The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL thread: Carson Wentz out for the year with torn ACL.

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,274
    Suddenly Eagles/Panthers this Thursday looks like it could be a major factor in the NFC this year.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Okay, who's the wiseguy who put a curse on all the NYG WR's ankles? They all fucking died today!
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 8
    LOOOOOOLLL HOW ABOUT THAT DEFENSE!!?? SEE I TOLD YALL

Steelers got trashed by the Jags too oh man this is good. If we played them in Baltimore, we would have won.

SO MANY INJURIES ANOTHER GUY IS DOWN
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,564
    Thank you fumble out of endzone rule for letting this defense off the hook.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    Refs just gifted Dallas a TD.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    This offense is so fucking stupid. Can't run the ball so their plan is to try and go deep all the time, which doesn't work. And now they try it with a trick play and it gets picked.

Fuck off, Bevell. Christ.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,882
    OBJ looks like is done. Giants cant win. Im upset. Tank for a lineman/qb idc anymore.

This is the roughest season Ive had to endure as a giants fan. Such high hopes and it's all unraveling

Which means the giants will win 11 games straight and win the super bowl
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,295
    Green Bay vs Dallas, is already hype!! :o

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
    edited October 8
    21-3 my oh my it sure is quiet in here LETS TALK ABOUT JOE FLACCO

Man fuck this Crabtree guy, he's always dancing around and shit. We gotta put two people on him!

YESSS WALLACE IS BACK AND JOE 50 YARDS

They will say "oh Carr didn't play" but what about us? We got TONS of injuries over here too, we gotta run up the score on these guys and start converting people

edited October 8
    Holy shit a TD catch for Graham someone call Ripley's.

Edit: And Walsh sends the kickoff out of bounds. Team can't have shit.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,440
    OBJ looks like is done. Giants cant win. Im upset. Tank for a lineman/qb idc anymore.

This is the roughest season Ive had to endure as a giants fan. Such high hopes and it's all unraveling

Which means the giants will win 11 games straight and win the super bowl

My feeling on tanking hasn't changed when I was making fun of the Jets fans calling for it. Getting that high draft pick just isn't a guarantee of anything. You could say the Jets were gonna go QB and not left tackle, but with Jerry Reese still employed is a #1 pick left tackle any more of a guarantee? Same guy who drafted Ereck Flowers, don't forget. So even if they do tank, that's not a guarantee of much. Much like QBs, NFL caliber left tackles don't just grow on trees. That's why you pay them when you get one, that position might even start to see the kind of outlandish contract inflation that mediocre QBs have gotten in recent years. Not necessarily QB money, but just that kind of inflation. The Ryan Tannehill of tackles probably isn't in the league yet, but he could be soon.

Anyway yeah season's basically over. They weren't a Super Bowl team anyway, but now it's looking more like a 2 win team if that. I knew this season was gonna have some problems but I never thought they'd wind up with less wins than the Jets, that's in play now.
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,440
    Saitsu wrote: »
    ephidel-be-like-when-the-ravens-lose-i-be-quiet-but-when-they-start-winning-i-be-talking-again.jpg

You guys haven't ignored him yet? He hasn't contributed anything meaningful to this thread in years.

p.s. Joe Flacco is trash.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,168
    Odell Bekcham probably gonna call it a season after that ankle injury. Giants getting closer and closer to not making the playoffs after that loss too.

SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    It's a cracked fibula according to Fox just now. Nothing about OBJ's ankle was mentioned.

He will likely be out for the season though...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,882
    At 0-5 i wouldnt want hin to play again. It's a lost season so preserve your best player. No reason to risk him.

While nothing is guaranteed, a high draft pick is more likely to produce a hall of famer than any other spot so might as well try. They need a left tackle so bad
    You guys haven't ignored him yet? He hasn't contributed anything meaningful to this thread in years.

p.s. Joe Flacco is trash.

Giants are 0-5 so it looks like you won't be contributing much either :coffee:

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,233
    On the one hand, I hate the Giants and hope they go 0-16. On the other, I hate to see people get injured.
    edited October 8
    Joe Flacco 19/26 222 0 ints haters will hate.

Ravens got this up 10 two mins left.

BEST KICKER IN THE NFL

edited October 8
    Five takeaways by this defense. LOB the reason this team might win this game.

And the LOB was almost the reason they lost, but got bailed out hard by that drop in the end zone.

Win's a win tho. Top of the division via tiebreaker. Fuck the Rams.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,355 admin
    .... I don't know how the seachickens managed to pull that out, but thank you lawd

what the hell happened to gurley this game? :wtf: I'm a gurley believer. good job our d line I guess.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

• xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,645
    Here we go with this fool coming out of his safe spot gloating about beating a trash team again.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,562
    edited October 8
    He’s just like the SF09 guy from the NBA thread.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,645
    What's worse is I have to admit Flacco won me fantasy this week :angry:
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    Dallas vs. Green bay is going down to the wire! Is Dallas going to choke it up, again!?

LOLCOWBOYS!!!!

GODGERS had too much time and Dallas D screwed the pooch on that 3rd down play

• charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,119
    CAN'T wait to see First Take tomorrow. Stephen A Smith is going to destroy cowboys fans. This gives me one more week to be in Texas without hearing then say shit.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,468
    CDB2 wrote: »
    LOLCOWBOYS!!!!

GODGERS had too much time and Dallas D screwed the pooch on that 3rd down play

Rodgers made that play. Rodgers is probably the best mobile quarter back in NFL history. He can make plays
    with his feet but he only does it when he has to, and when he does he absolutely kills the other team.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Didn't realize Jerry sold the Cowboys to Aaron Rodgers cause he really is the owner of the Cowboys.
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    God-Tier Rodgers one more time. I love that man when he plays Dallas. I know he owns everybody, but he ESPECIALLY owns them.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying in his best Shannon Sharpe voice:

SKIIIIIIPPPPPP!!!!!! I’m celebratin’! With dem milds wit dat yac!!
    God-Tier Rodgers one more time. I love that man when he plays Dallas. I know he owns everybody, but he ESPECIALLY owns them.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying in his best Shannon Sharpe voice:

SKIIIIIIPPPPPP!!!!!! I’m celebratin’! With dem milds wit dat yac!!

Shannon Sharpe gonna load up with yet another Cuban while Skip roasts his own defense...as he should because COME ON!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file