Hori Real Arcade Pro.N Hayabusa button layout?

wannerwanner Joined: Posts: 21
edited May 30 in Tech Talk
I'm looking to buy a new stick and the new Hori Tekken 7 edition has me interested. However, since i don't care for Tekken I don't really care for the Tekken art on the stick.
I noticed that Hori is also selling what seems to be the same stick but without the Tekken branding. The Real Arcade Pro.N Hayabusa.

One thing I noticed on the images of the Pro.N is that the button layout for the top and bottom row seems to be reversed to most other playstation sticks.
In the images for the Pro.N the buttons are positioned as:
Top row: X, O, R2, L2
Bottom row: Square, Triangle, R1, L1
Usually its the other way around. This seems like a nonstandard layout.. ?

An error in the images or is there a reason for this?

real-arcade-pro-n-hayabusa-for-playstation-4-pc-519719.1.jpg?op1qfr
91kQAfVYxtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Comments

• Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've been drooling over this stick since it was announced and I never fought the button thing. I'm also assuming it's an error. Last stick to get that goofy was the Virtua Stick High Grade, yeah?
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • wannerwanner Joined: Posts: 21
    For anyone interested. I contacted hori and asked about the different button mapping for the tekken 7 stick and the Pro.N and this was their reply:

"Thank you for contacting HORI USA.

In regards, please note that the layout on the Tekken 7 Stick you referred to is correct.

Thank you for your support of HORI products.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further comments or questions.

HORI USA
    "

Not sure how to interpret that since they don't mention the Pro.N.
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 980
    I've been drooling over this stick since it was announced and I never fought the button thing. I'm also assuming it's an error. Last stick to get that goofy was the Virtua Stick High Grade, yeah?

its not the VSHG layout, this one has the top and bottom row switched over
    anzhar wrote: »

its not the VSHG layout, this one has the top and bottom row switched over

I wrote poorly. I just meant bonkers in general, like how the VSHG was bonkers in a different way.
    edited June 2
    Got another reply from Hori

"Thank you for contacting HORI USA.

In regards, please note that the image of the Real Arcade Pro N Hayabusa is inaccurate and the Tekken 7 Stick image is correct."
    Awesome and not crazy. Thanks for doing the legwork!
  • Mr_KarateMr_Karate Joined: Posts: 1
    HORI USA are idiots and clearly didn't get the memo from HORI Japan. The stick is laid out that way because of ACA Neo•Geo. It allows you to plug the bottom row if you wish and still keep O and X functionality for menus.
    Mine just shipped from Play-Asia. Can’t wait for next Thursday! I’ll be able to confirm button layout then also.
  • CharlatanCharlatan Joined: Posts: 9
    Mr_Karate wrote: »
    HORI USA are idiots and clearly didn't get the memo from HORI Japan. The stick is laid out that way because of ACA Neo•Geo. It allows you to plug the bottom row if you wish and still keep O and X functionality for menus.

whatchu on about
    Oh man that is such a nice design. Yay for usual layouts!
    Mine just shipped from Play-Asia. Can’t wait for next Thursday! I’ll be able to confirm button layout then also.

I ordered it as well, let me know your thoughts when you get it! :)
    wanner wrote: »

I ordered it as well, let me know your thoughts when you get it! :)

It is beautiful! FedEx delivered it yesterday. Of course the button layout is the correct version.

I might like this design even better than the n3-sa. Of course, if you’re familiar with the hayabusa parts, you know exactly what you’re getting.
  • whattheswhatthes Joined: Posts: 1
    edited July 5
    Hi i got mine today you can take a look for reference:)
    I am owning a fightstick for first time,new to this community :)
    a few items for reference.
    3.5mm audio jack at the front.
    mine is the ps3/ps4/pc version therefore there is the dualshock 4 touchpad at the rear(i play on pc so not sure what i can do with it)
    Also you can see that the launch missile styled button cover is flushed with the surface when fully retracted.
    also is there a modding guide?
    do i need in depth knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering to mod buttons such as those LED sort?
    A few items for size reference.
    snR52e9.jpg
    here's my setup =) =)
    sxiikQ0.jpg
    reflective silver emblem, very detailed fabrication of the face plate:), can one customize such face plate of such detail from normal businesses??
    BvhO1P6.jpg
    Post edited by whatthes on
    Thanks for sharing.
    I did place an order at play-asia but got a reply that the stick is no longer available :(
  • bigbadboazbigbadboaz Joined: Posts: 57
    Looks really nice, but damn I hope this isn't their stock case moving forward. I much prefer a slant for the wrists.
    bigbadboaz wrote: »
    Looks really nice, but damn I hope this isn't their stock case moving forward. I much prefer a slant for the wrists.

It shouldn’t be. They’ve used this alongside their V cases for some years. I happen to prefer it to the V style cases, but to each their own!
  • bigbadboazbigbadboaz Joined: Posts: 57
    Yeah. I've been hoping for a wireless PS4 edition like came along closer to the end of the PS3's lifecycle. For me, the V case would be ideal.
    Got final confirmation from play-asia:

"we apologize but we confirmed that we can no longer acquire the item
    from our respective supplier. The order is now canceled and we have
    initiated a refund back to your account."

Guess i'll have to look for another stick :disappointed:
    edited July 9
    Are you somewhere that Amazon USA delivers to? That stick is still up for pre-order there.
    Are you somewhere that Amazon USA delivers to? That stick is still up for pre-order there.

Not really (Sweden). I think I'll try the Kai. Never played vewlix layout so that should be fun :) (playing Hrap3 atm)
  • SSJBenSSJBen Joined: Posts: 4
    Hi guys, I'm completely new here and I've just gotten my HRAP Pro N about 3 days ago. I got it locally in my country (Malaysia) where stocks are quite limited too.

Anyways, this being my first stick in a very, very, long time (I'm talking nearly 20 years) has been a pretty interesting and jarring experience to say the least. Now I know the transition period from a pad to a stick will take some time, I am fully aware of that. I've put in some hours of play in Tekken 7 over the weekend and I'm starting to get used to it.

As a noob in sticks, I don't know how much my opinion will weigh... but my first impressions over 2 days of usage is that I like the Hayabusa buttons. They are very light, actuates very quickly and although I still mis-hit sometimes due them being pretty sensitive, I think they are nice overall. I don't know how a Sanwa OSBF30 feels, so I can only imagine in terms of comparison.

The stick though... it's good but awkward. I think the tension is alright, but the square gate is definitely off-putting. On a pad, I could never do electrics on any Mishima character any more than once out of 5 tries. On the stick, today I could do 3 electrics out of 5 tries. I'd say that's an improvement. But trying to distinguish between forward/back with diagonals is tricky at this point, I feel like I always slide from F/B to df/db too easily, often times screwing up my movement. Again, I understand it will take practice and more getting used to but do you guys think the Kowal octagonal gate will help?

There is a good bit of heft on this stick though. Seems like it's even heavier than the HRAP4Kai? Love the artwork, I appreciate that it doesn't look gaudy or dumb with all the "gamerz" tag that's plague with almost every peripheral these days. Oh and yes, the bottom part of the Pro N features 2 large rubber pads that is very slightly sticky to the touch, which keeps the stick from sliding on the lap. Definitely a plus in my book!

If there's one thing I dislike on the Pro N, that would be the edges - especially the bottom edge. They are not "sharp" by any means, but they are not rounded enough. The fact that they are made of super hard plastic means that my wrist kind of digs into edges and it can become uncomfortable after some time. Not sure what the remedy is here though, maybe a thin piece of padding might help, not sure yet.

Anyways, definitely liking this stick thus far. I don't know if Hori is making a lot more of these either. From what I've heard by a local Hori distro in my country, they say that stocks will be very limited regardless of how long a potential customer waits. So yeah, buy them while you can guys.
  • derukunderukun filthy fucking casual Joined: Posts: 454
    Can anyone with the stick try and run some sort of input lag test? So curious about the PCB performance.
    SFV Fighter ID - blackolives
  • Mr_TreckerMr_Trecker SKULLODREAM Joined: Posts: 14
    noodalls wrote: »
    Thalnos wrote: »
    Don't the newer (i.e. pc switch) HRAP4Kai use the same PCB as the Hayabusa 2017? And no way to know now but I also assume the T7 hori sticks will also use the same pcb. Granted the audio port could mean a different pcb with different timings so again, who knows on that.

Either way, that's really impressive from Razer, awesome to see them try to improve their stick with firmware updates, and what a huge improvement it was.

Hori has stated that the new T7 stick will have the same response speed as the 2017 version.

From over in one of the stick lag threads: Noodals posted this tweet from Hori, which apparently says their Tekken 7 sticks have the same good, fast PCBs as the most recent Japanese HRAP V Hayabusa stick. I'd like to assume the new RAP N sticks will have the same one as well?
    I was told the same thing by Hori.

The Hayabusa Pro Viewlix 2017 and Hayabusa Pro Noir 2017 has the same exact innards, buttons, and lever. The only difference between them is the cabinet and the button layout.
  • CharlatanCharlatan Joined: Posts: 9
    apparently the N doesn't have a PC switch, but I heard that it's detected as xinput in both PS4 and PS3 modes when plugged into a PC. can anyone confirm this? kinda sucks that there's no dinput option.
    Charlatan wrote: »
    apparently the N doesn't have a PC switch, but I heard that it's detected as xinput in both PS4 and PS3 modes when plugged into a PC. can anyone confirm this? kinda sucks that there's no dinput option.

Yes, my PC detected the Pro N as an xinput controller on the PS4 switch.
  • ReeceBobReeceBob Joined: Posts: 3
    Anyone got the dimensions for this stick or can point me to where I can find them?
  • syrelinarasyrelinara Joined: Posts: 4
    edited September 12
    Just got the stick earlier this week, is it similar to the HORI RAP 4 when it comes to modding in a new artwork? I have to peel the decal with a knife and need a plexi glass? Or can i just slot into artwork on paper underneath the glass?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,588
    You need to peel off the decal, print artwork and then put plexi on top of the new artwork.
  • syrelinarasyrelinara Joined: Posts: 4
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    You need to peel off the decal, print artwork and then put plexi on top of the new artwork.

where can I find the PSD file of the template?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,588
    At the moment, nowhere. But around the end of September, FocusAttack should be bringing their artwork service back. You should be able to get their PSD template then.