The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL thread: longest play to end a game ever.

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,913
    Also real talk, with how heated things are getting right now, I can actually see a game or two getting lost or forfeited this season.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,320
    They've already said they won't air the anthem.

Here's what I don't get though. All the talk is about the protests and not what they're protesting.

You have all these middle class white people saying Blacks are treated fairly. Like really? Because you've been Black? I'm not Black, I'm mostly white, but I can see the evidence and injustices. It's there. Like what is there to even gain by denying it?

I know this isn't the politics thread but Football has basically become politics. If it's not the anthem it's player health and the right to chose to jeopardize your brain to play a sport.
    Only Fox won't air the anthem, NBC and CBS haven't abstained to my knowledge.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,791
    This season of football is crazy. Parity is running rampant. A quarter of the season has gone by and lets get some too early hot takes!
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,979
    Well Kamara and Ingram will be happy. This is like a revival of the Deuce Bush duo a decade ago. Lets see how this affects the offense. We are 2-2. We could make a push for the playoffs if the defense stays how it is. I doubt the defense will hold but we will see what happens.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,320
    I'm actually really interested to see how the playoffs shake out this year. It's going to be a bit of a meat grinder with the injury bug. I've got a feeling it will be like Atlanta last year or Carolina where at least one of the teams in the Superbowl wasn't expected to come close. KC or Philly maybe.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    NFL Owners are going to have a meeting with Goddell where they want to institute a ban on Anthem protest, that is where the shitstorm will really start.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,123
    I hope we see forfeits as a form of player protest to Goodell and the owners.

Popcorn.gif
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie suspended indefinitely
    NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that the cornerback met Thursday with coach Ben McAdoo, who informed Rodgers-Cromartie that he's been suspended indefinitely. The team later confirmed the suspension.

Per the league's collective bargaining agreement, a team-imposed "indefinite suspension" can last anywhere from one to four weeks.

The suspension stems from a "heated" argument on Wednesday between Rodgers-Cromartie and McAdoo, a disagreement that began when the cover man was pulled from Sunday's loss to the Chargers.

McAdoo told reporters Thursday that Rodgers-Cromartie was suspended for a "violation of team rules," per the New York Post.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
    Wil wrote: »

Popcorn.gif

It was bound to happen, viewership has been down for 2 years and the NFL hasn't seen the increase in revenue that it had.
    Wil wrote: »

Popcorn.gif

If they're serious about protesting, then yeah, players are gonna have to be willing to sit out and cause forfeits.
    Everyone talks tough until their own money is on the line.
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Everyone talks tough until their own money is on the line.

That's why the owners can make this play. Very few players will have enough balls to consciously give up game checks, and even less players are gonna allow other players to fuck that up for them.
    Welp, already feeling the issues without Lane Johnson.
    Amazing how everyone quit running a spy on Cam which has been proven he struggles against.
    Amazing how everyone quit running a spy on Cam which has been proven he struggles against.

Usage of McCafferey makes it really hard to spy him now.
    edited October 13
    Saitsu wrote: »

Yeah McCaffery has been great as a decoy. Philly has had some awful offensive playcalling, Blount has been working lets not use him, ineffective runs to the outside no safety valve on passes.

Yeah McCaffery has been great as a decoy. Philly has had some awful offensive playcalling, Blount has been working lets not use him, ineffective runs to the outside no safety valve on passes.

Yeah, it's Carolina's game free.
    That is why you use Blount, Philly likes to try to get fancy when they don't need to.
    I'll say this, and I hate saying this sort of thing, but the refs are out for blood against Philly. I was fine with the PI, but the other penalties have been some shaky shit, and then Blount gets no-called after they called Unsportsmanlike Conduct on him for an extremely similar play.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813

Yeah, but y'all got a badass QB though.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »

Yeah, but y'all got a badass QB though.

That's the damn truth.
    I'll say this, and I hate saying this sort of thing, but the refs are out for blood against Philly. I was fine with the PI, but the other penalties have been some shaky shit, and then Blount gets no-called after they called Unsportsmanlike Conduct on him for an extremely similar play.

Yeah that should have been a flag but the official didn't look interested in throwing it.
    Great game right now. Some ref calls notwithstanding, definitely feels more MNF than TNF which is fantastic. I hope LK is okay though for Carolina. I mean as much as I would enjoy playing against their D without him flying around out there, ultimately the goal of this game for both teams is testing each other and getting out of here with no injuries.
    Mills is killing that Philly defense, no reason to even get that PI, the receiver had no shot at it.
    Kuechly, 3 concussions in 3 years...he might have to consider hanging them up.
    Kuechly, 3 concussions in 3 years...he might have to consider hanging them up.

Honestly if I'm Carolina I don't play him for at least 2-3 more games minimum.
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,534
    They need to start playing McCaffery with those run plays. Stewart ain't getting it done. Would help with my fantasy too.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    They need to start playing McCaffery with those run plays. Stewart ain't getting it done. Would help with my fantasy too.

When you go 6 rushes for -9 yards...I mean, at that point you need to at least TRY something different.
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,534
    I don't know how but I just gain more respect for Wentz every time I see him play. This kid has "Cero Miedo."
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    Wentz has learned "Accurate Deep Pass"

The League is in trouble.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,061
    Eagles are a PROBLEM.
    KimuraLOX wrote: »
    Eagles are a PROBLEM.

Reminder that Darby is out, Sidney Jones could still show up, and Lane Johnson is out for this game.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    And Cam gives the game away probably.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10