The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL Thread: Jordan Matthews traded. Sammy Watkins traded. Zeke suspended for 6

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,090
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    That would indicate Winston got hurt so at that moment I know the season is a lost cause anyway. We needed a Vet backup and while I would of rather of had Kaep personally, I don't mind Fitzpatrick.

Welcome to Tampa Fitz Magic.

We know. It'll happen.

Fitz being your backup is a curse. The starter always gets hurt, and Fitz always gets his contract.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,967
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,485
    Why?

This issue with OT has always been one team may never see the ball, not the length

God damnit Goodell
    Player safety is their reason, which makes it even more stupid because from what I heard, doing this would eliminate around 0.06% of the plays run during the season, since so so very very few times an OT game makes it 10 minutes.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,929
    You can only celebrate in ways we find acceptable! I get its a business and they worry about the image, but fuck old people they will watch anyway. They need to get the young generation and I think celebrations help that. They sure as hell allow more storylines which is only good. They take this game way too seriously.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 532
    I don't know why the NFL doesn't use the Arena League's OT system. Both teams get the ball no matter what, then it's sudden death.

As for celebrations, part of me enjoys them and another part remembers how silly Joe Horn having a cell phone under the goal post was.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,911
    They should use soccer rules. Just let a draw be a draw unless it's a finals game. The current OT Rules would be fine then just don't bother with OT in regular season. If they were to change anything about current OT rules both teams should get at least one series on offence.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Last I remember defensive players get paid, first team to score in OT should win.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    I always thought letting the other team match was a good idea.

Basically if team 1 scores fg then team 2 scor

Stadium isnt ready
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,373
    edited May 23
    Well to be more specific it won't be ready in time. Ah well.

Thoughts?
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    Truth be told, I think it's a bad idea in general. I mean, what are the legitimate chances that the ones who wouldn't have made the 75 originally, would make the 53?

It just makes it tougher to find time in the end of the Preseason for all these guys for actual evaluation and the ones who would've been cut would've at least found another team to try for.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,632
    Megatron was at Raiders OTA's. Giving pointers out there
    David Quessenbery was back at Texans practice. If you haven't heard of him it's because he spent the last three years fighting cancer. No guarantee to make any roster but still great he's back on the field.
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    David Quessenbery was back at Texans practice. If you haven't heard of him it's because he spent the last three years fighting cancer. No guarantee to make any roster but still great he's back on the field.

he's finally cancer free? Good stuff to him
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,077

Stadium probably isn't ready. The NFL also has a policy that requires the stadium to be up and running for an entire season before being eligible for a Super Bowl bid.

Florida will have two Super Bowls back-to-back with the Super Bowl LV move from LA to Tampa.

Bugs-Bunny-Saw-Florida.gif
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    a15kko wrote: »
    FrostyAU wrote: »

he's finally cancer free? Good stuff to him

Yeah man, he actually broke the bell. Big dude, even sick.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Megatron said he only retired because of how poorly Lions management treated him.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Megatron said he only retired because of how poorly Lions management treated him.

I always felt he did the same thing Sanders did.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    Glad to see my broncos making smooth progress on the offense, hopefully we have a superbowl in our near future.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

He about to put a little salsa on that Chicago style hot dog. :lol:
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    Gimpy wrote: »

He about to put a little salsa on that Chicago style hot dog. :lol:

He's not scoring any tds. He's lost whatever quickness he had. It was painful to watch last season
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,929
    He made a career feeding off the awful Cowboys secondary. He looked like a middle of the pack 3rd WR last year. A decent gamble and low risk so why not.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,927
    r00ster22 wrote: »
    He made a career feeding off the awful Cowboys secondary. He looked like a middle of the pack 3rd WR last year. A decent gamble and low risk so why not.
    Redskins secondary was worse than Cowboys.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    edited May 26

Just saw this but California was hit with rain pretty bad this year. Hadn't rained like that in 15 ish years. The rain fucked up the construction spot and delayed everything by a year so they won't start building until next year i believe. For a site to host a super bowl the stadium has to have been open for at least two years and with the delay it will be only open for one year
    Hadn't rained like that in 15 ish years.

Obviously this means God is angry at the Rams and Chargers. May they both be smote in the standings for many seasons.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Hadn't rained like that in 15 ish years.

Obviously this means God is angry at the Rams and Chargers. May they both be smote in the standings for many seasons.

Rams wont be good. Chargers might be okay but their division is brutal right now.
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

chadouken! wrote: »
    r00ster22 wrote: »
    Redskins secondary was worse than Cowboys.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying in the voice of the Eagles' secondary:

Hold my beer.
    Why are we arguing who has the worst secondary? They're all bad. :coffee:
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Why are we arguing who has the worst secondary? They're all bad. :coffee:

No unit in the league is worse than Jaguars special teams
    So Kaep may get signed by the Seahawks. I'm fine with it. Good for him.

Even better for him since he won't be the one that has to stand behind that Hawks O-line.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    So Kaep may get signed by the Seahawks. I'm fine with it. Good for him.

Even better for him since he won't be the one that has to stand behind that Hawks O-line.

His TD/INT ratio is still really good at his completion percentage isn't as terrible as people act. Like he's good enough to start somewhere so having him as a backup is a steal.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    if i recall they signed him to a 3 yr deal?
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
    Ken34 wrote: »
    if i recall they signed him to a 3 yr deal?

Wouldn't be the dumbest thing to do given that if a guy like Cam or Dak gets lost for the season they'd do a trade like Bradford for him. That or they're just planning on Russel dying behind that Oline.
    Beautiful
    Twitchy | Twatter

Man they must really be up shit creek financially.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,940 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Sucks that they released Clayton after this great commercial............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,680
    Maclin's going to be a steal for a team that can get the ball downfield to him.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi

And Brock threw the ball.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    apparently seahawks came out with some sorry excuse as to why they havent signed kaep, something about him being starting material but they already have a starter so they dont want to sign him...yea ok.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,793
    Ken34 wrote: »
    apparently seahawks came out with some sorry excuse as to why they havent signed kaep, something about him being starting material but they already have a starter so they dont want to sign him...yea ok.

So tell me again how he isn't being blacklisted?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    The Chiefs cut Macklin. Probably the most confusing roster cut since Josh Sitton.
    Cutting a man a week after his wedding. The Fatman probably took half the cake too.

Don't worry Maclin...just come back home. We still love you.
    They gave him a shot and then they said no. Which is still more than most teams gave him. If I had to guess, he probably still wants starter money for being a bench warmer, and the team is just trying to not make that the reason publicly. But sorry, Kaep, the Hawks are not doing that Matt Flynn shit again.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Didnt maclin have 2 good years with the cheifs?
    Didnt maclin have 2 good years with the cheifs?

Yep. Last year he was a bit slowed due to injury but otherwise was Alex Smith's best and pretty much only WR. He isn't happy about the move.

Chances are this is both about money, and to basically state their intention that Smith is done after this year...if not even sooner than that.