Welcome to Shoryuken.com's Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite forum section.
Before you post anything, please be aware of the following rules.
1. Only threads related to Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite are allowed in this sub-forum. Generally, the following are allowed.
* Threads discussing mechanics and characters related to Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
* Please note that until we have separate character sub-forums, you are allowed only one thread per character, and only if they are confirmed. Unconfirmed characters do not deserve their own threads
* Please try to avoid making multiple character threads. This way you can focus on the thread for that one character instead of having to split your time between multiple characters.
* Threads about new and unique discoveries regarding Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
* Discussions of aspects of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's community
All threads that DO belong here should have clear titles. Titles such as "LOL LOL LOL" or "a new idea" are needlessly ambiguous: make it clear what the topic is about. Ambiguous titles can and will be edited for clarity
2. The following threads do not belong here.
* Threads asking us to decide something for you or provide suggestions to you upon any issue of any sort. You being uncertain is not a reason for a thread, it's a reason for you to do some homework.
* Linkspam to other sites. SRK isn't a site for links to other sites: have the discussion here. If you need to link to another site, have the discussion of that content here.
* Redundant threads discussing topics that are already the subject of, or being discussed in an existing thread (i.e. threads for unconfirmed characters when we already have an existing character speculations thread).
* Anything involving any sort of poll whatsoever.
* Individual character request threads.
* Obvious troll threads.
* Balance threads. At least not until the game has actually be released.
All threads not conforming to this will be locked and the creator infracted.
If you are uncertain about whether your thread belongs here, you might want to simply post it in the Street Fighter V General Discussion Thread:
In addition to these, the following SRK general forum rules still apply here. Non-compliance with any of these rules can result in an warning, time-out, or a ban.
1. No threads/avatars/profiles/reputation comments may be created to attack other members/mods/admins or groups of people. If you have a problem with someone don't post about it first, take it up with them via PM or speak to a mod about it. If you hate someone and can't deal with it effectively, put them on ignore or challenge them to a FT5 in that game. This is a site for fighting games, not a nursery.
2. No porn. No pictures or links to porn sites (real or animated). You will be banned for this without warning.
3. No inappropriate avatars. Meaning, no nudity, sex, sexual situations, and no women in skimpy clothing. This is a game site people. So how about some game related avatars? If you aren't sure, then ask first. If not being able to have a naked/mostly naked woman in your avatar here at SRK bothers you, then perhaps you are coming to this site for the wrong reasons. There are also size limitations to avatars keep it to about 160x60 and 20Kb. If you abuse this and create a giant avatar, it will be deleted and you will receive a warning.
4. No excessive signature length. 5 lines is the maximum signature space allowed. Don't put images in your signature file: those are fully banned. If you've got a link to your stream, use the [ url = blah ] syntax to help make it just be a link instead of a giant live preview. If your signature is in violation of this, you will receive a warning and potentially receive a time-out until you fix the issue.
5. Sex is a very adult issue that doesn't really belong on a fighting game web site. If you need to, keep it tasteful and clean. Any violation of distasteful posts, may result in your account being banned.
6. Only one account per person. If you are found to have more than one account then all of them may be banned. If you have been banned and you decide to create a new account and return, you will probably be shadow-banned without warning at the discretion of the moderators and/or administrators.
7. Racism is a delicate subject and may be discussed, but threads or posts that are made to be demeaning to any particular race are NOT allowed. This goes the same for issues on sexual orientation.
8. If you have been warned by a mod, responding by calling them names is the FASTEST way to get banned without your side of the story being heard. If you disagree with the mod then INTELLIGENT discussion via PM is the best way to present your case. PMs or threads like "F*ck you, d*ckhead!" won't get you far and will get you banned again, so try and work with the mods. We are all reasonable and chances are we'll help find a way to a happy medium for all parties involved.
9. Do not re-post a thread that has been closed or deleted. The mod had their reasons for closing or deleting the thread so do NOT go and make another one. And do NOT make a thread cursing out the mod that closed your thread. If you want to know why a thread was closed then PM a mod and ASK. On a side-note, if you do decide to PM a mod and ask, then ask NICELY. Sending a PM like this: "Why'd you close my damn thread! You B****!! F*** YOU!?" is the best way to be banned immediately.
10. Do not threaten other members with physical violence or otherwise. This is not only against the rules, but extremely stupid in a legal sense.
11. Do NOT discuss anything illegal. This includes ROMs, emulation (do not ask for help on obtaining ROMs or getting them to work), mod chips, pirated games, etc. Also talking about where or how to do it, is also prohibited. Those threads WILL be closed without notice, and/or the violator may be banned.
12. Don't spam your site's url on SRK. The forums have been hit with a lot of spam under titles like "This scared the crap out of me" and then a link to outwar or some other site. Do not do this. It's a waste of bandwidth and makes you look retarded. This also applies to referral links, take them elsewhere.
13. No Taunting or Flame baiting allowed. This means slight name calling to provoke flame posts after you post. An example of this would be posting on how "Zangief is way better than Sagat, and anyone who thinks otherwise, is a jackass." That is not allowed.
14. Trolling is classified as sitting on the forums and posting nothing productive. This includes posting with the intention of being insulting towards someone when it's entirely unprovoked. Some people also post with the intention of doing nothing but irritating the mods. That accomplishes nothing and wastes mod's time. Trollers who can't post anything productive will be banned at anytime an administrator feels you are abusing the system.
15. No instant messenger/irc/live chat logs are to be posted on the site. If people wish to participate in live chat, they can do so at their own discretion, but posting logs will get you a warning, if not more.
16. No stalking or harassing. If it even remotely looks like you are stalking somebody for whatever horrible reason you will probably be banned. If you hate someone put them on ignore and move on with your life.
16. Don't quote long posts or posts with lots of images: you waste valuable bandwidth of our users, and it will most likely get you warned.
17. No cursing in thread titles: this will get you a warning.
18. Racial slurs aren't welcome here, don't use them here or you will receive a warning.
19. To use the trading outlet you have to be with the site for at least 6 months, and have 50 posts. Failure to meet the requirement will result in a warning or ban.
20. No thread derailing: just make another thread or search about a topic you want to talk about. There's no reason to derail other threads. Violation will result in a warning.
21. No spoilers without using the spoiler tag. No one likes having their shows spoiled especially if an area hasn't had a opportunity to watch it yet. For new show and movies wait 3 days before spoiler tags don't have to be used. Any violation will result in at least a warning. Malicious spoiling will result in a temp ban.
On top of this, do not reply to bot threads. Doing so only marks the forum as active to the botnet resulting in more bots being sent our way. Replying to bot threads will likely get you infracted, depending on whether or not this triggers bots.
If you have any issues with any of the moderators, address these in private messages. Berating them publicly or privately will not get anything resolved. Make this excessive or outright insult them and you'll eat a ban.
For further information, please refer to the Shoryuken forums Terms of Service