Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,929
    chadouken! wrote: »
    You guys are mean.

Welcome to General Discussion
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,479
    Not tagging Po to be mean. I legitimately want to hear what he thinks about that red stone thingy.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,258
    edited November 4
    Darksakul wrote: »
    You guys are mean.

when i joined yall were literally doing nothing but telling each other the other person had "taste cancer"
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,544
    Chiro wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    You guys are mean.

when i joined yall were literally doing nothing but telling each other the other person had "taste cancer"

When I joined everyone was salty the community grew over MvC. It's like people don't want people to post here.
    2 Kings 2:24
    Ive just realized whether i want to or not when im drunk and i see footage of DBFZ im probably going to buy that shit immediately. thats the power of presentation people
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,345 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited November 4
    Ive just realized whether i want to or not when im drunk and i see footage of DBFZ im probably going to buy that shit immediately. thats the power of presentation people

No.

That's the power of hard liquor lacking a sexual outlet.

DBFZ is a stone cold sober day one purchase, regardless.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    Azure wrote: »

No.

That's the power of hard liquor lacking a sexual outlet.

DBFZ is a stone cold sober day one purchase, regardless.

honestly being drunk is probably the only time im not a massive pervert.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Mind Stone is still the best one.

Is that the one that lets you take the disc out from the console and put a different and better game to play the match?

That's Power, with a Reality assist.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 761
    Bruh I just realized, we're STILL waiting on Geese Howard for Tekken. They showed off his entire moveset back at Evo. The fuck is taking so long
    These are the same assholes that said Tekken 7 would release "early 2017" and that the game would release "complete". Why you bother is beyond me. Fuckers will probably release it December 31, 2017 11:59pm in Japan, so that what they said would be true from a certain point of view...
    meh don't care about that ancient weebo Geese when Golbez is coming November 7

Golbeza.600.66579.jpg[img][/img]
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,840
    I finished DmC, I'll grab Vergil's Downfall soon.

Donte is great, he kills Fox News! :rock:
    And now for some actual good videos

• DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,549
    This Xbox One X shit is still baffling to me. How much do 4k tvs usually go for? Like i can't wrap my head out around dropping 500 on a console and what maybe 1000 minimum on a tv JUST for the console, just for graphics. Like shit. I saw a dude on social media post about his tv he bought for his One X and that shit is $3000 after tax.

I'm too interested to see how this console helps MS, even though they said it's a "premium product" and not for the general consumer, so they aren't expecting it to do loads but man. They are really banking on backwards compatibility+graphics vs putting out new games. I will admit that backward compatibility is a huge plus for me personally though, but i'm not enough of a tech head to care about whatever the one x is trying to sell itself on
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,900
    edited November 5
    Yea saw a 4K tv last week for $539.99.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,078
    Got mine for $400 last year.
    What is the input lag like on a 4k?

• DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,549
    oh guess they dropped, but yeah the one that dude copped still was like 3k. it was some 65" fancy one.

Didnt know 4k tvs were so low
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,900
    No clue Azure, don't have one.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,340
    Which makes it all the more sad how much Microsoft is fucking up. THEY FUCKING HAD IT LAST GEN AND THREW IT ALL AWAY!!!
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,787
    edited November 5
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    I finished DmC, I'll grab Vergil's Downfall soon.

Donte is great, he kills Fox News! :rock:

@po pimpus

this is a gross post in general though. Unless the sarcasm is going over my head.

I thought Geese Howard was in November. Winter is officially from late December to late March. Expect him sometime before April, lol.

Which makes it all the more sad how much Microsoft is fucking up. THEY FUCKING HAD IT LAST GEN AND THREW IT ALL AWAY!!!

Dat third console curse. I remember when Sony was saying people "could get a second job if they found the PS3 too expensive". Good times. The Xbone fiasco is probably going to be the only thing to top that really.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,842
    KimuraLOX wrote: »

What TV?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,008 mod
    Femto wrote: »

Dat third console curse. I remember when Sony was saying people "could get a second job if they found the PS3 too expensive". Good times. The Xbone fiasco is probably going to be the only thing to top that really.
    Is this actually a thing? I mean, Sega's third console was a hit (Genesis/Mega Drive, the Saturn was their fourth). And the SNES can also be counted as Nintendo's third if you count the Color TV Game from the late 70's.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,567

To a degree it's the 3 console curse.

1st gen you debut. 2nd Gen you are popular. 3rd you think you're hot shit and feel you can do no wrong so you end up fucking up along the way. If you survive this 4th gen is your make or break. Only Nintendo so far has survived past gen 4 on their consoles.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,787
    d3v wrote: »
    Femto wrote: »

Is this actually a thing? I mean, Sega's third console was a hit (Genesis/Mega Drive, the Saturn was their fourth). And the SNES can also be counted as Nintendo's third if you count the Color TV Game from the late 70's.

As far as what people know of consoles and what is considered to be the ones that made them known, especially in the 'West', yes. No one on this side of the pond knew about Nintendo until NES, Sega moreso with the Master System. You can argue Sega shit the bed with the 32X, but the Saturn and Nintendo both got caught with their pants down for the Saturn and N64. Sony with the PS3, especially at the beginning, and MS with the Xbone.

Also refer to this post
    Infernoman wrote: »

To a degree it's the 3 console curse.

1st gen you debut. 2nd Gen you are popular. 3rd you think you're hot shit and feel you can do no wrong so you end up fucking up along the way. If you survive this 4th gen is your make or break. Only Nintendo so far has survived past gen 4 on their consoles.

In other news Witch Trial V in Bayonetta 2. So Good. So frustrating, yet....so good. Think I'm going to try 'without fail' to beat Rodin in the first Bayonetta, THEN go onto to try Witch Trial V some more. When Bayonetta gets ported to the Switch...god help me, lol.

"Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Azure wrote: »
    What is the input lag like on a 4k?

Depends on the display and model.

For fighters a 26 to 32 inch is optimal, and 4K right now really notice you are looking at 40" or more
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,078
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    KimuraLOX wrote: »

What TV?

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-50UH5530-4k-uhd-tv
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,840
    Alright, serious DmC review.

With the way some of you guys would rant and bemoan this game I was expecting it to be Bionic Commando Reboot levels of unplayable, but instead I had a ton of fun with it. There's a lot of good in this game and I had the time of my life in certain stages and coming up with crowd-clearing strategies, especially when it came to the color coded enemies. Apparently color coding was removed in Definitive but I actually enjoyed enemies like that because it meant that I couldn't just Dynasty Warriors my way through hordes and needed to figure out a way to maintain proper distance when someone who wasn't the right color tried to sneak up on me while I dealt with his buddy. Those Rage Badgers were pretty damn tough when it was one Red and one Blue fighting at the same time.

The music in this game shits all over DMC4, and so does its aesthetic. DMC4 was where the series fell off for me when it became a bloodless pile of anime tropes with none of the edginess and peril that drew me to the series with DMC1 (still my favorite DMC game, BTW). The scenes where the entire stage threatens to crush you and you have to frantically escape the deathtraps were damn cool, and the battle music from Combichrist was 100% badass. Lilith's Club and Mundus' Limbo stage in particular stood out to me in a positive way.

The story was...I described it to someone as, "It's like we're watching the American movie adaptation of a popular video games series, like the JCVD Street Fighter or the Dead or Alive movie: we're looking at some weird funhouse distortion of what things actually are." There were a few lines and scenes that made me laugh a bit, like Dante waiting in the elevator with the peaceful music, so it wasn't all eye-rolling nonsense. Sano told me that with only a few minor changes this could have been a DMC3 prequel and they could have revealed that Kat was Nero's mom (or say that Donte's legal name is Tony Redgrave), and apparently that was the initial plan until later in development it became a straight reboot. For most of the game I thought if Vergil had lost his powers before the game started, but then the final battle took place and he revealed that he was still every bit as powerful as he's known for: he just wanted to be a lazy shit so Donte could do all the work, lol. I did like what they did with Mundus, being that DMC1 is my fave DMC both in aesthetic and in story, him being a demonic Kingpin, as well as his closer ties to Sparda and the bit with the Nephilim.

So yeah...nowhere near as bad as people claim.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,479
    This is what i said 2 years ago:

7/10 as a hack&slash actiongame
    0/10 as a DMC
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    i was pleasantly surprised of how little there was of the shitty dante from the trailers. all his worst moments were at the very beginning and probably shouldn't have been used for advertising. once I got past the slurm factory i never really had a problem with his character and honestly enjoyed how much he grew by the end there sticking up for humans and saying "dude we LITERALLY could not have done this without their help"

i should probably look to picking it up next time there's a sale on PSN.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,104
    edited November 5
    Said it as well.

Unbiased review of DmC 7/10. Definitive edition would be an 8. Dunno why but I loved the goofy looking destructive power of the red hulk busters.

In comparison to previous Devil May Cry titles? 0/10.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,797
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Xbox 1X further proves again no matter how powerful a console is, your game lineup makes or breaks you.

Is that DRM bullshit they were going to try before E3 2013 still dinging them at all? I'm wondering, because when it was time for me to get either a PS4 or an X1, I didn't even hesitate with the PS4 thanks to that shit.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,439
    I posted my review of the game a long time ago. Yeah, DmC isn't as bad as people say it is. In the end, DMC4SE has superior graphics, superior weapons, character variety, and the moves all have a better feel and sound to it. And that's where it ends. There's not one fucking stage in DMC4 I like playing. Not one. Some of these enemies that like floating around? Boring. A lot of the enemies are boring. The campaign is shit.

I do play DmC DE more. While Dante and Vergil are inferior imo to their main counterparts, they are still powerhouses. Dante locks down the stage like no other and Vergil is a damn juggernaut. DmC is easy mode for combos sure but I like that you have a variety of enemies to fight. Demon/Angel type only enemies is a crap idea but you get frontline soldiers, aerial support enemies, that witch that provides long range support, heavy tank types, that annoying as fucking blade demon with the mask and so on. I honestly rather playthrough DmC because I prefer playing and fighting on those stages. People may hate the music but I like it. Not to mention unlike DMC4, you get multiple tracks. Training mode is a bonus too. And while Vergil has only one weapon, he is a damn juggernaut like I said and is broken.

DmC isn't a "great" game by any means but it's a solid action game. And while I'd rather play DMC4's characters but the issue is DMC4 is a game with a horseshit campaign. I mean I fucking HATE playing DMC4 because the campaign sucks ass. I just wish Vergil got his "clean" look as a costume though. And I like Inverse Rainstorm.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263
    I had more fun playing action games like Splatterhouse and Force Unleashed II than I did vanilla DmC. I came up with a 2-button infinite in DmC after 30 seconds of play and it worked on any enemy that could be launched. :lol:

This gen needs more action games, arcade racers and another Souls game. Third-person shooters too, we need more of those. :sad:

With the way some of you guys would rant and bemoan this game I was expecting it to be Bionic Commando Reboot levels of unplayable, but instead I had a ton of fun with it. There's a lot of good in this game and I had the time of my life in certain stages and coming up with crowd-clearing strategies, especially when it came to the color coded enemies. Apparently color coding was removed in Definitive but I actually enjoyed enemies like that because it meant that I couldn't just Dynasty Warriors my way through hordes and needed to figure out a way to maintain proper distance when someone who wasn't the right color tried to sneak up on me while I dealt with his buddy. Those Rage Badgers were pretty damn tough when it was one Red and one Blue fighting at the same time.

The music in this game shits all over DMC4, and so does its aesthetic. DMC4 was where the series fell off for me when it became a bloodless pile of anime tropes with none of the edginess and peril that drew me to the series with DMC1 (still my favorite DMC game, BTW). The scenes where the entire stage threatens to crush you and you have to frantically escape the deathtraps were damn cool, and the battle music from Combichrist was 100% badass. Lilith's Club and Mundus' Limbo stage in particular stood out to me in a positive way.

The story was...I described it to someone as, "It's like we're watching the American movie adaptation of a popular video games series, like the JCVD Street Fighter or the Dead or Alive movie: we're looking at some weird funhouse distortion of what things actually are." There were a few lines and scenes that made me laugh a bit, like Dante waiting in the elevator with the peaceful music, so it wasn't all eye-rolling nonsense. Sano told me that with only a few minor changes this could have been a DMC3 prequel and they could have revealed that Kat was Nero's mom (or say that Donte's legal name is Tony Redgrave), and apparently that was the initial plan until later in development it became a straight reboot. For most of the game I thought if Vergil had lost his powers before the game started, but then the final battle took place and he revealed that he was still every bit as powerful as he's known for: he just wanted to be a lazy shit so Donte could do all the work, lol. I did like what they did with Mundus, being that DMC1 is my fave DMC both in aesthetic and in story, him being a demonic Kingpin, as well as his closer ties to Sparda and the bit with the Nephilim.

That game was pretty fun. More fun than DmC. :confounded:
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    I had more fun playing action games like Splatterhouse and Force Unleashed II than I did vanilla DmC. I came up with a 2-button infinite in DmC after 30 seconds of play and it worked on any enemy that could be launched. :lol:

This gen needs more action games, arcade racers and another Souls game. Third-person shooters too, we need more of those. :sad:

That game was pretty fun. More fun than DmC. :confounded:

The 2 button infinite would give you max rank even on the highest difficulty, game was a joke.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001