Video Game General 5.0: PSX 2017 12/8 - 12/10: Playstation presents 12/8 @ 8pm PT/ 11pm ET

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,057
    Kanko Bancho is a game where you initiate fights by grillin people so hard with your eyes that a fight is the only way to resolve this staring contest.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just played Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R and have to ask how anyone could do 999 Levels of Survival Mode in one sitting? I made it to Level 629 with Holy Order Sol with a few intermissions inbetween and my inputs still turned to mush.

Call in kazunoko or dogura to sub in for you when you need a break.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The HDD in my PS3 is toast I think. It got stuck in a file restore loop. I took that fucker out and put another, smaller, HDD in it. I guess its kind of good though. I really only use the PS3 to watch video on. Most of the games I had on it I have on my laptop now. So I just downloaded a few games. Since there aren't 30 or so games on that fucker I may actually choose one and play it. I will get a bigger HDD for it at some point but I'm not really in any hurry.

I aint really been playin' shit lately. I started a game of Dark Souls. I think I fucked with the wrong settings in the dsfix.ini and it caused that shit to crash. Didn't get to make it to a save point before the crash so I gotta create a character and shit again. I think I'm just gonna play Red Dead Redemption. I need to finish that game, I've had it since it came out however many years ago. I like it I just get side tracked and start playin' other shit.

I typed that shit up there like a week ago or something but I never clicked the post comment button.

Anyhow, I fucked with Dark Souls some more just to get it running. I had AA enabled in dsfix and in game. That made it crash so I just disabled the AA in game and it works fine now. I decided to wait on that one but when I do play it I'm just going to use the character that I created.

I started playing Red Dead Redemption again. I'm almost ready to go face that one dude at the fort again. I got to the Mexico area the last couple/few times I played. I did a few missions there each time and stopped playing soon after. I think I got bored at that point. I'll just power through this time though.

I'm also playing Metal Gear Rising on my laptop. I'm not a big fan of those kind of games but I'll just play through it. Someone said it takes about 6 hours so that's not long. Its fun. Nothing special so far...just fun. The camera is kinda wonky some times. I started to play this one when I first got it and I made it to where I'm at now - the sewer area...like the second level or some shit.

When I finish MGR I'm gonna play Dark Souls. I'll keep playing RDR too.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,282
    I'm still salty at that stupid-ass trophy glitch. I'm hearing if I get to NG+++ it *might* pop. If it doesn't, I'd have to get another character to NG++ and I can't see myself doing that again.

I only have like two bosses to go to NG+++ the game. I'm going to backup my save before I NG+++ while hoping for the best. :prayer:
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,902
    edited July 24
    angelpalm wrote: »
    JPEG_20170723_234123.jpg?width=832&height=468

Reminds me of PSO when the Japanese players would create their own custom comments using the icons to make messages, instead of the in-game translator.

The chat app is still balls. I remember thinking it was dumb that Sony started charging for an online fee, and Nintendo topped that many times over.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,385
    edited July 24
    Nintendo is only trying to think of the man-children!
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,354
    edited July 24
    speaking of nintendo, nintendo of japan has revealed what the samus amiibos will do in Samus Returns for the 3ds.

Scan the Smash Bros. Samus amiibo
    The Missile Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you missile supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the concept art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Zero Suit Samus amiibo
    The Energy Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after your health reaches zero
    Also unlocks the sound test after beating the game

Scan the Samus amiibo (Metroid series)
    The Aeon Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you aeon supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the Metroid II art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Metroid amiibo
    Gives you a Metroid Marker that you can use during gameplay to locate the nearest Metroid
    After beating the game, this amiibo unlocks the harder Fusion mode, which allows you to use the Fusion Suit

nothing too major outside of scanning the actual metroid amiibo unlocks hardmode.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,902
    Nintendo is only trying to think of the man-children!

What's hilarious about this is they already have a parental app that lets you monitor a kids playtime which is super detailed.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,215
    speaking of nintendo, nintendo of japan has revealed what the samus amiibos will do in Samus Returns for the 3ds.

The Missile Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you missile supply reaches zero.

The Energy Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after your health reaches zero

The Aeon Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you aeon supply reaches zero.

Scan the Metroid amiibo
    Gives you a Metroid Marker that you can use during gameplay to locate the nearest Metroid
    After beating the game, this amiibo unlocks the harder Fusion mode, which allows you to use the Fusion Suit

nothing too major outside of scanning the actual metroid amiibo unlocks hardmode.

Are Amiibos the only way to get these things? Are we locking fucking SOUND TEST behind paywalls now?

Not just a paywall- you have to buy a stupid fucking doll in order to access the content.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,490
    Sound test unlockable? Really? What's next? Brightness settings?
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    edited July 24

Scan the Metroid amiibo

Are Amiibos the only way to get these things? Are we locking fucking SOUND TEST behind paywalls now?

As of now--yes. I agree though. It's pretty stupid. But it's Nintendo -shrug-
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

• DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,557
    edited July 24
    -
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Christmas? Bah, humbug! Joined: Posts: 3,956
    Scan the Arcade Coin amiibo (single use item) to start the game.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
    edited July 24
    Ze double post :(

@crotchpuncha @gasaraki @ExposedD Did any of you guys Plat DSIII or BB? I'm thinking about going for those next.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,311
    Nintendo done went full http://dontevenreply.com...

Of all the stupid ass fucking shit...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,278
    Has me worried about Metroid Prime 4. The Prime series has never really sold to Nintendo's expectations. They'd be stupid to not milk it's rabid fanbase with ridiculous dlc options.
  • DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,557
    Soon there will be DIGITAL Amiibos too. You know...Those that are only exist INSIDE of your nintendo devices.
    People will go nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like CS GO skins.

People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    Saitsu wrote: »

This is arguably worse. Locking shit behind paywalls is nothing new. Locking shit behind LIMITED SUPPLY paywalls however...that's a new level of bullshit.

It's essentially dlc that gets more expensive the longer you wait to buy it.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,246

Scan the Metroid amiibo

Right now it's not clear whether the amiibo just unlocks things early or not.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Sonichuman wrote: »

Scan the Metroid amiibo

Couldn't be early, Kinky's post says you unlock these things after you buy the Amibo and beat the game.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,386
    "Unlocks after beating the game"

This is the wording that concerns me. If it was an early unlock you'd think it would give it to you regardless.

Maybe these are unlocks depending on your speed + completion percentage, and the amiibos are just a way to get them without having to worry about that?

Hopefully...
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonicabid wrote: »

@crotchpuncha @gasaraki @ExposedD Did any of you guys Plat DSIII or BB? I'm thinking about going for those next.

I am not the plat-ing type, so no, but I naturally got high percentages on both. I've heard DS3 is somewhat quick compared to others and BB is mostly fast except that it requires going into the chalice dungeons which many people disliked(I mostly liked em though...)
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,246
    "Unlocks after beating the game"

This is the wording that concerns me. If it was an early unlock you'd think it would give it to you regardless.

Maybe these are unlocks depending on your speed + completion percentage, and the amiibos are just a way to get them without having to worry about that?

Hopefully...

This is pretty much what I'm hoping and expecting since it has that phrasing beside it. That'd be fucking dumb if you buy the amiibo and the stuff doesn't unlock until after you beat the game. Think that'd be the first time that they did that. This is Nintendo though so if this was the curveball that they decided to through I'd still be confused by it but not really surprised. I'm just hoping to get more clarification on it.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,437
    edited July 24

I Platinumed Bloodborne. It wasn't really that hard, but it's time consuming as all fuck. Have fun doing every single Chalice Dungeon in existence.

Also, if you wanna save some time on the multiple endings, just upload a save to the cloud right before you proceed to the final boss. Once you have the ending you want, re download it and pick a different ending. Rinse and repeat.

Dark Souls 3 is one of the hardest to plat because so many items are obtained from maxing out covenants, which is the most mind numbing shit ever considering you're lucky to even find another player with some of those covenants.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,458

I platted bb got all gamerscore on ds3. bb is easier and faster in my opinion because weight isn't a factor in that game meaning if you know boss strengths and weaknesses you can just switch armor to compensate and weapon too depending on build. There aren't the branching boss weapon options like ds3 and chalice progress is maintained between playthroughs so the all weapons collection achievement can be had right at the beginning of ng+ after getting the final bosses weapon.
    As far as the chalices go I'm one of the people that likes them I prefer the short levels after platting the game it's how I spent most of my time playing besides pvp.
    Ds3 has 4 endings and to get all weapons and spells it takes about as many playthroughs but there's more to keep track of the game is longer and more difficult imo.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    edited July 24
    Sonichuman wrote: »

Scan the Metroid amiibo

nintendo japan specifically said the unlocks are post beating the game only if you use the amiibo.

so....

its nintendo being suuuuper fucking stupid.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

I havent plated any if them, but I am currently.playing both so let me know if you want to co-op @Sonicabid
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I havent plated any if them, but I am currently.playing both so let me know if you want to co-op @Sonicabid

Yeah, if it's DS3 I'm cool to join too
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,612

This is arguably worse. Locking shit behind paywalls is nothing new. Locking shit behind LIMITED SUPPLY paywalls however...that's a new level of bullshit.

Damn Activision with what they do with RNG DLC doesn't look as bad by comparison...not that I approve of either business model.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris

I Platinumed Bloodborne. It wasn't really that hard, but it's time consuming as all fuck. Have fun doing every single Chalice Dungeon in existence.

Also, if you wanna save some time on the multiple endings, just upload a save to the cloud right before you proceed to the final boss. Once you have the ending you want, re download it and pick a different ending. Rinse and repeat.

Dark Souls 3 is one of the hardest to plat because so many items are obtained from maxing out covenants, which is the most mind numbing shit ever considering you're lucky to even find another player with some of those covenants.
    S00perCam wrote: »

I platted bb got all gamerscore on ds3. bb is easier and faster in my opinion because weight isn't a factor in that game meaning if you know boss strengths and weaknesses you can just switch armor to compensate and weapon too depending on build. There aren't the branching boss weapon options like ds3 and chalice progress is maintained between playthroughs so the all weapons collection achievement can be had right at the beginning of ng+ after getting the final bosses weapon.
    As far as the chalices go I'm one of the people that likes them I prefer the short levels after platting the game it's how I spent most of my time playing besides pvp.
    Ds3 has 4 endings and to get all weapons and spells it takes about as many playthroughs but there's more to keep track of the game is longer and more difficult imo.

Yeah, the "get all the rings and spells" trophies looked crazy annoying and time consuming which put me off going for the Plat the first time around. I had to get max rank in the Sunbros Covenant for just *one* of the Miracles in DSII and DSIII seemed to have a shitload of those and to grind the requirements offline seemed brutal as hell, especially when you think about how you have to do that multiple times for all of the different covenants.

I know you can get someone to drop all of the Rings for you in coop Demon's Souls style in DSIII but I don't think it works for the spells.

I'm down for some coop. I'm going to boot up BB here in a few since I'm at the endgame with all of those Umbilical Cords or whatever(I did make some save backups so I didn't have to get to NG+++ Martian, that was like the last thing I did before I stopped playing. I'm going to level grind a bit to get a feel for the game again before I go for the final, final boss.) I feel like BB will be a lot easier to jump back into compared to DSIII.

Is it easy to get coop going in BB or DSIII or are there things in place where you can't coop if your levels are too far apart and the like?
    edited July 24
    Nope it's easy both have password and level synch tech.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,215
    I want that Morph Ball keyring.
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,851
    edited July 24
    Infernoman wrote: »

Damn Activision with what they do with RNG DLC doesn't look as bad by comparison...not that I approve of either business model.

That's what's pissing me off. I thought NOTHING could beat Activision's greed after all that shit they pulled last year. Now with this (assuming it's true), I'm seriously weighing which one is worse.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file