The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL Thread: Jordan Matthews traded. Sammy Watkins traded. Zeke suspended for 6

Comments

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,033
    edited August 7
    Ok Jay Cutler is a big dude but....football? Really?

I appreciate going after your dreams but, sometimes you should just stick to what you're good at. Just sayin'.

hqdefault.jpg
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Maaaaan wtf Fins.....
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,833
    Saitsu wrote: »
    KimuraLOX wrote: »
    That face :rofl:

Guess Tannehill going on IR.

Which he should've been on from the start. Him being too prideful and skipping surgery led to this.

Yep, he should have had surgery last year. He'd be nearly recovered by now.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm gonna cry this whole season.

Have fun non Dolphin fans
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,864
    Dude is gonna throw so many picks...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,331
    edited August 8
    A shame. Because dude had arm talent that only comes in the draft once every 5- 10 years.

Somewhere along the way he gave up. He probably just doesn't have passion for the game anymore.

He wouldn't be the first to phone it in for a paycheck.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,108
    DukeC wrote: »
    A shame. Because dude had arm talent that only comes in the draft once every 5- 10 years.

Somewhere along the way he gave up. He probably just doesn't have passion for the game anymore.

I mean, what are the Dolphins gonna do at this point? Cut him? He'd just walk back to the booth with the extra pocket change.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 224
    I've been a fins fan all my life. I just don't know where to begin with this Cutler pick up. Maybe this will turn out into one of those great redemption stories. I'm about to go listen to hootie and the blowfish.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,989
    Somewhere along the way he gave up.

Prevailing theory is that moment was halftime of the NFC title game.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    Dolphin fans shouldn't care all too much. He's just temporary in every way and if he goes bad...well it wouldn't have been any different if you hadn't picked him up.

The worry should be about Tannehill's knee.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,079
    edited August 8

Cutler probably gave up when Lovie Smith failed in building a good offensive line for close to a decade in Chicago.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,931

He went from the Broncos to the Bears who were terrible for his stay there. After a certain point of not having an OLine or star receivers with constant coaching changes he just took it as a 9-5
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lmao, wtf does cutler face never change?, always got that "welp, fuck it" look on his face!
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • kazkaz 'Dat Kryptonite Joined: Posts: 4,077
    I need more fantasy football players. Where y'all at?

@Spycarnegy
    @TheWholeFnShow
    @HyperGear
    @KowtowRobinson
    @Exodus.
    @spideyman

I have 10 spots left. Still getting info to compile for draft times to suit everyone. Look for rules changed this year. Draftkings style scoring will be in effect.
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

Thurst mad about Romo in IRC:
    (4:12:43 PM) thurstOFF left the room (Leaving) HAHAHA
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,929
    edited August 8
    If we are short 10 can't we just make one group instead of 2?
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,941
    Does everyone prefer ESPN to Yahoo fantasy football? The reason I ask is that this is the only League I play using ESPN- I have four other leagues in Yahoo. I started out using Yahoo so that's always been the norm. Just wondering what advantages ESPN has, if any.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,556
    man tom brady is extremely happy right now lol
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Does everyone prefer ESPN to Yahoo fantasy football? The reason I ask is that this is the only League I play using ESPN- I have four other leagues in Yahoo. I started out using Yahoo so that's always been the norm. Just wondering what advantages ESPN has, if any.

ESPN is still relevant.
    Twitchy | Twatter

Fuck Yahoo's interface.

Yeah. I echo @r00ster22 . I don't like Yahoo's interface. Plus I much more prefer ESPN for their league manager tools and interface. Plus we've always used ESPN here on SRK.
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,941
    edited August 8
    kaz wrote: »

Yeah. I echo @r00ster22 . I don't like Yahoo's interface. Plus I much more prefer ESPN for their league manager tools and interface. Plus we've always used ESPN here on SRK.
    Ok, that makes sense.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,864
    I thought @r00ster22 was dead. Haven't seen that dude post in forever.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I have risen just like Ezekiel is about to rise above these false accusations.

Also @kaz make sure I'm in @chadouken!'s league so that Redskin fan can catch these hands.

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,501
    @kaz im down ffl
  • TheWholeFnShowTheWholeFnShow Been here too long. Joined: Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

@Spycarnegy
    @TheWholeFnShow
    @HyperGear
    @KowtowRobinson
    @Exodus.
    @spideyman

I have 10 spots left. Still getting info to compile for draft times to suit everyone. Look for rules changed this year. Draftkings style scoring will be in effect.

I'm passing on SRK FF. I'm in a few other leagues already. Last year's "point per target" rule was pretty weird. If I'm available, I'd be happy to draft for someone that may miss the draft.

As for ESPN vs. Yahoo FF, some people love/hate one over the other. They have their pros and cons. I like both for different reasons, but they basically do the same things, so it's a matter of preference. One somewhat annoying thing is for fractional scoring, ESPN does not show 2 decimal places. If your score is 98.12, it will display 98.1. You have to hover over your score to actually see 98.12.
    SRK's Kristin Kreuk lover: 2000 - 2006
    SRK's Brenda Song lover: 2006 - 2011
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,421
    edited August 9
    Ken34 wrote: »
    lmao, wtf does cutler face never change?, always got that "welp, fuck it" look on his face!

I'm struggling to figure out if you've actually never seen the Smokin' Jay Cutler meme......

http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/

@kaz sent you the info
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 9
    Wrong thread.....
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske

I'm struggling to figure out if you've actually never seen the Smokin' Jay Cutler meme......

http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/

@kaz sent you the info

of course ive seen it, but after the years have passed and now he gets another chance, you would think his demeanor would change.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 1,963
    edited August 9
    https://facebook.com/MEMES.of.the.NFL/videos/1582290651817617/

Best Smoking Cutler meme yet !!!!

So a protest on Sat for Kaepernick gonna happen by civil rights activists! Good Shit!
    Even though I don't think it will do much for Kaep getting signed this year.............I hope the rally has a good turnout.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,421
    They can rally all they want, the only thing that will get Kaepernick signed is a large number of season ticket holders from a team like the Jets to stop purchasing season tickets over them not signing Kaepernick. Any team that signs him WILL lose ticket sales, that's fucked up but it's true. Only way he gets signed is for him NOT being signed to have an equal or greater effect on ticket sales.
    Not to mention the Jets are actively tanking. For them to sign Kaep would be an admittance that he's horrible.
    edited August 9
    http://dailysnark.com/jets-qb-christian-hackenberg-kicked-practice-not-knowing-break-huddle-correctly/

Mother fucker gets sent off the field because he fails to properly break the huddle. Twice.

J-E-T-S
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,471
    Over/Under odds of Bears going 0-16.
    I got 100.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 537
    Falcons paid Devonta Freeman, I have no issues with that. Guy had vastly outplayed his contract
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 1,963
    DGod205 wrote: »
    I got 100.

The Bears are bad like 3-13 but I really do think the Jets will go 0-16. They have NOTHING other than Richardson. They are going to get bodied week in week out. They not only have the Pats/Dolphins even with Cutler and the Bills which are double what they are talent wise. They play the NFC South and AFC West arguably the best divisions in football. They only lucked out playing the Browns and Jags cuz they suck so much ass last year and those are the only winnable games. This team has no QB, NO WR a old AF Forte at RB, No Line, No TE, No CB's, No LB's..

The bears are like the 3rd worst team behind the Jets and 49ers.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,313

I'll bite. Lets get it fam
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    edited August 10
    I got 100.

nah, that sounds alot more realistic if you swap out the bears for the jets.

found this cutler gem on youtube
    Post edited by Ken34 on
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,931
    The Jets are tanking for Sam Darnold.
    I got 100.

nah, that sounds alot more realistic if you swap out the bears for the jets.

It sounds that way until you consider the Jets doing a Jets-like thing and winning too many games to ruin the tanking.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    @kaz im down ffl

I don't have your email address.

Spycarnegy wrote: »

I'll bite. Lets get it fam

Same for you. Where's your email? Come on people, you know the drill by now.

PRESEASON!!!!!!!
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,375
    Time to watch Breesus bless the field...at least for one drive.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    MAH BOY WENTZ just made Clay Matthews his bitch.
    Mike Glennon..............what the fuck?!!?

-Traitor Aizen Souske