Do you plan supporting this scam?

Comments

• KingSlenderKingSlender Joined: Posts: 55
    This whole ordeal has me looking into Tekken and I don't know a damn thing about Tekken other than than its a fighting game not made by current-era Capcom.
    Nation: U.S.A.
    Date of Birth: 2.9.1961
    Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 280lb.
    Specialty: Back Breaker
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 628
    Yes, I am buying this scam. Nova, Captain Marvel, Thanos, Ultron are free. I am good to go buddy.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 662
    edited June 28
    More mad at the changes than dlc I don't have to buy.

Still, I played SF4 series for a few years and I couldn't stand that. What's a few months trying to tolerate a game I can't stand.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409
    YawDan wrote: »
    More mad at the changes than dlc I don't have to buy.

Still, I played SF4 series for a few years and I couldn't stand that. What's a few months trying to tolerate a game I can't stand.

What changes are you mad at?
    edited June 28
    flicky wrote: »

Greetings... removing assists mainly. Completely changed the neutral and meta of the series, and playing the demo compounded it for me. The game is now more footsie based which is a personal distaste of mine. Tagging can replicate some assist functions to a degree. But I don't wanting be switching points every other button press. And the gems don't do much to offset this at all.

other things are intangible; the game is now more SFxT: Marvel edition with elaborate combos and flexible tags and ability enhancing gems rather than property enhancing gems e.g boosting attack or increasing defense- than it is a Marvel game. Many other staples of the series such as the damage, superjumps (I do not call that a superjump) and the third character being reduced or removed, and even characters like Chun Li that I mained, being based on her SF model rather than her Marvel style, has made the game lose a lot of it's identity.
    Post edited by YawDan on
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,806 mod
    edited June 28
    flicky wrote: »

Greetings... removing assists mainly. Completely changed the neutral and meta of the series, and playing the demo compounded it for me. The game is now more footsie based which is a personal distaste of mine. Tagging can replicate some assist functions to a degree. But I don't wanting be switching points every other button press. And the gems don't do much to offset this at all.

other things are intangible; the game is now more SFxT: Marvel edition with elaborate combos and flexible tags and ability enhance gems rather than property enhancing gems e.g boosting attack or increasing defense, than it is a Marvel game. Many other staples of the series such as the damage, superjumps (I do not call that a superjump) and the third character being reduced or removed, and even characters like Chun Li that I mained, being based on her SF model rather than her Marvel style, has made the game lose a lot of it's identity.

That's only in comparison to Marvel 3. The older games had more fundamentals and footsies. Even a game like MvC2 had less converting stray hits into full TODs (in fact mid level MvC2 is more about space control and pure chip). Actually getting to the damaging stuff required work and there was more jostling around and playing footsies before getting to that. Just watch any JWong match against Sanford, and you'll see them playing a lot of "Marvel footsies" (with both Storm's "dancing" around the screen), incidentally, something a lot of people say is missing from UMvC3 outside of MorriDoom.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    edited June 28
    d3v wrote: »
    That's only in comparison to Marvel 3. The older games had fundamentals and footsies. Even a game like MvC2 had less converting stray hits into full TODs (in fact mid level MvC2 is more about space control and pure chip). Actually getting to the damaging stuff required work and there was more jostling around and playing footsies before getting to that. Just watch any JWong match against Sanford, and you'll see them playing a lot of "Marvel footsies", incidentally, something a lot of people say is missing from UMvC3 outside of MorriDoom.

Salutations.. to preface I competed in Umvc3 and played the series as a whole from XvSF. But my understanding of games mechanics were at best intermediary until Mvc3.

Nevertheless, the older games still had assists in them; the series was never devoid of footsies (or fundamentals) but will be more reliant on them come Infinite. I said personal distaste as I was never a fan of games mainly around footsies and spacing as I found them linear and boring eg 1-v-1s, which is why the Marvel Vs series was my primary fighting game then sole FG with Mvc3. Assists also served to make characters viable and could help in neutral should a character (or player...) lack in footsie tools and fundamentals (so mainly the player).

But yes, removing assists has removed layers from the game that made it enjoyable but even moreso, playable for me. Still, I always felt like MVC2 players, SF(xT) players, and those that prefered a more fundamental-oriented neutral would be comfortable with Infinite. Which was why I don't get the shilling comments as a lot of high-level players would take to the gameplay. But that's a whole other convo.
    Weird that you bring up XvSF since that had no assists and had more neutral in it.

Also, active switch will actually make the game less 1v1 and more true 2v2 once people wrap their heads around them. As I've said before, it's the closest we can get to actually controlling 2 characters at the same time without going the way of MvC1's duos.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    edited June 28
    d3v wrote: »
    Weird that you bring up XvSF since that had no assists and had more neutral in it.

Don't wanna bait up my age lol. Games like XvSF are more nostalgic than ideal for me.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited June 28
    To be fair they already compensate with the removal of the assist, DHC and etc. Because of the freetag system that is the only selling point other than the brand name.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Compensated may be too strong a word for me. Don't feel that they've replaced a lot of the stuff they took away from what the game became. Then again, they did say they wanted to reinvent the series.

Although I acknowledge the new possibilities of the more flexible tag system.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    There was definitely alot of footsies in mvc2 sent Vs sent matches where great examples of this
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited June 28
    It had it's drawback yet it has it's reward in a just way like traditional Marvel. The thing that change is execution, flexibility and responsiveness.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    You see I'm on the opposite side of the fence, Vs games have had assists since MSHvSF and sure it has become a staple for the series but I'm actually glad they're revisiting MSH, it's even more nostalgic to me because that's where it started for me. I didn't get XMvSF until six years later when I got a Japanese Saturn. It's the colours, I love the colours, that's what's so striking to me in MSH and they've definitely kept that intact with Infinite.

As much as I like them I can do fine without assists as I honestly think the tag system has more application, more so than SFxT at least. Because you can create your own different kinds of situations instead of falling into what becomes very predictable ones. With a lack of assists there's no more assist counter picking on the character select screen, how stones counter each other has yet to be seen but I think that gives a lot of control back to the casual player and opens more doors for creativity, because regardless of what stone you choose you can still be mixed up in ways you can't even dream of no matter how good you are. Like there's no foresight at all on how your opponent is going to use switch, stones yes but switch is completely freestyle, there's no more insight on what to do if Vergil has beam assist, that's completely out of the window, you now have to think of the entire package it's self and even top players will find it difficult to know what to expect.

I didn't buy SFV, I'm happy about that, I love Vs games so I'm putting the money towards that, I think that's fair! ;)
    edited June 29
    Without the freetag system and making this game as a 3v3 fighter with assist and gems/stone would make this a flop.

Luckily they didn't choose the previous system with just add stones because it will be inferior with UMVC3 and DBFZ in many ways... other than being better because of polygons.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    Without the freetag system and making this game as a 3v3 fighter with assist and gems/stone would make this a flop.

Luckily they didn't choose the previous system with just add stones because it will be inferior with UMVC3 and DBFZ in many ways... other than being better because of polygons.

Where?
    edited June 29
    MVCi is just ahead with UMVC3 in terms of polygons because of the current technology but never by visual aesthetics.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Ya'll blind.
    MVCi pinnacle of art direction of the versus series?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,814
    edited June 29
    I actually agree with @flicky on that, I hated MvC2/3 extreme focus in the assist system. The screen was crowded with all kinds of shit at every moment.
    Magegg wrote: »
    I actually agree with @flicky on that, I hated MvC2/3 extreme focus in the assist system. The screen was crowded with all kinds of shit at every moment.

Once we optimize this, the screen's gonna be filled with multiple character at a time because of tag. Outside of combos (where multiple tafs increase the cooldown) tags can be called just as fast as assists.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Tag is still preferable to assist.
    At least tagging is a straightforward aimed barrage, with assists you feel like being attacked from all the flanks at the same time. I hate that shit.
    At least tagging is a straightforward aimed barrage, with assists you feel like being attacked from all the flanks at the same time. I hate that shit.

DI Short Hop and IAD cancelling say hi.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    I don't like that gameplay.

But to each its own.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's just the constant visual noise of shit constantly showing up on screen that's rough for people. I remember watching Marvel 2 at Evo 2006 (my first one) and I'm just looking over at one of my local Marvel 2 players like "WTF is going on? Which Commando is which? Sometimes they're flying so high that I just see lightning bolts fly up into the sky". Commando can make the game look like the players are fighting in the red hole on Jupiter with lightning bolts just crashing everywhere while they're fighting.

Jam Sessions and Hidden missiles are like the MVC3 version of that where you have these vertical, off screen attacks constantly plaguing the neutral. Fun to utilize and interesting to see once you understand it, but for someone new its just a lot of noise.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Real men go and fight you directly, they don't call their friends to distract you first and open your defense.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,032
    I'll say that compared to other fighting games that have assists, the versus series handled theirs in a mediocre fashion. I understand if that's the angle they want to go for, but other fighters have a more unique way of utilizing assists than Marvel ever has.
    edited June 30
    I'll say that compared to other fighting games that have assists, the versus series handled theirs in a mediocre fashion. I understand if that's the angle they want to go for, but other fighters have a more unique way of utilizing assists than Marvel ever has.

Don't other games just add longer cooldowns to theirs.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,032
    Not just varying cooldowns but different assist types. The cooldowns also helped normalize the stronger assists in the game, which was very interesting. Right now, I'm using DFC as the current platform for an assist dream. Nitroplus Blasterz had a unique assist system, but assists were incredibly strong but also had crippling long cooldowns to balance them out, which wouldn't really fit in a Marvel game. This is why I think DFC has the best way of handling assists. Imagine if in MvC2/MvC3, if you picked a character as an assist, you had access to all three of their assists to choose from during the match, not just one. Then there's the whole assist interaction with different gameplay mechanics that is left unexplored.

It's a pipe dream but Marvel could add a lot more range to assists. The simple and current way suffices but it could be a well needed change to the series.
    The problem with DFC style command+assist is that it limits the uses and avenues for certain tech. The most obvious of which is that it possibly locks back+assist to one assist, or prevents you from calling a specific assist while holding back (similar reason to why we complained about back+assist to tag in the early builds of MvC3).

Personally, if Marvel were to go back to assists, I'd like to see it go the Skullgirls route with custom assists.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,346
    Real men go and fight you directly, they don't call their friends to distract you first and open your defense.

Not to nerd out about this, but I think the assist system came about as a way to replicate the way the xmen fight. For example wolverine gets thrown in the middle of the enemies with Collosus backup while heavy hitter glass cannons like psyclops and storm stay out of range. Xmen are almost always outgunned in some way but win through teamwork.
    Korbidon wrote: »

Not to nerd out about this, but I think the assist system came about as a way to replicate the way the xmen fight. For example wolverine gets thrown in the middle of the enemies with Collosus backup while heavy hitter glass cannons like psyclops and storm stay out of range. Xmen are almost always outgunned in some way but win through teamwork.

Great reasoning.

I also liked that assists gave the series practical differentiations in gameplay, compared with the SFs, Tekken Tags and other popular fighters.

Have to disagree. Personally, I liked being able to do both like in Mvc3. But prefer assists over tagging.

If i just wanted to tag, I'd play SFxT or Tekken Tag. Didn't want the Vc series to revert back to/become like those games.
    edited July 4

Have to disagree. Personally, I liked being able to do both like in Mvc3. But prefer assists over tagging.

If i just wanted to tag, I'd play SFxT or Tekken Tag. Didn't want the Vc series to revert back to/become like those games.

Technically Marvel Infinite allows you to have assists without having an assist. You actually get more assists in this game than you do in any Marvel game ever. You just have to find a good spot and then switch your point character in which allows you to turn just about any move your point character has into an assist. I really like the idea and it lets the game have a bit of SFxT style teamwork where you're always switching between both characters, but even expands on the moves you can use to assist the characters.

Typically projectile type characters like Dr.Strange and Dante will make the best assists as they have a lot of moves they can shoot from far away and then tag the point character in for assist pressure. This essentially allows you to use moves like Grace of Hoggoth, Stinger and Drive to assist the character you tag in. Dr.Strange's new proximity bomb agomotto will be great for instilling fear and pressure when tagging in.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Technically Marvel Infinite allows you to have assists without having an assist. You actually get more assists in this game than you do in any Marvel game ever. You just have to find a good spot and then switch your point character in which allows you to turn just about any move your point character has into an assist. I really like the idea and it lets the game have a bit of SFxT style teamwork where you're always switching between both characters, but even expands on the moves you can use to assist the characters.

Typically projectile type characters like Dr.Strange and Dante will make the best assists as they have a lot of moves they can shoot from far away and then tag the point character in for assist pressure. This essentially allows you to use moves like Grace of Hoggoth, Stinger and Drive to assist the character you tag in. Dr.Strange's new proximity bomb agomotto will be great for instilling fear and pressure when tagging in.

... I didn't like SFxT.

Lol. I don't hate the tag mechanic- in fact I think it's really good and wish the previous games had it in.

However, not a fan of having to constantly switch points, among other things.
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,487

... I didn't like SFxT.

Lol. I don't hate the tag mechanic- in fact I think it's really good and wish the previous games had it in.

I know you'll like it when you figure TODs with Captain America 3F low into death. #COMEATMEBRO
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration

... I didn't like SFxT.

Yeah at first I didn't like the whole SFxT switching thing because although it's cool to constantly be in play of both of your characters, if that was all there was to it like in XTekken then it wouldn't seem so fun. Being able to call special moves and switch during them allows you to essentially create a large set of point based assists that you wouldn't be able to regularly in Marvel. Like how I always thought it would be cool to use H plasma beam as an assist in Marvel, but can't because they just want you to use the M version. Lots of characters have normals that would be good to assist another character and now you can finally use them for that purpose. Opens up a lot of things with the gems.

• itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 424
    Articles on comicbookmovie.com & IGN...wow. It's pretty much mainstream now that MVCI is dead on arrival.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    itsOneO wrote: »
    Articles on comicbookmovie.com & IGN...wow. It's pretty much mainstream now that MVCI is dead on arrival.

Garbage goes to the garbage bin. What's new?
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 488
    itsOneO wrote: »

Well it's obvious to anyone that this game is so fucked.
    Graphics are very subpar when it comes to the character designs, even the designs of the characters just seems meh and they rarely pop and just like SFV, it's basically throwing away all of it's aesthetic for it's gameplay and think that will carry it through everything when all it will do is just make it have longevity in the FGC...which won't matter at all when Capcom almost immediately stop supporting the game within a year due to how bad of a bomb it really is, thus starting a UMvC3 situation all over again.

Even if Dragonball FighterZ wasn't a thing, the game STILL would have been a massive failure due to how bad SFV was and how hard people was going to scrutinize this game due to that.
    Xhominid wrote: »
    which won't matter at all when Capcom almost immediately stop supporting the game within a year due to how bad of a bomb it really is, thus starting a UMvC3 situation all over again.
    I agree with everything you've said except for this. I'm pretty sure Marvel and Capcom have already mapped and agreed how they're going to handle the MvC:I business for at least 3-4 years to come and that's already a done deal Marvel can't retreat from.
    edited July 4
    Maybe we'll see a 3v3 MVC again with the freestyle tag with tag assault like TT2 and assist system at the same time.

But they would still take for granted content and visual design, until the other company beat them to it.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 444
    edited July 5
    I finally was able to play the story demo a few times a few days ago.

Honestly? It was pretty fun. I'll probably pick up the game at some point.

Probably won't buy the DLC because I'm cheap lmao.
    Post edited by CyberPhoenix0252 on
    Rip sig.
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 488
    Xhominid wrote: »
    which won't matter at all when Capcom almost immediately stop supporting the game within a year due to how bad of a bomb it really is, thus starting a UMvC3 situation all over again.
    I agree with everything you've said except for this. I'm pretty sure Marvel and Capcom have already mapped and agreed how they're going to handle the MvC:I business for at least 3-4 years to come and that's already a done deal Marvel can't retreat from.

You can say that about Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3...and all that had was a single balance patch...for everything it barely had, including REMOVING MODES(Remember Shadow Battles? Pepperidge Farms remembers...and so do fucking I) and they patched it once and left it to die.

I think Marvel will just plain dip if they don't get the sales they are expecting.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473
    She-Hulk da bes.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10