.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
    Dr. Will, you my dude, but you know damn well if game prices go up, this same DLC shit will continue. Ain't shit going back to how it used to be, especially with dummies jumping in front of my venom bullets to defend Capcpom senpai from any and all criticism.

The level of tone deafness coming hot off the heels of the failure that is SFV, is disrespectful, incompetent, and negligent.

The fact you didn't even blink at this speaks volumes as to how heavily abused and expected this nonsense is now.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,978
    Well, to be fair, at least UMvC3 added for free the "Heroes & Herlads" DLC. That was very nice.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    edited May 1
    It's really naive to think 80 dollar games will make DLC go away. You'll get DLC with 80 dollar initial price games.

DLC goes hand in hang with gaming now. There is no escape other than a time machine.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

yes, it is, which is why i'd repeat the same thing i said above. despite any pull power of the brands, that shouldn't matter to anyone serious/competitive about fighters as it's a non-factor to gameplay. it doesn't really matter, at any rate.

In that case, what you say is even less relevant because the gameplay looks fine.

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,859
    It's really naive to think 80 dollar games will make DLC go away. You'll get DLC with 80 dollar initial price games.

DLC goes hand in hang with gaming now. There is no escape other than a time machine.

Oh well, I've been on a retro gaming binge anyway. Well...outside of fighters and Tales games, and Persona 5...dammit.

In that case, what you say is even less relevant because the gameplay looks fine.
    haha, sure thing, buddy.
    retsu go justin
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,645
    DLC is the price we pay for continuous support after release.
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 51
    This is pretty simple. I see a new MvC game. I buy it. Only time will tell if it's worth or not, and if I'm going to buy the dlc.
    That deluxe edition looks dope tho.
    Lantis wrote: »
    Bullshit. Look how Smash delivered content.

Capcpom is full of shit.

I see you are defending Nintendo.

Your death will not be quick.

You talk that good shit, but the fact is slow ass, stuck-in-the-90s Nintendo handles DLC better than Capcpom.

haha, sure thing, buddy.

Yea, it's a sure thing, dumbass.
    Yea, it's a sure thing, dumbass.
    hey man, if you like eating garbage i won't stop you. let's all get excited for some casual marvel guys
    retsu go justin
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,663
    edited May 3
    I supported it. But only because I support FGC, Esports, etc.

In general, this concept is pretty bad. Pay season pass for 5 DLC characters that we do not know.
    I liked NRS system where they would group a set of DLC and sale it with the characters being known.

Yes it can be more expensive to some degree but at least you know what you are buying.
    This way you can pick and choose who to buy.

To sum it up in one word. Choices.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 292

Or if the videogaming industry starts crashing...which I think will happen in the near future, especially with Sony & Microsoft releasing "upgrades" of consoles just to prevent hardcore gamers from moving onto PC Gaming...which they're failing at.
    k4polo wrote: »
    I supported it. But only because I support FGC, Esports, etc.

In general, this concept is pretty bad. Pay season pass for 5 DLC characters that we do not know.
    I liked NRS system where they would group a set of DLC and sale it with the characters being known.

Yes it can be more expensive to some degree but at least you know what you are buying.
    This way you can pick and choose who to buy.

To sum it up in one word. Choices.

When you're making a bad choice, but go through with it anyway, what are you really accomplishing?