Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE!!!

Comments

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,545
    edited December 2017
    Edit: wtf?! I thought he kicked the boyfriend out of the house... thumps down
    Post edited by rukawa_kaede on
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge No Ningens Allowed Joined: Posts: 16,582
    Hecatom wrote: »
    gg-2.png
    No joke, the actual confirmation that Ky has been banging Sol's daughter and Sol is Ky's father in law is both disturbing and hilarious.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,694
    FFXV fans...

EPISODE IGNIS !

That is all.

• GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DANZAN wrote: »
    FFXV fans...

EPISODE IGNIS !

That is all.

Is it good? I was waiting to play FFXV again until all the DLC and patches were out
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,694
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    FFXV fans...

EPISODE IGNIS !

That is all.

Is it good? I was waiting to play FFXV again until all the DLC and patches were out

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad Skill Joined: Posts: 7,403
    I haven't played any of the character episodes yet. Do they unlock anything for the main game or are they just for the story?
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I haven't played any of the character episodes yet. Do they unlock anything for the main game or are they just for the story?

They can unlock some outfits and stuff I think, but I don't think there's much else. Unrelaed to those though, a patch came out recently that lets you manually switch control to the other guys during battle only
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,478
    Yasunora Matsuda is doing the soundtrack for episode ignis

talking about soundtrack I was thinking they should bring back mid 90s fighting game music and here comes fighting layer
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,154
    @Iduno
    Have you played Blue Reflection? I'm a fan of the Atelier games and want to know if it's as good as those. From what I seen of the game it's hugely a shoujo with some RPG thrown in.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,420
    Videogamedunkey - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Vid almost spoils something I think but doesn't go far enough in the cutscene. Haven't seen the guy with glasses yet though.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,986
    Jesus Christ at XC2, lol. Think I'll stick with X.

"It's like Pokemon but you collect girls".
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 23,039
    Femto wrote: »

Don't listen to him. XC2 is great. Get it.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,751

Not playing that game when you have the means is doing yourself a disservice.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective

Not every blade is female.
    High Enough

• SonicabidSonicabid Jim Hussein Carrey Joined: Posts: 12,402
    “I’ve been playing Guilty Gear since the first game in the series [released in 1998]. No way I was going to get beat by a junior high school kid.” -buppa_stone

This is how I think when I play against people in fighting games.

"Pad warrior since '93. No way I'm going to lose to some random scrub whose first fightang game was SFIV." :cool:

I wanted to post a video by oldschool SF2 player Jeff Schaeffer and his mentality towards not only FG's, but games and life in general. Sadly, they all seem to have been taken down on Youtube. Those videos stepped my game up and are to this day, some of the best videos I've ever seen on Youtube. I searched around a bit and even found this by Aris:

"Though I don't always agree with everything he says, I personally think Jeff Schaefer is one of the smartest and most inspirational speakers in the fighting game community. All his videos are worth checking out if you are interested in mentally improving your game." -Aris

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2011/2/21/street-fighter-legend-jeff-schaefer-on-the-human-potential.html

If any of you guys have seen the videos I'm talking about, you know you witnessed greatness. It's too bad they're not around anymore. @LAAkuma :sad:
    Holy fuck FUCK THIS FUCKING GUN BOSS WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK MADE THEM THINK THIS FUCKING SHOTTY FUCKING BOSS WOULD BE ANY GODDAMN FUN. WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL?! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN FUCKING DESIGN THIS BULLSHIT.

I SERIOUSLY starting to hate Kiwami. What in the FUCK is going on with the fucking balance in this game. Why in the FUCK is the arena more fun than this?! Why in the FUCK did they give you shitty sub-par crowd control and tie all of Beast's halfway decent crowd control and escape to fucking heat when you can fucking generate any of it?! Why the FUCK does heat generate SO fucking slowly?!

Man, FUCK THIS FUCKING GODDAMN BULLSHIT

The salt israel
    @Phantom Angel

RNG finally decided to grant me my first rare blade. It's...
    DRDRTCgVAAAANfh.jpg

...not at all what I was expecting.

You make it sound like a bad thing. Hoarding waifus is perfectly fine.

Why hoard waifus when you can play as the Golden Girls?

http://blog.attractmo.de/post/168440274565/i-cant-believe-more-people-arent-talking-about
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,751
    @Phantom Angel

DRDRTCgVAAAANfh.jpg

That was the first one I got, too lol. It's a HLR. Hope you got it on Nia...
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    "Phantom Angel"

DRDRTCgVAAAANfh.jpg

That was the first one I got, too lol. It's a HLR. Hope you got it on Nia...

Yep, I did =)
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,315
    edited December 2017
    That fucking gif lmao.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SonicabidSonicabid Jim Hussein Carrey Joined: Posts: 12,402
    Watch these videos, guys. I watch them once a year or two because they're damn good. He used have more videos that he put up but he deleted his Youtube account and these videos are re-posts by people that appreciated them as much as I do. :bow:

This guy was a top SF2 and Alpha player back in the day and there's some videos of him playing against Daigo too. He drops knowledge that you can apply not only to fighting games but all games in general. :bow:
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    “I’ve been playing Guilty Gear since the first game in the series [released in 1998]. No way I was going to get beat by a junior high school kid.” -buppa_stone

"Pad warrior since '93. No way I'm going to lose to some random scrub whose first fightang game was SFIV." :cool:

I wanted to post a video by oldschool SF2 player Jeff Schaeffer and his mentality towards not only FG's, but games and life in general. Sadly, they all seem to have been taken down on Youtube. Those videos stepped my game up and are to this day, some of the best videos I've ever seen on Youtube. I searched around a bit and even found this by Aris:

"Though I don't always agree with everything he says, I personally think Jeff Schaefer is one of the smartest and most inspirational speakers in the fighting game community. All his videos are worth checking out if you are interested in mentally improving your game." -Aris

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2011/2/21/street-fighter-legend-jeff-schaefer-on-the-human-potential.html

If any of you guys have seen the videos I'm talking about, you know you witnessed greatness. It's too bad they're not around anymore. @LAAkuma :sad:

Here ya go

"Pressure Wins Games"

"Your Human Potential"

"How To Be The Best Player"

Spoilers rekt out of respect
    Holy fuck FUCK THIS FUCKING GUN BOSS WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK MADE THEM THINK THIS FUCKING SHOTTY FUCKING BOSS WOULD BE ANY GODDAMN FUN. WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL?! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN FUCKING DESIGN THIS BULLSHIT.

I SERIOUSLY starting to hate Kiwami. What in the FUCK is going on with the fucking balance in this game. Why in the FUCK is the arena more fun than this?! Why in the FUCK did they give you shitty sub-par crowd control and tie all of Beast's halfway decent crowd control and escape to fucking heat when you can fucking generate any of it?! Why the FUCK does heat generate SO fucking slowly?!

Man, FUCK THIS FUCKING GODDAMN BULLSHIT

The salt israel
  • AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Watch these videos, guys. I watch them once a year or two because they're damn good. He used have more videos that he put up but he deleted his Youtube account and these videos are re-posts by people that appreciated them as much as I do. :bow:

This guy was a top SF2 and Alpha player back in the day and there's some videos of him playing against Daigo too. He drops knowledge that you can apply not only to fighting games but all games in general. :bow:

Here ya go

"Pressure Wins Games"

"Your Human Potential"

"How To Be The Best Player"

Spoilers rekt out of respect

I vaguely remember the one where he was talking about how either the Wolfe or Cannon brothers were wanting to test themselves against Mike Watson, so Mike and Jeff invited them over, and Jeff went downstairs to play and Mike stayed upstairs... watching T.V. or something. Jeff called up and was like "Yeah, Mike... you don't need to come down - they can't beat me."
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,370
    edited December 2017
    With no more DLC coming out for DOA5 I wonder what this could possibly be hmmm

• YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Cleric Joined: Posts: 7,592
    FFXV fans...

EPISODE IGNIS !

That is all.

This is the first of the three DLC episodes to really hit me hard with the story. The gameplay is pretty slick, too. Ignis is by far the most intuitive of the three of them to play as.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling
    November NPD 2017
    https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/14/november-npd-2017-call-of-duty-wwii-leads-2-7-billion-month-as-sales-are-up-30-year-over-year/

Sony was in fact the top console for the month. They also sold more consoles that month than any other month in it's lifetime currently. Dat black friday bundle tho! Xbone and Switch also sold well that month but it doesn't say who was in 2nd or 3rd. Even though Sony sold more consoles the Xbone brought in more revenue. I guess Xbone X must have done better than anticipated.

Call of Duty WWII became the best selling game of 2017...yeah that's correct the entire year.

Overall sales: CoD: WWII, Microtransaction Wars Lootboxfront 2 (wow even with all the negativity eh?), Ass Creed Origins, NBA 2K18, Dat Madden 18, Super Mario Odyssey, FIFA 18, Need for Speed Payback (still top 10 eh?), Destiny 2, Pokemon Ultra Sun, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Middle Earth Shadow of War, GTA V, Sims 4, LoZ:BotW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Wolfenstein II, South Park: TFBW, WWE 2K18, and Just Dance 2018.

Xbone top 10: CoD: WWII, EA Wars Greedfront II, Ass Creed Origins, NBA 2K18, Dat Madden 18, FIFA 18, Need for Speed: Payback, Destiny 2, Forza Motorsport 7, Middle Earth Shadow of War.

PS4 top 10: CoD: WWII, Wallet Wars Moneyfront II, Ass Creed Origins, NBA 2K18, Dat Madden 18, FIFA 18, Need for Speed: Payback, Destiny 2, GTA V, Wolfenstein II

Switch top 10: Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, LoZ: BotW, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (HEEEEEYYY! nice!), Splatoon 2, Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Sonic Forces ( O.o? well..guess the fanbase is still going strong on Nintendo's platforms), Doom 2016 (HEEEEEYYYY!!!!), Pokken Tournament DX, Just Dance 2018

3DS top 10: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Dual Pack (......really?), Super Mario Maker, Super Smash Bros. Mario Party: The Top 100, Minecraft (...I know the game is popular but it made top 10 on the n3DS?), Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, Mario Kart 7 (man...how long has this game been out? think year 2 of the system hasn't it been?), Pokemon Sun
    (If you'll notice...Metroid is not on the list...:( )

The best selling games of 2017 so far: CoD: WWII, Destiny 2, NBA 2K18, Dat Madden 18, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, LoZ:BotW, GTAV, For Honor, Injustice 2, and Horizon Zero Dawn.
    (notice that Star Wars didn't make this list)

The best selling games over the past 12 months: CoD: WWII, Destiny 2, NBA 2K18, Dat Madden 18, GTAV, CoD: IW, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, LoZ: BotW, NBA 2K17, Final Fantasy XV
    High Enough

• jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone play A Hat in Time? Thinking about getting it.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    edited December 2017
    Just beat Champions Ballad for BotW...

:bow:

• ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,370
    more Lost Soul Aside footage since its on Bing's page i assume its a dev playing.

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 8,975
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Anyone play A Hat in Time? Thinking about getting it.
    It’s a really good 3D platformer. So if you’re into those types of games, go for it.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Finally got a chance to play the Division 1.8................enjoyed the hell out of it.

I was able to get a bunch of Exotics without going to the Dark Zone.............I may even make a PvP build this time.
    Still no Urban MDR/The House.

I haven't tried out Resistance yet...........nor explored the Dark Zone.
    I'll probably hold off until after the Global Events.

Gonna grind the global event this weekend and aim for more Classified Gear and Exotics.

Glad they extended the Global event by one more day.

Best update from the Division so far.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    [
    Chiro wrote: »
    With no more DLC coming out for DOA5 I wonder what this could possibly be hmmm

I really hope it's DOA6. I just picked up 5LR and enjoy it. At this point this is probably the one I'm keeping my eye out on the most that I believe can make me go WOW and be a day one purchase without thinking about it.
    I'm expecting the graphics to be on another level and will be the only game to take the crown from 5LR at this point, in that regard. Curious if they change up the movement and evade system.

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,550
    @Iduno
    Have you played Blue Reflection? I'm a fan of the Atelier games and want to know if it's as good as those. From what I seen of the game it's hugely a shoujo with some RPG thrown in.

Grabbed it but Utawareumono came out around the same time so haven't had a chance to get on it yet.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017
    Chiro wrote: »
    more Lost Soul Aside footage since its on Bing's page i assume its a dev playing.

Goddamn this is gorgeous. I really can't get enough of the "stylish action" kind of game.... quite a shame that's not a big trend in game design for some stupid reason.

*it's also unusual to see a game actually played well in a demo... usually the first people you see demonstrating how a game plays....they suck SO much ass....like that infamous clip of that guy playing Cuphead....it's usually people that make you wonder if they've ever played any game before.

...but yeah, this game is mine immediately whenever it's released.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file