SRK Lounge: Behead Those Who Insult Coffee

Comments

• odinodin rose of mayyyy Joined: Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Million wrote: »
    I mean really... THIS girl supposedly counts as "black"?!

c'mon now.. :lol: The whole thing is just strange to me.. it's like if you saw Lucy Liu saying she is "white". At a glance when I first heard of her, I seriously just thought she was just some random white girl, *possibly* mixed with maybe 10% of "something else".

...or this might be a better way to point out how off it is..... what if you see a dude that looks like Barack Obama...the offspring of a black and white set of parents... and ol' light-brown skinned Barack there was telling you he's "white"... Seriously, Mom must've been a "half-n-half" herself... I doubt her Mom was a "regular" black woman. (*edit--yep it's what I thought---Mom isn't exactly an "Aunt Jemima" there..so there ya go..she may as well have been checking off "caucasian" or "white" or even "other" on any applications and forms she's had to sign in life.)

This is another opportunity to check those microscopic strings she's passing off as "legs", btw. :rofl: She could stab someone with legs like that. Now...of course if she were to gain some meat on those toothpicks then she'd easily evolve into a goddamn 10 though.

You make no sense, dude.
    Lucy Liu has two asian parents and Megan has a full black parent. C'mon son.

It ain't always about looks. Just cause she doesn't have the skin tone of Bill Duke doesn't mean people won't consider her black.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,852
    edited December 7
    I'm going to ask something job-related, and I'm only asking here because I'm asking everywhere: since the job I just got fired from (for sleeping during meetings) lasted just under 2 months, should I include it on my resume? Right now I'm in the "yes" camp; I've already put the job on my resume and am throwing apps to some "low risk" part-time places to at least get my funds up. Nowhere "official" like a job site or a real programming shop. I added it because I was unemployed for 7 months before getting that job, and having 9+ months of unemployment might be worse than having a job you were let go from. However, I'm scouting some actual programming places to apply to. I feel that by including the job, I have to tackle the land mine of why I was let go (if I even get to the interview stages). At least with the unemployment, I could say that I took time off to care for a sick relative (my aunt who died of cancer), which is mostly true. If I'm honest about sleeping during meetings, I guess I could also fudge things and say personal issues around the time of my aunt's passing led me to sleeping during meetings. Not all true, but whatever.

But on the other hand, if I leave it off, and it SOMEHOW comes up later on in the interview process, it'll make me seem dishonest. A lot of these companies have job applications now, and varying background checks. I could leave my most recent company off the app, but if this job comes up in a background check, then I have explaining to do. This is a real "damned if you do..." situation.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Megan is NOT black.. her father is white.. if her father was 'black' it would be another matter. You are whatever your father is basically.
    dn3000 wrote: »
    Megan is NOT black.. her father is white.. if her father was 'black' it would be another matter. You are whatever your father is basically.

Tell the south that.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    dn3000 wrote: »

So the Birther fucktards were right all along? :open_mouth:
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited December 7
    odin wrote: »
    According to dn3000, this person is white. lol Dopey ass thinking

927081-135581.jpgLauren+London+2nd+Annual+ESSENCE+Black+Women+6hTfDpCJX2ol.jpg

All I know is, there is enough NOT White in them, that I'd hit it in an unwashed goodm0urning nanosecond.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    edited December 7
    According to dn3000, this woman is black.
    What a dress though, making Rachel Dolezal "green" with envy.
    Cadillac+Records+New+York+Premiere+x-f_vqtKSAfx.jpg

Oh yea, Lenny Kravitz is white too.
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,492
    Background checks are usually criminal background and credit checks. @axeman61 I'd probably choose NOT to list it because the question would immediately be "wtf happened". 3 months isn't a significant amount of employment time imo. That's right at the probationary period where they decide if they want to give you benefits. You could've been fired for anything and made up a reason for all you know.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,673

If she's Black I'm Black man and I'm quarter-polynesian.
    2 Kings 2:24
    FrostyAU wrote: »

If she's Black I'm Black man and I'm quarter-polynesian.

Hey man, I don't make the rules. I just adhere to them.
    You are whatever your father is basically.

-dn3000
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    Agreed. Just came back from Japan... Only girl that looked my way was some cute korean at the airport when I was heading back home lol
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    axeman61 wrote: »
    I'm going to ask something job-related, and I'm only asking here because I'm asking everywhere: since the job I just got fired from (for sleeping during meetings) lasted just under 2 months, should I include it on my resume? Right now I'm in the "yes" camp; I've already put the job on my resume and am throwing apps to some "low risk" part-time places to at least get my funds up. Nowhere "official" like a job site or a real programming shop. I added it because I was unemployed for 7 months before getting that job, and having 9+ months of unemployment might be worse than having a job you were let go from. However, I'm scouting some actual programming places to apply to. I feel that by including the job, I have to tackle the land mine of why I was let go (if I even get to the interview stages). At least with the unemployment, I could say that I took time off to care for a sick relative (my aunt who died of cancer), which is mostly true. If I'm honest about sleeping during meetings, I guess I could also fudge things and say personal issues around the time of my aunt's passing led me to sleeping during meetings. Not all true, but whatever.

But on the other hand, if I leave it off, and it SOMEHOW comes up later on in the interview process, it'll make me seem dishonest. A lot of these companies have job applications now, and varying background checks. I could leave my most recent company off the app, but if this job comes up in a background check, then I have explaining to do. This is a real "damned if you do..." situation.

Put down that they were your employer and that you did work there, as you want that their as part of your employment history.

Here read this and this
    https://biginterview.com/blog/2013/04/why-did-you-leave-your-last-job.html
    https://uptowork.com/blog/why-did-you-leave-your-last-job

You want to skip the ugly parts, but never lie.
    helps if you can get a job reference from someone from your previous place of work.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 2,057
    edited December 7
    YMDSLTSAC wrote: »
    Infernoman wrote: »

And now to once again bring up the occasional talk about interracial couples.

After recently coming back from Asia (Japan) I can tell you this AFWM thing is mostly an American thing. Over in Asia, the local Asian dudes are the A-groove Blanka's, and St Akuma's in the dating hierarchy. And the girls over there are also tighter than their American counterparts. Asian girls in the motherland don't seem to have this inferiority complex they do here at least not in Japan.

Dab00g back in this with his over generalizations again. Its really personal preference depending where you are. But honestly, you give people the options for choice and they will explore to find what they like. That applies to all races period. Thats why Canada is dope. So many different types here, anyone can find what they're looking for. You see so many interacial couples here in the city its almost the norm at this point.

Not gonna lie, lots of Korean or Japanese girls that are from the motherland when given the opportunity will try something else once its not frowned upon by the culture. You gotta remember that in Japan in particular, its bad to be different. But a lot of beauty standards for those Asian places are based on North American features....
    Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,852
    edited December 7
    Darksakul wrote: »

Put down that they were your employer and that you did work there, as you want that their as part of your employment history.

Here read this and this
    https://biginterview.com/blog/2013/04/why-did-you-leave-your-last-job.html
    https://uptowork.com/blog/why-did-you-leave-your-last-job

You want to skip the ugly parts, but never lie.
    helps if you can get a job reference from someone from your previous place of work.

Wasn't there long enough for a reference, but thanks anyway
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I bet some of "y'all" in here stan hard for Tomi Lahren......
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,180
    edited December 7
    You go to third world or colonized asia it is different

You go to hong kong or taiwan it is different how white peoplw are seen.

You go to okinawa and it is different as far as foreigners go

It seems that asian aussies and brits are far more self hating.

Indians and ofher southeast asians value lighter skin tone. There is a whole industry based around skin lightening.

Indian chicks always swear by the skin lightening cream

It is some bullshit to me, but i think this light skin bs applies fo pretty much all minorities.

The men on univision all look completely white

A mediocre piece of Pie is better than a mediocre piece of cake
    edited December 7
    dab00g wrote: »
    You go to third world or colonized asia it is different

You go to hong kong or taiwan it is different how white peoplw are seen.

You go to okinawa and it is different as far as foreigners go

It seems that asian aussies and brits are far more self hating.

Indians and ofher southeast asians value lighter skin tone. There is a whole industry based around skin lightening.

Indian chicks always swear by the skin lightening cream

It is some bullshit to me, but i think this light skin bs applies fo pretty much all minorities.

The men on univision all look completely white

Apparently in Jamaica, the skin bleaching has been a major beauty thing (and MAJOR problem) now for years. But its funny because most dark skin places want to be lighter and then lighter people try to be tan... everyone wants something different in the end i feel like lol.
    PSN - TojiSake
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 7
    I'm going to ask something job-related, and I'm only asking here because I'm asking everywhere: since the job I just got fired from (for sleeping during meetings) lasted just under 2 months, should I include it on my resume?

The way you were fired from your job it would be best to leave it off your resume. I wouldn't list any job on a resume you didn't stay at for at least 1 year, it just makes you look like a problem hire.

Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
    J-ride wrote: »
    I'm going to ask something job-related, and I'm only asking here because I'm asking everywhere: since the job I just got fired from (for sleeping during meetings) lasted just under 2 months, should I include it on my resume?

The way you were fired from your job it would be best to leave it off your resume. I wouldn't list any job on a resume you didn't stay at for at least 1 year, it just makes you look like a problem hire.

If its for a small amount of time you should be able to navigate around this. That in mind, if there is a major gap between your last job and this job people are going to also ask why. So with that in mind, you don't have to say you were fired from your last job. If you leave it off just talk about the reasons why between then and now you didnt have a job (maybe list skills you learned, courses you took etc.) As a hiring manager, if someone isn't working I want them to be telling me the skills they worked on because they weren't working. Since that's typically the only reason why someone takes time off ... is to either find a better job or improve yourself.
    PSN - TojiSake
    Just say you were laid off from that job

Hiring managers decide based on your resume and first interview, background investigators will care

But then you should be looking for a permanent spot

The usps is hiring there is a lot of upward mobility there especially for it people

Or you could just work at arby's
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,021
    Just thought I'd share this

• DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,513
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    Damn Pamela Anderson is adamantly defying the current "Don't blame the victim" zeitgeist, who knew?

I agree with her, though I don't think it's as simple as she makes it out to be. Younger people are definitely more naive and that's why people like Harvey Weinstein prey on younger people, because people that are a bit older no more and are less likely to put themselves in those kinds of situations.

Still though, props to her, especially as a Survivor herself, that she's willing to stand up and take the Heat that she knows is probably coming to her for saying these things. It is common sense but you get the same backlash for saying that a girl needs to be aware of how much she drinks when going to a frat party as if all the responsibility for her safety ever should be on any man who comes in contact with her. Accountability is something not a lot of people are used to and when it's suggested to them, they act like its insult.

Look I agree with the gist of this but where some people get their wires crossed is that she should be safe in any situation. She's not, and she needs to understand that and be careful but there is no excuse why anyone should ever sexually assault someone. Drunk at a party or not. It comes back to what you said, people are definitely more naive. Just because things should work a certain way doesn't mean that they do.

"Should be" is the operative phrase. But that isn't the reality and everyone needs to be personally responsible for their own safety because "should be" often "isn't."
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    edited December 7

Self depricating, but solid. About a 7, but you could chill with her. Eat some good asian food. Laugh even. Introduce her to your parents.

Self hating, not good looking at all. Racist as fuck. Saying asian dudes are irregular and have small dicks. Has that droning deliver of a dead fish. You just know that she is vapid and boring. Bitch was on wild 'n out apparently? Like honestly the type of chick that asian guys hate because of how caustic, self hating, and racist she is
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Esther Ku is better looking but her comedy can hardly be called that.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
    I definitely did not say anything about her comedy.
    Chinese girls are hella low tier when it comes to being funny lol
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ku is Korean.

Just look at her last name.
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
    edited December 7
    Ku is Korean.

Ku isn't Moon or Park. Try again.

(Looking closer at her face and wikipedia... Definitely a moonpark.)
    Ku is Korean.

It comes from the last name Gu. If it was Koo it would be the Chinese form.

There is a ton of names that get converted depending on the background.
    PSN - TojiSake
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    dab00g wrote: »
    Infernoman wrote: »

And now to once again bring up the occasional talk about interracial couples.

Watch that chick's other videos mocking asians and other shit

It is my experience that the chicks who date ONLY white guys are average to below average. Have vapid voices, and usually grew up in predominantly white areas. The fobs who date white guys do it for that "class" upgrade. And then you have self hatong racist against minorities, and loves whitey. Or that sjw who goes on about civil rights and cultural appropriation then date a white dude from the south.

The problem really isn't that women date white people. Date whomever you want. The reason asian guys are so dejected seeing this is because well when they went to holler they were treated like dirt. Got told "lol it would be like dating my brother". Or got told to check their privelege.

The asian girls dating only whites are the worst of basic beckys combined with this "i am better because i date whites" arrogance. Hell go on okcupid and plentyoffish and read any minority girl's profile

If they lead off with "i only date white guys move on" you know what you are dealing with

Now is it fair that everybody has a preference? Yeah, i like asians who look mexican with booty and big boobs who have a cute face. That is just my preference. But i am not going to clown on twig girls with ugly faces or land whales and say insulting racists, body shaming, or anything like that. When you ask a girl why they date white and get "they just get me"

Eh.

Of course you are mexican and dated predominantly asians. I got no beef, but the white guys with yellow fever are the worst.

I mean you see these asian chicks make a whole documentary to justify her dating white dudes. Nobody has to justify why they like anything. When they mock or ask why no asian guy, you don't have to say shit.

Making this video, then posting dumb comedy videos mocking fobs and playing with stereotype. Nah.

I am not with that. For as corny as wong fu, jkfilms, and other asian yt guys are. There is a certain humility to asian guys and dating.

I think eddie huang said it best. In that "i was just happy getting laid by an attractive female" when an asian guy gets a white woman they get this projection of "he must be different, oh he must be cool" not really. It is just two people attracted to each other. The asian guy never feels insulted or dismayed as a race traitor.

The asian girl does get attacked with race traitor bs by low level asian guys with low self esteem.

But really nobody cares who you are dating, they just make fun because you were a bitch when they tried talking to you and you hit them with "whites only lol"

This problem doesn't hit black, latinos, or others much.

But for some reason is resonates with asians men and women with that double standard placed on us by western society.

White men will always win the race. We just are all trying to keep our heads above water.

Basically

An asian girl uses abrasive/racists/emasculating language to an asian guy who tries talking to her, asian guy resents asian girls who prefer white guys because they all do that. And even if asian guy dates hotter asian chick he is insulted by the asian who didn't simply just say "no", but who made it into a race thing.

The asian girls make it a race thing, the asian guy reacts with deadpan and sarcasm. The asian girl takes it as an insult to her character. The asian guy moves on as it was mostly a larf. The asian girl tries to portray herself as a victim of racism and creates a shitty yt documentary.

Read the comments from asians and you just see a sea of lol

Dood, we have a mental health thread on here. Maybe you oughtta give it a look... :smile:

Bruh i go to therapy bi-weekly everyone should

Also ku is low tier looks wise. Flat face. Dead eyes. Eh face. Gwylos seem to like koreans. Korean chicks are lowest tier lookswise. Besides us flat nosed jungle asians.
    Ku is Korean.

It comes from the last name Gu. If it was Koo it would be the Chinese form.

There is a ton of names that get converted depending on the background.

Shut yo egg ass up.
    For christmas going to culturally appropriate brisket jew style

Also making latkas with scallions chinese style

@MIRACLEARROW any tips on how to jew it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file