Video Game General 5.0: When's Dragonbahl!?

1787981838492

Comments

  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,699
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Can we please get a Laura in top 8 so they can run through all of her costumes and not be satisfied? Ill be so obvious with every round there being a costume change with each one not being any better or potentially worse lol.

    Espn exec: hey can you change Lauras costume next round?
    Laura player: i gotchu! *picks christmas outfit*
    Espn: *Espn exec comes back on stage* uh...you got anything else
    LP: hell yeah my man! *chooses bonita outfit*
    Espn: *runs on stage and cuts the ps4 off before round 1 even begins* do you uh...have any secondary characters you can play?

    Legit only reason why I was rooting for wolfkrone vs fchamp.
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,392
    hugo was kind of ridiculous back then when it came out in 3s IMO

    so Capcom design team probably asked themselves " how can we surpass that?"

    well they have indeed succeeded

  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,887
    edited July 17
    I wonder if ESPN would allow Cammy in a cheerleader outfit.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    Abigail is the most boring character I've ever seen. Even though hes based on King Diamond, it doesn't help.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,887
    I love Abigail, but I've always been a sucker for huge, monster characters.
    I like his moveset too, he's a playable boss character and you totally get that vibe from his oppressive, powerhouse attacks.


    Still, SFV is trash, but I dig this new guy.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Abigail is the most boring character I've ever seen. Even though hes based on King Diamond, it doesn't help.

    He's par for the course with all these new characters imo.


    Anyways someone needs to get them strip fighter dudes to make a new game. Even those garbage ass games probably look and play better than anything crapcom can pull out of Ono's asshole.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    edited July 17
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Abigail is the most boring character I've ever seen. Even though hes based on King Diamond, it doesn't help.

    He's par for the course with all these new characters imo.


    Anyways someone needs to get them strip fighter dudes to make a new game. Even those garbage ass games probably look and play better than anything crapcom can pull out of Ono's asshole.

    Do you mean new characters as in the ones introduced in sfv as a whole?

    I think Necalli is seriously godlike. I love his moveset and his look. Its cool to have a sort of badass character that isn't related to the whole Satsui No Hado thing. Its too bad Capcom buried him in the story.

    Fang is ok. his moves are definitely unique, but his look and personality suck. Rashid can die in a fire and Laura is alright. There aren't many grapplers with fireballs so she gets some credit. Kolin is ok.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,013
    I love Abigail, but I've always been a sucker for huge, monster characters.
    I like his moveset too, he's a playable boss character and you totally get that vibe from his oppressive, powerhouse attacks.


    Still, SFV is trash, but I dig this new guy.

    Playable boss character?

    Man looks like a fucking trash mob, ok maybe an elite trash mob that shows up with a few regular guys but he ain't even midboss territory let alone boss.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

    "I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,461
    Damnd is a better design than Abigail, and boss tier. anyways, Sailor Moon should get a new fighting game from ASW.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge The Age of Murder and Storm Joined: Posts: 16,184
    Here we go with these bad ideas. Someone pass me a beer.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

    They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

    "You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Abigail is the most boring character I've ever seen. Even though hes based on King Diamond, it doesn't help.

    He's par for the course with all these new characters imo.


    Anyways someone needs to get them strip fighter dudes to make a new game. Even those garbage ass games probably look and play better than anything crapcom can pull out of Ono's asshole.

    Do you mean new characters as in the ones introduced in sfv as a whole?

    I think Necalli is seriously godlike. I love his moveset and his look. Its cool to have a sort of badass character that isn't related to the whole Satsui No Hado thing. Its too bad Capcom buried him in the story.

    Fang is ok. his moves are definitely unique, but his look and personality suck. Rashid can die in a fire and Laura is alright. There aren't many grapplers with fireballs so she gets some credit. Kolin is ok.

    Mainly the season 2 ones but I disagree on Necali, he looks "alright" but his moveset is fucking lame. Colon is the most boring ice person ever put into a game imo....would rather play as mei's fat ass from Overwatch in that game than her XD.

    That boy @Black_Jaguar trolling talking about a boss when that dudes whole moveset got less animation than your typical background character. His throw is just tossing you in the air and then you bust your ass? Like nigga these elite WORLD WARRIORS just gonna get thrown into the air and not land on their feet or roll with that shit? Gtfo with that extra lazy shit.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    Necalli is beastly. There are no characters like him in terms of look in sf. there are pretty superficial comparisons to Blanka in that they are both savage, but Blanka is fundamentally silly, and has those unoffensive Japanese quirks. Whereas Necalli is like a barbarian that wants to eat human flesh. Blanka is like whinny the pooh, but Necalli is like a hungry grizzly bear.

    In terms of moveset hes pretty awesome, theres a lot of possibilities with him. You can always adapt to anything with him. Your personal style can really be expressed with him. Hes like a shoto with better offense and burst damage. Like Makoto meets Ryu.

    Kolin is interesting in that theres no character that i remember that has a projectile like her that is.so useful in setplay.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,270
    @Sonicabid
    @Kinniku Buster
    @Joshkaz
    @Darksakul


    Games arrived today. Got them out of the shrink wrap to inspect... Both discs were MINT and had no signs of ever being touched.
    1 had a small scuff on manual and 1 had some wear on the case. You were all right about it not being factory sealed tho.
    Overall i'm happy because profit expensive games etc.

    I think i have 4 copies of Yak 2 now.

    #goodgamesmakeslifebetter
    Persona 5
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,902
    I can't beleive ESPN is the one having censor issues. They host half naked men beating eachother to a bloody pulp yet they think their primary demographic of 20 something year old men can't handle tits?
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,524 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 17
    Chiro wrote: »
    I can't beleive ESPN is the one having censor issues. They host half naked men beating eachother to a bloody pulp yet they think their primary demographic of 20 something year old men can't handle tits?

    Dude, that shit has probably almost nothing to do with demographics and everything to do with money. If commercial sponsors on ESPN's end don't like it, then they'll try to change it. Either that or they just don't want certain annoying, loud, small groups of people on their ass
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,902
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Chiro wrote: »
    I can't beleive ESPN is the one having censor issues. They host half naked men beating eachother to a bloody pulp yet they think their primary demographic of 20 something year old men can't handle tits?

    Dude, that shit has probably almost nothing to do with demographics and everything to do with money. If commercial sponsors on ESPN's end don't like it, then they'll try to change it. Either that or they just don't want certain annoying, loud, small groups of people on their ass

    what the hell sponsor is freaking out over Laura and Mika but is perfectly fine with bloody MMA fights that still uses ring girls for some fucking reason.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,699
    edited July 17
    ESPN is a liberal shit hole, what do you guys expect. Only reason I watched it is to support SF5 when I could have easily just watched it on twitch instead.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,524 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chiro wrote: »
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Chiro wrote: »
    I can't beleive ESPN is the one having censor issues. They host half naked men beating eachother to a bloody pulp yet they think their primary demographic of 20 something year old men can't handle tits?

    Dude, that shit has probably almost nothing to do with demographics and everything to do with money. If commercial sponsors on ESPN's end don't like it, then they'll try to change it. Either that or they just don't want certain annoying, loud, small groups of people on their ass

    what the hell sponsor is freaking out over Laura and Mika but is perfectly fine with bloody MMA fights that still uses ring girls for some fucking reason.

    The kind ESPN has
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,100
    Iduno wrote: »
    Iduno wrote: »
    ExposedD wrote: »
    What did i miss?

    Vince's big man fetish.

    And ESPN bitching out because of Cammy's default costume.

    I missed that.
    The hell ESPN do this time?

    Top 8 Cammy player Vs Guile player, they had a guy come up onto the stage to tell the Cammy to change costume after round 1.

    Fuck that shit, she been rocking that shit since SFII, ESPN and Disney should have fucking known what they were getting from the start, it's only been over 2 fucking decades.

    That is... insanely stupid.
    Yeah, a Lara player should have been in it... or the Cammy player should have just chosen the regular costume anyway and been like 'whoops.'
    Then what? What would ESPN do without getting bad publicity (again)?
    This whole e-sports shit is just a reason for more companies to swoop in and fill their pockets.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

    SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,887
    Really isn't too bad to be honest. Wizard is making sure he and his people are eating good at the cost of what? Commentators not being able to say naughty words?

    Stop hating the hustle. I'm sure that if we could see the numbers on those checks, nobody would question why the FGC is going the way of Esports.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,441
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Really isn't too bad to be honest. Wizard is making sure he and his people are eating good at the cost of what? Commentators not being able to say naughty words?

    Stop hating the hustle. I'm sure that if we could see the numbers on those checks, nobody would question why the FGC is going the way of Esports.

    They ain't paying me to attend tourneys. I pay to enter.

    Don't tell me what the fuck to do in my game.

    ESPN and Disney can sit all the way the fuck down, and chew on a bag of dicks.

    They probably paid wizard to show the game. Sorry po but disney is a bit bigger than you
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    Fuck it aint' even your game. You're using someone else's copy on someone else's console in someone else's building.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,602
    So what if the player says no and they have to DQ him? Do we get Ultradavid saying "Sorry guys, but it seems that series won't be able to go on due to some circumstances with one of the players"?

    Granted that no one is going to do that because money, but they'd pretty much get exposed on their bullshit.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,627
    According this twitter

    https://mobile.twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/886954879285157892

    Mori confirms on this interview that the new BBCF update will also include new balance changes

    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    Leon63 wrote: »
    So what if the player says no and they have to DQ him? Do we get Ultradavid saying "Sorry guys, but it seems that series won't be able to go on due to some circumstances with one of the players"?

    Granted that no one is going to do that because money, but they'd pretty much get exposed on their bullshit.

    I mean it'd be hilarious to see but people would really have to check their fucking priorities if they're willing to walk off stage just because they can't use a certain costume. Now if it starts seeping into other aspects of gameplay, THEN people need to step up.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    nerf eSports influence on the fgc. its op and isn't fun.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,902
    Really isn't too bad to be honest. Wizard is making sure he and his people are eating good at the cost of what? Commentators not being able to say naughty words?

    Stop hating the hustle. I'm sure that if we could see the numbers on those checks, nobody would question why the FGC is going the way of Esports.

    im not blaming anyone for getting payed. Hell i don't care if anyone sells out thats their fucking business and barely effects me. what drives me nuts is the stupidity in the business. throw them tits on the screen and bring in the views as from what i hear people like those.

    if this was DOA's Marie "totally 18" Rose i could understand it, but this clearly isn't the case. as it stands its just hypocrisy and thats what drives me nuts more than anything.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,602
    Not like people don't just watch women Tennis only for the potentially ass shots anyway.
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,887
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Really isn't too bad to be honest. Wizard is making sure he and his people are eating good at the cost of what? Commentators not being able to say naughty words?

    Stop hating the hustle. I'm sure that if we could see the numbers on those checks, nobody would question why the FGC is going the way of Esports.

    They ain't paying me to attend tourneys. I pay to enter.

    Don't tell me what the fuck to do in my game.

    ESPN and Disney can sit all the way the fuck down, and chew on a bag of dicks.

    Dumb nigga logic once again.
    You're paying to enter because of the money they're offering. The bigger these tournaments get, the bigger the prize pools can become. Evo isn't going to be offering $1,000,000 off of Pizza Roll ads alone.

    You need to ask yourself if you care more about the players, or if you care more about the spectacle.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,100
    It may be a minor thing, but shit like this with no oversight is gonna start going down a slippery slope.
    What will it take then, for that one player who would rather keep his balls and dignity intact to expose and turn inside-out the e-sports hypocrisy?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

    SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,902
    It may be a minor thing, but shit like this with no oversight is gonna start going down a slippery slope.
    What will it take then, for that one player who would rather keep his balls and dignity intact to expose and turn inside-out the e-sports hypocrisy?

    the hypocrisy isn't on the players but the network. the players ain't going to give a shit about not using their favorite costume for one tournament.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,602
    Just hope any kind of King of Fighters game doesn't make it on TV, or Mai mains will be in big trouble.

    At least you can make do with Josie, if her default outfit is too much just on the big side, or any Namco character for that matter, with a few minutes on customize mode, and Capcom can (and likely will) release a family friendly Laura costume to prevent this from happening with her.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    It may be a minor thing, but shit like this with no oversight is gonna start going down a slippery slope.
    What will it take then, for that one player who would rather keep his balls and dignity intact to expose and turn inside-out the e-sports hypocrisy?

    See, this is the bullshit that makes any ACTUAL attempt to enforce change completely worthless. Because people are too focused on trying to just shit stir at the first possible opportunity, instead of actually banding together when something legitimately bad gets enforced. It makes the community look like petty whiners rather than people rallying against legitimately unfair practices.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,887
    They knew what they were doing with Laura.
    Remember the official, promotional screenshot they released of her?

    hqdefault.jpg


    I certainly remember.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,902
    im not sure anybody implied they didn't.
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,887
    Just needed an excuse to post that again :love:
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    Honestly, I think Capcom only even bothered with the Abigail trailer out of obligation. They likely cancelled that SF panel because they knew the things the other developers were doing were gonna lap them hard (and I have no reason to believe that Capcom DIDN'T know what was coming since a lot of FG developers are on friendly terms).
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,156
    I swear capcom is trolling us and it could backfire on them terribly. I am pretty sure 90% of the fgc population was grossed out by Abigail. I lost my shit when Geese was announced.

  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,602
    edited July 17
    If they aren't delusional and know how things are going and how people are disgusted, then you should be expecting a big reveal relatively soonish, like on Capcom cup. Wouldn't be surprised like at all if Capcom tried to get a Tekken guest, Heihachi being my bet.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    edited July 17
    SFV is feeling the budget-blues. Capcom doesn't prioritize this game that much anymore because it flopped and they didn't create a sound plan for ot to begin with so the conclusion here is we're going to get substandard content from here on out until the next main release, that being ssfv or sf6. They aren't going to invest in a sinking ship.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,602
    Not gonna look as good as Tekken 7, but won't be nearly as bad as x Tekken. At least Asuka looked kinda cute there, and by cute I mean jiggling boobs for her super.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,699
    Yall silly. They don't need no damn guest character. They got so many fan favorites they need to bring back first.
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,950
    Man you gotta think what shit Cody, Guy, and Haggar must of been on to fuck with these Mad Gear dudes if everyone is this fucking huge. They were fighting gangs of people like Hugo lol.

    Shit if Sodom ever make it back in he gotta be just as tall if we're going by Final Fight size comparison. I mean even looking at Street Fighter Alpha sprites he is already larger than Birdie there.
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

    XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru