Video Game General 5.0: This thread is the MOST ULTIMATE THREAD!!! Other threads are sexist!!

Comments

• DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 436
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    Part of the 0.1% :cool:

HNc2ES2.jpg

Man someone skipped all of their meals and holidays for that shit.
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,459
    i finished Tales of Hearts R, really enjoyed the hell outta that game. I do feel the last maybe quarter of the game was kinda dragged out though. there were two parts in particular that i felt could've been left out. but really enjoyed the story and cast a lot.

I will say one thing, the 2 jrpgs i finished this year both did not have random encounters, this one day, and boy did i miss the option of fighting when you want. Lol.

my biggest gripe with this game would prob be the soundtrack is kinda weak battle theme wise but yeah good game. I'm looking at Vesperia next, but dont know if i wanna bother getting another 360 controller at the moment, probably will though
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,610
    edited October 12
    Hey does Yooka-Laylee have a physical release on PS4?

It's a little weird, not a big fan of RARE or the Banjo games but it occurs to me I havent played a 3D platforming collect-a-thon since Sly 4...So was thinking of getting Yooka-Laylee.

Really miss that genre, only Mario really carrying the torch anymore.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 12
    sheeeeit, Cuphead, man...

I finally beat that "Beppi the Clown" at the carnival area. I've been fighting this bastard for probably the past hour, dying over and over again for centuries. There's so much you have to dodge in this game it is insane. Typical boss in this game is like "here, dodge these 2,308 things while avoiding me too." ...and you're dealing with 3 HP, folks. Three. :lol: You can get an extra HP but that lessens damage you're dealing.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,610
    Try Touhou Million, you get to dodge a bajillion things and you only have 1 HP Lmao.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    aha...there's a powerup where you can get 2 extra hit points so you have 5 total... but that probably weakens him even further, I bet....and that's a problem for me in any game, really... I usually don't like sacrificing damage for anything.

Meanwhile, in Shadow of War... Shelob in human female form, folks :wow: That fine pale white ass would get so RAVAGED.... such prime, succulent white meat there :sweat:
    edited October 12
    ExposedD wrote: »
    Hype lvl off de chartz

I'm about to kill your hype...know why?:
    tumblr_mo04oadzIP1qasdemo1_r1_500.gif
    Niggas bout to die this Friday....Jason is literally chilling outside Gamestop this Friday...I'm fucking staying inside and posting with you guys...fck that
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,153
    edited October 12
    Try Touhou Million, you get to dodge a bajillion things and you only have 1 HP Lmao.

That reminds me I never did get into Bullet Hell games like I wanted to at the beginning of the year. Binding of Isaac is great but it's not scratching that itch infact the bullet hell sections i find much easeier just because it's a pattern and not all random bullshit.

Looking at Danmaku on iOS it's got good reviews and no in-game app purchases which I can see being a real problem for that genre. dam looking at pics I can tell it's going to murder my battery.
  • SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,193

It's a little weird, not a big fan of RARE or the Banjo games but it occurs to me I havent played a 3D platforming collect-a-thon since Sly 4...So was thinking of getting Yooka-Laylee.

Yeah. It was published by Team17 though, so it *might* be a bit hard to find now. I could be completely wrong and GameStop is swimming with copies. :lol:

I was just playing it the other night, actually. I like it though I'm not sure if you would if you didn't like the Banjo games. The game does give you a real sense of exploration, the sound and music overall is really good, the animations are great and the graphics are amazing. The game has a lot of charm too.

yooka-laylee-gif.gif?w=760

^ One of the idle animations in the game. :cool:
    Nah the one for OG DS

300px-YI2boxart.jpg

I didn't finish it but it's really, really similar to the original Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story on N64. If you like those games you'd like the DS one, it's mostly more of the same.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,452
    Chiro wrote: »

That reminds me I never did get into Bullet Hell games like I wanted to at the beginning of the year. Binding of Isaac is great but it's not scratching that itch infact the bullet hell sections i find much easeier just because it's a pattern and not all random bullshit.

Looking at Danmaku on iOS it's got good reviews and no in-game app purchases which I can see being a real problem for that genre. dam looking at pics I can tell it's going to murder my battery.

Get Crimzon Clover. It can run on a toaster, and you can usually find it for about $2.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,897
    edited October 12
    Is the SNES classic still hard to find with low supply like the NES one?

Apparently a Gameboy Classic might be coming too...
    I've already given up on any SNES classic plans... it seems too many people jumped on that shit too fast. I haven't seen one anywhere, and I don't have hope at this point.

*I thought that Azure Striker game for Switch was supposed to get a physical version, but I still don't see it anywhere...

*I went on to beat the green dragon in Cuphead late last night; that took a while too, even though Dragon's pattern's look like they should be so much easier to avoid than most other bosses I've seen. I've checked the well---yeahhh I'm over 100 deaths at this point.

*sheeeit... messing around in Shadow of War again... for a moment I imagined how great an Elder Scrolls game would be with this style of combat, but surprisingly.....nope....the Dragon's Dogma or Kingdoms of Amalur style would be more fitting since they are also an easier fit for magic-wielding characters. Anyway, I won't be getting tired of this game anytime soon. That satisfaction when you kill an orc captain or warchief that killed you earlier...or one that managed to escape your assassination attempt earlier... it's delicious. Fortunately I made a short clip of killing my first nemesis in the game, so I can enjoy watching that chump get cut in half over and over again.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PERFECT HATRED/video/37737457
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,382

Game Stop has it listed under Pre-owned.
    https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/yooka-laylee/139819?cid=fds_10000777&CAWELAID=120192760000093538&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=14803867802&CATCI=aud-84786933602:pla-293285533619&CATARGETID=120192760000098569&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccN0Z7Plkpc_P8d6kLwQ7mslnhz91BPR-SUvvUYYOhjw4zzPh-OLBLVhoCil8QAvD_BwE
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    If you like 3d platformers/advrnture games a super slept on game to try out is recore
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,459
    S00perCam wrote: »
    If you like 3d platformers/advrnture games a super slept on game to try out is recore

I can second that, my only issue with the game was the end game grind, but tbh i only had to grind because i missed a lot of cores by not using the dog bot to sniff some out during my playthrough.

Should def be worth it now since they actually finished the damn game. The vanilla version clearly feels like something is missing, none the less the dungeons in it and etc are very fun
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,342
    With the talk about "not banjoo kazoi" I just remembered that i still don't have the physical copy of SkullGirls, it was going to be released on January this year :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,153
    Chiro wrote: »

Get Crimzon Clover. It can run on a toaster, and you can usually find it for about $2.

Unfortunately my laptop starts feeling like a toaster if it tries to play any type of game. one of these days I need to just get a screwdriver, can of air spray, cotton swabs, and just clean all of the fans for all my systems. hell the only reason I'm not playing Ikaruga right now is because my 360 sounds like a jet taking off and now my PS4 is starting to follow suit.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,296
    Hecatom wrote: »
    With the talk about "not banjoo kazoi" I just remembered that i still don't have the physical copy of SkullGirls, it was going to be released on January this year :rofl:

I just remembered too. The last update I received was in August.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,930
    edited October 12
    Why do i think that this new NFS will be also ass like the previous one?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    While do i think that this new NFS will be also ass like the previous one?

Because they don't try anymore they just hope name value sells.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,472 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jae hoon wrote: »
    While do i think that this new NFS will be also ass like the previous one?

Because they don't try anymore they just hope name value sells.

Sounds like a looooooooooot of games.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,425
    Did anyone end up getting Samurai Shodown 5 Special when it came out on PS4 and Vita a couple weeks ago? Amazing game, easily the best Samsho game from a competitive standpoint. The gameplay is a bit deeper than the others but it's still a game you could pick up and play and do reasonably well.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,061
    edited October 12

If you got it through limited run they will begin shipping on the 16th
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Davidstar wrote: »

If you got it through limited run they will begin shipping on the 16th

Of this month?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    S00perCam wrote: »

I can second that, my only issue with the game was the end game grind, but tbh i only had to grind because i missed a lot of cores by not using the dog bot to sniff some out during my playthrough.

Should def be worth it now since they actually finished the damn game. The vanilla version clearly feels like something is missing, none the less the dungeons in it and etc are very fun

I feel the overall game suffered because they thought from a marketing standpoint they would have to compete with horizon zero dawn. Redhead female protagonist in a apocalyptic setting befriending robo animals. Really it was a rock and a hard place situation. It was either rush it out and hope it catches or polish it wait till one x drops and be called a copycat.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,097
    @Phantom Angel what are some OP builds you're running? Dude I crushed the main story no problem, but post game I hit a WALL. I'm getting fucked up left and right.

What I've been running for the longest time was a Brute Tigrex with Rock Shield and Dash Combo. I'd boost his attack and defense then spam the Hunting Horn skill that extends status buffs. It just barely got me through the Molten Tigrex fight, but only after like 6 tries and a ton of luck. What monsters/armors/skills should I look out for?
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,307
    edited October 12
    What are some OP builds you're running? Dude I crushed the main story no problem, but post game I hit a WALL. I'm getting fucked up left and right.

What I've been running for the longest time was a Brute Tigrex with Rock Shield and Dash Combo. I'd boost his attack and defense then spam the Hunting Horn skill that extends status buffs. It just barely got me through the Molten Tigrex fight, but only after like 6 tries and a ton of luck. What monsters/armors/skills should I look out for?

-Stygian Zinogre w/ Tenacity, Dancer, Dragon Boost L, Quick L, Dragon Aura, Negate Blastblight, and Spread Dragon Breath

I'm missing some genes and bingos, but this is the best Monstie in the game hands down. The damage is just... OMFG

-Seregios (Ice) w/ Evasion L, All Status Rate+ M, Power Resist M, Bleed Rate+ S, Tech Boost M, Negate Skillseal, and Ice Cyclone

-Gold Rathian (Water) w/ Might L, Poison Rate+ L, Speed Boost M, All-Elem Boost L, Negate Poison, and Negate Blastblight

I have to add more poison moves to this thing, but there really aren't any good Water genes or abilities to work with

-Silver Rathalos w/ Might L, Power Boost L, Extend Burn L, All-Elem Boost L, Dragon Boost L, Extend Poison L, and Dancer

I also have an Ivory Lagiacrus and a Magma Tigrex, but they're nothing to go crazy over right now. My Rider is wearing High Rank Lv3 Silver Sol armor that gives Fire Boost L and Critical M, the Teostra SnS that does Fire Damage and Blast, with a charm that gives Self-Heal and Dancer.

There's nothing in the game right now that poses a threat other than maybe the last part of the tower and Fatalis. We should do some PvP sometime so you can see the broken shit I got going on.

You're going to want to look out for the skills that boost your main elemental damage, Skillseal immunity, and Dancer. Tenacity is always good to have, as well as Might L and Evasion L. Other than the obvious universal stuff, the skills your going to want will vary based on your Monstie's build. If you can, teach them skills that beat the type they're weak to. Like, a power skill for a speed Monstie. That's so you can stop them from getting bodied in HtH's. Armor is dependant on the weapon your using (for boosts) and the monster you're fighting. Magma Tigrex, Silver Rathalos, Gold Rathian, Deviljho, and Black Belt are all top tier. Get a Stygian Zinogre, the Metal Raths, and Deviljho. You already have Molten Tigrex.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Awesome. I already have a Deviljho and Stygian. Just gotta start farming for these skills I guess.
    edited October 12
    It took me so long to find Deviljho eggs... I didn't realize that there were High Rank Rare Dens as well.

Use this to make finding the genes easier: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/146555-monster-hunter-stories/75773648

I read high rank dens are a waste of time unless you need +materials. I've done a bunch of them and a couple netted me a Velocidrome with just 3 skill slots
    *ahem*<affinity mode>
    UFC IS THE MOSTEST ULTIMATEST, AWESOMESTEST ULIMATE GAME of the new CENTURY new HOTNESS!! MOST BESTEST REALISTICEST FIGHTINGEST FIGHTING than ANYONE has seen before!!!!!!!

</affinity mode>

I think I need to pray.
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,006
    Warframe 4th most streamed on twitch pending new update. Get in on this shit now peeps.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    I read high rank dens are a waste of time unless you need +materials. I've done a bunch of them and a couple netted me a Velocidrome with just 3 skill slots

Yea, they have high rank monsters and materials, but the eggs are regular. Only rare dens give you the good shit.

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,808
    Eskills wrote: »
    Warframe 4th most streamed on twitch pending new update. Get in on this shit now peeps.

...that makes me more concerned than excited.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,431
    *ahem*<affinity mode>
    UFC IS THE MOSTEST ULTIMATEST, AWESOMESTEST ULIMATE GAME of the new CENTURY new HOTNESS!! MOST BESTEST REALISTICEST FIGHTINGEST FIGHTING than ANYONE has seen before!!!!!!!

</affinity mode>

that gif needs to be cut up into edits. Guitar strumming, dabs, Jojo meme, everything
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,930
    Injustice 2 Creative Director discusses possibility of Switch version
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/12/injustice-2-creative-director-discusses-possibility-of-switch-version?abthid=59dffc1282c904655f000016

Says that the game would have to make some compromises if it was done. It would have to be made on a device that is portable so this is a duh. This didn't stop you guys from putting Injustice or MK on the Vita lol.

Dragon Age Creative Mike Laidlaw leaves Bioware
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/12/dragon-age-creative-director-mike-laidlaw-leaves-bioware

Zelda inspired game Oceanhorn gets a Switch Demo
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/12/zelda-inspired-oceanhorn-gets-demo-on-switch-today

ESRB Does not consider Loot Boxes Cheating
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/12/esrb-does-not-consider-loot-boxes-to-be-gambling