Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE!!!

Comments

• Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,078
    edited December 2017
    affinity wrote: »
    further proof nintendo Switch is overpriced and Vita is obsolete hardware.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/16/check-atelier-lydie-suelles-ps4-vs-switch-vs-ps-vita-comparison-screenshots/

Lol
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,986
    Got some matches in for KOF XIV. Online was smooth. The way I played, not so much. Looks like I'll be keeping it.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why do I always end up with the weird blades...
    DRJAOIwVwAAOOnD.jpg

@Phantom Angel I need you to give me some of your luck dangit :cry:

Lol... I just got Godfrey and I got Perceval a while back.
    latest?cb=20171121012818
    480?cb=20170922095202
    I’ve got that first dude as a rare blade and that’s It. :(

Looking foward to next DOA for the influx of new mods and... online content that comes as a result. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Godfrey was my first rare blade, I love when one of my characters pulled Azami, she reminds me of Juri guest staring in a SMT game.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,721
    Best trailer translation ever

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,101

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/16/check-atelier-lydie-suelles-ps4-vs-switch-vs-ps-vita-comparison-screenshots/

since its coming out for pc too will you say the same about the ps4 when the pc version looks better?

• affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,065
    edited December 2017
    appo wrote: »

since its coming out for pc too will you say the same about the ps4 when the pc version looks better?

PS4 version is the standard. PC version, if it looks better, is enhanced, but PS4 still holds the minimum quality standard the game should look.

in other news, Little Witch Academia and Atelier Lydie & Suelle demos are getting a lot of people interested!!

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,150
    appo wrote: »

All of Koei's PC ports have been substandard. It would be an improvement if they did a straight console port.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad Skill Joined: Posts: 7,402
    VR is fucking insane dude. When you first check it out everything is just wowwowweewow looking nice, but then the first time you turn around and see something behind you is when it really sets in how sick it is
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,545
    DRJAOIwVwAAOOnD.jpg

latest?cb=20171121012818
    480?cb=20170922095202

I'm not really at a point where I really know what's good or not so I'm not really stressing my (rare) pulls that much unless they're horrendous.

Apparently one of them is a trap lol. Floren, I believe.

Also, just a heads up...
    Don't Bond on Rex
    I don't wanna say why since it would be a spoiler, but yea... Don't do that.

About your spoiler, if I ignore it am I going to lose blades?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,741
    Iduno wrote: »
    DRJAOIwVwAAOOnD.jpg

latest?cb=20171121012818
    480?cb=20170922095202

I'm not really at a point where I really know what's good or not so I'm not really stressing my (rare) pulls that much unless they're horrendous.

Apparently one of them is a trap lol. Floren, I believe.

Also, just a heads up...
    Don't Bond on Rex
    I don't wanna say why since it would be a spoiler, but yea... Don't do that.

About your spoiler, if I ignore it am I going to lose blades?

Nope.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,806
    i backed up my save files of Fallout 4 and last of us on my old ps4 that i sold, a year later i bought a new ps4 redownloaded my save files but last of us wont detect it and im scared that fallout also wont detect it either. any ideas?

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,309
    Start over.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited December 2017
    Start over.

Maybe for the TLoF.

But it is a hard sell to start over a Bugtheedoes game.

Especially once you've accrued a bit of kit.

I had Fallout 4 on my old laptop... an update made it no longer run on it, and I lost the disc where I had backed up the save.

Even with a nice PC rig, which is a MASSIVE upgrade from my old FO4 experience, I cannot be arsed to start the whole game over.

The town "building" alone makes that an instant "hell no" every time my mind even lightly flits musingly upon the idea.

EDIT:

It is as bad as starting over Dragon' Crown.

...I totes would if there was a new class or two, 'doe.

But FO4 doesn't have that kind of potential incentive.
    Post edited by Azure on
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,806
    edited December 2017
    no seriously i need help with this, i dont wanna start over after all the work ive put into it

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    I did two full runs of FO4 when I borrowed the game from a friend. Starting over isnt that hard.

I dont have any other ideas for you Pavy. Sorry.
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 2,011
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    no seriously i need help with this, i dont wanna start over after all the work ive put into it

Unless you turned Sanctuary into some kind of living breathing utopian city, I'm sure you'll be fine. I started over recently, It did not take long at all to make progress.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,961 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017
    cheh, yeah I'd start over in Dragon's Crown. When it's a game that is one of my favorites of all time, I generally don't have a problem starting over with it. Crown has the advantage of being one of the greatest side-scrollers of all time.

Random great comedic moments in gaming history--- that mission in Saint's Row 2 when you get the septic tank truck, and go around spraying shit everywhere in the city. The cops show up to try and stop you...they can get sprayed down with the shitjuice too...you can actually kill them with it. I remember the dude in the truck with you makes a few wisecracks like "boy, this place smells like shit...BAH! AAAAHAHA". Later on, there is a special demolition derby with all septic tank trucks that is called the "Dookie Derby". :lol: To the fine folks that wrote and produced everything in that game.... thank you. :clap: I'm not sure there has been another franchise of games that has got that much comedy gold in them....the doody jokes/content from part 2 were just the tip of the iceberg, man. Such good times...there were moments when I had to pause the game and recover from laughing at some silly, nasty, hilarious shit that just happened.

edit--another moment that stood out to me as memorable... not sure if this is scripted to always happen, but it a seemingly random gang war in some neighborhood, on one of my usual "kill everyone" rampages in the game... the giant steroid-freak looking dude shows up out of nowhere to start beating everyone's ass...and as if it was his WWE entrance theme---EPIC from Faith No More started playing when he appeared. The shit was too awesome.... was like "holy shit who is this guy??! Where did he come from?" That game, man :clap:
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad Skill Joined: Posts: 7,402
    The beginning of a Fallout game has always been the most fun for me. Fighting for your life in a business suit and motorcycle helmet. Rifling through every box, cabinet and drawer to hoard those precious shotgun shells.

Then once you become a god it becomes all about killing people in the most creative ways possible.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,476
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,201
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Best trailer translation ever

This game looks fucking sick
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,721
    edited December 2017
    How the NES almost because an Atari Console
    And how at the 1984 CES decided the outcome.

i backed up my save files of Fallout 4 and last of us on my old ps4 that i sold, a year later i bought a new ps4 redownloaded my save files but last of us wont detect it and im scared that fallout also wont detect it either. any ideas?

Updates and patches as well as any mods could break compatibilities with old save files.
    There sorta a way to get this to fix on PC version, but it's a long and drawn out procedure.
    And that does not always work. Consoles are worst in this regards.

Just Start Over.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Juri Duty All Day Joined: Posts: 1,633
    edited December 2017

You could try to remove the patches from the game, and see if that fixes compatibility with your saves. Sadly, the PS4 does not offer an easy way to remove game patches like the 360 and PS3 did. On PS4, you would have to uninstall the game and then reinstall while offline to prevent any auto updates. I guess you could also just pause the updates indefinitely on the home screen. If your saves work after that, then you could try to update the game again and see if it updates your saves too. Also, this method assumes you have the physical copy of the game. The digital version might be updated before it's pushed out to users.

If it's a system update that's breaking your saves, then you're fucked. Trying to roll back a Sony system update is like pulling teeth, just ask a PSP owner.

You could try to remove the patches from the game, and see if that fixes compatibility with your saves. Sadly, the PS4 does not offer an easy way to remove game patches like the 360 and PS3 did. On PS4, you would have to uninstall the game and then reinstall while offline to prevent any auto updates. I guess you could also just pause the updates indefinitely on the home screen. If your saves work after that, then you could try to update the game again and see if it updates your saves too. Also, this method assumes you have the physical copy of the game. The digital version might be updated before it's pushed out to users.

If it's a system update that's breaking your saves, then you're fucked. Trying to roll back a Sony system update is like pulling teeth, just ask a PSP owner.

That does not always work on PC versions. On the PS4, forgery it. Just start over.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I bought a different dock for the Switch... That cheap shit that comes with it is staying in the box.

Edit: 3S on PS4? My PS3 is almost officially retired. Still need MvC2...

Was it the Nyko dock? I heard about them frying the charging port...
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    I bought a different dock for the Switch... That cheap shit that comes with it is staying in the box.

Nah, Insignia. Works pretty good so far.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,150
    You brought a store brand dock? Smh.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Better than the shitty official one.

• SkullboySkullboy It's A Secret To Everybody. Joined: Posts: 12,587
    Haven't had any problems with the Nintendo dock...
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    Rhio2k wrote: »

I heard the same thing. It's why I tell people stay away from Nyko.
    Skullboy wrote: »
    Its not that the dock itself has problems (aside from screen scratching) but that its cheap plastic with barely anything inside. When I get a switch I plan to buy a new housing for the dock that's about the size of a portable power source so I can take the machine and the dock with me anywhere easily, on top of being in a more sturdy housing to protect the dock components anyway.
    Its not that the dock itself has problems (aside from screen scratching) but that its cheap plastic with barely anything inside. When I get a switch I plan to buy a new housing for the dock that's about the size of a portable power source so I can take the machine and the dock with me anywhere easily, on top of being in a more sturdy housing to protect the dock components anyway.

That is what I did. I got the basstop switch dock housing from Amazon
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Juri Duty All Day Joined: Posts: 1,633
    its cheap plastic with barely anything inside.

Completely agree. It legit feels like something you would get with a happy meal. What's even crazier is that the dock's MSRP is $90 lol. The balls on Nintendo...

• YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Cleric Joined: Posts: 7,592
    Part of me wishes they'd make a sequel to WWE All Stars. Another part of me suspects that they'd probably get FGC tournament players to test the thing just so they can make absolutely sure that Roman Reigns is top tier.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

With all the accounts of it scratching the screen to the point where you need a "dock cover" and then hearing that having a screen protector causes further fitting issues, I decided not to deal with it at all. Never even took it out of the box. The one I use is perfect for my needs.

Anyway, it's just a dock we're talking about. The topic doesn't really deserve such a back and forth.

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,768
    Where was all this outrage when y'all were buying replacement 360s due to RRoD?

Fuck Microsoft for all time for that shit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file