Video Game General 5.0: Gamescom 2017 8/22-8/26, M$ conference 8/20 @ 12 pm PT

Comments

• KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,036
    affinity wrote: »
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    tataa8P wrote: »
    NMS is still a "thing" these days? Damn, I thought that piece of crap went the way of E.T. the extraterrestrial for Atari a long time ago.

Was a good game when it was released, and now it's even better. Patch notes for 1.3 are extensive.

and people call me a shill. at least I don't suck up to one of the worst con artists, scammers, liars, and corrupt developers in the entire industry overall.

they even said No Man's Sky is a mistake.
    https://www.polygon.com/2016/10/28/13453440/no-mans-sky-tweet-game-was-a-mistake

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2016/09/17/sony-appears-to-tell-to-no-mans-sky-developer-sean-murray-that-its-all-his-fault/#312a16184c7d

it's so outrageously disgraceful the sheep are giving them a 2nd chance. Such mindless sheep this industry has for consumers. it's sickening Sony didn't even ban that game and developer from PSN.

and of course racists and weeb haters are gonna give NMS a pass since it's made by white people.

This is the best post you've ever made in your life.
  • ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,845
    edited August 12
    Dumb shit.

The game definitely ain't for simpletons like you. People who were actually paying attention were not at all surprised by the game and knew exactly what we were getting. The only lemming like behavior is you morons following the mob with pitchforks about a game you were too stupid to understand in the first place.

Game is good, people like it. Deal with it. Or don't. GD isn't too good with the critical thought, I know, but do try a little harder next time. Thanks.

Edit: you waterheads are easily impressed lol

PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,612
    Ok..im curious @affinity please explain your last sentence.
    and of course racists and weeb haters are gonna give NMS a pass since it's made by white people.

Please explain this.
    NMS isn't that complicated. It's not hard to understand that the majority of the hype leading up to release was bullshit.

The hype was warranted for what the game represents. Exploring the infinitum of space. Regardless of the success or failure to execute the idea and where you believe NMS falls of the spectrum the idea is ambitious and should be commended. That's first of all.

Second of all, most people that I saw bitching about the game (who ACTUALLY played it), had played it for at least 20 or so hours before saying "herp derp what else do you do?" The hook was compelling enough that even the haters were drawn to it for multiple hours.

And a year later, with everything Sean Murray "lied" about actually being in the game, for free no less, you would think real gamers would want to revisit. Nope.

Just like DmC. You jackoffs went "herp derp 30fps. Devil May Ruined amirite" Then it was released with the 60fps option and nobody was consistent enough to say they hated on the game for a reason that didn't exist anymore so they'd try it.

I actually play videogames. Most of you just bitch about videogames. You know what I was doing while all the DmC shit was going on, the shit you imbeciles can't shut up about? I was playing Revengence. I defend a lot of these games on principle. It's like ya'll don't care about intellectual honesty AT ALL. Po is likely the worst offender but he certainly ain't the only one who is clueless as to how to be consistent and unbiased in his thought process.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,049
    Why the fuck would they remaster borderlands? They already re-released it like twice. A remaster wouldn't make people play it again. Nobody's playing it because you really had to burn that game out by beating it some 3-4 times on different difficulties..

1) Borderlands 1 came out 8 years ago. It's a pretty old game that could be somewhat improved on the gameplay side, like incorporating BL2's autopickup for ammo and money

2) The game could use a slight visual upgrade. It looks rather rough in some aspects, the quality for special effects and texturing wasn't that good yet, etc

3) It was capped at 30fps on PS3 and 360. The upgrade to 60 for BL2 on PS4 going from PS3 made the game infinitely more enjoyable as a first-person shooter. The perfomance in BL1 was also quite inconsistent, often dropping below the base 30fps target

4) The playerbase is slowly dying. Sure, you can find some people to play with on PC, but if you don't have a good one or simply don't own the game on that platform - it means going out of your way to trying and fine at least one person to play it with on 360 or PS3 (or via backwards compat on XB1). PS4 owners have no means of playing the game outside of the shitty PS Now. A rerelease on modern platforms could help to revitalize the game

5) It was only "rereleased" as a GOTY Edition and a part of the special box with both BL1 and BL2, again only on previous gen consoles

6) Remastering the game could also bring features like an FOV slider, improvements to the online/netcode, further fixes to bugs/glitches, and so on, since the support for the game has been long dropped

It's nothing but positives if a remaster does happen and Gearbox have hinted in the past they're not against the idea and might do it, just like they did for BL2 and Pre-Sequel
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,543
    edited August 12
    Dumb shit.

The game definitely ain't for simpletons like you. People who were actually paying attention were not at all surprised by the game and knew exactly what we were getting. The only lemming like behavior is you morons following the mob with pitchforks about a game you were too stupid to understand in the first place.

Game is good, people like it. Deal with it. Or don't. GD isn't too good with the critical thought, I know, but do try a little harder next time. Thanks.

Edit: you waterheads are easily impressed lol

that is dumb shit you posted, and I back the facts with facts

the NMS user score is 4.1. it is not a good game AT ALL. a lot of loyal fans felt cheated.
    and no matter what they add fix, there is no redemption for NMS.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/no-mans-sky

the media average score proves the media was bought off and NMS is an example of absolute corruption taking over for the sake of profit, not making a quality game, not being honest and transparent.
    the entire industry was lied to by those leeches and deceivers. even Ninja Theory would not sink that low and sell their underwhelming game for $60 (SIXTY DOLLARS BRAND NEW).
    hello games and sean murray are just as bad as those evil politicians getting away with all the deception and corrupt agenda they're after,
    it's all about the money to them, and they don't deserve respect.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/17/everything-missing-from-no-mans-sky-list/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/17/broken-promises-of-no-mans-sky/

https://www.naschenweng.info/2016/08/28/requesting-refund-mans-sky-psn-account-banned/

throwing money at them and defending them, would just give more developers excuses to lie to the masses, and roll in the money with greed and minimal effort.

How can you be such an advocate of corruption, deception and evil?????

Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,137
    I almost forgot about that video.

Thanks Chadouken. It's still hilarious :rofl:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)

More dumb shit.

When gamers get sand in their vagina, that is to say, OFTEN, user scores reflect that. For as shitty as the games media is, I'd trust an official metacritic score over the user score ANY DAY. That's your PROOF? You dumb as hell, son.

lol @ NMS somehow being the product of corporate greed. The lead programmer literally left a cozy job at EA making Burnout games to do indie titles with a team of like 7 because he didn't like the big gaming corporate environment. NMS was made by about that many people, give or take. The fact that they couldn't deliver everything on day one, probably because they didn't want to delay the game again and risk getting more death threats from entitled cunts who refused to wait for the game, but would then crucify it for not being everything they wanted lol. And somehow you think that's evil.

lol you. Dumb. As. Hell.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,690
    edited August 12

More dumb shit.

When gamers get sand in their vagina, that is to say, OFTEN, user scores reflect that. For as shitty as the games media is, I'd trust an official metacritic score over the user score ANY DAY. That's your PROOF? You dumb as hell, son.

lol @ NMS somehow being the product of corporate greed. The lead programmer literally left a cozy job at EA making Burnout games to do indie titles with a team of like 7 because he didn't like the big gaming corporate environment. NMS was made by about that many people, give or take. The fact that they couldn't deliver everything on day one, probably because they didn't want to delay the game again and risk getting more death threats from entitled cunts who refused to wait for the game, but would then crucify it for not being everything they wanted lol. And somehow you think that's evil.

lol you. Dumb. As. Hell.

That's a dumb fucking reason. If they can go radio silent for four months after the game release when the game's hate was at it's most volatile then a couple of plebs who can't handle delays shouldn't have been an issue.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,137
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,207
    I was probably the first person to call NMS for what it is before it was released

But I bought it in the sale two days ago :rofl:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,147
    I called that shit immediatly, announcement video was way too good to be true.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited August 12
    @affinity
    that is dumb shit you posted, and I back the facts with facts

Again...please explain this

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,800
    @Sonichuman
    I know you asked assffinity, but it is simple, she hates what she is, and projects it onto others.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,800
    Also, i still like NMS, yes they fucked up by overhyping the game, but they have also been working on making it better and meet their promises from the beginning.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    @Sonichuman
    I know you asked assffinity, but it is simple, she hates what she is, and projects it onto others.

I feel like its of course complete and total bullshit but I like giving people a chance to explain themselves because who knows? Maybe just maybe affinity has some 'facts' out there that I'm not aware of.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,968
    edited August 12
    NMS wasn't a bad game per say it was over hyped, overpriced, and generally misrepresented out the ass. ignoring all the bullshit surrounding it though what it actually has works and provides a stable platform for updating.

pretty much it should have been in early access
    Can you people stop replying to affinity
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,882
    edited August 12
    Lol Po is very consistent in what he hates.

Do you actually get to push multiple buttons and do cool things?

Cool.

Is it "an interactive experience" that only has you pressing a single button every once in a while to experience some lol "rich narrative"?

Not cool.

Is this DLC that actually adds to an already feature rich game, and wasn't purposely withheld due to greed?

Cool.

Is it some "games as a service" bullshit that seeks to nickel and dime with no end?

Not cool.

Is it made by people who give a shit about the product they put out?

Cool.

Does it have Capcpom on the box?

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, light that shit on fire, and launch it into the sun.

See? Simple.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,882
    edited August 12
    Why you tryin to make this about you?

I'm not... However, a certain someone mentioned me by name when he called everyone intellectually dishonest for seeing through the No Man's Sky hype smokescreen.

I just didn't feel like quoting him.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,958
    Why you tryin to make this about you?

cause po is a diva
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,760
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Why the fuck would they remaster borderlands? They already re-released it like twice. A remaster wouldn't make people play it again. Nobody's playing it because you really had to burn that game out by beating it some 3-4 times on different difficulties..

1) Borderlands 1 came out 8 years ago. It's a pretty old game that could be somewhat improved on the gameplay side, like incorporating BL2's autopickup for ammo and money

2) The game could use a slight visual upgrade. It looks rather rough in some aspects, the quality for special effects and texturing wasn't that good yet, etc

3) It was capped at 30fps on PS3 and 360. The upgrade to 60 for BL2 on PS4 going from PS3 made the game infinitely more enjoyable as a first-person shooter. The perfomance in BL1 was also quite inconsistent, often dropping below the base 30fps target

4) The playerbase is slowly dying. Sure, you can find some people to play with on PC, but if you don't have a good one or simply don't own the game on that platform - it means going out of your way to trying and fine at least one person to play it with on 360 or PS3 (or via backwards compat on XB1). PS4 owners have no means of playing the game outside of the shitty PS Now. A rerelease on modern platforms could help to revitalize the game

5) It was only "rereleased" as a GOTY Edition and a part of the special box with both BL1 and BL2, again only on previous gen consoles

6) Remastering the game could also bring features like an FOV slider, improvements to the online/netcode, further fixes to bugs/glitches, and so on, since the support for the game has been long dropped

It's nothing but positives if a remaster does happen and Gearbox have hinted in the past they're not against the idea and might do it, just like they did for BL2 and Pre-Sequel

So basically they should just make Borderlands 3 then with characters from the first two and act like pre-sequel didn't happen. The work put into that would probably meet all criteria you just listed. And like I said, a remaster wouldn't refresh the fanbase. You'd get a percentage of people coming back to play on and off from time to time. All of people either don't want to replay it, or don't feel like grinding everything out again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the remaster though because Gearbox hasn't turned a profit on a game in years.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,128
    Can you people stop replying to affinity

I'm kind of hoping they get to the point where they take it to pms.

And just stay in pms.

Forever.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200

So basically they should just make Borderlands 3 then with characters from the first two and act like pre-sequel didn't happen. The work put into that would probably meet all criteria you just listed

No, it wouldn't. Because that would be Borderlands 3. I need BL1
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 670
    edited August 12
    Borderlands 2 was the only one I heard anything positive about and they money-hatted SEGA's Colonial Marines funds to make that game happen. I do not think GearBox has the budget to make a good game after their Battleborn investment was steamrolled by Blizzard's Overwatch phenomenon.

So basically they should just make Borderlands 3 then with characters from the first two and act like pre-sequel didn't happen. The work put into that would probably meet all criteria you just listed

No, it wouldn't. Because that would be Borderlands 3. I need BL1

And you already have it. You don't want Borderlands 1. You want the onslaught of millions of people to play the game with like it was back at launch, and that will never happen again.

Also, like I said, most of the things you want have already been done. You claim BL1+2 were only re-released as a set on previous gen consoles. Problem with that argument is that this exists

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderlands:_The_Handsome_Collection

"Remastered graphics running at 1080p and 60FPS even with two players on the same system. Four player split screen drops the game to 30."

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,690
    The first game isn't included in the Handsome Jack collection.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    I always thought it was. Either way remastering it only fixes some problems. It's not gonna get players in droves as a remaster for an 8 year old game. Maybe 20 years from now it will.

• MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,442 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sheeeeeeit, yeah I'd prefer they just get Borderlands 3 out sooner rather than waste any time on a remaster of part 1. At best, the first game was "alright" to me, and that was mainly if you had people to play with and after the DLCs made it into a more interesting game.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,196
    They just need to focus on Borderlands 3 right now.

People who pine for 1 miss Roland.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Only thing I miss about 1 is Brick. Punching people into red paste was fun

• ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,968
    honestly i don't see myself picking up a Borderlands 3 anytime soon. there's so much i still haven't done in BL2 DLC, character trees, or to actually finish the dam story that i can scratch that itch for years to come.
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,964
    I've put hundreds of hours into both Borderlands 1 & 2, and I've only ever used Mordercai and Zero. Never even attempted to use any of the other characters lol.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,196
    Gaige is bae.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,958
    edited August 13
    I didn't even finish borderlands 2. I hated the vault hunters and couldn't stand handsome jack. I got maybe 15 hours into it and traded it in.

Borderlands 1 though. Hell yeah.
    Brick was my dude
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

I had left the FPS genre alone for years, since Timesplitters 2 in fact, and Borderlands 2 got me back into the whole genre. Can't bring myself to care about the pre sequel or be bothered to go back to one, but they DEFINITELY need to focus on 3 instead of the other dumb shit Gearbox insists on doing instead. Especially over a B1 remake.
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,964
    I don't see the point of a remake of the original game. Borderlands is all about getting bigger and bigger. "Bazillion gazillion guns!" in each trailer. Why would they go backwards to the dated original game? And if they're going to revamp it with new features and added touches, then why not just make a whole new game? Borderlands 1 wasn't exactly a narrative masterpiece, it hardly had a story at all.