Canada explain yourselves

Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q)Joined: Posts: 2,020
edited May 19 in General Discussion

Bill C16 is going to make civil lawsuits abundant if you misuse someones gender identity. This is direct censorship and regardless of whether or not they knew, the proper pronoun is irrelevant and can be processed. So what I've learned today and that Canada is not only going down the shitter but they don't understand basic biology.
Post edited by Songo[KthX] on
<Metric> songo is #1 3s player

Comments

• FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 598
    Canada was gone the second Trudeau was elected as the better alternative to Steven Harper.
    While its nice to be up in arms about this but honestly this whole gender issue is a huge distraction. Canada has bigger issues like Trudeau bailing out a french company bombardier.
    Under investigations for multiple private trips, M 103, Liberal broken record responses, illegals crossing into Canada from the states.

Now, I'm sure there are trolls that would called Canada cucked to hell and back BUT I'll still wager that Canada isnt THAT bad as long liberals dont win re-election in 2019.
    If they do then I'll admit whole heartly that Canada is gone. Based on the conservative leadership race I'm not to hopeful on Maxime Bernier at all, but its better then liberals of NDP.
    (Still pissed O'Leary dropped out. Hell, I'd even take Deepak Obhrai over Bernier.)
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,115
    Yeah that shit looks dumb as hell, hope it gets completely shitcanned.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,413
    civil lawsuits abundant if you misuse someones gender identity.
    LOL, what are you for reals?
    This is direct censorship.
    I agree, it is. It's why in the US verbal assault is usually tossed out in court.
    It's not nice, but you are free to call someone a FUCK FACE or what other insult you want.
    Now this is not license to go relentless and make someone break down in tears, at some point there is a line.
    regardless of whether or not they knew, the proper pronoun is irrelevant and can be processed.
    I see it like this, if someone want to be identified by another gender, just say so politely instead of getting all SJW Rage Triggered.

Just don't use some stupid made up/fictional Genders with unclear English pronunciation like phe/pher/phis/per or what ever bullshit.
    If you want me to refer you as a IT, sure you are a it/that/them or what ever.
    And English as the least amount of gender related nouns and verbs, example in Spanish or French everything has a male or female gender tied to it.

And if that is the case that you say you want me to use what ever gender Pronouns, sure.
    Accommodation is a two way process, and if you want me to accommodate for your life choices, you need to accommodate for me with a little understanding that I am not a mind reader.
    So what I've learned today and that Canada is not only going down the shitter
    They been doing that for a long ass time.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Parliament did it, I had no say in it and I don't care.

What do you want me to do?
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Do people really ignore the difference of meaning between gender and sex?

Christ. I swear some of you are actively work to stay stupid.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,956
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Do people really ignore the difference of meaning between gender and sex?

Christ. I swear some of you are actively work to stay stupid.

they've been used interchangeably for the past i don't know how many years here by teachers and pretty much everyone else. actual gender is never brought up when discussing anything so yeah a lot of people are very confused.

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shut the fuck up.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 19,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hope Nova Scotia doesn't get rekt before I can visit it again.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,872
    edited May 20
    we've always had more than two genders, but with sex, we've only really had two (not counting intersex)

male
    female
    nancygirl (feminine man)
    tomboy (masculine woman)

gender is nothing more than a social construct, there can be as many or as few as you can think of.

Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,790
    As a Canadian, I agree entirely. However, as a Canadian, I also must say that as rocky as things have been, it's nowhere near as bad as shit was getting under Harper's crooked ass rule. I mean sure, we're never going to be as bad as the States, but the last truly good Prime Minister we had was probably Chretien.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,709
    I can't say I'm surprised but at the same time... fuck this country.
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Femto wrote: »
    J-ride wrote: »
    Silly laws like this one are why we need another World War.

Kill yourself :coffee:

You first.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 20

I'm not killing myself until after the left vs right civil war. I want get my rainbow belt of SJW scalps first. It will be more fun that pig hunting! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,790
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    As a Canadian, I agree entirely. However, as a Canadian, I also must say that as rocky as things have been, it's nowhere near as bad as shit was getting under Harper's crooked ass rule. I mean sure, we're never going to be as bad as the States, but the last truly good Prime Minister we had was probably Chretien.

What the fuck are you talking about? It's A THOUSAND times worse under Turd-dope.

He let entire towns burn to the ground, leaving thousands homeless and unemployed, and refused to offer any money to rebuild or get any outside help that we desperately needed, but he spent $60 million building a mosque in that same town for the endless amounts of refugees he's letting into the country.

Trudeau is a fucking terrorist and he needs to die like one.

Well, thank you for saving me the time of bothering to do a lengthy response to this. You've made yourself out to be more ignorant, uninformed, delusional, and close-minded than anybody could ever hope to. So, thanks.
    edited May 20
    Dime_x wrote: »
    we've always had more than two genders, but with sex, we've only really had two (not counting intersex)

male
    female
    nancygirl (feminine man)
    tomboy (masculine woman)

gender is nothing more than a social construct, there can be as many or as few as you can think of.

Then gender is meaningless.

People are talking about biological sex. I don't care if a man or woman identifies as a dog or a cat. I'm calling them a man or a woman.

If "gender" now means a role or ones opinion of what they are.. then gender is as meaningless as an opinion.

It's my opinion that dime_x is awesome and few people actually know this.

Doesn't matter cause it's an opinion.

Something as fluid as an undefined opinion shouldn't be law.

Lol, what about dumb bitches that think they are male on Monday, but female on the weekend. Lol shits dumb. Leave that shit to the academics that wouldn't know the difference between a book and a fist in their ass.

why does gender need to be tied to biological sex to have meaning?
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 396
    Nobody is going to get charged for not using some bogus gibberish pronouns.
    It's just a lot of fear mongering and sensationalist nonsense.
    All this law does is give trans-whatevers the same protection from discrimination that religious groups, ethnicities, and the disabled already have.
    In Canada, a landlord can't say "no blacks allowed", a business can't put out a help wanted sign that says "muslims need not apply", etc. Bill C-16 just adds "no trannies" to the naughty list.
    I agree fully with Peterson's criticisms of academia, and I understand what he's trying to push back on, but the scope of the bill being discussed is being grossly over-stated.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    edited May 20

male
    female
    nancygirl (feminine man)
    tomboy (masculine woman)

People are talking about biological sex. I don't care if a man or woman identifies as a dog or a cat. I'm calling them a man or a woman.

If "gender" now means a role or ones opinion of what they are.. then gender is as meaningless as an opinion.

Lol, what about dumb bitches that think they are male on Monday, but female on the weekend. Lol shits dumb. Leave that shit to the academics that wouldn't know the difference between a book and a fist in their ass.

Why does a non issue such as gender need a law that forces people to say things they dont agree with?
    kedawa wrote: »
    All this law does is give trans-whatevers the same protection from discrimination that religious groups, ethnicities, and the disabled already have.
    In Canada, a landlord can't say "no blacks allowed", a business can't put out a help wanted sign that says "muslims need not apply", etc. Bill C-16 just adds "no trannies" to the naughty list.
    I agree fully with Peterson's criticisms of academia, and I understand what he's trying to push back on, but the scope of the bill being discussed is being grossly over-stated.

Lol, people are gonna get fined and jailed. Canada iant far off from europe in terms of what ita willing to jail you for.

___

______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,699
    edited May 20
    Canada was gone the second Trudeau was elected as the better alternative to Steven Harper.
    While its nice to be up in arms about this but honestly this whole gender issue is a huge distraction. Canada has bigger issues like Trudeau bailing out a french company bombardier.
    Under investigations for multiple private trips, M 103, Liberal broken record responses, illegals crossing into Canada from the states.

Now, I'm sure there are trolls that would called Canada cucked to hell and back BUT I'll still wager that Canada isnt THAT bad as long liberals dont win re-election in 2019.
    If they do then I'll admit whole heartly that Canada is gone. Based on the conservative leadership race I'm not to hopeful on Maxime Bernier at all, but its better then liberals of NDP.
    (Still pissed O'Leary dropped out. Hell, I'd even take Deepak Obhrai over Bernier.)

Bombardier is a Canadian based company with branches out in France and throughout Europe. They also have US branches, one of which I work for. I had no idea Bombardier needed a bail out. That makes me worried. And O leary from Shark Tan was running for office in Canada?
    edited May 20
    Bomardier has been bailed out multiple times since the mid-nineties. The Canadian government has given them well over a billion Trudeau chuckle bucks. It's a shit show
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    Why does a non issue such as gender need a law that forces people to say things they dont agree with?

It doesn't need a law like that, and fortunately no such law exists.
    If you actually read the bill instead of just making assumptions about what it is, maybe you would know that.
    But hey, don't let ignorance get in the way of having an opinion.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,699
    edited May 20
    Bomardier has been bailed out multiple times since the mid-nineties. The Canadian government has given them well over a billion Trudeau chuckle bucks. It's a shit show

It doesn't need a law like that, and fortunately no such law exists.
    If you actually read the bill instead of just making assumptions about what it is, maybe you would know that.
    But hey, don't let ignorance get in the way of having an opinion.

I guess Bombardier is to Canada what Boeing is to the US. So they not gonna let it die. Thanks for the info. I definitely wont be making long term plans to stay here in Tucson working for Bombardier. Just gonna put in one more year for experience. Hopefully get a 2nd certification. Then either do contract work overseas or just here in the states for other business jet companies.

I don't think there's much risk of them shutting down. If anything they'll get bought out by one their larger competitors.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,956

male
    female
    nancygirl (feminine man)
    tomboy (masculine woman)

What other meaning would it possibly have? Why should we bother labeling one thing a gender and not just call the person weird.

Same thing with sexuality it serves no purpose to get anymore descriptive beyond gay/straight/bi. You can call yourself demisexual that just means you're bi. Sexuality is literally what sex are you attracted to and there are only two options to pick from not counting birth defects.

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,506
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

You first.

I'm too important, so that's not happening.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,183
    So you fuck waifu pillows, peanut butter jars and animals?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,413
    Raij1n wrote: »

While my girlfriend fucks a cumuber, her best friend from elementary school and a 3rd person watches and masturbate to the whole thing. Lol. Not really, I want to see how far I can push absurdity
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    edited May 21
    [,

male
    female
    nancygirl (feminine man)
    tomboy (masculine woman)

Lol, people are gonna get fined and jailed. Canada iant far off from europe in terms of what ita willing to jail you for.

___

i don't think there needs to be a law forcing people to say anything i just think anyone who believes that gender and sex are the same are clinging to this idea for no good reason.

Chiro wrote: »

male
    female
    nancygirl (feminine man)
    tomboy (masculine woman)

What other meaning would it possibly have? Why should we bother labeling one thing a gender and not just call the person weird.

Same thing with sexuality it serves no purpose to get anymore descriptive beyond gay/straight/bi. You can call yourself demisexual that just means you're bi. Sexuality is literally what sex are you attracted to and there are only two options to pick from not counting birth defects.

gender is about the roles you take on.

While i agree that excessive labeling of gender and sexuality is silly, there is some use to some of it.

theres more than straight/gay/bi as well. demisexual tells you about what it is that works for them as they like to have a strong bond first. then there are heteroflexible people who, if they claimed to be bisexual would have to constantly explain that they aren't interested in the same sex generally but are also bisexual. see how a new label is useful? bisexual isn't enough to explain what a person is looking for.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 135
    edited May 21
    NVM. Wasn't awake when I quoted and responded to something.my bad
    Post edited by platynumx on
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,183
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Raij1n wrote: »

While my girlfriend fucks a cumuber, her best friend from elementary school and a 3rd person watches and masturbate to the whole thing. Lol. Not really, I want to see how far I can push absurdity

That elicited a solid 'rise up', we should hang out
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,979
    Canada with these shenanigans.

Celine Dion having the nerve to sing on TV again.

Coincidence? I think not.

Trump will stop you, Canada.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,796
    edited May 21
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I want to see how far I can push absurdity

'Smash player who likes ponies' = One gender identity

or Two distinct ones?
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,984
    edited May 21
    You know, sometimes it really does feel like Earth's population should be forcefully decreased. Too many retards
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...