Video Game General 5.0: This thread is the MOST ULTIMATE THREAD!!! Other threads are sexist!!

Comments

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,004
    Hoodie Jin and SC at its peak.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 712
    It was also the birth of the most balanced gameplay system and roster in all of fighting games. It was more of a Golden Age of Fighting Games.
    151866-Virtua_Fighter_4_(Japan)-2.jpg
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,664
    Sfiv revived competitive fighting games. Anyone who thinks otherwise it's lying to themselves
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 23
    Chiro wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Capcom tried making the game appeal to casuals, without providing what the casuals really want.

The result is a game that doesn't really appeal to anyone.

If it weren't for esports it'd be dead by now.

all Capcom really needs to appeal to casuals is a solid story mode and a bunch of single player modes. follow what nrs does honestly. im surprised they still haven't figured this out.

Doing that would require them to put a true effort into it and pour money into the project, something that is clear that they aren't willing to do, seeing how SFV has been handled so far, and how MvCI is shaping.

Which is why I think Capcom should license the Street Fighter property so that other, more talented development teams can actually make something coherent. I'm known as a prosf4, anti sfv person here. But the truth is, even SF4 was a step back, and what Capcom *intended* on making with SF4 was closer to what SFV ended up being (at least this is what my intuition tells me). Its just SF4 ended up being accidentally deep.

Get some team that was obsessed with ST and the Alpha games and make something fresh from that perspective.

so basically you're just pulling this out of your ass is what you're saying.

i guess we're retroactively shitting on the game that revived the fighting game genre now.

When you have chupacabra levels of shit taste.
    indigenous_01.jpg
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    Sfiv revived competitive fighting games. Anyone who thinks otherwise it's lying to themselves

You already stuck ya foot in you're mouth once with the shit you said bout SFV.

You hit your quota, take a break.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,741
    edited July 23
    Sfiv revived competitive fighting games. Anyone who thinks otherwise DOESN'T ONLY PLAY CAPCPOM'S BULLSHIT ASS EXCUSES FOR FIGHTERS.

Fixed.

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,664
    Eskills wrote: »

Competitive fighting games were on a downtime before sfiv. Evo was a thing but it went from being a niche to almost being mainstream
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,741

Competitive fighting games were on a downtime before sfiv. Evo was a thing but it went from being a niche to almost being mainstream

Because Smash and forced e-sports bullshit contributed nothing.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Must be some kind of competition for dumb niggas saying dumb shit.

There were countless fighting games being played 2005-2008 competitively. SFiv didn't do shit for the genre unless you were a Capcom head.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,145
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Chiro wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Capcom tried making the game appeal to casuals, without providing what the casuals really want.

The result is a game that doesn't really appeal to anyone.

If it weren't for esports it'd be dead by now.

all Capcom really needs to appeal to casuals is a solid story mode and a bunch of single player modes. follow what nrs does honestly. im surprised they still haven't figured this out.

Doing that would require them to put a true effort into it and pour money into the project, something that is clear that they aren't willing to do, seeing how SFV has been handled so far, and how MvCI is shaping.

Which is why I think Capcom should license the Street Fighter property so that other, more talented development teams can actually make something coherent. I'm known as a prosf4, anti sfv person here. But the truth is, even SF4 was a step back, and what Capcom *intended* on making with SF4 was closer to what SFV ended up being (at least this is what my intuition tells me). Its just SF4 ended up being accidentally deep.

Get some team that was obsessed with ST and the Alpha games and make something fresh from that perspective.

so basically you're just pulling this out of your ass is what you're saying.

i guess we're retroactively shitting on the game that revived the fighting game genre now.

When you have chupacabra levels of shit taste.
    indigenous_01.jpg

this isn't about taste everyone knows ill take arcsystem over ANY street fighter game anytime of the day, but Street Fighter was THE fighting game for most. nobody really cared that much about Blazblue, KOF, or any other fighter besides the 3D moral kombats at the time until SF4 returned and got casuals back into fighters.
  • SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,184
    I'm about to start NG+ in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. Taking out Fume Knight and Sir Alonne were the last things I did. I'm going to make sure I didn't miss any spells or anything important before I NG+ but I think I've done just about everything. :tup:
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,292
    po pimpus wrote: »

Around the time of SF4? I don't think those things were a factor at that time.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited July 23

Melee was officially added to Evo line up 2007 and brawl came right after. :coffee:
    To add on to that, smash was big for Evo 07' - 09' then fell off and came back 2013.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,265

Melee was officially added to Evo line up 2007 and brawl came right after. :coffee:

Brawl was only in Evo for one year. Smash didn't make it back until 2015.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,140
    edited July 23
    Brawl was actually really fun to watch (I was at that Evo) because Evo was the only tourney to allow items.

Shit got bonkers.

Plus a 14 yr old rob player took it all.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

edited July 23
    Melee was the 8th spot for Evo 2013 and was the largest smash turnout that year.

Brawl sucked.
    Brawl was actually really fun to watch (I was at that Evo) because Evo was the only tourney to allow items.

Shit got bonkers.

That shit was hilarious.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Shit got bonkers.

That shit was hilarious.

That was by far the best Smash tourny ever, it was the only one I did not fall asleep watching. That Rob player was like fuck that I am using these items and the idiots who were following some dumbass code they made up got wrecked.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,281
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 23
    cheh,

So I'm getting more acquainted with Fortnite lately... not sure if they worked out the friend/party invite problem yet (*on day 1 there was a problem where people can play with ransoms but not friends for some odd reason; hilarious shit there...I'm not as mad about this as other fans are though; they're working on fixing that ASAP); I just played with some random folks a few times. Going solo in this game can be quite a problem considering how many enemies start swarming your home-base.... I forgot how many missions I've done at this point but the shootemup/slashemup (+setting traps) action is fun.

I'm really liking the current character I'm leveling since he has this cool quick-dash as a main ability (you can do 2 but then there is a short cool-down period before you can dash again; something like 8 to 10 seconds, I think---similar to how Tracer zips around in Overwatch...heh, they should go on and give him a 3rd dash like her)... I *think* he's an "Outlander" class type. The damage from my epic pistol (a "Founder's" bonus for pre-ordering the game) is quite nice for a character that's still new.... I've already leveled it and my character up several times. Running out of ammo and the materials to craft ammo is quite annoying while action is going on though, so recently I ditched the machine gun and now have a sword as my alternate weapon. Oh yeah, this game is already quite addicting for me.

Ah there's one of my clips from a recent mission -- http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PERFECT HATRED/video/34343102
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 712
    I just played Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R and have to ask how anyone could do 999 Levels of Survival Mode in one sitting? I made it to Level 629 with Holy Order Sol with a few intermissions inbetween and my inputs still turned to mush.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,597
    Kanko Bancho is a game where you initiate fights by grillin people so hard with your eyes that a fight is the only way to resolve this staring contest.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just played Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R and have to ask how anyone could do 999 Levels of Survival Mode in one sitting? I made it to Level 629 with Holy Order Sol with a few intermissions inbetween and my inputs still turned to mush.

Call in kazunoko or dogura to sub in for you when you need a break.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The HDD in my PS3 is toast I think. It got stuck in a file restore loop. I took that fucker out and put another, smaller, HDD in it. I guess its kind of good though. I really only use the PS3 to watch video on. Most of the games I had on it I have on my laptop now. So I just downloaded a few games. Since there aren't 30 or so games on that fucker I may actually choose one and play it. I will get a bigger HDD for it at some point but I'm not really in any hurry.

I aint really been playin' shit lately. I started a game of Dark Souls. I think I fucked with the wrong settings in the dsfix.ini and it caused that shit to crash. Didn't get to make it to a save point before the crash so I gotta create a character and shit again. I think I'm just gonna play Red Dead Redemption. I need to finish that game, I've had it since it came out however many years ago. I like it I just get side tracked and start playin' other shit.

I typed that shit up there like a week ago or something but I never clicked the post comment button.

Anyhow, I fucked with Dark Souls some more just to get it running. I had AA enabled in dsfix and in game. That made it crash so I just disabled the AA in game and it works fine now. I decided to wait on that one but when I do play it I'm just going to use the character that I created.

I started playing Red Dead Redemption again. I'm almost ready to go face that one dude at the fort again. I got to the Mexico area the last couple/few times I played. I did a few missions there each time and stopped playing soon after. I think I got bored at that point. I'll just power through this time though.

I'm also playing Metal Gear Rising on my laptop. I'm not a big fan of those kind of games but I'll just play through it. Someone said it takes about 6 hours so that's not long. Its fun. Nothing special so far...just fun. The camera is kinda wonky some times. I started to play this one when I first got it and I made it to where I'm at now - the sewer area...like the second level or some shit.

When I finish MGR I'm gonna play Dark Souls. I'll keep playing RDR too.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,184
    I'm still salty at that stupid-ass trophy glitch. I'm hearing if I get to NG+++ it *might* pop. If it doesn't, I'd have to get another character to NG++ and I can't see myself doing that again.

I only have like two bosses to go to NG+++ the game. I'm going to backup my save before I NG+++ while hoping for the best. :prayer:
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,640
    edited July 24
    angelpalm wrote: »
    JPEG_20170723_234123.jpg?width=832&height=468

Reminds me of PSO when the Japanese players would create their own custom comments using the icons to make messages, instead of the in-game translator.

The chat app is still balls. I remember thinking it was dumb that Sony started charging for an online fee, and Nintendo topped that many times over.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,260
    edited July 24
    Nintendo is only trying to think of the man-children!
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,140
    edited July 24
    speaking of nintendo, nintendo of japan has revealed what the samus amiibos will do in Samus Returns for the 3ds.

Scan the Smash Bros. Samus amiibo
    The Missile Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you missile supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the concept art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Zero Suit Samus amiibo
    The Energy Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after your health reaches zero
    Also unlocks the sound test after beating the game

Scan the Samus amiibo (Metroid series)
    The Aeon Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you aeon supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the Metroid II art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Metroid amiibo
    Gives you a Metroid Marker that you can use during gameplay to locate the nearest Metroid
    After beating the game, this amiibo unlocks the harder Fusion mode, which allows you to use the Fusion Suit

nothing too major outside of scanning the actual metroid amiibo unlocks hardmode.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,640
    Nintendo is only trying to think of the man-children!

What's hilarious about this is they already have a parental app that lets you monitor a kids playtime which is super detailed.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,082
    speaking of nintendo, nintendo of japan has revealed what the samus amiibos will do in Samus Returns for the 3ds.

Scan the Smash Bros. Samus amiibo
    The Missile Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you missile supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the concept art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Zero Suit Samus amiibo
    The Energy Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after your health reaches zero
    Also unlocks the sound test after beating the game

Scan the Samus amiibo (Metroid series)
    The Aeon Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you aeon supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the Metroid II art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Metroid amiibo
    Gives you a Metroid Marker that you can use during gameplay to locate the nearest Metroid
    After beating the game, this amiibo unlocks the harder Fusion mode, which allows you to use the Fusion Suit

nothing too major outside of scanning the actual metroid amiibo unlocks hardmode.

Are Amiibos the only way to get these things? Are we locking fucking SOUND TEST behind paywalls now?

Not just a paywall- you have to buy a stupid fucking doll in order to access the content.
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Let's end this Joined: Posts: 16,357
    Sound test unlockable? Really? What's next? Brightness settings?
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."