Video Game General 5.0: This thread is the MOST ULTIMATE THREAD!!! Other threads are sexist!!

Comments

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,930

I seriously don't think they care about making anything that will not sell like crazy anymore. Besides can they even outdo their greatest sandbox game? Surely, they wouldn't recreate Animal House in a sequel...

Bully was a successful game for Rockstar. It probably won't make GTA money but a sequel would still be a successful game.

Nothing makes gta money. They can't set that bar for themselves, it'll fail every time.

I doubt they think Red Dead is going to do GTAV numbers.

I'm all for another bully.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,954
    purbeast wrote: »
    I spent $800 at Xbox One launch just for KI3. I bought the pin ultimate edition, the TE2, and the console. I own a KI2 cabinet and have the real KI1 and KI2 PCB's and HD's. I'm probably one of the biggest KI fans on here.

I loved KI3 when it first came out and I loved it at the start of S2. But as Season 2 started to progress and I saw the direction the game was going, I just completely started to not like it. Now a days I won't even bother watching tournaments for the most part and I haven't even touched KI3 since the end of S2 (or my Xbox One for the most part).

Keits and IG completely ruined KI3 to me. I can only imagine if Double Helix did not get bought by Amazon how much of a better state KI3 would be in right now. It's a shame really. Short of MS announcing that DH is coming back to take over the reigns of KI3, there is nothing they really can do to get me back on board at this point that I can think of.

I want to laugh at this as its KI and Xbox, but honestly I can't as I get just as hype for other game series.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,692
    I spent $800 at Xbox One launch just for KI3. I bought the pin ultimate edition, the TE2, and the console. I own a KI2 cabinet and have the real KI1 and KI2 PCB's and HD's. I'm probably one of the biggest KI fans on here.

I loved KI3 when it first came out and I loved it at the start of S2. But as Season 2 started to progress and I saw the direction the game was going, I just completely started to not like it. Now a days I won't even bother watching tournaments for the most part and I haven't even touched KI3 since the end of S2 (or my Xbox One for the most part).

Keits and IG completely ruined KI3 to me. I can only imagine if Double Helix did not get bought by Amazon how much of a better state KI3 would be in right now. It's a shame really. Short of MS announcing that DH is coming back to take over the reigns of KI3, there is nothing they really can do to get me back on board at this point that I can think of.

I am curious but what are the changes that IG made to KI that ruined the game for your?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala

I am curious but what are the changes that IG made to KI that ruined the game for your?
    Think about it now, I am curious too.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,021
    For me personally I hated how in season 3 combo breakers were changed. Before when you landed a successful combo breakers you would get a knockdown with a nice advantage. Now the when you combo break the aggressor flips out and resets neutral. Felt it took my reward away for successfully landing a breaker.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,730
    edited May 15

They basically became patch happy like NRS changing characters too much and the new content and characters were lacking hard as far as polish/animation goes, and they went complete anime with some of the new characters and direction of the game. I saw a video recently of how the ultimates look and they look like a high school project.

I also didn't like some mechanical changes, such as the combo breaker changes as mentioned up above. I also didn't like how they changed the air breakers and what not, and I didn't like how they changed how Glacius could break from far away risk free, and instead made him slide in close. I thought it was just something that made him unique and fun, and the way they changed it looked so bad. Like the animations in general, as I mentioned above, are amateur as shit once IG took over. The air combo breaker animations also look really stupid for a lot of characters.

They basically just tried to do too much to the core mechanices of the game and characters by getting patch happy, and I didn't like the direction the game went. I'd take season 1 with the 8 characters over the crap that is out there now.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,444
    Unless MS has some real crazy shit planned (probably in regards to the Scorpio and its capabilities beyond just the Xbox titles) - I have no idea what the fuck are they trying to do this generation. It's like they blew their load early when they realized they fucked up in a major way with the DRM bullshit and PS4 taking the lead, and now they don't have anything to please the crowd with. MAYBE the backwards compatibility with the original Xbox, but that's about it

They can hype the hardware inside the Scorpio all they want but they can't nor will be able to ride on that, let alone bring the situation around and catch up with Sony (and there's like a 30 million unit gap between the two now)

The only way I see MS actually making Scorpio useful is basically making it a glorified Steam Machine with Microsoft branding and making it cross-compatible with all PC games, since the thing will run Windows 10 out of the box anyway and Direct X is a big part of it, both software and hardware wise
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,844
    Nothing Rockstar makes will ever pull GTA numbers, but they still have yet to release a flopped game(unless you count the initial blunders of GTAO). Since they actually don't rush a game out the door, they've gotten a reputation for quality whether you like their games or not. If they drop a game, it's a finished, playable product. Right now people will buy a game on the Rockstar logo alone.

I think maybe the closest thing to a flop they could release right now is another Manhunt installment. It would meet it's sales requirements for sure, but I can't say it would be a record breaker.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,190
    Nothing Rockstar makes will ever pull GTA numbers, but they still have yet to release a flopped game(unless you count the initial blunders of GTAO). Since they actually don't rush a game out the door, they've gotten a reputation for quality whether you like their games or not. If they drop a game, it's a finished, playable product. Right now people will buy a game on the Rockstar logo alone.

I think maybe the closest thing to a flop they could release right now is another Manhunt installment. It would meet it's sales requirements for sure, but I can't say it would be a record breaker.

I miss midnight club
    I also miss Midnight Club. It would be great to get another Smuggler's Run
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,444
    Raij1n wrote: »

I miss midnight club

Midnight Club LA got left behind too early. Once the server was shut down - you basically lost half of game's featurette, including buying tuned cars from other players
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,190
    LA didn't have the personality that 2 or 3 did imo. The city was great, driving was ok... But I never felt as vested in the race as those two made me.

Yeah it was as typically unforgiving, but I didn't feel it was a personal or over the top as its predecessors. I had a very good time with it though.
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953

That's because, like you said, they don't drop something super shitty.
    They're like what Bethesda could be if they tried harder. All the resources in the world due to the fact that their games print money (GTAV is still selling copies somehow), and a proven track record for quality.

Anyways, I respect the fact that Rockstar will still put out games other than GTA. The fact that we can actually think about shit like Red Dead Redemption 2 and see it become a thing is awesome. I almost believe that we could see a Bully 2 of some sort (either a different character in a different school, or continuation of the original story into college), but I won't hold my breath.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,947
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Rockstar got so much fuck you money, they can pretty much do whatever they want in between GTA projects.
    Fucking facts.

They are (still) making money from sales and chumps buying ingame currency.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Justice Has Prevailed! Joined: Posts: 3,218
    For me personally I hated how in season 3 combo breakers were changed. Before when you landed a successful combo breakers you would get a knockdown with a nice advantage. Now the when you combo break the aggressor flips out and resets neutral. Felt it took my reward away for successfully landing a breaker.

Why do you think you deserve to have an advantage state after a Burst?
    Prove your justice to society.

Combo breakers are nothing like bursts. It doesn't use up any resources and you need to have a sharp eye to know which breaker to use. It's easy to fuck up if you treat it like a guessing game and get a 5 second cool down for your failure. Season 3 made it easier to land manual links making it harder to land breakers successfully.

Combo breakers are nothing like bursts. It doesn't use up any resources and you need to have a sharp eye to know which breaker to use. It's easy to fuck up if you treat it like a guessing game and get a 5 second cool down for your failure. Season 3 made it easier to land manual links making it harder to land breakers successfully.

Doesn't the fact that it's free make it more appropriate that you don't get an advantage state off of it?

You got hit; that's your loss. You have the ability to escape and lessen the damage, but you shouldn't be outright rewarded with an advantageous position for doing so. Especially if it uses no resources.

Doesn't the fact that it's free make it more appropriate that you don't get an advantage state off of it?

You got hit; that's your loss. You have the ability to escape and lessen the damage, but you shouldn't be outright rewarded with an advantageous position for doing so. Especially if it uses no resources.

No. Counter breaker exists for a reason. If someone's is that good at breaking combos or just break happy you have something to use against that and you get rewarded with your combo counter resetting back to zero and the opponent getting a purple lockout.

No. Counter breaker exists for a reason. If someone's is that good at breaking combos or just break happy you have something to use against that and you get rewarded with your combo counter resetting back to zero and the opponent getting a purple lockout.

Counter Breaker is just a Burst bait. Just because you can Burst bait doesn't mean Bursts should give you advantage.
    drwill439 wrote: »
    .They're like what Bethesda could be if they tried harder.

In the defense of Bethesda they have a very small development team. At the most a project will never have more than 100 people.
    They only have 100 programmers, designers, artist and engineers working for them. And Bethesda don't like outsourcing work. Last time they did we got the buggiest game they ever release, Fallout New Vegas.

Counter Breaker is just a Burst bait. Just because you can Burst bait doesn't mean Bursts should give you advantage.

Counter breaker is not a bait. They are never safe to attempt. A failed counter breaker leaves you wide open to counter attack and it will hurt.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,160
    Darksakul wrote: »

In the defense of Bethesda they have a very small development team. At the most a project will never have more than 100 people.
    They only have 100 programmers, designers, artist and engineers working for them. And Bethesda don't like outsourcing work. Last time they did we got the buggiest game they ever release, Fallout New Vegas.

If that's the case, they need to lower the scope of their games. I personally don't play their games, but every time one is released, I hear more about bugs than the actual gameplay. That's not going to make someone like me decide to play one.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,074
    edited May 16
    CTG wrote: »

If that's the case, they need to lower the scope of their games. I personally don't play their games, but every time one is released, I hear more about bugs than the actual gameplay. That's not going to make someone like me decide to play one.

too be honest you hear of the bugs for like a week then how much everyone loves it will be all anyone will even talk about for the next two months.

i can still remember the epilepsy cave and that goddam retarded dragon that prevented fast travel because he was in the area but you couldn't kill him because his pathing was all kinds of fucked up.

There is not that many bugs. Trippe AAA games Assassins Creed and the Halo: The Master Chief Collection ships out with more bugs than Bethesda games.
    And most of Bethesda bugs are not game breaking. And the ones that are, can be fixed easily and I don't even mean the modding community. Console commands on PC or going back to a previous save on a Console version of the game bypasses the worst of the bugs. And usually its because YOU killed off an NPC that critical to a Quest.
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can't wait to laugh at all the VR crap
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,074

There is not that many bugs. Trippe AAA games Assassins Creed and the Halo: The Master Chief Collection ships out with more bugs than Bethesda games.
    And most of Bethesda bugs are not game breaking. And the ones that are, can be fixed easily and I don't even mean the modding community. Console commands on PC or going back to a previous save on a Console version of the game bypasses the worst of the bugs. And usually its because YOU killed off an NPC that critical to a Quest.

e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bestSizeAvailable.png
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,844
    Bethesda games might get better if they picked up a new engine. Compared to other things on the market Gamebryo really isn't that great. They've been building every game on the same base since Oblivion I think. With the kind of revenue they rake in they need to be fucking with Fox Engine, REDengine or whatever the fuck Guerilla Games uses.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I enjoy the Bethesda games (Fallout 3, Skyrim, Oblivion, etc.) even if they have a lot of bugs. Games are huge and I think it would take a very, very, long time to get all the bugs out without a great number of people working on just trying to find and remove those bugs. I can see past them because the rest of the game is fun to me. I never finished any of those games but I put hundreds of hours into each of them.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 685
    I generally can't stand Bethesda games from more than 24 hours. There is something soulless about them. The only game I did not get that feel from is New Vegas. It also has the greatest glitch of all time:
    edited May 17
    Bethesda games might get better if they picked up a new engine. Compared to other things on the market Gamebryo really isn't that great. They've been building every game on the same base since Oblivion I think. With the kind of revenue they rake in they need to be fucking with Fox Engine, REDengine or whatever the fuck Guerilla Games uses.
    Wrong!

They gave up Gamebryo long ago, Last game to use it was Fallout 3 only other games to use it was Morrowin, Oblivion (also New Vegas but Bethesda didn't make New Vegas).
    Since Skyrim Bethesda is using the Creation Engine (their own in house engine), they convert the engine to 64 bit with Fallout 4 and refined it more with Skyrim Special edition.

Bethesda never used Fox Engine (Konami's engine for MGS 5), REDengine (only used in the Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077) or whatever the fuck Guerilla Games uses (Decima).

Now stop grasping at straws and saying shit that is wrong.
    I generally can't stand Bethesda games from more than 24 hours. There is something soulless about them. The only game I did not get that feel from is New Vegas. It also has the greatest glitch of all time:
    Bethesda didn't even make New Vegas, Obsidian Entertainment did who were mostly former Interplay employees (devs of the first 2 Fallout games).

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,452
    He never said they used Fox, REDEngine or Decima. He said they SHOULD use one of those.

I Dobt think it would help as Bethesda has no QA process, so changing engines won't help.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited May 17
    He never said they used Fox, REDEngine or Decima. He said they SHOULD use one of those.

I Dobt think it would help as Bethesda has no QA process, so changing engines won't help.

Actually you are right they don't. They literally don't have the staff for it. The only game they has that does is Elder Scrolls Online.
    They have maybe 100 people working for them full time

There Supermarkets that employ more people than Bethesda.
    Thats not a good excuse, you know that right?
    Thats not a good excuse, you know that right?
    I am also sure their budgets are alot smaller than most studios.
    Bethesda never said what their bugets are like
    edited May 17
    Still not a good excuse man.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    Still not a good ezcuse man.

Still there games with huge ass budgets that can't ship out of the door from other AAA devs with game braking bugs

Ass creed Unity glitches

Halo Master Chief Collections is buggy as fuck

Capcom does not even ship complete games and you guys shitting on Bethesda?
    edited May 17
    Yes. Bethesda tends to not fix their bullshit, those companies do. Fuck Assassins Creed games i dont buy that tosh. Horizon has been releasing glitch fixing patches almost weekly for somemof the most minor stuff to, yet Fallout 4 still has my character lose input control for a solid 2 seconds constantly. Witcher 3 is fucking huge to and it has no where near the glitches Beths games have and what it does have they fixed.

Considering the state Bethesda releases their games in they are as bad as Capcom, they release unfinished games as well. Doing quality control and shipping something with minimal bugs is part of finishing.

I'm not saying Bethesda is the worst company ever, I actually enjoyed Fallout 4, but it has a shit load of problems and bugs stil and I'm not gonna sit here say that's ok because Beth too cheap to hire a bigger team to do the job right.