Video Game General 5.0: This thread is the MOST ULTIMATE THREAD!!! Other threads are sexist!!

Comments

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,014
    Eskills wrote: »
    Warframe 4th most streamed on twitch pending new update. Get in on this shit now peeps.

...that makes me more concerned than excited.

Why? You can be a fucking space ninja!
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,664
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    Did anyone end up getting Samurai Shodown 5 Special when it came out on PS4 and Vita a couple weeks ago? Amazing game, easily the best Samsho game from a competitive standpoint. The gameplay is a bit deeper than the others but it's still a game you could pick up and play and do reasonably well.

Have you tried online? I'm wondering if SNK stepped it in their online connections?
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,824
    Warframe 4th most streamed on twitch pending new update. Get in on this shit now peeps.

Being that popular on Twitch seems to have some correlation to not being that good.

PUBG, Hearthstone, League of Legends, etc...
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Strider
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,933
    I'm probably late on this guy but he has me dying over his broadcast commentary for madden glitches
    http://dailysnark.com/27775-2/
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,271
    edited October 13
    Actually, so far, Warframe (aside from server issues due to shit ton of people, lol), the update is fine.
    They did change some key things around, and I've yet to figure out what you must do to get your damn Archwing to be usable in combat, but DAMN the plains are gorgeous as hell.
    Though at the moment, it's a bit dry as to pointing and telling the player on where to go first, so this time around it's purely exploration/trial and error. That and bounties and random open mission pop-ups can happen, so there's that.

Oh, and nighttime increases the challenge. I wouldn't recommend going into the area at night with low-level gear of any sort.

Additional note: So far cheesing through the daytime stuff with Titania. Going into Razorwing is pretty much mini high-powered Archwing, and still getting achievement points from using an 'archwing' on ground enemies.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,365
    Femto wrote: »
    Did anyone end up getting Samurai Shodown 5 Special when it came out on PS4 and Vita a couple weeks ago? Amazing game, easily the best Samsho game from a competitive standpoint. The gameplay is a bit deeper than the others but it's still a game you could pick up and play and do reasonably well.

Have you tried online? I'm wondering if SNK stepped it in their online connections?
    affinity wrote: »
    SSV Special is so outstanding on playstation platforms!! Some people have epic connection speeds

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bNMufM0vvgY
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Being that popular on Twitch seems to have some correlation to not being that good.

Whoa now, don't talk shit bout League.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,824
    edited October 13

Can I talk shit about its community at least? :razz:
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Strider
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Can I talk shit about its community at least? :razz:

Hell yeah, I talk shit bout the community all the time.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 721
    edited October 13
    I respectfully disagree. It is weird as hell. The button layout is odd since unlike any other it has dodge mapped to a single button. Throws are kind of useless. There is hardly any hitstun. Animations and movement feel extremely choppy. I would honestly rather play Samurai Shodown II or IV.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,511
    I respectfully disagree. It is weird as hell. The button layout is odd since unlike any other it has dodge mapped to a single button. Throws are kind of useless. There is hardly any hitstun. Animations and movement feel extremely choppy. I would honestly rather play Samurai Shodown II or IV.

Git gud.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,893
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Why do i think that this new NFS will be also ass like the previous one?

NFS reboot was good. As close as we're ever gonna get to U3. Now they want to turn it into Fast and Furious.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,737
    I wish Need For Speed and Burnout were seperate properties again and not the freakish amalgamation that makes up the modern Need For Speed franchise, which doesn't deliver what I want from either Burnout or Need For Speed.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,396

Fuck em.

Don't like it, Fight me.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,312
    edited October 13
    I wish Need For Speed and Burnout were seperate properties again and not the freakish amalgamation that makes up the modern Need For Speed franchise, which doesn't deliver what I want from either Burnout or Need For Speed.

Criterion fucked it up.
    ShogunZ wrote: »

NFS reboot was good. As close as we're ever gonna get to U3. Now they want to turn it into Fast and Furious.

If I don't hear Ying Yang Twins the next time I turn on a NFS game, I'm immediately shutting off the console.

Edit: And OMFG bring back Drag Racing
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    Bring back Midnight Club.

We need more Big Tymers songs...

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,611
    edited October 13

Criterion fucked it up.
    No EA fucked it up making Criterion make NFS games instead of sticking to their bnb Burnout.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,312
    MC3 had the fucking Batmobile. They don't make em like they used to... I never liked MC as much as NFS, tho. It was something about the physics IIRC.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    NFS used to be GOAT, but we'll never get Underground levels of good ever again.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Just going to clarify more on this since it's an important point of discussion and so people don't just go off on the ESRB without knowing the full details. The ESRB can't define what is gambling, only a gambling commission can.
    http://wccftech.com/pegi-loot-boxes-cant-define-gambling/
    Basically if people want to change regulations regarding loot boxes to be considered as gambling they're going to need to get gambling commissions involved.
    Best case scenario if they get involved is loot boxes do become considered as a form of gambling and thus must follow regulations. Worst case scenario is it's a Pachinko case and it's form allows it to bypass gambling regulations.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,893
    The last NFS featured a very good OST. It had 2 Run The Jewels tracks.

Underground 2 had such a shit soundtrack. Snoop Dogg featuring The Doors?? Nigga why?
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 13
    huh... well that's silly... I noticed when looking through the gamerpics section that there is an "upload custom image" option... so I went on the net saving pics to finally change my gamerpic ('cause no way in the world was I going to pay for a tiny jpg; I'm still surprised that shit costed money back in the day)... so I went to change it and---no pictures in the file explorer. It turns out that saving from Xbox 1 online just saves it to an apparent cloud storage thing on Bing..? So...the pics are saved as yours but they aren't *really* there on the console as yours..so you cannot upload them, I guess since they aren't there locally on the file explorer thing. Apparently you'd still have to use a usb drive to do this so whatever, man....goddman that was just something that should've taken what, 2 minutes? That's almost some Nintendo-level foolishness there. Fuck that, I'll just stick with the same gamerpic then.

..heh, and they never update that section, btw... the gamerpics there are the same shit that's been there since X1 launch...with the exception of a few Gears 4 images. 99% of those gamerpics are ugly crap, btw.

*edit--and speaking of them.. I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo will be the same way with NEVER updating the selection of avatar images. It's been the same since day 1...and similar to X1's selection...most of them are crap.

sheeeit, enough of that rambling... time for more Orc-killing in Middle Earth then...another cool thing there is that yeah--sometimes it clearly shows you've killed one...and the dude STILL manages to come back later for his revenge. It wouldn't surprise me if my buddy "Ogg the Lucky Shot" somehow manages to come back, even though I cut him in half yesterday.
    Ah fuck. Warframe they immediately did a hotfix that made the Grineer dropships actually need big guns to blow outta the sky.
    Oh... and they upped the number of the bastards that come after you on missions by like, 10 fold. If you're doing it solo, you best have one of the trickier/stealthier frames or one with a ton of CC. They send damn near everything at you.
    Fuck those Nox bastards.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,396
    edited October 13
    Million wrote: »
    huh... well that's silly... I noticed when looking through the gamerpics section that there is an "upload custom image" option... so I went on the net saving pics to finally change my gamerpic ('cause no way in the world was I going to pay for a tiny jpg; I'm still surprised that shit costed money back in the day)... so I went to change it and---no pictures in the file explorer. It turns out that saving from Xbox 1 online just saves it to an apparent cloud storage thing on Bing..? So...the pics are saved as yours but they aren't *really* there on the console as yours..so you cannot upload them, I guess since they aren't there locally on the file explorer thing. Apparently you'd still have to use a usb drive to do this so whatever, man....goddman that was just something that should've taken what, 2 minutes? That's almost some Nintendo-level foolishness there. Fuck that, I'll just stick with the same gamerpic then.

..heh, and they never update that section, btw... the gamerpics there are the same shit that's been there since X1 launch...with the exception of a few Gears 4 images. 99% of those gamerpics are ugly crap, btw.
    I remember you had to pay for every fucking thing on XBLA, anything free is either rare, so lame it wasn't worth it or some promotion for something.

Yeah, hence I said fuck you to Microsoft. Like I didn't update my Xbox 360 in a while, they want to lock me out of my paid for XBLA download games I paid for till I updated the firmware and log into their shit service.
    If they ever put Radiant Silver Gun and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram on Steam, I will gladly get rid of the Xbox. As everything else I care about on that machine is already on steam as well.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
    More messing around with the Warframe expansion.

The new questline's short and easy. Meant for lowbies and newbies and gives blueprint to the new frame. Rest of bounties has you having a chance for a part, though said bounties are multi-part missions (as in, you fail one part, gotta start over, lol).
    Quest itself, like said, is easy as hell, and gives decent intro on what to expect.
    Unless if you wanna fly around on your Archwing... gotta be part of a Clan to have that thing researched before you can get your own ground launcher thingy.

Also, the stealth kill animation for the damn blade-and-whips is hilarious... you Scorpion people to death (kick the victim away, toss the blade at em before they fly off too far and yank em back to your feet, plenty dead).
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,664
    Darksakul wrote: »

I remember you had to pay for every fucking thing on XBLA, anything free is either rare, so lame it wasn't worth it or some promotion for something.

Yeah, hence I said fuck you to Microsoft. Like I didn't update my Xbox 360 in a while, they want to lock me out of my paid for XBLA download games I paid for till I updated the firmware and log into their shit service.
    If they ever put Radiant Silver Gun and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram on Steam, I will gladly get rid of the Xbox. As everything else I care about on that machine is already on steam as well.

Don't hold your breath on Radiant Silvergun. All the Treasure remasters and sequels, sans Ikaruga, were paid for by MS.

It's the only reason to keep the 360 around.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,103
    Got that last Switch boiiiiiss
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,103
    The Switch is way smalled than I expected it to be. I've seen plenty of hands on videod, but holding one in person is pretty weird. I didn't get any games for it yet, just preordered Mario Odyssey. Figured I needed to snatch a Switch up now before that game made the thing even harder to find
    Well there we go... Shadow of War--- my first nemesis did manage to come back.. all patched up with mechanical parts now, calling himself "Ogg the Machine". He's Legendary status at this point.

I advanced the story more...had to see my honeydip Shelob again. :sweat: There's some famous actress she looks like in that human form but I can't remember the name... ah, it's kind of a mixture of Adrianne Curry and Cate Blanchett there... whatever the case the result is ridiculously gorgeous.
    ShogunZ wrote: »

NFS reboot was good.

mXyupD1.gif

...also, NFS' soundtrack has been garbage since at least Underground. Unless it's the police chase themes from Most Wanted onwards, need to keep the music muted or I'll end up stabbing my own ear drums :anguished:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    cheh, so I finally went thru the small hassle of finding a usb drive (haven't used those things in quite some time) for uploading a custom gamerpic... then the shit is picky because it has to be 1080 x 1080 or you can't even upload it. Ok whatever... it's just 1 little annoying thing after another with this.... oh and you can't even adjust the picture that much..you can move it *slightly* to the left or right or *slightly* zoom in our out.... by a few pixels it seems. Oddly enough after all this I eventually decided to stay with my current pic... I only changed the pic on my alternate account... so that one is now Alucard from Hellsing (probably the most badass vampire ever.).

Well, at least this is better than the silly idea of actually spending money on tiny jpgs as your avatar.... of course I doubt Nintendo would ever follow suit and allow for custom avatars.

...speaking of the character-avatars...the ones from 360.... I guess those went by the wayside... haha I haven't even looked at my character "avatar" in years, man. Most people probably forgot those were a thing. MS themselves probably forgot about them at this point. One or 2 on my friendlist still have their avatar character as their gamerpic though....most people went back to using the little pictures, even though the default selection on X1 is pathetic.

*time for more Shadow of War--- yes, I think I will actually turn my old "buddy" Ogg the Machine once I get the chance, assuming he survives any battle we have in the near future. Then again... he's a Legend at this point so I could get some legendary loot if I manage to kill him now.... decisions, decisions....
  • SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,195

"While a lot of reviewers are saying the game is open-world, I find the level design to be more similar to something like the original Silent Hill."

giphy.gif

I watched two minutes of the video, saw a spoiler(though it was a nice spoiler that referenced the first game) then after that I minimized the video and just listened to the audio. :lol:

Criterion fucked it up.
    No EA fucked it up making Criterion make NFS games instead of sticking to their bnb Burnout.

The Criterion NFS games still managed to be more fun than the NFS games Black Box and Ghost Games put out last-gen.

Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted > NFS: Undercover and the Run and they were both more fun than NFS: Rivals and the "reboot." I haven't been able to get into the NFS titles by Ghost Games at all.
    ...speaking of the character-avatars...the ones from 360.... I guess those went by the wayside... haha I haven't even looked at my character "avatar" in years, man. Most people probably forgot those were a thing. MS themselves probably forgot about them at this point. One or 2 on my friendlist still have their avatar character as their gamerpic though....most people went back to using the little pictures, even though the default selection on X1 is pathetic.
    Console avatars seem to have been a trend from last gen that's fallen by the wayside, even Mii's have sort of faded into the background on the Switch. The only game I can think about that really uses them is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which is a Wii-U port.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,737

Does that mean SMT HD is gonna have an even grander anniversary edition?
    Dunno why they would go all out for a 3DS remake of a DS game unless it's the last SMT on 3DS and they are preparing
    to make consoles the home of next generation SMT.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    @million bro just use the Xbox app on your phone I haven't had to deal with any of the fuckery mentioned in that word wall
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    whoah... just remembered while cleaning a few things up... WiiU had a cradle sort of thing that apparently came with the system.... and it fits the Switch perfectly. All this time I had a much better option to use as a system stand and didn't realize/remember it until today! Well, good thing I never bought one of the other 3rd party ones out there then..... so for all 42 of ya out there that have a WiiU and got the Switch now... there's your system-stand option right there.

*gamerpic saga continues--- I don't have the xbox app on my phone... I was, perhaps unfortunately....gifted an iPhone a few years ago, and I'm not sure the app is available on that...? I have several usb thumbdrives that work though. There's a decent picture of Pinhead from Hellraiser that I might be using as my new custom pic....either that or Hellsing Alucard.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    My homie has the app on his iPhone
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,365
    edited October 13

Criterion fucked it up.

Drink Bleach :coffee:
    Both NFS HP2010 and NFS MW 2012 are easily the best games on the series in years, not to mention the closests to the roots of the series.
    Nothing about that crap of dumb story modes that add nothing to the games.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    NFS used to be GOAT, but we'll never get Underground levels of good ever again.

While i liked some of the tuner games, imo it was this shit that ultimately derailed the series.
    NFS is at its best when it lets you race with exotic cars and the like.
    All the tuner thing can be its own sub series, but not the main focus. Like the Shif series, which is more like a simulator than an arcade racing game.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)