Video Game General 5.0: Textures are now $4.99. All dialogue is locked behind a $10 lootbox.

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,279
    Metroid Rumors

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,957
    I'm not saying Bethesda is the worst company ever, I actually enjoyed Fallout 4, but it has a shit load of problems and bugs stil and I'm not gonna sit here say that's ok because Beth too cheap to hire a bigger team to do the job right.

This is where my thought process was going. There's too much talent in the industry for Bethesda to not hire more people/do better QA. Saying that it's okay for a company that practically prints money whenever they release a game to not produce better quality content is wrong.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,319
    drwill439 wrote: »
    I'm not saying Bethesda is the worst company ever, I actually enjoyed Fallout 4, but it has a shit load of problems and bugs stil and I'm not gonna sit here say that's ok because Beth too cheap to hire a bigger team to do the job right.

This is where my thought process was going. There's too much talent in the industry for Bethesda to not hire more people/do better QA. Saying that it's okay for a company that practically prints money whenever they release a game to not produce better quality content is wrong.

so its not ok to continue the course when everyone is happy with the finished result?
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,360
    Chiro wrote: »

so its not ok to continue the course when everyone is happy with the finished result?

Look at http://dontevenreply.com.

No. No it is not. Especially when "everyone" went from millions to a handful of shills on $RK being willing to put up with your bullshit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »

No. No it is not. Especially when "everyone" went from millions to a handful of shills on $RK being willing to put up with your bullshit.

no i won't look at capcom po i was talking about fucking Bethesda for fucks sake shut the hell up.

Fuck them too. As was already pointed out, these fucks make too much money to still be releasing such buggy ass games on launch.

Kiss my black ass... I'll respond to whatever the fuck I please.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

no i won't look at capcom po i was talking about fucking Bethesda for fucks sake shut the hell up.

Fuck them too. As was already pointed out, these fucks make too much money to still be releasing such buggy ass games on launch.

Kiss my black ass... I'll respond to whatever the fuck I please.

Po shut up, no one cares, no one cares what you have to say you one note idiot.
    Also Platinum sucks.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 794
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Bethesda didn't even make New Vegas, Obsidian Entertainment did who were mostly former Interplay employees (devs of the first 2 Fallout games).
    In that case I hope they work on Elder Scrolls VI as I see a lot of unrealized potential there.

P.S. I just remembered that there is a new Psychonauts game in development. I hope there something about it there!
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,952

If everyone was happy with the end result we wouldn't be talking about how buggy Bethesda game are. All through last gen Bethesda games had issues with crashing or freezing. From Oblivion to Skyrim every Beth game I played last gen locked up for dumbass reasons. The biggest problem their games always had was autosave/load time paradox. It happened to me multiple times where I went to open a door to a new area that required a loading screen, the game tried to autosave right as I pushed the button, and then everything stopped because it was trying to save during a load screen. One time I actually didn't restart the game and let it be. It took 3 hours for the game to sort itself out and put me in the next area.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,882
    Skyrim has a glitch where the final claw door wont open. Idk what caused and idk ehat i did to get through it. The final door was glitched and i couldn't open it
    edited May 19
    Most Elder Scroll Bethesda game issues exist on consoles any ways.

Example the PS3 version of Skyrim has a glitch that don't exist anywhere else.
    The longer you play the game the laggier it got. Problem is the game ends up making HUGE ass save files for no reason and those files lag down the whole system.
    It was eventually patched.

The Xbox One version also got a weird issue that does not exist elsewhere.

At least with the PC version you can sidestep many game breaking bugs if you are willing to use console commands.
    Or just reload your previous save.
    Bethesda didn't even make New Vegas, Obsidian Entertainment did who were mostly former Interplay employees (devs of the first 2 Fallout games).
    In that case I hope they work on Elder Scrolls VI as I see a lot of unrealized potential there.
    I strongly doubt that. Obsidian Entertainment was mostly old hat Fallout Devs that worked on the Fallout series before it became a 1st/3rd person shooter and it played more like a dice and paper RPG.
    Former Interplay employees has no desire to work on Elder Scrolls unless they somehow get a job with Bethesda/Zenimax.
    Also at launch New Vegas was the most glitchy, bug filled Fallout game ever. Almost unplayable on consoles when it first launched.

Also Bethesda shown they aren't going to work with Obsidian again, as they had a falling out when dealing with New Vegas bugs.
    Obsidian left Bethesda holding bill for all the bug fixes. Which is also the point where Bethesda decided to abandon the Gameybro engine for good.
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,957
    Most Elder Scroll Bethesda game issues exist on consoles any ways.

My statement still stands, though. There should be better QA despite where the issues lie.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
    It being a console issue doesn't make it ok.

inb4 "that is your punishment for being a console peasant"

That still doesn't work, since the PC versions need community mods to fix issues.
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I dunno. I seen lots of glitches and pretty whack shit in them Bethesda games but I still have only come across one that was "game breaking" I guess. I think it was one of the Fallout games and I got stuck in the ground or something. I couldn't get unstuck and I couldn't fast travel because enemies were about. I had to load an older save. Not that big a deal. /shrug Guess Ive just gotten lucky.

when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Ash to Ash Joined: Posts: 3,251
    How conveniently timed to the conversation:

Prove your justice to society.
    It being a console issue doesn't make it ok.

inb4 "that is your punishment for being a console peasant"
    No, no, its your fault for being a dirty, poor, stupid console peasant :lol:

But seriously

Actually the console versions of games are often suck using the consoles's tools and crap API for different functions.
    Like almost every PS3 game uses Sony's build in game save manager. And it caused alot of unforeseen bugs in many games.

Microsoft with the Xbox is also very unmoving with certain build-into-the-console assets.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,846
    I like you Ges but fuck those Extra Credit assholes.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

What did Extra Credit do to get some much hate?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1skam53

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1skam53

Wow between that and the debacle with the crowdsourcing camping to get a necessary wrist surgery for their artist Allison I lot all respect for Extra Credit.
    I strongly doubt that. Obsidian Entertainment was mostly old hat Fallout Devs that worked on the Fallout series before it became a 1st/3rd person shooter and it played more like a dice and paper RPG.
    Former Interplay employees has no desire to work on Elder Scrolls unless they somehow get a job with Bethesda/Zenimax.
    Also at launch New Vegas was the most glitchy, bug filled Fallout game ever. Almost unplayable on consoles when it first launched.

Also Bethesda shown they aren't going to work with Obsidian again, as they had a falling out when dealing with New Vegas bugs.
    Obsidian left Bethesda holding bill for all the bug fixes. Which is also the point where Bethesda decided to abandon the Gameybro engine for good.
    That's too bad, but at least a single great collaboration was realized unlike in the case of Silent Hills. I also forgot about the God of War in development, which should be pretty Skyrim-ish. Hopefully it is fully realized, works flawlessly on a base PS4, and is not cut up into DLC segments.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,278

That's too bad, but at least a single great collaboration was realized unlike in the case of Silent Hills. I also forgot about the God of War in development, which should be pretty Skyrim-ish. Hopefully it is fully realized, works flawlessly on a base PS4, and is not cut up into DLC segments.

I would not go into God of War expecting it to be Skyrim. You are setting yourself up for dissapointment.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Lol @ new god of war being like skyrim. Have you even seen any of the previews or gameplay for it? It's nothing like skyrim. Wtf are you even talking about
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

edited May 20
    Sonichuman wrote: »

Get your hate boners ready.
    I would not go into God of War expecting it to be Skyrim. You are setting yourself up for dissapointment.
    Lol @ new god of war being like skyrim. Have you even seen any of the previews or gameplay for it? It's nothing like skyrim. Wtf are you even talking about
    Agreed.

I have the God of War series, and I seen the new GoW trailer, Gow and Elder Scrolls have almost nothing in common.

Hoping that they update that later to actuall show what they are doing each day
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,081

I bet it's has witch time
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,937
    Davidstar wrote: »

I bet it's has witch time

On Normal difficulty :coffee:

With it being 'formless and shapeless' maybe its based on Bruce Lee or some kind of martial arts Chinese fantasy type game.

*kreygasm*
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424

Get your hate boners ready.

But I like Platinum.
    edited May 20
    The Scandanavian mountains and forests with references to Norse mythology, which serve as Skyrim's setting. There is a reason that I never mentioned Elder Scrolls in that context and that is the series has an archaic gameplay design. Fortunately, God of War will not have that problem.
    edited May 21
    The Scandanavian mountains and forests with references to Norse mythology, which serve as Skyrim's setting. There is a reason that I never mentioned Elder Scrolls in that context and that is the series has an archaic gameplay design. Fortunately, God of War will not have that problem.

Lol. Skyrim had more in common with morrowin and oblivion (even Fallout 4) than any game in a pusdo-Norse setting. God of war plays nothing like any of the Elder Scroll games.

Gow is the first game that I think does quick time events right.
    Skyrim is very much a 3rd person rpg while GOW is just hack and slash with quick time event boss battles.
    Post edited by Darksakul on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file