Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE...for a price!

Comments

• Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad Skill Joined: Posts: 7,462
    You know a game is tight when Crowbcat of all people gives it props.

This looks absolutely incredible. This is what VR was made for. I pray it comes to Playstation VR
  • SonicabidSonicabid You're a disease, and I'm the cure. Joined: Posts: 12,501
    I'm glad I pre-ordered Secret of Mana a while back because now if you go to the EB website the title is listed as "out of stock" and the game isn't even out yet. I guess SE was serious about it being a really limited print run.

In other news I've been playing a lot of Killzone: Mercenary on the Vita lately. Arguably the best FPS handheld game of all time, made specifically for the system. I got all of the online trophies and ended up beating the game on its hardest difficulty too because goddamn is the game fun. I'd say it has the best graphics on the system too, Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted can't hang imo.

I axed Wolfenstein: TNO( @Dangerous J HAVE YOU PLAYED THESE GAMES YET?) on the hardest difficulty recently and am slowly going through the chapters for all of the collectibles. I'll either be playing Wolf today, Killing Floor 2 or Rocket League. :tup:
    Yakuza 6 day juan.
    Yeah Killzone Merc was incredible for a handheld. It even had a great online multiplayer. Plus didn't the OG Vita have it's own internet you could pay for? Iirc you could play online from anywhere if you bought the subscription. Definitely makes it best handheld FPS.

Only whack part (albeit a huge whack part) was that multiplayer bots were paid dlc. That's just fucking nuts.
    Po Pimpus got banned again. It might be permanent this time too. Who wants to take bets on when he will make an alt to start shitposting again ALA FaceMe --> RudeAwakening? Two months? :lol:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/profile/po pimpus
    Yeah Killzone Merc was incredible for a handheld. It even had a great online multiplayer. Plus didn't the OG Vita have it's own internet you could pay for? Iirc you could play online from anywhere if you bought the subscription. Definitely makes it best handheld FPS.

Only whack part (albeit a huge whack part) was that multiplayer bots were paid dlc. That's just fucking nuts.

The multiplayer is pretty fun but it does have some connectivity issues. I also hate that 8 players is the player cap. They should have had atleast had 12-16. KZ2 had 32 players in MP, KZ3 did as well IIRC but then the PS4 Killzone game had a 24 player-cap. They went backwards. :lol:

Yeah, bots being DLC was dumb but to be honest..I'd probably never use the feature. I was thinking about DOOM on GBA, and the DOOM/Wolf games on the Switch for "best handheld FPS" but those games are all downgraded ports instead of being unique experiences made specifically for the system.

These games are supposed to be pretty awesome handheld FPS games. I will play my copies someday:
    sd47952-coded-arms-sony-playstation-psp-video-game-complete.jpegCoded_Arms_Contagion_boxart.jpg

Yakuza 6 day juan.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,102
    He did
  • AkhosAkhos Joined: Posts: 23,411
    I don't feel like that warranted a ban for him this time (he only posted once) but I'm not a mod so meh

Not like I'm complaining either way
    Coded Arms! That game was the shit when I first got my PSP. Man I loved that game, used to play on the way to and from highschool daily my freshman year.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 5,064
    Weird that Po got banned even though was given a warning to calm down and didn't post any after that.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,388
    Akhos wrote: »
    I don't feel like that warranted a ban for him this time (he only posted once) but I'm not a mod so meh

He was already warned from his last ban. He didn't heed the warning and continue to attack the player base. He's too stupid for his own good.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,616
    Damn, didn't know you could be banned for failing to pay proper respect to the dead. :coffee:
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Po got banned again huh?
    Maybe this time he’ll stay gone.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,122
    Po got banned again huh?
    Maybe this time he’ll stay gone.

So when Marvel?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,587
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 12,129
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,525
    He went into the MvC:I forum again didn't he

He did

DAMNIT Po.

DBFZ: 18, Hit, Gohan
    Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Akuma
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,753

CDB2 wrote: »
    He went into the MvC:I forum again didn't he

He did

DAMNIT Po.

You know a post by CDB2 is actually serious when it doesn't involve 785 exclamation points. :wow:
    Yakuza 6 day juan.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,388
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Warlock Joined: Posts: 7,679
    wtf is with blankas story costume. :lol:

His story synopsis from Capcom:

In SFV: AE, Blanka is living peacefully with his mother, and has adapted well to being introduced back into society. One day, a suspicious salesman approaches him and offers a way to make Blanka famous by mass producing a doll made in Blanka’s likeness. Will it work? Find out in his character story mode!

And that pertains to Blanka beating the shit out of people how? Like, I know he's only in the game because he's Ono's totem/bedroom motif/dakimakura, but...
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

"kurt slipped up and said the word wrestler. oops"
    --Stuart "Stu-Booty" Hayden
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,550
    Lol, po had to go kick the damn hornet nest again. How long is he out this time?
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,122
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Lol, po had to go kick the damn hornet nest again. How long is he out this time?

Hopefully its for good this time.

@po pimpus

Let us Recap Poop Pimpleus greatest moments
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,171
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    I've gotten Best Buy to price match Amazon a bunch of times. I just show them my phone with Amazon's price and BAM! I'm paying the same price. That's why BB has managed to stay competitive in a world full of online markets. I buy almost all my physical games from BB, have the Gamers Unlocked membership, and I'm an Elite Plus member. They've never denied me a price match on anything, whether it be video games or other retail. In fact, whenever Best Buy has a sale on something, almost always you'll see the same sale on Amazon.

But I thought Azure had the facts.... Interesting

giphy.gif

He said they don't price match non advertised bargain bin. Which is 100% true. How are they going to price match something that isn't advertised? And they don't even price match clearance products either which is bargain bin

Lol... I know what the policy is and I know how shit works.

As long as you can prove something is sold by a competitor at a certain price at the time you're requesting the match, it will be matched. If you can't bring it up on your phone to show it's that price, it's not a price match, it's you saying "I want this item for this price." If something is "non-advertised," you don't know about it unless you walk into the store or someone tells you. At that point, why aren't you just buying it from that store? I've seen a loooot of crazy price matches happen. It all comes down to whether or not you have a strong enough argument and manager discretion. The only price matches you're a 100% guaranteed not to get are ones that involve third parties or if the items have different model numbers.

I love customers like y'all. Always trying to tell associates how their job works. Reminds me of the one guy who swore he had an Apple tablet that didn't use Lightning or 30-pin connectors or this lady who thought Wal-Mart and Best Buy shared inventory.

Nevermind all that other bs you're saying. We chose not to buy it from the other store because we are reward members. Now I KNOW you understand what that means. Or we have gift card credit to burn.
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,587
    edited February 12
    Fear Effect Sedna launches on March 6th
    https://gematsu.com/2018/02/fear-effect-sedna-launches-march-6

Splatoon 2 getting kind of a rerelease as a Starter Edition
    https://gematsu.com/2018/02/splatoon-2-starter-edition-launches-march-16-north-america

Think of it as like the Explorer's Edition for BotW

Fear Effect Sedna - Release Date Trailer
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,574

He was already warned from his last ban. He didn't heed the warning and continue to attack the player base. He's too stupid for his own good.

Does that guarantee a ban?! That's stupid

I wouldn't go to those forums to much though, last time I posted in the sfvthread they down voted my post to death, it's a place full of bitch made 09ers
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,947
    edited February 13
    I've gotten Best Buy to price match Amazon a bunch of times. I just show them my phone with Amazon's price and BAM! I'm paying the same price. That's why BB has managed to stay competitive in a world full of online markets. I buy almost all my physical games from BB, have the Gamers Unlocked membership, and I'm an Elite Plus member. They've never denied me a price match on anything, whether it be video games or other retail. In fact, whenever Best Buy has a sale on something, almost always you'll see the same sale on Amazon.

giphy.gif

He said they don't price match non advertised bargain bin. Which is 100% true. How are they going to price match something that isn't advertised? And they don't even price match clearance products either which is bargain bin

As long as you can prove something is sold by a competitor at a certain price at the time you're requesting the match, it will be matched. If you can't bring it up on your phone to show it's that price, it's not a price match, it's you saying "I want this item for this price." If something is "non-advertised," you don't know about it unless you walk into the store or someone tells you. At that point, why aren't you just buying it from that store? I've seen a loooot of crazy price matches happen. It all comes down to whether or not you have a strong enough argument and manager discretion. The only price matches you're a 100% guaranteed not to get are ones that involve third parties or if the items have different model numbers.

I love customers like y'all. Always trying to tell associates how their job works. Reminds me of the one guy who swore he had an Apple tablet that didn't use Lightning or 30-pin connectors or this lady who thought Wal-Mart and Best Buy shared inventory.

Nevermind all that other bs you're saying. We chose not to buy it from the other store because we are reward members. Now I KNOW you understand what that means. Or we have gift card credit to burn.

Lol... BS. Ok. I'm not gonna keep arguing with you. You're a customer, not an associate. Stay in your lane.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 9,150
    Them's Fightin' Herds is finally getting released soon.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,550
    purbeast wrote: »
    Jesus for as much as you all hate and cry about @po pimpus you sure are on dudes dick and love to talk about him.

But it's the internet, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I don't ever hate on po. He's one of my favorite dudes here.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018

This looks absolutely incredible. This is what VR was made for. I pray it comes to Playstation VR

Wtf this shit comes out tomorrow!! Oh fuck yeah I'm ready for that nausea baby
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 5,134

Wtf this shit comes out tomorrow!! Oh fuck yeah I'm ready for that nausea baby

That boxing game comes out tomorrow too. Both of them have gotten pretty well received.

I probably won't get either right now unless they are like $10 or $15, since I have a backlog of stuff, but Moss also comes out in like 2 weeks at the latest and that is going to be a day 1 purchase and play through from me. I can't wait for that game. Probably my most anticipated game of 2018 right now.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,171

giphy.gif

Lol... BS. Ok. I'm not gonna keep arguing with you. You're a customer, not an associate. Stay in your lane.

You really think that's bs as to why someone would want to buy at best buy over competition? Lol. Same for Amazon.
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,947

giphy.gif

You really think that's bs as to why someone would want to buy at best buy over competition? Lol. Same for Amazon.

No, I'm laughing at you calling what I explained BS. I should've put it in quotations.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,533
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Fear Effect Sedna - Release Date Trailer

At 0:25
    People who played Fear Effect remember this character, Deke?
    He dun lost weight, lol.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    A new Fear Effect game is crazy. It's an isometric shooter too? NIZE.

My first two games of Rocket League online:

giphy.gif

After I became accustomed to the mechanics a bit more:
    cristiano-ronaldo-goal-against-galatasaray-3.gif?w=1000
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!
    Yakuza 6 day juan.
  • blueleonblueleon 2018 President Evil Joined: Posts: 2,318

Bruh I could go on for days about the bullshit I witness... This is how the conversation went:
    Customer: Do you have this item? *Pulls out printout of Wal-Mart item*
    Me: No, we don't sell that here.
    Customer: Why not? It's right here.
    Me: *Looks at paper* Oh, that's for Wal-Mart, not Best Buy.
    Customer: So? If they sell it, why don't you?
    Me: Umm... That's not how it works.
    Customer: No, that is how it works.
    Me: Lol... Ok. That section is that way. Go see if you find it then.
    Wth? Make a move of going to the stock storage unit. Pretend at least you're looking.
    Him and the lady get to talking, and with the utmost confidence, this dude ( in a suttle way ) suggest they get a room. And gives her a pat on the ass. + And her friends were even impressed by him, and they ended up leaving together - BB_Hoody
    dab00g wrote: »
    Just wearing some high school thug clothes because i did not do laundry
    Lol i look like a hoodlum
    "When I'm on the clock, my opinion is all that matters."=Phantom Angel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file