R.I.P. Chris Cornell

2»

Comments

• odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Yup everyone is saying this....wtf man.

Like what reason would he have to kill himself like that?

People hide depression really well...
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i am totally bummed out.

Spoonman and Can't Change Me on heavy rotation for my personal playlist right now.
    an amazing voice, amazing talent and an amazing person, Rest in Peace Chris Cornell...
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,625
    edited May 18
    Suicide or autoerotic asphyxiation?

Found dead in a hotel bathroom with a rope on his neck, during a succesful tour and having a wife and 2 children?
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,592 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Can't believe this............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,572
    Fun fact:
    Ian Curtis, lead singer of the post punk band Joy Division, hanged himself on the same day as Chris.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Deimos002Deimos002 Bengus pls Joined: Posts: 246
    This one stings, man.

Welp, guess I'd better get the inevitable out of the way now I have some time.
    Get drunk, listen to 'Pretty Noose' and 'Like Suicide' and bawl my eyes out.
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,677
    edited May 18
    I dont like to speculate on causes of death but this got me to recall when X Japan member, Hide, passed away. He was found with a towel around his neck and at first people assumed it was suicide but it could possibly be from a technique used by chiropractors of alleviating shoulder and neck ache/pain from using a guitar strap. Didnt Chris used those big hollow electrics in the past? Again not trying to play detective, but it was just a thought I had.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn. Just heard about this one earlier. R.I.P. man. :sad:

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,970 mod
    edited May 19
    His last ever song from his last gig.

Also, someone at the gig said that something definitely felt "off" about Chris during the event.
    http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/05/18/chris-cornell-final-performance-detroit-soundgarden/330051001/
    edited May 19
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,743
    edited May 19

]
    black hole sun vid was incredible...for its time. hard to believe he is dead.
    I love you brother, thank you for your friendship, and your humor, and you intellect, and your singular and unmatched talent. It was a great honor to know you as a friend, and as a bandmate. I am devastated and deeply saddened that you are gone dear friend. But your unbridled rock power, delicate haunting melodies, and the memory of your smile are with us forever. Your beautiful voice, and beautiful self will always be in my heart. God bless you and your family
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,345 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Heard this few days ago but didn't believe it but now confirmed. Really shocked.

Aside from his soundgarded/audioslave days, he gave the best james bond song ever.

RIP.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,567
    RIP, like BBQ says, Rusty Cage was a big part of my childhood.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,743
    of all the drugs to take a rock star's life...i wasnt expecting anxiety medication.
  • AugustAPCAugustAPC Headin' for The Bottom Joined: Posts: 276
    I found out about this late... been avoiding the news with all Trump's bullshit going on.
    Fuck, man, this one hurts. I fuckin' adored his music and his vocals in particular.
    We're losing way too many amazing musical minds lately.
    R.I;P Chris, your music has been a huge part of my life since my very early childhood and it will continue to be for the rest of my life.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,103 mod
    StockyJam wrote: »
    of all the drugs to take a rock star's life...i wasnt expecting anxiety medication.

Psychatric medications scare the ever living shit out of me. Think i'd rather do shrooms than half of the stuff a psychatrist can prescribe because how of crazy the side effects are. Suicidal thoughts isn't even a surprising side effect.

These medications help a lot of people but they are not to be taken lightly (no pun intended).
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    Not sure about doing shrooms or other psychedelics if your state of mind is negative, or unbalanced, but I'd ditch the pills for weed if I was battling depression. Then once I'm calmed and have a better outlook, go on a shroom or LSD trip to reset the clutter in the mind. Its ironic that Chris wouldnt go this route as the grunge era coincides with the stoner/desert rock during the time.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,195
    edited May 21
    Micrososing psychedelics at intervals that don't bring about any psychoactive effects have been shown to be quite beneficial to depression, various anxieties and PTSD.

Used in moderation and under correct circumstance they are pretty refreshing to the brain and allow a few different angles of thought and perspective while remaining in oneself.

I took shrooms the first time after beating my brain with alcohol to get myself to sleep after a few romps in the desert... And I must say, a good trip can help you deal with things and leave with feeling a new man with the old spring in your step.

Pills are a scourge for the most part, an easy chemical option that doesn't really deal with any underlying issues. Cash for pharma with lackluster results. A blanket for symptoms but not the cause I suppose :/

While I agree with you, I also have to bring up the possibilities of going through a bad trip, which I've experienced a couple times. And that was due to starting the trip after having a bad incident with a girl I was dating at the time , and during a shroom trip where my friends were not on the same wave length and caused a pleasant experience to go south. Maybe its possible and beneficial to drop acid as a means to sort yourself out, but going through a bad trip is like being awake in a nightmare.
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 582
    Pertho wrote: »
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Yup everyone is saying this....wtf man.

Like what reason would he have to kill himself like that?

Imagine having a voice in the back of your head constantly telling you your worthless. Depending on how your day goes the voice gets either louder or softer but it never really goes away. If some weird thing happens to make it louder, you won't look at other things objectively to make it softer. Ten great things could happen to that one, but that one will be all the gas that voice needs to make you doubt your life.

So all of you who feel like they may have depression, get yourselves checked out. Its infinitely worse to let that voice linger and get a loud speaker.
    That inner voice, what a great description, sometimes I wake up with it, not that extreme but enough to make me decide fuck the day and stay home. Couldn't imagine to deal with it in a daily basis.
    edited May 21
    Soundgarden was supposed to play at Rock the Range this weekend. With Chris' passing, several acts (Live, Bush, Slipknot, etc.) instead performed Soundgarden and Audioslave songs as a tribute.

https://www.facebook.com/rockontherange/videos/10154485215389147/
  • KashiyukasthighsKashiyukasthighs Joined: Posts: 997
    BBQ wrote: »
    While I agree with you, I also have to bring up the possibilities of going through a bad trip, which I've experienced a couple times. And that was due to starting the trip after having a bad incident with a girl I was dating at the time , and during a shroom trip where my friends were not on the same wave length and caused a pleasant experience to go south. Maybe its possible and beneficial to drop acid as a means to sort yourself out, but going through a bad trip is like being awake in a nightmare.

I only ever had a bad trip one time on shrooms when I decided to eat them with strangers. After that I did it solely with my friends and never experienced a bad trip thereafter.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,251
    Suicide is such a bummer. Yet again a person who seems to have it all takes their life. Sad.
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
2»