The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL Thread: time for SRK Fantasy Football signups! Let @kaz know you want in.

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    If it's a heart condition, he needs to retire immediately.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Saitsu wrote: »

From what I hear it is the same thing that cost Bosh his career.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »

From what I hear it is the same thing that cost Bosh his career.

Then yeah, he's done.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,785
    Speaking of conditions Zach Orr has apparently got clearance from his doctors and been told his likely hood of dying is the same as any other player. He's looking at returning and had a visit with the Detroit Lions scheduled
    THUGboys at it again
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 1,906
    I laughed so hard Dak did the auto pen.

Less than a month!
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,922
    It worked in the 90s I think this is a good omen.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • ZeroZero Ruler of Dimension X Joined: Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wil wrote: »
    Same guy who sells this on his website:

dCXjtsy.jpg

I don't see anywhere on his website that sells that.
    "Dont call it a comeback / I've been here for years"

Steam ID: drzerogi

Aura Crusher:
    www.geocities.com/xybaz (this site is dead, BTW)
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 1,906
    @kaz its about that time bro. You should starting getting this together early to give people ample time to get off and setup draft times and leagues and shit so we don't get 5+ autobots in each league.

FFB Time BAAAABEEEE!!!!
    You know there will be a ton of auto drafts anyway. :coffee:
    Almost time for football. On one hand it feels like it just ended but on the other hand this offseason feels like it's been going forever
    Yeah, TC in two weeks.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 521
    Best move of the offseason for them. Probably could have waited until the season, but it gives Rivera more power (for now) and lets the new GM have the full season to implement his people. Maybe the Panthers will now see the OL as a useful part of the team
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,852

This opens the door for Steve Smith to retire a Panther as well I believe.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,852
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20089406/trade-kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-blew-faces-hard-truths-nfl-2017-training-camp
    To keep Cousins in town for 2018, Washington will have two options. One is an unprecedented third franchise tag, which would guarantee Cousins a staggering $34.5 million on a one-year deal. Alternately, Washington could employ the transition tag, which would allow the Redskins to match any offer without compensation at the cost of $28.8 million for one year.

In other words, Cousins was already in line to make a minimum of $52.7 million over the next two seasons without sacrificing the leverage of going year-to-year on his contract. Allen and the organization wanted him to give up that leverage and leave nearly $40 million on the table for an additional $300,000.

Team trying to scalp him with that offer and then making the details public.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20089406/trade-kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-blew-faces-hard-truths-nfl-2017-training-camp
    To keep Cousins in town for 2018, Washington will have two options. One is an unprecedented third franchise tag, which would guarantee Cousins a staggering $34.5 million on a one-year deal. Alternately, Washington could employ the transition tag, which would allow the Redskins to match any offer without compensation at the cost of $28.8 million for one year.

In other words, Cousins was already in line to make a minimum of $52.7 million over the next two seasons without sacrificing the leverage of going year-to-year on his contract. Allen and the organization wanted him to give up that leverage and leave nearly $40 million on the table for an additional $300,000.

Team trying to scalp him with that offer and then making the details public.

Cousins owns all the chips and the organisation doesn't seem to see it. As long as he plays well there are half a dozen teams like the 9ers and Jets that would pay a ransom for him. Hell you could throw the Broncos in the mix and teams with old quarterbacks like the Cardinals, Saints and Chargers. The rate they're going he'll get tagged a third time and traded NBA style.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,850
    It's so hard to be a Redskins fan with that front office. McCloughen gave us a glimmer of hope... and then they fucking fired him. Fuck Allen, fuck Snyder. If Cousins goes to the Niners I'm switching teams. It's not like I even live in VA anymore.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's so hard to be a Redskins fan with that front office. McCloughen gave us a glimmer of hope... and then they fucking fired him. Fuck Allen, fuck Snyder. If Cousins goes to the Niners I'm switching teams. It's not like I even live in VA anymore.

They lowballed the fuck out of him and even went public over the fact but made it seem like Cousins fault. They only guaranteed him like 300k more than he'd get playing out this year plus the transition tag next year, not even the third franchise tag. Can't blame him for turning them down. The worst part of it all is the organisation went public to try shame him or throw him under a bus or something when they're the ones to blame.
    FrostyAU wrote: »

They lowballed the fuck out of him and even went public over the fact but made it seem like Cousins fault. They only guaranteed him like 300k more than he'd get playing out this year plus the transition tag next year, not even the third franchise tag. Can't blame him for turning them down. The worst part of it all is the organisation went public to try shame him or throw him under a bus or something when they're the ones to blame.

And Allen fucking called him "Kurt" multiple times. Can't even get the starting QB's name right. What a fucking joke.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 18

If Cousins go to the Niners I wouldn't give a fuck. Honestly, Jackson and Garcon was saving his ass because a lot of the passes he threw to them should either been picked off or broken up. I have to find that thread I saw on twitter about Cousins. That shit had me rolling.

Edit : I have this theory about Snyder and Allen and I saw a tweet that sort of said the same thing. I think Snyder, at this point, might be using Allen to get a stadium in Northern Virginia. Once it happens, he will probably get rid of him.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    Gimpy wrote: »

If Cousins go to the Niners I wouldn't give a fuck. Honestly, Jackson and Garcon was saving his ass because a lot of the passes he threw to them should either been picked off or broken up. I have to find that thread I saw on twitter about Cousins. That shit had me rolling.

Edit : I have this theory about Snyder and Allen and I saw a tweet that sort of said the same thing. I think Snyder, at this point, might be using Allen to get a stadium in Northern Virginia. Once it happens, he will probably get rid of him.

Man, I've been a diehard Skins fan for 33 years now, since I was four years old. But sometimes, enough is enough. Everything the Redskins front office represents goes against my personal ideals and values. It's really hard to show loyalty to that kind of ass-fuckery just for the sake of being loyal to a goddamned football team.

I'll be watching them this season with my arms crossed and kicking rocks, begrudgingly hoping deep down that they miraculously make the playoffs and somehow turn it all around. But if I'm being honest, I don't expect them to go .500 this year. And if they start getting sucked into the downward spiral of mediocrity we've been stuck in since '91, then I'm jumping ship until Snyder and Allen are gone. I'm sorry, but I just can't support those two assholes anymore.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    I wouldn't want to watch the Redskins this season. They're in a really hard division. The Cowboys and Eagles are loaded and the Giants are a serious threat as well. The Redskins are probably the worst team in that division right now.
    edited July 18
    I wouldn't want to watch the Redskins this season. They're in a really hard division. The Cowboys and Eagles are loaded and the Giants are a serious threat as well. The Redskins are probably the worst team in that division right now.
    I cut the cord earlier this year and won't be getting Sunday Ticket. I'll have to settle for whatever games are in my market area, or maybe catch a few at Bdub's or Hooters. Not that concerned about it though.

I'm definitely not spending any more money for that shit show.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    I always get Gamepass but because of where I live I get the games live and don't get blackouts at all.
    Feel free to join the Philly Brethren. We always welcome wayward souls.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,541
    I cut the cord earlier this year and won't be getting Sunday Ticket. I'll have to settle for whatever games are in my market area, or maybe catch a few at Bdub's or Hooters. Not that concerned about it though.

I'm definitely not spending any more money for that shit show.

You sound how ive sounded for years now and how the majority of browns fans should feel
    Football is too interesting for me not to watch. Even bad games have amazing plays and there are always upsets. Just wish I had more local friends I could talk about it or watch it with.
    Oh, I'm still watching it, and playing FF and getting in pools. I'm just not spending money to watch the Redskins lose.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    Really loving Shannon Sharpe on the whole Kaepernick situation. Kaepernick had a 90 passer rating even on a shit team, he deserves a job teams are just worried their white, Republican voting fans will revolt.
    He has been offered backup jobs, he turned them down.
    According to who? Which teams have actually offered him a job.
    Jets and Seahawks both did and he wanted too much money and a starting gig.
    The Seahawks gave him the best chance but Carroll said (paraphrasing) that Kap isn't interested in being a backup and accepting backup money. He wants to be a starter or at least compete.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,441
    Really loving Shannon Sharpe on the whole Kaepernick situation. Kaepernick had a 90 passer rating even on a shit team, he deserves a job teams are just worried their white, Republican voting fans will revolt.

Qb rating doesnt tell the whole story. Kaep rarely takes chances when throwing the ball and often times doesnt even go through his reads. He basically looks at his first option and takes off when it's not there. Also, as he's a running QB, he puts a much higher need on a good oline than a pocket qb would.

Kaep has an incredible amount of athleticism but he's not actually a smart qb. His qb rating is so high cause he doesnt take risks with the ball. Compare him to someone like Cam who shows a true pocket presence and a willingness to actual grow as a qb. Kaep is basically the same qb he was when he started in 2012. Some people forget how stacked that 49ers team was when harbaugh was coaching. Kaep can win you games but you won't win a superbowl with him at this point in his career

Also he's asking for too much money to be what would basically be a stop gap qb
    dn0s wrote: »
    The Seahawks gave him the best chance but Carroll said (paraphrasing) that Kap isn't interested in being a backup and accepting backup money. He wants to be a starter or at least compete.

But that doesn't fit the narrative! Can't be having these facts muking up the place.
    Kap could be good but he was showing a bad attitude with Harbaugh (although it seems many people do), and its only worse now. His early success may have led him to believe he's better than he is and he won't come from the high horse. Doesn't help that he just doesn't seem to care about playing football anymore. The NFL definitely doesn't care if he's there either
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,541
    Football is too interesting for me not to watch. Even bad games have amazing plays and there are always upsets. Just wish I had more local friends I could talk about it or watch it with.

Yeah i watch the other games and the sunday night ones I just cant be bothered with watching the browns really my parents watch them but i cant be bothered really other than updates i wait for the late afternoon games and the evening ones
  • kazkaz 'Dat Kryptonite Joined: Posts: 4,061
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    @kaz its about that time bro. You should starting getting this together early to give people ample time to get off and setup draft times and leagues and shit so we don't get 5+ autobots in each league.

FFB Time BAAAABEEEE!!!!

Don't you guys play daily fantasy lol?

My problem with doing fantasy again this year is the large amounts of people who are inconsistent setting lineups week to week and coordination of draft times. I'll set it up and coordinate again though.

RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

Thurst mad about Romo in IRC:
    (4:12:43 PM) thurstOFF left the room (Leaving) HAHAHA
  • kazkaz 'Dat Kryptonite Joined: Posts: 4,061
    Can the thread title be updated for fantasy football signups? If anyone's interested hit me up. Also include what time zone you're in. No excuses for missing the draft this year of possible.
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

Thurst mad about Romo in IRC:
    (4:12:43 PM) thurstOFF left the room (Leaving) HAHAHA
    Rookies starting to arrive to camp. That football smell is wafting over the air!
    kaz wrote: »
    Can the thread title be updated for fantasy football signups? If anyone's interested hit me up. Also include what time zone you're in. No excuses for missing the draft this year of possible.

Yeah I'll play again. Umm, my timezone is GMT+9.30
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kaz wrote: »

ill play again, im EST, and can only draft tue through friday.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,589
    I gotta let that autodraft help me like last year
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,676
    @Kaz I PM'd you my email but forgot the timezone (Central)
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    Already sent you my email sir, just waiting for the invite.