The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL thread: if you’re going against Antonio Brown this week, just take the L.

Comments

• ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,456
    That cat is right to be upset. Someone waking up to poop in their slippers in the morning.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,106
    Seattle needs to get fined for that shit with Russ last night though. Refs took him out to be checked under protocol (and before people shout on the refs...who really were bad that game, that drive was stalled anyway and Russ probably would've made it back by the next drive) and he and the Seahawks basically outright ignored it and didn't check him at all.

It's one thing if you think the "protocol" thing is a PR joke, but Russ legit got lit up on his jaw by the crown of a helmet and got speared to hell. You lose nothing from checking to make sure your FRANCHISE QB is legitimately okay.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,516
    jae hoon wrote: »
    So Bennett was playing with a torn rotator cuff for Green Bay and they still released him, what a shit organization.

What I don't get about these situations is don't teams run full medicals? Plenty of players fail their medicals after getting acquired in trades or free-agency. Surely they would have got him to sign over his medical records and done their own examinations.

It stinks to me.

I feel like the organization would have known, but because of a technicality they've decided to cut him loose as it's convenient. They're not a contender without Rodgers, Bennett was talking retirement at the end of the season so here is Green Bay going.... well, you know, we're not winning this year and we wont have him next year so why pay the guy.

Bennett is also outspoken on social issues, not quite as much as his brother but enough that an old-school franchise like Green Bay might have been having second-thoughts.
    What it is, is that Bennett knew about his injury but was playing through it when Rodgers was around. When Rodgers went down, Bennett figured the season was a lost cause and wanted to be put on IR so he could get surgery. Green Bay refused and cut him.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i heard bennett had the same injury all of last year for the patriots, but bennett nor the patriots ever let it be known just how serious it was, he would just show up on the injury report with a shoulder injury. what was being said was the packers didnt know how bad the shoulder injury was and bennett has been playing through it all year without their knowledge, so they cut him. who know what is truth and what is rumor right now.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,417
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Seattle needs to get fined for that shit with Russ last night though. Refs took him out to be checked under protocol (and before people shout on the refs...who really were bad that game, that drive was stalled anyway and Russ probably would've made it back by the next drive) and he and the Seahawks basically outright ignored it and didn't check him at all.

It's one thing if you think the "protocol" thing is a PR joke, but Russ legit got lit up on his jaw by the crown of a helmet and got speared to hell. You lose nothing from checking to make sure your FRANCHISE QB is legitimately okay.

Stanton got hit harder & show more signs of pain then Wilson did. Did he get concus protocol? What about Fritz getting hit by Kam. It was a joke in the first place to even remove Wilson He showed no signs of being concuss. How many times have we seen qbs get sacked or hit but do they remove them in a pivotal drive? No the refs were trying to control the game as much as possible to keep the game close.

Im going to laugh my ass off if the Eagles going for a game winning drive & officials decides to remove Wentz to do "proper protocol" because he got hit. The NFL is just opening up a Pandora box to just give defensive players to gun QBs in the head all the time.

What they need to do is protect the integrity of the game by at least stopping play just like they do with injuries. Let them do the protocol evaluation & if he's a no go then the player who did the hit should also either be thrown out or sit until the player can return. Wilson showed no signs before, during, or after his removal of the snap.
    If we're on a winning drive and Wentz has to leave the game during protocol, the only anger I have is that Wentz got potentially hurt. I'm MORE than willing to lose a game if it means I can guarantee his health.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dam rcaido has no heart, he thinks the players are just pawns on a playboard there to win for him. thats how careers get ended man, you got to be extra careful with hits like that.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
    Ken34 wrote: »
    dam rcaido has no heart, he thinks the players are just pawns on a playboard there to win for him. thats how careers get ended man, you got to be extra careful with hits like that.

Turns out he hates Russell Wilson more than the Cardinals and Packers combined.
    Go watch flag football & WNBA then you pansies...Wilson did not show any signs of concuss right after the hit, when they took him out, or when he got right back in. You guys are trying to make it a bigger deal then it needs to be. Lets just take out every player everytime they get hit better yet lets just have the players do two hand touch for their health & saftey.
    Well man, you better get on learning your backup QB's name, because you'll be seeing a lot more of it if Russ pulls this shit again.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,516
    Well man, you better get on learning your backup QB's name, because you'll be seeing a lot more of it if Russ pulls this shit again.

Surprised Russ isn't dead yet with that OLine honestly.

That's a 70s Saints tier OLine.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,456

Only fight Notre Dame put up tonight.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    Can I fire Hue for the Browns? Please? Because that was just pathetic.
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,063
    Breesus Christ is in rare form and Mark Ingram is playing like he Kamara coming for his job.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,596
    Oh shit. One of the Saints ST RBs may have just been paralyzed from a nasty hit he took in the game.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,144
    Adrian Peterson: I need more touches.
    Saints: We don't need a running game. We got Breesus!
    Adrian Peterson: I see you. I'm out. Trade me.
    Saints: HOW'S OUR RUNNING GAME NOW?
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,063
    If the Saints aren't in eveeyones top 5 teams next week I am going to snap. They are playing like they want the Superbowl. Brees is playing great football and that 2 man attack in Kamara/Ingram is dominating. The defense is playing at an Elite level. I hope to god the NFC championship game is Eagles versus the Saints. That is gonna be a fun game to watch.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,783
    When I left the gym, the score of the MIN/WAS game was 21-17 and I had just watched Theilen score. When I got home 15 minutes later, it was 35-20.

Get rekt, Deadskins.
    charlie88 wrote: »
    If the Saints aren't in eveeyones top 5 teams next week I am going to snap. They are playing like they want the Superbowl. Brees is playing great football and that 2 man attack in Kamara/Ingram is dominating. The defense is playing at an Elite level. I hope to god the NFC championship game is Eagles versus the Saints. That is gonna be a fun game to watch.

The Saints are the best team in the NFC.
    charlie88 wrote: »

The Saints are the best team in the NFC.

And there are still salty old heads that won't give them any props because "The defense hasn't been exposed by good teams yet" which shows that they were under a rock during their first two games.
    SFV - Balrog
    Why wasn't Mariota in concuss protocol after his head hit the ground? Of course no one will care because its not the Hawks
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,144
    edited November 12
    rcaido wrote: »
    Why wasn't Mariota in concuss protocol after his head hit the ground? Of course no one will care because its not the Hawks

He got up shortly after getting hit. Looked like he was favoring his leg or just trying to catch his breath. Didn’t look like he suffered a concussion.

What do you want? Every quarterback to be in concussion protocol after they get hit?
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    edited November 12
    Wil wrote: »

He got up shortly after getting hit. Looked like he was favoring his leg or just trying to catch his breath. Didn’t look like he suffered a concussion.

What do you want? Every quarterback to be in concussion protocol after they get hit?

According Saitsu that's what we should do. For players safety...

He was definitely shaken up by that, they had to call a timeout for him to get a breather. No protocol despite hitting his head & looking woozy.
    Rcaido found a new 10am it seems

In more relevant news the Saints broke a franchise record today with 6 Rush TDs and nearly 300 yards rushing. I am loving this even more than the team finally finding a competent defense. Hopefully we continue riding this momentum. WHODAT!!
    SFV - Balrog
    Wil wrote: »

According Saitsu that's what we should do. For players safety...

He was definitely shaken up by that, they had to call a timeout for him to get a breather. No protocol despite hitting his head & looking woozy.

And I'm not reversing my course, despite you trying to shame me into doing so since you think I'm biased against the Seahawks.

By the way, Mariota SHOULD'VE been put in protocol.
    So dumb, why is Kaep not playing & you have Savage out there...
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,768
    edited November 12
    We are two Saints wins away from monbaby coming back
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,110
    He is white and doesn't kneel for racial injustice. I already said a real Texans fan would protest watching them and they deserve to lose out.

Side Note: Dem Boys looking awful.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,768
    Robert Woods is bailing me out in fantasy this week
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,003
    I don't even blame Savage, at least not completely, Rick Smith and the coaches have been choosing duds at offensive line and keeping them instead of actually upgrading the positions. With Brown gone the check has come to the table and their best players in that group are a sophomore that didn't play his rookie season and a backup guard/center.

Imagine Watson with an average to good offensive line instead of this joke the organization has put out there. Kaepernick is lucky the Texans didn't try to get him, him playing behind the 'starters'. Would have just been fuel for the narrative he can't play.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Meanwhile we are going back to Hopkins making crappie QBs look good on the status sheet.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Prescot is not better then Wilson now you know!

Hopkins so much talent so much waste!
    Prescot is not better then Wilson now you know!

Hopkins so much talent so much waste!

Sadly he is very much on the same path that Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald had to endure for most of their careers until next season, great stats on lame teams.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,782
    edited November 13
    Do people not remember how bad kaep was after harbaugh left

Giants lose again! One less game until mcadoodiledoo is gone
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,783
    Do people not remember how bad kaep was after harbaugh left

Giants lose again! One less game until mcadoodiledoo is gone

I wouldn't put all of that on Kaep. The entire team on both sides of the ball completely collapsed after Harbaugh left. There are probably a number of players from that squad at the time of Harbaugh's departure that would have thrived in more stable organizations.
  • PastramiPastrami Delicious Deli Meat Joined: Posts: 246
    edited November 13
    The Texans got RAMMED, go Rams!! I cant wait for the Rams vs Saints game, I'll be going to that one :)
    [♥slimey... yet satisfying♥]