Video Game General 5.0: Textures are now $4.99. All dialogue is locked behind a $10 lootbox.

Comments

• xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,533
    Feng is the best character added to tekken since his debut in 5.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,927
    Almost gave into buying Mai in DOA5 with the free $10 from Sony, but I remembered Aero Fighter 2 and Metal Slug X or on PSN.

Now I can't decide between AF2 or Metal Slug X...
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,317
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chiro wrote: »

I don't trust most western devs making tribute games to Japanese ones. They almost always end up missing the mark. It's one thing with simpler 2d platformers, but as soon as you go beyond that the game tends to just make me feel, why am I not playing the superior games this is taking inspiration from.

Hopefully it's cool though
    you can get that feeling even from games made by seasoned professionals. i remember while playing Revenengence i was thinking how much more fun i could be having by playing Bayonetta instead.

• Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,979
    totally forgot about that game but soon as you posted I remember cause its battle system borrowed elements from shadow hearts so I was instantly interested.

glad its coming out soon, insta buy
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    its only like $25 so i don't really mind supporting them if it gets decent reviews.
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,802
    edited December 7
    Funnily enough I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider about 20 minutes ago. My review below, contains spoilers.
    The Good:
    Graphics range from very good to impressive.
    Some of the puzzles are really fun.
    The Broadhead Arrows are a neat mechanic.
    The way the devs made the open world/sandboxes.
    Side quests and tombs are pretty well done.

The Bad:
    I found the game to be at odds with in how it presents itself ideally and mechanically, the game tells you it's about survival but only gives you weapons when the correct cutscene plays.
    Aiming feels like you're dragging the reticle around rather actually aiming.
    Traversal feels too on rails sometimes which is a shame.
    The Broadhead Arrows come way too late in the game.
    The pacing is weird.
    The Story is run of the mill and forgettable.

The Ugly:
    Lara is the most boring fucking character in video games right now.
    The last "boss"
    The way the story handles the supernatural stuff is so shallow.

I feel the game is a safe, but sloppy 7. The gunplay is middling with a sensitivity slider that might as well be slow and steady or my life is blur, I just could not find a sweet spot. As I say that the shotgun and grenade launcher felt great to use, as did the double/triple arrow auto headshot skill although I did find it just not working sometimes and I'm unsure as to why, could be a bug but it very well be a tool tip I missed. Stealth feels tacked on, the cover system isn't very good and the old faithful mash square to [action] is here. Traversal, like most games in this genre, ranges from being very fun to I might as well just be holding up and I felt the ratio in how fun the traversal aspects were leaned more towards the game feeling a tad on rails at times.

The world itself is actually very good and almost masterfully crafted, in an age where open world is king most games of this type lose themselves in this bigger means better mindset and they're often barren grasslands/forests/deserts with fuck all to do in them but here we get fairly large areas broken into their own zones, filled with collectables, tombs, side quests, traversal elements, animals to hunt etc. I was actually very surprised that I'd enjoy this certain aspect of it as I'm usually sceptical of open world/sandbox games. Crafting is your bog standard find 9 twix wrappers and a piece of flint to craft a grenade.

The story is... there I suppose. Papa Croft is dead but he discovered an ancient artifact called the source. People are after it. You know one of them. It's an awkward affair. Ancient immortal people show up. They aren't very immortal. Sniper.

The voice acting is fine from what I heard, I was catching up on my music backlog while playing, I was very off put by the story early on as I knew exactly where it would go and how well it would be executed, unlike Ana who was executed very well. Lara might be one of the most dull characters in gaming, her personality is so drab and boring. Okay, so she gets blown to pieces and has nearly every bone broken in almost every scene in the game but that doesn't make her a good character, especially when she just dusts herself down and carries on like the Mary Sue she is.

The Last boss is actually laughable, even if you include the helicopter. "You have no weapons" he says as he only disarms me of my Bow in the cutscene. "Hahaa" I say as I equip my Shotg-where's it gone? So all of my weapons are magically taken away, I run around the arena a little until I notice a tin can which can of course be crafted into a grenade, hit him with a grenade, press triangle on him to melee him, do it a second time which then triggers a QTE event, complete the 2 button QTE event, wet fart of an ending ensues.

In closing, if you're into these kinds of third-person Indiana Jones games, I think you'll get a kick out of it. For me the characters and story definitely turned me off, but the set pieces and areas are great, combat is ok even if it isn't as tight as I'd like it to be, random tasks are plentiful and some of the upgrade skills are pretty cool.

Gameplay 7
    Visuals 9
    Audio 5
    Story 4
    Replayability 8

Overall 7/10

I wrote way more than I intended.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Digimon: Cyber Sleuths, Yakuza 3
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,979
    edited December 7
    ps4 hits 70 million
    http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2017/171207.html

edit. already posted
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,273
    Abbachio wrote: »
    Funnily enough I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider about 20 minutes ago. My review below, contains spoilers.
    The Good:

The Bad:
    I found the game to be at odds with in how it presents itself ideally and mechanically, the game tells you it's about survival but only gives you weapons when the correct cutscene plays.
    The pacing is weird.

The Ugly:
    The last "boss"

I feel the game is a safe, but sloppy 7. The gunplay is middling with a sensitivity slider that might as well be slow and steady or my life is blur, I just could not find a sweet spot. As I say that the shotgun and grenade launcher felt great to use, as did the double/triple arrow auto headshot skill although I did find it just not working sometimes and I'm unsure as to why, could be a bug but it very well be a tool tip I missed. Stealth feels tacked on, the cover system isn't very good and the old faithful mash square to [action] is here. Traversal, like most games in this genre, ranges from being very fun to I might as well just be holding up and I felt the ratio in how fun the traversal aspects were leaned more towards the game feeling a tad on rails at times.

The world itself is actually very good and almost masterfully crafted, in an age where open world is king most games of this type lose themselves in this bigger means better mindset and they're often barren grasslands/forests/deserts with fuck all to do in them but here we get fairly large areas broken into their own zones, filled with collectables, tombs, side quests, traversal elements, animals to hunt etc. I was actually very surprised that I'd enjoy this certain aspect of it as I'm usually sceptical of open world/sandbox games. Crafting is your bog standard find 9 twix wrappers and a piece of flint to craft a grenade.

The story is... there I suppose. Papa Croft is dead but he discovered an ancient artifact called the source. People are after it. You know one of them. It's an awkward affair. Ancient immortal people show up. They aren't very immortal. Sniper.

The voice acting is fine from what I heard, I was catching up on my music backlog while playing, I was very off put by the story early on as I knew exactly where it would go and how well it would be executed, unlike Ana who was executed very well. Lara might be one of the most dull characters in gaming, her personality is so drab and boring. Okay, so she gets blown to pieces and has nearly every bone broken in almost every scene in the game but that doesn't make her a good character, especially when she just dusts herself down and carries on like the Mary Sue she is.

The Last boss is actually laughable, even if you include the helicopter. "You have no weapons" he says as he only disarms me of my Bow in the cutscene. "Hahaa" I say as I equip my Shotg-where's it gone? So all of my weapons are magically taken away, I run around the arena a little until I notice a tin can which can of course be crafted into a grenade, hit him with a grenade, press triangle on him to melee him, do it a second time which then triggers a QTE event, complete the 2 button QTE event, wet fart of an ending ensues.

In closing, if you're into these kinds of third-person Indiana Jones games, I think you'll get a kick out of it. For me the characters and story definitely turned me off, but the set pieces and areas are great, combat is ok even if it isn't as tight as I'd like it to be, random tasks are plentiful and some of the upgrade skills are pretty cool.

Gameplay 7
    Visuals 9
    Audio 5
    Story 4
    Replayability 8

Overall 7/10

You gave the story more credit than I did. I would've given it a flat 1.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,079
    edited December 7
    The Good:

The Bad:
    The pacing is weird.

The Ugly:
    The last "boss"

Gameplay 7
    Visuals 9
    Audio 5
    Story 4
    Replayability 8

Overall 7/10

I agree about the story
    Shit is fucking boring as hell, and while I wouldnt call Lara a Mary Sue, I will say she is extremely dull and boring in this game, which I dont blame her cuz the narrative is extremely dull and boring. The badguys are stupid, the McGuffin is simply a MCGuffin, seems to play no larger role in the game then to be the thing everyone chases and nothing else, which is the point of a McGuffin but the first game at least made that shit a game wide part of the narrative. I stopped playing it when I got to the resistance base and lent the game to my mother and I really don't care to finish it. The Open world parts are great and well exacuted and the gameplay is on point, but it all just feels so pointless and tired. Really disappointed in this game, Lara was a great character in the first one, the world was well realized and fun to explore with a mystery hanging over the whole island I wanted to solve, here it's just super paint by numbers and dull. Trailers made it seem like the game would explore LAras deep seeded need for dangerous thrills and exploration, but it does none of that, shes just a walking cardboard stand up. Very disappointing.{/spoiler]
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited December 7
    The Good:

The Bad:
    The pacing is weird.

The Ugly:
    The last "boss"

Gameplay 7
    Visuals 9
    Audio 5
    Story 4
    Replayability 8

Overall 7/10

I agree about the story
    Shit is fucking boring as hell, and while I wouldnt call Lara a Mary Sue, I will say she is extremely dull and boring in this game, which I dont blame her cuz the narrative is extremely dull and boring. The badguys are stupid, the McGuffin is simply a MCGuffin, seems to play no larger role in the game then to be the thing everyone chases and nothing else, which is the point of a McGuffin but the first game at least made that shit a game wide part of the narrative. I stopped playing it when I got to the resistance base and lent the game to my mother and I really don't care to finish it. The Open world parts are great and well exacuted and the gameplay is on point, but it all just feels so pointless and tired. Really disappointed in this game, Lara was a great character in the first one, the world was well realized and fun to explore with a mystery hanging over the whole island I wanted to solve, here it's just super paint by numbers and dull. Trailers made it seem like the game would explore LAras deep seeded need for dangerous thrills and exploration, but it does none of that, shes just a walking cardboard stand up. Very disappointing.{/spoiler]

No no, she's a Mary Sue for sure. It made sense in the first one because she became slowly more battle hardened while facing relatively primitive opposition.

She's facing 50x as much bullshit in Rise and she ends up even more effective. Then again Lara has always been one in history so nothing new.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,887
    Despite the best girls Josie and Asuka, I am a man of simple tastes. I see a waifufag (Heihachi) and I immediately understand everything about him, his life, his motives and everything, so it's no wonder who best boy is.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    The Good:

The Bad:
    The pacing is weird.

The Ugly:
    The last "boss"

Gameplay 7
    Visuals 9
    Audio 5
    Story 4
    Replayability 8

Overall 7/10

I agree about the story

No no, she's a Mary Sue for sure. It made sense in the first one because she became slowly more battle hardened while facing relatively primitive opposition.

She's facing 50x as much bullshit in Rise and she ends up even more effective.
    She's way more experienced now, of course she is more effective.
    The Good:

The Bad:
    The pacing is weird.

The Ugly:
    The last "boss"

Gameplay 7
    Visuals 9
    Audio 5
    Story 4
    Replayability 8

Overall 7/10

I agree about the story

She's facing 50x as much bullshit in Rise and she ends up even more effective.
    She's way more experienced now, of course she is more effective.

She's more experienced at adventuring, not taking on essentially PMCs. And she got the shit beat out of her in the first game, in here she's basically unscathed by the enemy outside of environmental hazards.
    You need a bit more then that to be classified as a Mary Sue. They are usually self insert, do everything perfectly, and are loved unconditionally by the rest of the cast. Wouldn't say that about Lara here at all, she fucks up regularly, she's not a self insert (tho I guess this is becoming less of a requirement for the tag with each passing day for some reason) and she catches lots of flak over the course of the game.

And I dunno about you, but I caught a lot of bullets during my play time so yea.
    You need a bit more then that to be classified as a Mary Sue. They are usually self insert, do everything perfectly, and are loved unconditionally by the rest of the cast. Wouldn't say that about Lara here at all, she fucks up regularly, she's not a self insert (tho I guess this is becoming less of a requirement for the tag with each passing day for some reason) and she catches lots of flak over the course of the game.

And I dunno about you, but I caught a lot of bullets during my play time so yea.

Alright, I'll concede the point to you.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,887
    How do I self insert as Lara? I'll self insert as the man fugging her.
    edited December 7

Alright, I'll concede the point to you.
    lol if you want. You don't have to.

I mean I think the Mary Sue tag is unfitting in this instance, but I still think she's fucking awful and dull in this game. I can't believe how fucking bored I was playing it, like I didn't give a shit about any of these characters at all, including Lara. I don't even give a shit about finding this fucking Source thing, don't even know what the fuck it is, not a god damn clue, and I'm like 8+ hours into the game. First game really feels like someone had a story to tell, second game feels like they just made a sequel because. Would have been really interesting to see them delve into he need for adventure and danger, instead shes just chasing some bullshit her dad never found just because.

Brings me to another thing, every time these games bring her dead dad into the proceedings these stories go to fucking shit. Her dad is the worst character to ever happen to any of the Tomb Raider series featuring his dumb dead ass. This game should be about her trying to find something Roth was looking for or something, at least I care about Roth on some level.
    Leon63 wrote: »
    How do I self insert as Lara? I'll self insert as the man fugging her.
    That's not what is meant by self insert.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,400
    Lara was an okay character, considering the narrative she was under. The last boss "battles" were dumb and forced mechanics upon you, however.
    Why the hell am I NOT able to just axe the bad guy to death when I'm clearly ABLE to?!?!

All in all, I do rate Rise a little lower than the first game, as there is indeed more exploration, and you can get by on fewer things without having to level up like crazy. Honestly next game needs less of that cause some abilities wound up being useless in the long run anyway.

As for story...
    Collecting all the trinkets and end up with a couple of things that obviously suggested fuggin ALIENS behind the artifact in the setting, yet nothing else was done about it or mentioned, even after credits? BOO.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,739
    Worst Mary Sue in VG history?
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,400
    I wouldn't consider Rise's Lara a Mary Sue.
    People still distrusted her (until after certain game events), and there were still a few dummy moments she had.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    Bious wrote: »
    Worst Mary Sue in VG history?

Roll in Mega Man Powered Up.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Yeah maybe I used too strong of a term, my B, but Rise's Lara is fucking terrible as a character.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Digimon: Cyber Sleuths, Yakuza 3
    you can get that feeling even from games made by seasoned professionals. i remember while playing Revenengence i was thinking how much more fun i could be having by playing Bayonetta instead.

Yeah but it's way rarer from Japanese devs making games in genres they have experience in, which is kind of obvious I would think.

And even if you hated Revengeance, at least it has all the style you'd expect, the incredibly good animation, creative stuff like the musical transitions and just good music in general, interesting gameplay ideas, even if some people feel they didn't execute well enough, etc.
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,294
    I thought the first Tomb Raider reboot sucked. It felt like a soulless Uncharted clone and I could only play it for a few hours before shelving it. Rise looked to be more of the same, so I didn't bother getting it.

I also agree a 100% with what you said about the aiming, Abbachio. The crosshair when you aim is swaying all over the place like you're playing as Snake from MGS1 trying to shoot your sniper rifle without meds. Sebastian in both of The Evil Within games has a better shot than Laura(Lara?) before you get any upgrades. :lol:
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    edited December 7
    In this video Chris Lee walks through how a draft a bill and how it can become law. The goal is to try to draft a bill to prevent the sale of games with lootboxes to people under the age of 21.

Lee even provides a letter template gamers can use to sent to their State Legislators to address the issue.
    http://textuploader.com/dqn4s
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Gasaraki wrote: »

Yeah but it's way rarer from Japanese devs making games in genres they have experience in, which is kind of obvious I would think.

And even if you hated Revengeance, at least it has all the style you'd expect, the incredibly good animation, creative stuff like the musical transitions and just good music in general, interesting gameplay ideas, even if some people feel they didn't execute well enough, etc.

yeah but we're talking about a turn based RPG here. rather than comparing it to Bayonetta im going to be comparing it to something like FFX which mechanically speaking is pretty easy to achieve assuming they're the least bit competent. after that the story and art direction are really going to be the next biggest hurdles and so far i like what ive seen of the plot.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,271
    Outlast Coming to Switch in 2018, Outlast 3 coming eventually
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/07/outlast-coming-to-switch-outlast-3-confirmed
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• BoelBoel all this post up in your butt Joined: Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Finally got round to finishing Lost Odyssey, such a fantastic game.

Jansen is best boi.

Lost Odyssey starts out with an emo protag who actually matures and shows character growth, something Square should learn from.

FF9, FF10, FF12, and FF15 all don't have an emo protag. Character growth is one thing, but in cases like FF12, the protag just wasn't even the actual main character of the story so yeah. 9, 10, and 15 definitely were all not like what you're talking about though. I never played 13 so I dunno about Lightning or whatever

Zidane practically starts listening to Linkin Park as the game progresses
    who tf knows anymore
    its almost like even happy people become depressed when bad things happen to them.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,496
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    odin wrote: »
    CDB2 wrote: »
    The Atom gameplay trailer

Starting to regret voting for Tekken 7 as FGOTY.

The Atom's gameplay is truly amazing and innovative!!
    No way Mahvel tops this with Ant-man, if he's even added to MvC:I outside of Hawkeye's level 3.

Injustass still sucks. T7 best fighting game in the last 10 years, come at me.

T7 is not as good as Tag2 OR T6 so I don't see how this is a true statement.

What I hate about T7 is that they brought in all these easy to pick up characters. The last time the added a badass male character was Miguel in T6. Rage arts/drives reek of them running out of ideas. People complained about B! but it's replacement S! pretty much does the same thing but knocks them further away. My combos with Kazuya basically didn't change. Same with Bryan, Jin, etc. Katarina is a thot and all and Josie is cute with a banging body but they're boring to play. The guess characters are a hit or a miss. I don't like Akuma at all while Geese is fun. I would prefer it if they chose pure hand to hand combatants like Kiryu Kazama, Big Boss/Solid Snake, Kenshiro. The only thing T6 has over T7 is the customization. That shit was great.

Mechanically, I have one main gripe (and several smaller ones) are wall properties. Whatever Harada did between Tag and now, walls have become arbitrarily unreliable. Tekken used to be "Oh hey, carried my opponent to the wall, time to squeeze this wall juice out", but now ANY interaction with walls is a fuckin crapshoot.

Design wise: customizations are laughable, terrible new characters and stupid story. Online tournaments end if the host of the tournament leaves (who the fuck thought that would be a good idea???). The only good design choice was the re-inclusion of Tekken tunes.
    Yeah, I hear you on the walls. I've been through it and I've seen it from higher level players. Combos either not working or the worse, they start the combo, the wall fucks it up, and the opponent takes the win.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Beyond Good and Evil 2 - First Ship and Crew Update

Paragon - Terra Announce Trailer

Bonus

Videogamedunkey - Mario Odyssey Tips & Tricks
    High Enough

Also here's a stream for TGA for the future
    High Enough

BG&E2 is looking TIGHT!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,006
    Starting in 23 minutes

SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,554
    tbt.gif
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited December 8
    Boel wrote: »
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Finally got round to finishing Lost Odyssey, such a fantastic game.

Jansen is best boi.

Lost Odyssey starts out with an emo protag who actually matures and shows character growth, something Square should learn from.

FF9, FF10, FF12, and FF15 all don't have an emo protag. Character growth is one thing, but in cases like FF12, the protag just wasn't even the actual main character of the story so yeah. 9, 10, and 15 definitely were all not like what you're talking about though. I never played 13 so I dunno about Lightning or whatever

Zidane practically starts listening to Linkin Park as the game progresses

Zidane gets over his shit relatively quick, and he isn't wallowing in it for ages. That's not being emo.
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 133
    Yesterday, I got a refund on my NA PS4 since MHO was shutted down. I used $28 for only 2 purchases between 8/17 - 10/25 this year before I got the back in $30 (my spending left was $2.18). Anyone else got refund on NA PSN yet?
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,508
    tbt.gif

Agreed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file