The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL thread: Remember when Dak was a good qb? Lol

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,122
    Thanks Falcons, you're not completely useless for once.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,613
    Useless and overrated ass Cowboys. :angry:
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,072
    I just need Miami to beat Carolina. We need that 2 game cushion.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,831
    I need panthers to beat the Dolphins then its all good for the Raiders
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,072
    At this point I am ready for the season to end. We know who the best teams are. Lets just call it over and get to the playoffs. I would rather watch playoff Football now. Regular Season Football isn't as good this year as it used to be. Too many injuries have killed the teams that were fun to watch.

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,420
    charlie88 wrote: »
    At this point I am ready for the season to end. We know who the best teams are. Lets just call it over and get to the playoffs. I would rather watch playoff Football now. Regular Season Football isn't as good this year as it used to be. Too many injuries have killed the teams that were fun to watch.

Not really, its only first half of the season. This is when most teams start playing their division rivals. The rookie wall starts to creep in too. People with soft schedules like the Rams will start playing the tougher teams. Team dynamics will change with star players injuries. So much shit still happening & so much shit can still happen.
    Cutler you dumb fuck
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,145
    edited November 14
    Suh or Burfict? Who's the most scumbag player in the NFL? :coffee:

SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    Miami you dumb fucks.

Well at least this week will be interesting. Seattle and Atlanta playing for playoff seeding. You know that will be a good game.
    SFV - Balrog
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,115
    Starting off 7-0 with a top tier roster in SRK league 1 is now 7-3 gonna be hard pressed to even win another game and the entire roster is patchwork at best. Never been in week 11 where in my starting lineup there is not a single player from the week 1 lineup still in it.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    Starting off 7-0 with a top tier roster in SRK league 1 is now 7-3 gonna be hard pressed to even win another game and the entire roster is patchwork at best. Never been in week 11 where in my starting lineup there is not a single player from the week 1 lineup still in it.

its going to be a tight race between the top 4 teams and that russell wilson team thats like on a 5 game winning streak. i finally take possesion of first place, only thing i need is a freakin quarterback, i have like a million receivers.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,900
    So this Asshat

Goodell reportedly demands $50 million salary, lifetime private jet use in contract negotiations
    http://www.wbaltv.com/article/goodell-contract-negotiations/13531330

I would of told him that his services will no longer be required, and to please submit his resignation letter by the end of business today.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    So this Asshat

Goodell reportedly demands $50 million salary, lifetime private jet use in contract negotiations

I would of told him that his services will no longer be required, and to please submit his resignation letter by the end of business today.

No the owners outside Jerry Jones are all for it and trying to black ball him atm.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,900
    jae hoon wrote: »
    So this Asshat

No the owners outside Jerry Jones are all for it and trying to black ball him atm.

Still, I don't think this guy needs or deserves half the shit he is asking for.
    He already has a private jet provided to him, makes 36 mill a year.
    And with 36 mill a year he does not need free lifetime health insurance, he can pay it all out of pocket and not be hurt by it with the exception of the most extreme cases.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    So this Asshat

And with 36 mill a year he does not need free lifetime health insurance, he can pay it all out of pocket and not be hurt by it with the exception of the most extreme cases.

If he can get it why not? Everyone is getting their money why not him. The NFL owners get 14billion a year, those are wealthy mofos who dont even need it. yet we still have to pay for outrages ticket prices, overprice merchandise, & expensive ass food in the stadium that we paid to build.
    rcaido wrote: »

Not really, its only first half of the season. This is when most teams start playing their division rivals. The rookie wall starts to creep in too. People with soft schedules like the Rams will start playing the tougher teams. Team dynamics will change with star players injuries. So much shit still happening & so much shit can still happen.

I honestly don't see any changes unless injury takes place. Saints will split with Atlanta. Probably lose to Washington and will win every game outside of that. The Rams probably still win most of there remain in schedule. Philly wins the east. Seattle and Carolina get wildcard spots. Unless injury comes through I don't see the spots changing. The only team I fear is Atlanta getting hot in which case I still like my Saints to curb stomp our division this year.

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,011
    So this Asshat

I agree but you are looking at this from a 'common senses' POV.

In a 'entitled rich mofo' perspective homeboy is trying to do what we see happen in the NFL every year by players getting the best at their positions. Now a case can be made Goodell is not the best at his position but for the owners he seems to be their boy save maybe Jerry Jones (who I think this is more of a power play then actually giving a damn what Goodell gets or he has lost his old man mind) and Robert Kraft (who given his personality I bet is still salty about Deflate Gate).

In either case unless you are related to any of these rich ducks this shit doesn't change a thing for most. If Goodell is replaced the owners will just install a new puppet and if he is not he will still be at their strings. Jerry is either forward thinking trying to keep the future cost of the position low or he has his own stooge waiting in the wings or he is just a crazy old jackals... maybe a combination of all three of those scenarios.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Also consider the fact that those demands Goodell made? They were from months ago. We're only even hearing about it now because Jerry probably got it leaked to discredit Goodell further.

At this point, it's just a giant pissing match.
    Zeke has tapped out and has accepted the 6 game suspension.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,115
    Even the worst the Bucs can do to make me hate my life choices when it comes to the NFL there is always the Browns and Bills to make me feel better.

Seriously benching Tyrod for a rookie when your above .500? Bills taking the ultimate risk here for no reason.
    The Saints games against the Rams and the Panthers got flexed to late afternoon. Would be better if one of them got the night game but seeing who's already playing them (Steelers-Packers) (Seahawks-Eagles) I can settle for this.
    SFV - Balrog
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,078
    Bills were looking for an excuse to rid themselves of Taylor all year long. He's been treated like shit over there ever since winning the starting job afew years back.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,831
    Why do they hate him so much
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,011
    a15kko wrote: »
    Why do they hate him so much

I personally think the coaches really don't know what to do with his skill set despite his talent haven't been able to adapt or get him to where they want the starting QB to be. It is the old prejudice the against 'athletic' QBs at the professional level the majority of the coaches think only one or two ways things can be done. It is the reason D. Watson fell in the draft although credit to O'Brian and staff they didn't just fall into the same trap and found some trust in their QB.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    Even the worst the Bucs can do to make me hate my life choices when it comes to the NFL there is always the Browns and Bills to make me feel better.

Seriously benching Tyrod for a rookie when your above .500? Bills taking the ultimate risk here for no reason.

yea im seriously in disbelief...that shit doesnt make any sense.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,471
    Bills don't want to make the playoffs. Why end that streak?
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    I mean Black athletic QB's have a history as being looked at as "less skilled". There is a racial undertone here however if you notice those QB's that get in a good system typically destroy defenses.

Just gonna ask, has anyone actually WATCHED Tyrod play? Because while I also don't condone benching him, I'm not gonna pretend he's been playing as well as people think he is. Truth be told, he's playing like early Alex Smith. He refuses to make any throw unless his receiver is absurdly open, and he's prone to a ton of checkdowns.

He won't lose you a game, but he won't win you any either. Again, I don't think he should've been benched but I don't blame the Bills wanting to look beyond him. Mostly because they don't have the ability to actually teach him to be better than he is.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Just gonna ask, has anyone actually WATCHED Tyrod play? Because while I also don't condone benching him, I'm not gonna pretend he's been playing as well as people think he is. Truth be told, he's playing like early Alex Smith. He refuses to make any throw unless his receiver is absurdly open, and he's prone to a ton of checkdowns.

He won't lose you a game, but he won't win you any either. Again, I don't think he should've been benched but I don't blame the Bills wanting to look beyond him. Mostly because they don't have the ability to actually teach him to be better than he is.

i understand what you mean, i havent watched a ton of him, but his numbers are honestly not that bad...like there is no reason to bench him, and lets not forget they let go of sammy watkins and robert woods who are now with the rams, who does he even have to throw to? jordan mathews? that guy is trash, you know that best.

but i digress, actually play and numbers dont always line up, so maybe he looks worse than his numbers speak for?
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,770
    Coach wanted "his" guy out there, and the team didn't want to pay out extra bonus money to someone who is going to be gone next year anyway.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,836
    edited November 16
    I mean Black athletic QB's have a history as being looked at as "less skilled". There is a racial undertone here however if you notice those QB's that get in a good system typically destroy defenses.

To be fair there's only a small handful I would consider historically elite. Warren Moon was one of them, Daunte Culpepper and Donovan McNabb were in striking distance before outside variables affected their ability, Russell Wilson has flirted with it for a while (having a ring definitely helps his case), Cam Newton looked to be on his way but he hasn't been the same since the Super Bowl fiasco so now he's more "capable" than "elite" like he once was. Maybe if the Panthers keep up the good work and make it to the playoffs and Cam can pull off some upsets it'll redeem him in people's eyes. Real shame about Watson because he looked to be on track to have a historically awesome season so hopefully next year he can avoid that bug and do what needs to be done.

I think a big problem is that a number of the most highly touted black QBs, namely ones that the media gets behind like RG3, end up falling flat on their face and become a very unfair warning against "those kind of QBs" even though there was a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes that sabotaged them.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,836
    Jerry Jones is now introuble with the other owners and is at risk of possibly losing his team if he doesn't get on board the contract extension Goddell wants.

That dude is a piece of shit anyway. I welcome his well-deserved exile.
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Jerry Jones is now introuble with the other owners and is at risk of possibly losing his team if he doesn't get on board the contract extension Goddell wants.

That dude is a piece of shit anyway. I welcome his well-deserved exile.

Ironically while I did not disagree with that, for once he is right.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,770
    Can we get rid of them both?
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    I really don't understand why all the owners are wanting to push through these ridiculous demands Goddell has, what is the end game.
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,943
    Go Jerry Go! Get exiled so I can finally relinquish my team from your old oily hands.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    edited November 16
    Ken34 wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »

i understand what you mean, i havent watched a ton of him, but his numbers are honestly not that bad...like there is no reason to bench him, and lets not forget they let go of sammy watkins and robert woods who are now with the rams, who does he even have to throw to? jordan mathews? that guy is trash, you know that best.

but i digress, actually play and numbers dont always line up, so maybe he looks worse than his numbers speak for?

Jordan Matthews isn't trash, he's just nowhere near a Number 1 Receiver, a good Number 2-3 guy. He also has Kelvin Benjamin now who certainly can be a Number 1 guy.

His numbers aren't bad because he takes 0 risks. Again, that's obviously not a terrible habit, but it just leads to average QB play. Alex Smith didn't become a threat until he learned how to take calculated risks down the field and truly use his legs as a weapon. Tyrod is basically what Alex Smith was like early on the Niners before he actually started to put it together. And had Alex Smith not gone to KC under the tutelage of the Fatman, that might've been all he was.

Because right now, Tyrod is a great backup QB. A guy that can come in, under any system, and not lose you any games. He just won't win you any. That's basically the Bills in a nutshell right now. They play not to lose, which is fine against bad teams but as the level of competition increases, that's not enough. But again, nothing he has done has warranted getting benched either unless they honestly think Peterman is the heir apparent.