Video Game General 5.0: This thread is the MOST ULTIMATE THREAD!!! Other threads are sexist!!

Comments

• ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,155
    i get everyone is complaing about Battlefront 2 being pay 2 win but more important that that, WHY THE FUCK IS R1+L1 USED FOR THE 3RD ABILITY?! there are other fucking buttons you can use before having to resort to this crap.

nope fuck this game, 0/10 - IGN

no but seriously the game kind of sucks. i think im going to just wait for the next Battlefield game.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,504
    Hitting two shoulder buttons and praying the game reads your input correctly is too hard.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,263
    What about BF2 is "pay to win"?
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,642
    my GOTY are Nier, Hellblade, and Dead Cells.
    tho i wouldve liked to play gravity rush 2 and horizon 0 dawn but i dont own consoles. just pc
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,006
    StockyJam wrote: »
    my GOTY are Nier, Hellblade, and Dead Cells.
    tho i wouldve liked to play gravity rush 2 and horizon 0 dawn but i dont own consoles. just pc

How was hellblade?
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,155
    Hitting two buttons is too hard now?

its not hard its just stupid.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,308
    Monster Hunter Stories has been the only game this year that has totally pulled me away from Injustice. Even when I was enamored with Doom and Tekken, I was still taking breaks to hit up some Ranked. But I haven't even touched Lord Raiden. This game seriously came out of nowhere.

I haven't done a damn thing else since the game came out. No Destiny 2, no MvCI.... Just this one game. So much shit to do.

Can't wait for Monster Hunter World to come out. I'll probably cease to exist on this plain when that drops.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,386
    I Hate being at work right now. Amazon just notified me that my Mario and Luigi superstar saga has been delivered.

I still have 4 more hours of work.

Fuuuuuuck
    Relax, 4 more hours is not that bad.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Who all has Warframe on PC at the moment? The console version isn't getting the update until November.
    In-game name's same as SteamID on sig.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,611
    Chiro wrote: »
    Hitting two buttons is too hard now?

its not hard its just stupid.
    Meh.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sheeeeeit, for me the most likely game of the year will be Shadow of War next week. Oh yeah it's not even out yet but I'm 99% sure on this already.

That new Zelda was definitely in the running, but sadly I also eventually stopped playing it... I'll get back on it someday.

*And of course the choice many others might think is just silly---but Gears of War 4.... even despite the flaws of Horde mode... I still enjoyed playing the hell out of that....and once again, the regular story mode was like playing a big-time Hollywood action movie where the player gets to be the hero that's saving the day, complete with witty remarks to his buddies during so many intense shootouts and other action set-pieces. (+bonus points for Laura Bailey's ridiculously hot voice talent being in there as Kait.)

*Laura happens to be in Shadow of War too, btw.... I just found that out when checking her imdb page again http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1154161/
    @Black_Jaguar

Did you notice that the animations for the Kinship Attacks change based on the monster's element? My Gold Rathian fires a Water Bomb instead of a Fireball before it does the most powerful backflip of all time. It's soooo sick.

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,146
    Yeeeesss finally home. Time to play one of my favorite RPGs ever and my favorite gba game.

<3
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    edited October 7
    i get everyone is complaing about Battlefront 2 being pay 2 win but more important that that, WHY THE FUCK IS R1+L1 USED FOR THE 3RD ABILITY?! there are other fucking buttons you can use before having to resort to this crap.

no but seriously the game kind of sucks. i think im going to just wait for the next Battlefield game.

it's to stop people enjoying remote play. it seems to be a trend. can't play certain games in remote play because they wont allow switchikng L2R2 with L1R1, plenty of games allow this switch

just realized your talking about something else. my point is pretty serious though
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,531
    Yakuza 0 is too good.
    I can't believe after playing it through hard the first time and wasting 100+ hours on that shit, I've learned mahjong in the meantime and am on my second playthrough on the highest difficulty farming that hard as fuck to get platinum trophy for that fucking game just to have an excuse to play it even more.

When my internet provider stops fucking up I'll stream it, just so I can play that game once more.
    Shit's too good. Played Kiwami and Yakuza 2 on PS2, too and am in the middle of Y3 but fuck those games cuz Y0 is the shit.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,893
    Warframe doesn't get the Plains until November??? Ah well, in it's current state it's still better than 98% of shooters you pay 60 bucks for. I have to get back to building Nekros Prime, but those goddamn Nitain Extracts...
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
    Get the warframe alert app for those nitain. :tup:
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,730
    Still haven't gotten past the funeral in Kiwami. Some people said it was a better idea to play 0 first because memes that they added to the former, but I dunno. Game didn't feel as fun as I was expecting after all these years of wanting to play this series from the first game.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,765 mod
    edited October 7
    Y'all got good game of the year candidates... but none of them are Sonic Mania.
    This just might be GOTY right here....

kSsTJ1E.jpg
    VKfkroP.jpg

This week's (free) DLC has allowed me to go even further beyond.

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,818
    d3v wrote: »

Because it's not GOTY material :coffee:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Strider
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,932

I reeeeally wanna disagree with you....but I can't if I'm trying to be objective.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,531
    Leon63 wrote: »
    Still haven't gotten past the funeral in Kiwami. Some people said it was a better idea to play 0 first because memes that they added to the former, but I dunno. Game didn't feel as fun as I was expecting after all these years of wanting to play this series from the first game.

Kiwami is just a light expansion pack with a shitty story.
    Y0 is where it's at, though I wouldn't recommend getting Y0 if you dislike Kiwami, it's just more of the same just with much cooler characters.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,893
    Eskills wrote: »
    Get the warframe alert app for those nitain. :tup:

Speak of the devil, I just got an alert for some right now...
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,333
    Much of the games i wanted to play are slowly releasing relatively soon but Divinity OS 2 might take game of the year for me by a pretty large margin even then, it's been a long time a game exceeded my expectations.

Nier's alright, Nioh i need to go through the DLC but without it's decent with good potential. Horizon all the way at the bottom for me, some of the worst enemy variety i've seen in a long time from a AAA game and almost immediately have near endgame weapons as soon as you reach the first city. Was a 'fun in the beginning kind of game' for me.

Yakuza 0 is solid af.
    Ki Shima wrote: »

it's to stop people enjoying remote play. it seems to be a trend. can't play certain games in remote play because they wont allow switchikng L2R2 with L1R1, plenty of games allow this switch

just realized your talking about something else. my point is pretty serious though

Why would you play Online Battlefront 2 via remote play? (or any Online for that matter)
    The lag from the remote play would be unbearable.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,907
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Sonichuman wrote: »

I reeeeally wanna disagree with you....but I can't if I'm trying to be objective.

I can.

Sonic Mania should be on the short list of GOTY candidates for performing the miracle that is putting out a great Sonic game in modern times.

The irony that it took using design philosophies from 1995 to do it should not be lost on anyone.

Now it's time for Sonic Forces to undo all that good will...

It's not irony. Sonic should've never left 2D. As much as I enjoy the Adventure games, it's pretty easy to say that Sonic would've been in a much better place had they never existed. Some games could afford to branch out, Sonic was never one of them. Sure, Generations and Colors were fine...but ultimately Sonic's home will forever be 2D and nothing else.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Sonic adventure 2 is the best sonic game. Fight me.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,046
    Yeeeesss finally home. Time to play one of my favorite RPGs ever and my favorite gba game.

<3
    Oh man, it's already out?

Gonna finally cave in and get a 2DS with the next paycheck. Loved the original game.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    If you don't think Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden was the best thing to ever happen to Sonic, I don't know what to tell you

The best thing to happen to Sonic having noting to do with collecting rings and going fast...

The age gap has never been more apparent.

I'll never understand you kids and your DLC, Lootboxes, Monster Hunting, and Ryus that look like a roided up gorilla covered in ink...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Saitsu wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Sonichuman wrote: »

I can.

Sonic Mania should be on the short list of GOTY candidates for performing the miracle that is putting out a great Sonic game in modern times.

The irony that it took using design philosophies from 1995 to do it should not be lost on anyone.

Now it's time for Sonic Forces to undo all that good will...

It's not irony. Sonic should've never left 2D. As much as I enjoy the Adventure games, it's pretty easy to say that Sonic would've been in a much better place had they never existed. Some games could afford to branch out, Sonic was never one of them. Sure, Generations and Colors were fine...but ultimately Sonic's home will forever be 2D and nothing else.

The truth as been spoken.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Enigmatic Gale Joined: Posts: 3,237
    owattjacob wrote: »
    Much of the games i wanted to play are slowly releasing relatively soon but Divinity OS 2 might take game of the year for me by a pretty large margin even then, it's been a long time a game exceeded my expectations.

Quoting this just so that D:OS 2 shows up more in the thread.
    Prove your justice to society.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,907
    If you don't think Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden was the best thing to ever happen to Sonic, I don't know what to tell you

If the best thing to happen to a franchise is something that is essentially unrelated to the franchise's main gameplay...that should tell you something right there.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega

If the best thing to happen to a franchise is something that is essentially unrelated to the franchise's main gameplay...that should tell you something right there.

Sonic Adventure was was a nice tech demo for a new console, but the gameplay was meh at best and at worst (Big the Cat) was just plain awful.

Chao Garden statement is like something Affinity would say. Everything that came Adventures 2 was just garbage.
    And the only good thing about sonic that came out after Sonic 3 & Knuckles but before Mania was strangely the Cartoon show for Sonic Boom.

All people want out of Sonic is a copy/paste of the original games with better visuals anyway, so fuck it.