Video Game General 5.0: The Game Awards 2017 Dec 7th @ 5:30 PM PT/ 8:30 PM ET

Comments

• purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,893
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    I had more fun playing action games like Splatterhouse and Force Unleashed II than I did vanilla DmC.

Have you played Splatterhouse any time recently? Just wondering because I loved those games growing up but recently played it on RetroPie and it has not aged well at all. It's pretty f'ing bad lol.
  • YunaYuna Can I be a social justice cleric or something instead? Joined: Posts: 7,521
    That 2D beat-em-up that came with GameStop preorders of Final Fantasy XV was okay. I go back to it sometimes. I really like the combo system and the way you can combo into and out of assists. Cid assist was OP as fuck, though.
    "It's high time for intellectually honest people to call out reflexive anti-PC posturing as being-- for the most part-- exactly what it is: a cowardly rhetorical defense mechanism employed by bullies who lack the courage of their own convictions. If you want to be a jerk? Fine. Be a jerk. But don't pretend like you're storming the gates of Mordor when all you're doing is spitting off the overpass."
    --Bob Chipman
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,584
    purbeast wrote: »
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    I had more fun playing action games like Splatterhouse and Force Unleashed II than I did vanilla DmC.

Have you played Splatterhouse any time recently? Just wondering because I loved those games growing up but recently played it on RetroPie and it has not aged well at all. It's pretty f'ing bad lol.

Splatterhouse 1 & 2 controls are very stiff so aging like shit is to be expected. Splatterhouse 3 aged better since it's more like Streets of Rage compared to the other games. The remake from 2010 is fun if you can get it for cheap.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,785
    I wouldn't mind another Spike Out, but I guess that's what Yakuza is for? Checking CAG for Black Friday deals and not seeing anything on the PS4 Pro thus far.... :(
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,755
    two games i wanna mention.

one is Project Nimbus.
    imagine ZOE mixed with Ace Combat.

and the 2nd is Zwei
    its made by the makers of Ys and it shows.

• CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,212
    edited November 5
    So...that little plot sequence in Wolfenstien 2 just passed!!

MM7Y3_s-200x150.gif

CJ Blaskowitz is an unkillable Texas-born and bred, beast!!

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,839
    Splatterhouse remake was amazing. One of my fave non-FGs of the PS360 era.
    @po pimpus

another one for him, lol

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,847
    Femto wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind another Spike Out, but I guess that's what Yakuza is for? Checking CAG for Black Friday deals and not seeing anything on the PS4 Pro thus far.... :(

Yakuza is sexist. Spikeout is better.

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,011
    affinity wrote: »
    Femto wrote: »

Yakuza is sexist. Spikeout is better.

It is but the Yakuza franchise is the romanticism of Japanese bro culture with partial organized crime mixed in.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,238
    It sucks that Soul Calibur is dead right now. Artorias would fit in so well as a guest character.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 761
    edited November 5
    Bastards at Namco keep rolling snake eyes on good franchises. Given the shit they did to royally fuck up Soul Calibur V the franchise is dead. Damn shame given how amazing Soul Blade, Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur II, and Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition were.

P.S. Dynamite Cop is better than both, but I would be lying if I said that I played a better 3D beat 'em up than Yakuza 5.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    What we, what we really need, is a Dragon's Crown sequel... with better scaling loot at end game.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,898
    Reminds me I need to finish Odin Sphere.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,361
    it's kind of scary how many games are in everyone's backlog. and this is not even including all the free games everyone got through ps3 plus last gen :confused:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    ...so FFXV is still pretty fun so far, but...

...why the hell am I forced to drive so damn slow. Is there some law that a Prince can't drive faster than 30 mph? :anguished:

Use chocobos
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,176
    Hecatom wrote: »

...why the hell am I forced to drive so damn slow. Is there some law that a Prince can't drive faster than 30 mph? :anguished:

Use chocobos

I know, just doesn't make sense to me why they'd force you to drive that slow. It's not like having the car be faster would make Chocobos useless since there's a lot of places the car can't get to...

Oh well. Guess the Chocobo theme is gonna be stuck in my head for a while longer.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 6
    Got the Uncharted 4 expansion hope it is good.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,238

Use chocobos

I know, just doesn't make sense to me why they'd force you to drive that slow. It's not like having the car be faster would make Chocobos useless since there's a lot of places the car can't get to...

Oh well. Guess the Chocobo theme is gonna be stuck in my head for a while longer.

You can do side missions to get better engines. Talk to Cid
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shadow of War...

sheeeeit, I didn't notice until recently that you can still stealth-kill while mounted on a caregor... that's odd but ok. Previously when I rode into battle on a caragor like He-Man riding battlecat, I just always figured that's when you've stopped caring about sneaking around. The cool thing is that once you get off the caragor, it's still there to fight alongside you....loyal to the end. You can even have them howl to summon other caragors.

I hunted my old pal "Amug the Ruined" a little while ago...it would turn out to be our final battle. He was only level 19 at this point...stood no chance. I didn't bother recruiting him...this pitiful creature had gone completely insane at this point, apparently. If he manages to come back from the dead like some of the others...maybe that might earn him a spot in my legion.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,537
    angelpalm wrote: »
    I want a bloodborne game mixed with Dragon's Dogma, is that too much to ask for?

I just want another Dragon's Dogma with online.

I also want another Monster Hunter game for PlayStation but thankfully that's coming.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,004 mod
    edited November 6
    angelpalm wrote: »
    I want a bloodborne game mixed with Dragon's Dogma, is that too much to ask for?

Interesting that you mention this.

Back when Dragon's Dogma was first released, I was hoping that, alongside the Souls games, it would signal a wave of new Japanese action RPGs/dungeon crawlers rooted in dark fantasy in contrast to the typical JRPG fair. Sadly, this this hasn't really come to pass and the Souls games instead went on to create their own subgenre based more on the game's mechanics (stamina combat), than themes and setting.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,099
    Super Mario Odyssey dunkview

Has some spoilers in it just as a warning. Dunkey actually did a serious review for it so he must have really enjoyed it.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,212
    More Wolfenstein WTF-kery!!!
    The fuckin' Nazis have flying saucers, alien tech, and a functioning space colony on Venus!!
    tenor.gif

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
    edited November 6

Use chocobos

Probably because they knew they couldn't top XCX's mechs so they figured "fuck it...."

At the Bowser's Kingdom in Odyssey. Man, Nintendo is killing it. Just beautiful.

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Footage of DBFZ from the PGW

Preliminaries

Quarter Finals

Loser Brackets

Grand Finals
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,917
    edited November 6

Hope he has fun with his $500 Bluray player and 180gb installs
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,706
    edited November 7
    I love mega man 2 but I also enjoy it when people critique it without nostalgia goggles. I feel the same way for Sonic 2 or any other classic game I enjoy.

Post edited by RoGE9 on