Video Game General 5.0: This thread is the MOST ULTIMATE THREAD!!! Other threads are sexist!!

Comments

• ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,398
    Don't really care much for trophies. I did want to plat BB though and the only thing that prevented me from doing so was whatever chalice dungeon thingy you had to do.
    I really didn't like chalice dungeon.
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,933
    edited July 24
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    speaking of nintendo, nintendo of japan has revealed what the samus amiibos will do in Samus Returns for the 3ds.

Scan the Smash Bros. Samus amiibo
    The Missile Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you missile supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the concept art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Zero Suit Samus amiibo
    The Energy Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after your health reaches zero
    Also unlocks the sound test after beating the game

Scan the Samus amiibo (Metroid series)
    The Aeon Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you aeon supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the Metroid II art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Metroid amiibo
    Gives you a Metroid Marker that you can use during gameplay to locate the nearest Metroid
    After beating the game, this amiibo unlocks the harder Fusion mode, which allows you to use the Fusion Suit

nothing too major outside of scanning the actual metroid amiibo unlocks hardmode.

Are Amiibos the only way to get these things? Are we locking fucking SOUND TEST behind paywalls now?

Right now it's not clear whether the amiibo just unlocks things early or not.

nintendo japan specifically said the unlocks are post beating the game only if you use the amiibo.

so....

its nintendo being suuuuper fucking stupid.

Words cant express the dissappointment right now...

Yeah post with literal translation
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=244335120
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,398
    HELL YEAH NINTENDO NINTENDO AMIIBO AMIIBO PEW PEW NO I MEAn COINSOND COINSOUND !!! HELL YEAH !!!!!
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,149
    speaking of nintendo, nintendo of japan has revealed what the samus amiibos will do in Samus Returns for the 3ds.

Scan the Smash Bros. Samus amiibo
    The Missile Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you missile supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the concept art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Zero Suit Samus amiibo
    The Energy Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after your health reaches zero
    Also unlocks the sound test after beating the game

Scan the Samus amiibo (Metroid series)
    The Aeon Reserve Tank will be available, and activated after you aeon supply reaches zero.
    Also unlocks the Metroid II art gallery after beating the game.

Scan the Metroid amiibo
    Gives you a Metroid Marker that you can use during gameplay to locate the nearest Metroid
    After beating the game, this amiibo unlocks the harder Fusion mode, which allows you to use the Fusion Suit

nothing too major outside of scanning the actual metroid amiibo unlocks hardmode.

Are Amiibos the only way to get these things? Are we locking fucking SOUND TEST behind paywalls now?

Right now it's not clear whether the amiibo just unlocks things early or not.

nintendo japan specifically said the unlocks are post beating the game only if you use the amiibo.

so....

its nintendo being suuuuper fucking stupid.

Words cant express the dissappointment right now...

Yeah post with literal translation
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=244335120
    yeah. its extremely stupid.
    ExposedD wrote: »
    HELL YEAH NINTENDO NINTENDO AMIIBO AMIIBO PEW PEW NO I MEAn COINSOND COINSOUND !!! HELL YEAH !!!!!

no one is defending nintendo for locking shit like image galleries, sound checks and hard mode behind paywalls. nintendo is in the wrong on this.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,780
    I assume it's a sound test as in being able to listen to the games soundtrack/sfx, not sound settings.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,661
    edited July 24
    I hope they make games that don't function at all unless you have amiibo :bow:

Edit: when Metroid fans thought it couldn't get worse than Federation Force, lol.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Enigmatic Gale Joined: Posts: 3,237
    no one is defending nintendo for locking shit like image galleries, sound checks and hard mode behind paywalls. nintendo is in the wrong on this.

Well you fuckers keep enabling them by buying the damn things, so...
    Prove your justice to society.

i buy them for collecting purposes. i dont buy them for the content they unlock.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,611
    edited July 24
    Haha yea all my Amiibo are for the figures, I don't even own a Nintendo Console they would work on.

Need to get the Bayonettas and the Clouds.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    I've kind of just been collecting them...I want to open up the amiibos I have to use but don't wanna take them out of the box. Haven't gone through the hoops necessary to keep in the package and still use em.

i buy them for collecting purposes. i dont buy them for the content they unlock.

Does that matter? Your personal reasons for purchase don't change the fact that the Amiibo is bought regardless. And as long as they're bought and continue to be popular, Nintendo will continue to tie increasingly anti consumer DLC to them.
    edited July 24

Does that matter? Your personal reasons for purchase don't change the fact that the Amiibo is bought regardless. And as long as they're bought and continue to be popular, Nintendo will continue to tie increasingly anti consumer DLC to them.

meh.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,195
    I did some level grinding in BB on those giant pig enemies to get back into the swing of things. Not too long after I went to an area I never been to before - the Upper Cathedral Ward. I had to get some key from another area of the game to even be able to access it but man, the atmosphere is off the charts. The background music is eerie as hell too. I cleared it pretty quick and rekt the two bosses there and in that time it became one of my favorite and most memorable areas in the entire game.

I'm going to take a break for a bit, then I'll be going for the "true" ending of the game. :tup:
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,363

Some of us only get them to just be figures.

Haha yea all my Amiibo are for the figures, I don't even own a Nintendo Console they would work on.

Perhaps. But that doesn't change that their primary function is to unlock stuff on games and that in many ocassions they are the only way to get those stuff.
    It doesn't help that they are made in limmited quantities.
    Lets not pretend that because you buy them to collect them changes the fact that nintendo is dropping the ball here.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,909
    Wait, so you guys want the people who buy them as figurines to stop, to help everyone else with a Nintendo console.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Yea we know Hecatom, we just don't give a shit.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Wait, so you guys want the people who buy them as figurines to stop, to help everyone else with a Nintendo console.

I don't.
    I just think that is hillarious that they downplay the problem by stating their personal reasons for buying them.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    If anything people just need to give Nintendo feedback about how they feel they've crossed the line on this. They do listen if enough people reach them.
    edited July 25

I know you don't give a shit, NOW.
    Just telling you that I am gonna laugh when it starts bothering you because they fucked over on something that you actually like and care.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,387
    edited July 25
    Hey people can spend their money on what ever they want.

If someone wants to buy Amiibo for what ever the reason, who the fuck cares.
    Its their money. I don't care if someone here just buys dozens of Amiibos just to crush them with a steam roller they rented, grind them all into a fine paste and snort it.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,823
    edited July 25
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »

I don't.
    I just think that is hillarious that they downplay the problem by stating their personal reasons for buying them.

Not exactly. I only get 'em to be figures, I don't get the ones that are required for big game unlocks (Wolf Link being the only exception since that was bundled with Twilight Princess HD). IE I have most of the Smash Bros ones 'cause they're the ones that have an in-game function rather than serving purely as an unlock key. Something that seems to have been forgotten since their inception.

I'll never buy any of the Metroid amiibos now if this situation is as bad as it sounds. Likewise I'll cancel my Mipha and Revali pre-orders if they serve as an extra DLC pack for BotW on top of the expansion pass.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Strider
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    edited July 25

Some of us only get them to just be figures.

Lets not pretend that because you buy them to collect them changes the fact that nintendo is dropping the ball here.

i'm not. most of the amiibo functionalities are really bad and should be freebees, unlockables or purchasable dlc.
    the sound test, image gallery and hard more as unlocks is completely insane, wrong and just stupid.

its not going to make me stop buying them though. I buy them as a collector not as a user. I have all 135 released so far and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

edited July 25
    If anything people just need to give Nintendo feedback about how they feel they've crossed the line on this. They do listen if enough people reach them.

There are times where your optimism goes too far, SH. Nintendo is a publicly-traded company, and at the end of the line, what matters most is making money and pleasing shareholders. If people are still willing to buy Amiibo despite all of the BS surrounding them, then why change things up?

And I mean Amiibo were already scummy from the start, but frankly I think the line was already crossed back with Breath of the Wild.

Just telling you that I am gonna laugh when it starts bothering you because they fucked over on something that you actually like and care.
    I doubt I ever will because I've gone plenty of time ignoring DLC I dont care about, and buying DLC I do. So yea. I can live without fucking Sound Test when the god damn internet exists. OST will be ripped in like 2 days, fuck a Sound Test.
    I got a Mega Man Amiibo as a gift way back and a Samus Amiibo for reasons

I doubt I ever will because I've gone plenty of time ignoring DLC I dont care about, and buying DLC I do. So yea. I can live without fucking Sound Test when the god damn internet exists. OST will be ripped in like 2 days, fuck a Sound Test.

The sound test is typical amiibo bullshit. The real kicker is them making a Hard Mode paid DLC (again!), enticing people to buy it by tying it to one of the most popular costumes in the franchise, and then attaching it to the newest--and what will likely be the rarest--Amiibo in the line.

The sound test is typical amiibo bullshit. The real kicker is them making a Hard Mode paid DLC (again!), enticing people to buy it by tying it to one of the most popular costumes in the franchise, and then attaching it to the newest--and what will likely be the rarest--Amiibo in the line.

metroid amiibo comes in a 2 pack.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

metroid amiibo comes in a 2 pack.

So it's also more expensive to purchase than normal Amiibo. Things just keep getting better and better!

Yea Hard Mode is kinda lame but whatever. Nintendo missed the boat on this remake earlier this year anyway imo.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,661
    Megaman and Bayonetta amiibo forever GDLK. Stay hatin' :coffee:
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    edited July 25
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Hey people can spend their money on what ever they want.
    Unless it's a NES Classic Mini at four times the original price.
    Fixed it for you
    But really at that point you are just a fool who easily separated from their money.
    It is like $250 or more now for that Shit, its cheaper to get the real thing.

Another product for fools, The Atari Box. An Atari branded Ouya done by people who are 12 degrees separated from Nolan Bushwell
    The Original Atari Company is dead long long ago

• Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,103
    NRS is doing a stream tomorrow for the first balance patch to Injustice 2. Two months after being released.

Good on them to finally understand they don't need to have kneejerk reactions to everything. People bitched for days about Deadshot, but now you don't even see him online anymore.
    NRS is doing a stream tomorrow for the first balance patch to Injustice 2. Two months after being released.

Good on them to finally understand they don't need to have kneejerk reactions to everything. People bitched for days about Deadshot, but now you don't even see him online anymore.

2 months after release is still a little too early imo.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    After seeing the Geese reveal, I took the plunge and copped tekken 7 with the season pass. My injustice game is gonna have to slow down as I get back up to speed. I haven't played tekken since 5 DR.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Haven't put my spare time in on 2 fighting games in a long time.
    edited July 25
    As shit as At Games are, this looks interesting

http://www.atgames.net/resources/assets/pdf/2017-Atari-Flashback-Gold.pdf
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/10/atari-flashback-8-gold-console-includes-120-atari-2600-games

that list of 120 games is about 80 to 90% of all the worth wild to play Atari 2600 games. Real 9 pin connectors, so break out your original Atari Joysticks and paddle controllers (you could get them drit cheap at a flee market or retro game store) or just get a 3 Button Sega Genesis controller. I don't care about color and sound accuracy on Atari 2600 as the Atari 2600 was never known for graphics or sound.
    As long as the input latency is not dog shit (like the NES Classic and At Games Genesis) then we have a Winner.

I am actually glad Pac-Man is missing from that list, the Atari 2600 version of Pac-man is awful, even for late 70's early 80's standards. The version of Pac-Man that ran on computers of the era that used text instead of sprites ran better than that garbage.