Video Game General 5.0: The Game Awards 2017 Dec 7th @ 5:30 PM PT/ 8:30 PM ET

Comments

• CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,162
    It was my GOTY last year as a late fan of Ueda's work.

But it's not for everyone - especially if you don't care about Trico or the boy at all.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 14
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Road Rage - Launch Trailer

I got excited as fuck until a quarter-way through the vid when I realized this was going to be a terrible reboot of Road Rash and then halfway through when I realized the title is Road Rage and the game has nothing at all to do with Road Rash.

Also @Sonichuman , you see now what I meant by not being able to tell if it's male or female.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,258
    yeah ive been seeing that game floating around for awhile now and it just completely lacks the soul of Road Rash.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,928
    If for some reason anybody watches the game awards I'll spoil it now. Battlegrounds is going to win game or the year because it's flavor of the month.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,168
    If for some reason anybody watches the game awards I'll spoil it now. Battlegrounds is going to win game or the year because it's flavor of the month.

Nope. ODYSSEY.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,891
    Looks like Amazon is going to partake in the PSVR $100 sales over the next week through BF.

https://bestblackfriday.com/ads/amazon-black-friday/page-5#ad_view

Hoping to snag one from there. I hope it goes on sale earlier than later because I'm going to Aruba for a week on the 25th to the 2nd and would like to fuck around with it prior.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    If I had to pick a personal GOTY, it'd probably be Zelda.

Though there's a lot of good shit that came out this year, and even more stuff I have yet to play. Tough call.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Horizons still my GOTY but theres also a lot of stuff i havent gotten to play yet.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,238
    Hecatom wrote: »
    So, in recent mvci news

It seems that FChamp is once again getting preferential treatment and getting the patch that comes in december? like over a month before anyone else :rofl:

Are TO's okay with this shit? NRS testers are banned from tournaments for a month when their games drop

You mean the same TOs Capcpom pays to stream and host their shit games?

Yeah, I'm sure they will all band together and stand up for what's right, lol...

Perhaps if there is an enough outcry about this clear sign of nepotism/collusion some TO's would take some kind of action about it.
    Just like how now that piece of trash of Logan has left on commenting the CPT due the backlash he got recently.

What happened with him?
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,173
    edited November 14
    purbeast wrote: »
    I'll take the convenience of putting in a disk or just pushing a button and playing a game on my 120" screen lounging in my power recliner with crazy 5.2 sound rather than getting a game on PC, making sure my drivers and shit are up to date, sitting at a desk when I've been sitting at a desk all day working, playing on a 24" monitor. I'll prefer the former.

I mean, you can have your PC hooked up to the TV as well...s'what I do.

I get the other stuff though.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    edited November 14
    I'll take the convenience of putting in a disk or just pushing a button and playing a game on my 120" screen lounging in my power recliner with crazy 5.2 sound rather than getting a game on PC, making sure my drivers and shit are up to date, sitting at a desk when I've been sitting at a desk all day working, playing on a 24" monitor. I'll prefer the former.

You can but it's not always viable depending on the PC and your place. If you have an office where the PC belongs then dragging your tower back and fourth and dealing with all the wires cable's and plugs is a fucking hassle. You may not have room for your Tower to be a permanent fixture in your living room, or maybe you just don't want your ugly ass tower fucking up the vibe of your living room (Yes all towers are ugly as fuck, even the cool looking ones, fact).

So yea just because you can doesn't mean it's actually an option for you.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,900
    edited November 14

And most Fighting game fans prefer PC monitors to TVs as PC Monitors tend to lag alot less.

Only real difference is the choice of furniture. One you using a couch or easy chair and a TV Stand, the other has a desk and a chair.
    I know people who set up a 40" PC monitor on a TV stand and sit in a Lazy Boy while they use their PC using a wireless mouse and keyboard, then when they want to they switch to a game pad when they feel like it for games.

My parents use a older HDTV as a PC monitor
    These days the only difference between a HD TV and a HD PC Monitor is one is lacking a radio tuner for off-the-air and cable broadcasts and that PC Monitors has less post-processing for video.
    PCs can also support the same "Crazy 5.2" surround sound, or even 7.1 without any extra modifications to the PC.

So those points are moot.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist

Yeah no shit, that's something that has been done for decades.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,173
    edited November 14

...so then why did you bring up the convenience of being on your TV set-up when you can do that with PC as well? Makes that whole point moot. :confused:

If it's "I don't want to hook my PC up to the TV" that's not a PC problem...
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    So, in recent mvci news

It seems that FChamp is once again getting preferential treatment and getting the patch that comes in december? like over a month before anyone else :rofl:

Are TO's okay with this shit? NRS testers are banned from tournaments for a month when their games drop

You mean the same TOs Capcpom pays to stream and host their shit games?

Yeah, I'm sure they will all band together and stand up for what's right, lol...

Perhaps if there is an enough outcry about this clear sign of nepotism/collusion some TO's would take some kind of action about it.
    Just like how now that piece of trash of Logan has left on commenting the CPT due the backlash he got recently.

What happened with him?

That acting like an asshole on RL and Social Media finally catched up with him.
    NBC dropped him using as an excuse some old tweets where he made some racist jokes.
    So capcom followed after it.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    No one said it was a PC problem.

It's amazing you guys just can't accept that someone doesnt want the same shit you do.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,376 mod

...so then why did you bring up the convenience of being on your TV set-up when you can do that with PC as well? Makes that whole point moot. :confused:

Because I said where my PC is located and that is how my current setup is.

I could also build a $3k PC and game on PC if I so desired, but I don't feel like doing that either. There's nothing on PC that I care about that I can't already play on my Switch, PS4, or X1.

Again, not everyone has the same needs/wants as you all. How this concept goes over people's heads is mind boggling.

It's funny because I know you work in computers so you would think someone like yourself would be more anal about PC Mustard than some of the people here.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I could also build a $3k PC and game on PC if I so desired, but I don't feel like doing that either. There's nothing on PC that I care about that I can't already play on my Switch, PS4, or X1.

Again, not everyone has the same needs/wants as you all. How this concept goes over people's heads is mind boggling.

It's funny because I know you work in computers so you would think someone like yourself would be more anal about PC Mustard than some of the people here.

I just don't game on PC. I understand all of it I just don't care about it. I used to when I tinkered with stuff and PC's were way ahead of consoles, but the gap is close enough that I don't care. And I don't play FPS or RTS anymore and I never played MMO's.

My laptop is more powerful than most people's desktop PC's probably and a lot more efficient. But it can get real work done, like running multiple IDE's, running web servers and database servers, while compiling applications and doing a bunch of other shit at once. That's what I care about cause it makes me money, not if a game has 400 more pixels than the console version.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,103
    The only PC gaming I do is MMOs.

Everything else is console.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    edited November 14

It's amazing you guys just can't accept that someone doesnt want the same shit you do.

I can accept that just fine, and as I said, I get the other points, and the desire for the general convenience of consoles as opposed to some of the hoops you have to jump on PC (not to mention the trash PC ports you have to worry about).

Just the way it was worded sounded like a "PC can't really do this" kind of situation. I pointed that out thinking I'd get a more specific answer as to why in his case he couldn't, if it was something like that (e.g no room, although by the sound of it that definitely isn't an issue), or just doesn't want it in there, prefers the PC for PC things in the office space, etc.. Was hoping to see the bigger picture if you will.

There's other reasons to just want a console over a PC and I figured it'd lead to more discussions on the matter. Didn't work out quite how I planned.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

I can accept that just fine, and as I said, I get the other points, and the desire for the general convenience of consoles as opposed to some of the hoops you have to jump on PC (not to mention the trash PC ports you have to worry about).

Just the way it was worded sounded like a "PC can't really do this" kind of situation. I pointed that out thinking I'd get a more specific answer as to why in his case he couldn't, if it was something like that (e.g no room, although by the sound of it that definitely isn't an issue), or just doesn't want it in there, prefers the PC for PC things in the office space, etc.. Was hoping to see the bigger picture if you will.

There's other reasons to just want a console over a PC and I figured it'd lead to more discussions on the matter. Didn't work out quite how I planned.

I mean I already said my PC hasn't been upgraded in like 8-10 years and I don't play games on PC and I don't plan on upgrading it so I thought it was pretty obvious as to why I wouldn't want to lug it down 3 flights of steps to hook up to my projector.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415

Yo!

@Phantom Angel now you have to get one.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)

I mean I already said my PC hasn't been upgraded in like 8-10 years and I don't play games on PC and I don't plan on upgrading it so I thought it was pretty obvious as to why I wouldn't want to lug it down 3 flights of steps to hook up to my projector.

I dunno, I just thought pointing that part of what you said would lead to you talking more about your console preference. Which it did in the end.

But eh, I have a habit of missing the obvious so here we are :razz:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837

So you don't want to play better versions of games on PC? Yes or no
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,011
    chadouken! wrote: »

Nope. ODYSSEY.

I don't think Mario will be edgy enough to win the GOTY award. It will either be Battleground, Breath of the Wild and of Dark Horse variety there is a chance Horizon or Nier Automata pulls the upset.

You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,099
    Hitman Developer lost right to make Kane & Lynch sequels
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/14/hitman-developer-lost-the-right-to-make-kane-and-lynch-sequels

Rumor: Nintendo and Illumination (Minions) in deal for Super Mario Bros. movie with Miyamoto involved
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/14/minions-studio-reportedly-making-mario-bros-movie-shigeru-miyamoto-involved

vids
    Dragon Ball FighterZ Character Trailer Android 18

Far Cry 5 Recreating Montana Ubiblog Ubisoft [US]

Ghost Recon Wildlands: Xbox One X Gameplay - Enhanced HDR | Trailer

Tokyo Tattoo Girls - Launch Trailer

Demon Gaze II - Launch Trailer

Ittle Dew 2+ Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer

Okami HD - Preorder Trailer

preorder themes

Outcast Second Contact - Launch Trailer
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,333 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited November 14
    My laptop is more powerful than most people's desktop PC's probably and a lot more efficient. But it can get real work done, like running multiple IDE's, running web servers and database servers, while compiling applications and doing a bunch of other shit at once. That's what I care about cause it makes me money, not if a game has 400 more pixels than the console version.

Sager?

Even then, I rather doubt it is better than most game enthusiast's PCs.

And it they who you ought to be comparing it to - not to Grandma Bea and Great Aunt Em.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.