Video Game General 5.0: Gamescom 2017 8/22-8/26, M$ conference 8/20 @ 12 pm PT

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,416
    Damn shame. I was hoping to see something on the new Shin Megami Tensei since Sega is never going to do anything with Jet Set Radio or Virtua Fighter.

Sega lets so much of their old IP collect dust as they beat on the dead horse that is the Sonic franchise.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,833
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Damn shame. I was hoping to see something on the new Shin Megami Tensei since Sega is never going to do anything with Jet Set Radio or Virtua Fighter.

Sega lets so much of their old IP collect dust as they beat on the dead horse that is the Sonic franchise.

Could be worse.

They could be Capcpom.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,647
    edited June 9

The announced games are what they will have on the show floor. News on the new Shin Megami Tensei will likely come from Nintendo's direct.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    po pimpus wrote: »

Could be worse.

They could be Capcpom.

Capcom isn't even a concern for me any more.
    The real fucking shysters is Intel, holds the entire industry behind in innovation for almost 8 years. Each year new skus have at best marginal improvements that only got smaller every year.
    The Capcom didn't get investigated by the US Dept of Justice and it's EU counterparts and got fined billions, Intel did.
    And now that AMD is giving them a run for their money with Ryzen and Thread Ripper Intel brings out this Krabbylake X/ X299 bullshit that is a downgrade from their previous years offerings.

• XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,745

Why would you expect to see new Persona stuff if the most recent one came out like two months ago?
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Could be worse.

They could be Capcpom.

The real fucking shysters is Intel, holds the entire industry behind in innovation for almost 8 years. Each year new skus have at best marginal improvements that only got smaller every year.
    The Capcom didn't get investigated by the US Dept of Justice and it's EU counterparts and got fined billions, Intel did.
    And now that AMD is giving them a run for their money with Ryzen and Thread Ripper Intel brings out this Krabbylake X/ X299 bullshit that is a downgrade from their previous years offerings.

Exactly. This is why we haven't seen a reasonably priced octo core intel chip for YEARS. And look how long AMD's had one. Seriously should I just switch to say Ryzen X1800 for a good octo core? It's got to be better than my 6700k intel by now. Intel -has- octo core processors but there always around $1,000 each.

And capcom is just barely hanging on at this point. Does SFV even get made if sony doesn't help them out? Kinda shocked they had the fund for Resident Evil 7 at this point.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,583

Why would you expect to see new Persona stuff if the most recent one came out like two months ago?

Might be talking about the Shin Megami Tensei project coming to the Switch.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,005
    edited June 9
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Sooo apparently a dbz fighter got announced for ps4 and xbone. Gonna be 2.5d with 3v3? Deved by arc sys
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1388137

Google translate
    https://agd.s-ul.eu/fVlS5ih3

YOOOOOOOOO

this is gonna be better than Marvel vs Capcom lmao

But on a serious note I've been waiting for a game like this since Burst Limit on PS3
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,106
    2017-06-0914_47_34-jpwqu8p.png

...please? Pretty please?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited June 9
    Gaming has already been saved. Nothing they announce at E3 will hold a candle to these two coming back

gaming_is_saved_by_tokotiger-dbc0sao.jpg
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

Well I mean come on, Shaq is Shaq. We don't need to discuss the Messiah, we just know he exists. :coffee:
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,674
    edited June 9
    Wow is that Bubsy? It's coming back? I won a Sega Genesis because of that game.

EDIT:

Just watched the trailer. Definitely looks like a budget title. If it's like $15 or so I'd snag it.
    edited June 9
    Tien Gouki wrote: »

Could be worse.

They could be Capcpom.

Exactly. This is why we haven't seen a reasonably priced octo core intel chip for YEARS. And look how long AMD's had one. Seriously should I just switch to say Ryzen X1800 for a good octo core? It's got to be better than my 6700k intel by now. Intel -has- octo core processors but there always around $1,000 each.

And capcom is just barely hanging on at this point. Does SFV even get made if sony doesn't help them out? Kinda shocked they had the fund for Resident Evil 7 at this point.

Hell you can get the Ryzen 1700 or Ryzen 1700 X. 8 Cores, 16 threads.
    The Intel 7700K might still edge out in single core performances but craps out if you want to run lets say OSB studio for screen capture/streams along side game plays of Doom, Counter Strike, Ashes of the Singularity or what ever high end PC game you want to run. Ryzen 7 lets you run your game and OSB studio at the same time without performance lost.

I not going to go into why some of the top system builders hate the new Intel i9.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Sooo apparently a dbz fighter got announced for ps4 and xbone. Gonna be 2.5d with 3v3? Deved by arc sys

Google translate

YOOOOOOOOO

But on a serious note I've been waiting for a game like this since Burst Limit on PS3

LMAO @ a DBZ game being better than Mahvel.

Google translate

YOOOOOOOOO

Mahvel infinite is gonna be garbage though
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited June 9
    Halo gravemind rumor 'fake news'
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/09/halo-gravemind-leak-is-fake-news-says-343-exec

Dunno if you should be using 'fake news' if it really isnt real considering the connotation that comes with it.

Kingdom come deliverance delayed
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/09/kingdom-come-deliverance-delayed-again

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,089

Because they announced a new SMT game for the Switch a little while back? Persona is not the only series to fall under the SMT banner.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,184
    edited June 9

Google translate

YOOOOOOOOO

Mahvel infinite is gonna be garbage though

You could take a shit and hit it with a hammer a few times and it would be a better game than MVCI
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 661
    I always thought of the Persona series as a cringey/campy spin-off. However, Persona 2: Innocent Sin's occult themes with Nazis felt relatively compelling and Persona 4 reminded me of Scooby Doo, so I enjoyed them despite them being part of the series. Otherwise, I have despised every other release. Loved Nocturne to death though.

Dragon Ball Fighters looks hella promising!
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

It came out in Japan last Sept. It's not entirely unreasonable, though I would think it more likely we'd see something new at TGS first rather than E3, if anything
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,189
    We gonna get Persona 5 Arena.

Minato still dead.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Looks like star wars battlefront 2 is getting a beta for preorders
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/10/star-wars-battlefront-2-multiplayer-beta-announced
    I'm going to be at work during the EA conference unfortunately so I won't be able to give updates on what's going on just as a heads up.
    Oh yeah aaand apparently GI is gonna have Assassin's Creed Origin's on the cover so...there's that
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388529

Really need to see some gameplay footage of Dragon Ball Fighters cause this game has way too much potential at the moment imo. I'm also interested that if the game does play the way how people who have been begging for something like this for years wanted then are people actually going to get off their ass and support the game or is it just gonna go the way of Super DBZ? If this game is everything that it needs to be and it doesn't make the sales then that's pretty much it more than likely. No more trying to make DBZ into a traditional fighter.
    PS2 era Battlefront games were better
    :coffee:
    PS2 era Battlefront games were better
    :coffee:

Okay...everyone agrees on this already though...
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,535
    edited June 10
    Some of this is still rumors so take it with a grain of salt but apparently Nintendo's E3 direct is going to be a lot different this year. Reasons why are below.
    1. This year's direct will only be 25 minutes long.
    2. Will only focus on Switch titles. 3DS announcements will be made on the Treehouse Livestream.
    3. Will only focus on titles releasing this year.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 10
    Will only focus on Switch titles. 3DS announcements will be made on the Treehouse Livestream.
    Well at least this is the good news. I don't give a crumb of a shit about whatever is going on in the near future for 3DS....never cared for that system anyway; it's Switch time now, folks. I'd prefer Nintendo focus on the real deal there.
    I hope that's not true. We won't get any info on the new Shin Megami Tensei if that's the case.
    Seriously it be in Nintendo's best interest to focus only on the Switch.
    I'm honestly surprised their latest Direct was only aimed at 3DS mostly, cuz nobody cares about Pokken anyway
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

edited June 10

Google translate

YOOOOOOOOO

You're a rat on a sinking ship, buddy.

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,535
    Best case scenario is they make the direct a sprint and spam back to back trailers and gameplay videos of a bunch of upcoming titles and save the in depth talk about them to the Treehouse along with additional reveals.
    Because of Nintendo's style though I expect them to have middle aged Japanese men explaining their titles in detail and they only end up showing like three games as a result
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,384
    Dayum... BloodStained just keeps getting better whenever they release new info. Good stuff Igarashi :tup:

=============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

I'm honestly surprised their latest Direct was only aimed at 3DS mostly, cuz nobody cares about Pokken anyway
    (Sarcastically of course)
    The fuck is Pokken?

But seriously if it isn't being ported over to or getting a sequel to the Switch, I don't care.

Most likely the latest Direct being all about the 3DS is that Nintendo has not let that 3DS ship sail yet.
    E3 is a different beast, and Nintendo don't have time to pussy foot with the handheld, The Switch is supposed to compete with the PS4, PC and the no games box by Microsoft.
    The fuck is Pokken?

But seriously if it isn't being ported over to or getting a sequel to the Switch, I don't care.

Yes, they had a direct on monday that was all about that.

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,917
    edited June 10
    Pokken on the switch will be sweat. You could tell from the Direct trailer that they changed a lot of the glaring issues Pokken Wii U had.

I doubt I'll get it though. Pokken was fun but I'm not willing to pay $60 for it again just for 5 new characters. Same thing goes for Sm4sh getting a Switch port. As excited as I'll be I won't pay $60 for it again.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    y'all ready for OUYA VR ?
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    The fuck is Pokken?

Yes, they had a direct on monday that was all about that.
    Still don't care.

I am not paying $60 for Tekken cosplaying as Pokemon, I rather just get Tekken 7.
    Pokken was fun but I'm not willing to pay $60 for it again just for 5 new characters.
    Exactly
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    EA

Starting time: San Francisco: 12PM / New York: 3PM / London: 8PM / Moscow: 10PM / Beijing: 3AM (June 11th) / Tokyo: 4AM (June 11th) / Sydney: 5AM (June 11th)

https://discord.gg/0wgQMvIIi1nma5Uf

Calling Pokken Tekken just proves you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

And anyone that bought Mario Kart 8 again has no room to complain about other Wii U ports.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Calling Pokken Tekken just proves you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
    And anyone that bought Mario Kart 8 again has no room to complain about other Wii U ports.
    Dude is so Tekken that Tekken is piratically in the name
    4542094-2465613094-Shake.gif
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,184
    Pokken at tournaments is the worst. 292&527292637 years to finish a small back
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,933
    Red Dead please.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017