Video Game General 5.0: Textures are now $4.99. All dialogue is locked behind a $10 lootbox.

Comments

• Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,404
    Not enough for you?
    Look, I like Josie and all but she's not Bruce. She's an easier Bruce that's eye candy. People don't fear her like they did Bruce in Tag 2. And from what I've heard, she's not as effective as Bruce either. Josie's cute as fuck with a nice set of tig ole bitties, but her VA is annoying.

Oh no, I hear the opposite. Josie has some tools that makes her more dangerous than Bruce, but cause of well, being Josie, people don't take her seriously until they lose 60% of life off of a single crumple stun into juggle.
    Tekken 7 is the most fun I've had with Tekken game since DR. Feng is dope as always and King got some of Armor King's best moves. The story is garbage, but that's pretty much a given in Tekken games.

I also dig the new Rage Mechanics. I think the Drives are a great addition, and the Arts are pretty cool too. They're mostly lazy as fuck though. Like 80% of them are just knocking the opponent up in the air, then knocking them away. The fact that Feng doesn't use the God Fist scroll is beyond disappointing

You are one of the first that outright says likes the Rage mechanics.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a knock, but I still hear people complaining about it. ESPECIALLY the newbs who get hit by Rage Arts all the damn time.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,501
    Tekken 7 is the most fun I've had with Tekken game since DR. Feng is dope as always and King got some of Armor King's best moves. The story is garbage, but that's pretty much a given in Tekken games.

I also dig the new Rage Mechanics. I think the Drives are a great addition, and the Arts are pretty cool too. They're mostly lazy as fuck though. Like 80% of them are just knocking the opponent up in the air, then knocking them away. The fact that Feng doesn't use the God Fist scroll is beyond disappointing
    Nah, Armor King has the brutality in his moves. King lacks those. King hits hard and has cooler throws but Armor King is a savage. Rage Arts are lame as shit. Very uncreative. Rage drives are cool though.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,939
    edited December 7
    Getting more into Nier. Just finished the Flooded City section. I'm not really doing any Side Quests but I have a ton activated. I'm really getting into it and everything is starting to fall into place as far as chips, controls and general game flow go. More P* greatness, I'm sure is ahead and that's not even counting the multiple play throughs. @Million you needed to cop a PS4 like yesterday and this game with it.

Not sure how I feel about Destiny 2, but the intro was cool. The news is funny but I'm not paying too much attention to it since it came with the system so I'm whatever about it, even though it seems to be pissing off the fan base, or maybe it's a case " a loud few "? I have Doom as my FPS choice since the online play is cool and the single player is awesome. I'd like to get Titanfall 2 at some point. Hopefully it doesn't lose its fanbase by the time I jump into it.

Yakuza 0 arrived today, even though it was estimated to come next week :tup: Need to finish Kiwami first, then I'll get into Y0. Once Puyo Puyo Tetris comes in that'll be it for the Black Friday shopping...finally.

@crotchpuncha Darksiders II is up on PS Plus. I downloaded it today, since it's free. Might dabble into it. Never paid attention to these games so we'll see how it goes.

Seems like LabZero is aiming for Fall 2018 with Indivisible. Really excited for that!
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,297
    Azure wrote: »
    T7 needs more Bruce.

tumblr_nlzdrqCgGl1txzog0o3_500.gif

Not enough for you?

Always wanted try her out, but it's hard going away from Kazuya!!
    Landing Electrics...constantly, just feels right!!!

Saitsu wrote: »
    Nonsense, there's always room for more THOT. :coffee:

Support and approve of this with 100% of my being

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,102
    Thanks @Femto
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,865
    Eskills wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Eskills wrote: »
    DANZAN wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Touch screen/mobile is perfect for shmups.

Honestly you need to show me a shmup that plays good on mobile

I tried that game. Its the worst port of Espgaluda 2 I ever played.
    The company G-Gee that had it up had to pull it from the Google store as they lost their license from Cave.
    I am sure its not on the Apple store ether.
    Regular and HD are both still on iOS. Run buttery smooth as well. :coffee:

But I have a android phone :coffee:
    Not about to buy an Apple phone to play a cave shooter

Just saying mobile gaming is good when it's done right, especially iOS. I've played so many good ass games on my phone or iPad. Hell my library of games for iOS is bigger than my WiiU one. :rofl:

i have the ultimate game on my phone.
    jet set radioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

you can only get the apk now cuz sega took the game off the play store. but i bought the game before that so its permanently in my play store library.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,288
    Touch screen controls for a console game, LOL.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,102
    Cameras so fucking close can barely even see her form.

They do look like shit tho.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,118
    Yeah, half of the rage arts look really basic. I like the ones which can't be done by "normal" gameplay standards, like Bob doing his best Superman impersonation.

Bruce > Josie tho. That man kicked your shins like he meant it.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wonder if people in the crowd are going to yell about EA at the game awards
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • Ryo YamazakiRyo Yamazaki The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum Joined: Posts: 196 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Josie's crying does my head in as well, just feels like it's worked into her character for fetishistic reasons.

Still, better than Lucky Chloe's... Everything. During a set with an LC player, my girl said that hearing her voice makes her want to kick puppies...
    People are saying that *this* is the worst time to be a child. That's bullshit! *EVERY* time is the worst time to be a child because adults never know SHIT!!! - Lewis Black
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,319
    Josie really is a terribly designed character. She throws elbows and knees, bashes heads in and chokes people out with the confidence of a champ. Then she wins and falls to her knees to cry like a toddler.

She looks good and her gameplay style is one of the funnest. Someone said Bruce kicks like he means it, but Josie's crouchdash 3 could break Wolverine's ankle

I've heard Filipino fighters have a repution of getting overly emotional and crying tears of joy after a fight so that's why she does it. Never really cared to look up any evidence though.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,319
    True, personally I'm not a fan of it at all.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,282
    Chiro wrote: »
    Josie really is a terribly designed character. She throws elbows and knees, bashes heads in and chokes people out with the confidence of a champ. Then she wins and falls to her knees to cry like a toddler.

She looks good and her gameplay style is one of the funnest. Someone said Bruce kicks like he means it, but Josie's crouchdash 3 could break Wolverine's ankle

I've heard Filipino fighters have a repution of getting overly emotional and crying tears of joy after a fight so that's why she does it. Never really cared to look up any evidence though.

I remember when she was revealed, d3v said that she was pretty close to reality.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • BoelBoel all this post up in your butt Joined: Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »
    Chillest Mod since Septimus? Does that mean Im gonna have an emotional breakdown and start banning people over consoles? :rofl:

Definitely over cosplay.

Dont cosplay...

Or buy EA games. :coffee:
    Azure wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »
    Chillest Mod since Septimus? Does that mean Im gonna have an emotional breakdown and start banning people over consoles? :rofl:

Definitely over cosplay.

Dont cosplay...

Or buy EA games. :coffee:

You mean the mod who was banned over consoles, don't you?

Or at the very least De-Modded.

RC ruled the console threads with an iron fist.

And his other hand was firmly wrapped around X-box's cock.

I AM extremely disappointed in Sept's choice of final battleground, though.

FF-13.

No fanboy ought to have died on that hill.

Jabs with the correction to @Pertho revisionist history. :clap:

-Sep was making a big deal of FF13 being better on the PS3 VS the 360(LOL) and he was also making sure people in the 360 thread knew this.
    -Ronin was like "just buy it on whatever console you have. Who cares about 10 DVD's lol"
    -Eventually Ronin got tired of Sep doing this and started to troll and bait Sep into arguments in the PS3/360 threads respectively.
    -At some point even YeahDood120% was like "oh, so it's OK for mods to troll and break rules now?" referring to Ronins obvious trolling+baits. @Boel said "I didn't think FF13 would be the game to kill SRK." :lol:
    -Ronin eventually called for the WiZmaster and presented to him Seps posts in the VG threads in response to his troll posts.
    -Sep gets de-modded, leaves for another forum while a handful of other posters leave too. I didn't see Sep or those other posters after that fiasco. Ronin left for that same forum eventually(LOL.) I stopped seeing YeahDood120 shortly after that too(shoutouts to YeahDood, I played against him a lot in MVC3/UMVC3.)

That's what went down and I remember it clearly because that's when GD as a whole started to get worse. Post 09er galore after that shit. We've lost A LOT of regulars in GD this year and it's becoming really noticeable because GD isn't that big of a forum in the first place. This place went from a forum that had actual discussions to a place where people post 1 line of text followed by a video. Sometimes there is no text, it's just a post of a video, a twitter link or a .gif and nothing else. I remember mIRC complaining about this a lot and he was right before he left. People used to shit on each other all the time in the old days, but then they'd move on after that. Now people shit on each other and hold grudges because they have the dick length equivalent to a cut in half tic-tac and instead of it being funny, it comes off as petty and sad and it applies to a lot of posters in this thread and the Lounge.

Videogame pollytickz
    Forum pollytickz

haha dug up this gem http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/4043646/#Comment_4043646
    who tf knows anymore
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,976
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    odin wrote: »
    CDB2 wrote: »
    The Atom gameplay trailer

Starting to regret voting for Tekken 7 as FGOTY.

The Atom's gameplay is truly amazing and innovative!!
    No way Mahvel tops this with Ant-man, if he's even added to MvC:I outside of Hawkeye's level 3.

Injustass still sucks. T7 best fighting game in the last 10 years, come at me.

T7 is not as good as Tag2 OR T6 so I don't see how this is a true statement.

What I hate about T7 is that they brought in all these easy to pick up characters. The last time the added a badass male character was Miguel in T6. Rage arts/drives reek of them running out of ideas. People complained about B! but it's replacement S! pretty much does the same thing but knocks them further away. My combos with Kazuya basically didn't change. Same with Bryan, Jin, etc. Katarina is a thot and all and Josie is cute with a banging body but they're boring to play. The guess characters are a hit or a miss. I don't like Akuma at all while Geese is fun. I would prefer it if they chose pure hand to hand combatants like Kiryu Kazama, Big Boss/Solid Snake, Kenshiro. The only thing T6 has over T7 is the customization. That shit was great.

Mechanically, I have one main gripe (and several smaller ones) are wall properties. Whatever Harada did between Tag and now, walls have become arbitrarily unreliable. Tekken used to be "Oh hey, carried my opponent to the wall, time to squeeze this wall juice out", but now ANY interaction with walls is a fuckin crapshoot.

Design wise: customizations are laughable, terrible new characters and stupid story. Online tournaments end if the host of the tournament leaves (who the fuck thought that would be a good idea???). The only good design choice was the re-inclusion of Tekken tunes.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,576
    Finished Stick of truth for the first time last night. Gonna proceed to play fractured buttwhole when i get home.
    Really enjoyed the game. Sometimes all you need is something that can make you laugh and it's all worth it.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,280
    edited December 7
    I think you mean 'surpassed' hawkingbird. Supressing their numbers might be the opposite of Sony's goal. =D
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,576
    lol yeah i was about to say "where do you put the suppressor in the ps4?" :smiley:
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,436
    Finally started Xenoblade 2.

...Rex really needs to take some voice lessons from Shulk. He's fine during normal conversations but when he's angry/upset/in battle he sounds completely disinterested :rofl:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,282

I have yet to play the last Tomb Raider game.......

It's pretty good but I feel that compared to the initial entry in the reboot saga, it pushes you forward far too fast.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    PSVR seems to be doing better than I expected in that report. Over 2 mil sold.

Vids

DF put up an analysis of RE: Rev 1 & 2 for Switch

They also did a vid for Fortnite on Xbone X and PS4 Pro

Frozenvyte put up the ost for Nine Parchments for those interested

High Enough

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,561

...Rex really needs to take some voice lessons from Shulk. He's fine during normal conversations but when he's angry/upset/in battle he sounds completely disinterested :rofl:

I... Just might buy a Switch for that game. If it's anything like XCX, it'll be worth it.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,883

His battle cries in the cutscene when he first fights with Pyra made me laugh my ass off.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAiyah!
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've only played the 2013 reboot and the most recent "Rise" but they were quite good imo.

I've never played dmc1-3 (only 4 on x360).
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,436

I... Just might buy a Switch for that game. If it's anything like XCX, it'll be worth it.

It's a lot closer to the first Xenoblade as far as pacing goes. But if you liked that one too then you'll like this.

Nia best girl

His battle cries in the cutscene when he first fights with Pyra made me laugh my ass off.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAiyah!

His reaction when he remembers what really happened to him on the ship made me wonder if he was really that upset about it :lol:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    edited December 7
    There a demo for Lost Sphear out today at least in the uk...dunno about any other western territories
    High Enough

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,883
    Mario & Rabbids is recieving a free update adding multiplayer versus tommorow.
    http://blog.ubi.com/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-versus-mode-coming-december-8/
    Wow, that’s actually pretty cool support there Ubi. With this and all the other news/interviews this game really comes off as a passion project by those involved in it’s development.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,569
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Abbachio wrote: »
    Finally got round to finishing Lost Odyssey, such a fantastic game.

Jansen is best boi.

Lost Odyssey starts out with an emo protag who actually matures and shows character growth, something Square should learn from.

FF9, FF10, FF12, and FF15 all don't have an emo protag. Character growth is one thing, but in cases like FF12, the protag just wasn't even the actual main character of the story so yeah. 9, 10, and 15 definitely were all not like what you're talking about though. I never played 13 so I dunno about Lightning or whatever

Lightning grows as a character. She wasn't really emo per say, just very non-chalant? But overtime she does become more caring and fills out like a big sister role for the party
    Mario & Rabbids is recieving a free update adding multiplayer versus tommorow.
    http://blog.ubi.com/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-versus-mode-coming-december-8/
    Wow, that’s actually pretty cool support there Ubi. With this and all the other news/interviews this game really comes off as a passion project by those involved in it’s development.

You got 2 slowed by both Hawkingbird and me.

High Enough

• Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,118
    Miguel is the most boring character in the game. Just a generic character all around.

Katarina is also bland, but at least she's thicc.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file