Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

PerthoPertho The Runed OneJoined: Posts: 21,899 mod
edited June 12 in Fighting Game Discussion
Arc System Works about to kill Marvel before Capcom.

Will post better version of the screenshots soonish. Press release at:

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/E38389E383A9E382B4E383B3E3839CE383BCE383ABE38395E3.pdf

PDF died, translated press release:

An innovative fighting game in the “Dragon Ball” series with “2.5D” graphics

“Dragon Ball Fighters”

Available worldwide in 2018!

Bandai Namco Entertainment (Main office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; president: Ooshita Satoshi) are launching the action game “Dragon Ball Fighters” in early 2018, for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Steam, and featuring new “2.5D” anime graphics. This game, the latest in the series of “Dragon Ball” home console games, will be developed worldwide as a full-fledged “Dragon Ball” fighting game.

This current project is a genuine fighting game that distinguishes itself from previous entries in the “Dragon Ball” series. Its development is being handled by Arc System Works, who have handled numerous 2D fighting games that have won acclaim both in Japan and overseas, thoroughly recreating in-game the look of the “Dragon Ball” anime beloved around the world. You will be able to enjoy the world of “Dragon Ball” by experiencing battles overflowing with realism; it’s like an anime that you can move yourself.

Battles utilize 3-on-3 team fights, and you can enjoy strategic tactics such as mastering character affinities and building teams. In addition, this innovative fighting game incorporates the thrill of high-speed battles and flashy special attacks people have come to expect from “Dragon Ball”.

It is currently in development so that you can enjoy the world of “Dragon Ball” with new graphics. Please look forward to it.

Hiroki Tomoko comment:

This game has turned into a “2.5D battle” combining 2D anime presentation and 3D solid presentation. In recent years there have been many “Dragon Ball” games where you fly around through 3D space, so the reason for bothering to choose 2.5D is because there are some things only it can express. Although at first glance it looks just like 2D animation, since it’s made in 3D the camera can move to different angles, allowing for a wider range of expression and introducing many unique productions that are impossible in only 2D or 3D. I am sure that all the players will be able to experience “Dragon Ball” battles that feel like an anime they’re running in real time. Look forward to “Dragon Ball” battles you can only experience in this game.

Official website: http://dba.bn-ent.net/

bXNw50l.jpg
Post edited by Pertho on
Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
jimmy1200 wrote: »
pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.

Comments

• affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,526
    edited June 9
    Arc System Works is generations behind Dimps. the Xenoverse series is superior.

Dragon Ball Fighters is just cheap obsolete cash grab nonsense, with garbage roster, no character creation, and not even providing 1/4 of the freedom, immersion, community and customization the Xenoverse games have.

Dragon Ball Fighters is an example of the stagnation of the genre and franchise. the series itself should not be confined to 2D/2.5D either. there's already too much Street Fighter clones and SF variations as it is.

it doesn't matter how "balanced", technical and competitive Dragon Ball Fighters is, it's still trash obsolete selection, and limiting.

the Xenoverse series is breaking limits, and Arc System Works makes a leap backwards for the franchise. so lame of them.
    Namco are better off porting Super Dragon Ball Heroes to PS4 and making it international localization.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 497
    EDwin wrote: »
    Always wanted this. Piccolo mains we in here

As long as Juuhachigou (Android 18) gets in, I'm satisfied. Regardless, I'm very happy that this is even coming out.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,093
    Great...Affinity's in here...and now it's going to use its own time to shill its own games.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,082
    Negativity is not allowed in this thread.
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wonder how they will do transformations. I see meter gauge on bottom. Level 1 = Ssj1, Level 2 = Ssj2, ect.? So would cost 3 meters for Ssj3?
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,230
    I just need Guldo and a mid tier Krillin to make this preorder happen. There's no chance I'm not going to buy it, though.
    Within the dream, he stayed.

"Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,806
    Curious about the roster size. Since it's 3v3, I would think the roster would be on large.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,190
    This is a 2D fighter?
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,507
    This is a 2D fighter?

From what I understand not entirely. I'd like to be wrong though.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,526
    edited June 9
    you dont know what you are talking about. Xenoverse 1's character creation is universes greater than Ultimate Tenkaichi's.
    I see nothing but great things coming from this game.

I'm just so happy we're finally getting a legit DBZ fighting game. I've been waiting for this for awhile.

there's nothing legit about it, it's rehashing the same old characters, stagnation and restricting movement that plagued the series since the SNES days.

games like Tenkaichi and Xenoverse moved the series more in the direction it should be going.

ASW's game is just shallow nostalgia with MVC:I wannabe nonsense. even MVC:I has a better roster than what this DBZ limited ASW game is aimed at.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,040 mod
    So, are we gonna get the eventual re-release down the line that adds the U6 Saiyans?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,955
    edited June 9
    just to be sure this is different from the 2D one that was announced with 100 characters that all played the same?

im probably going to ignore this but if its going to take time away from P5 arena id at least like it to be good.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 655
    edited June 9
    Wow, that came out of left field! This is the greatest AAA fighting game news I have heard in a decade! Finally the world of DBZ has overlapped with Arc System Works game design and it's not on a damn portable device! It is also coming out on PC simultaneously with console releases! I am actually hyped and I don't get hyped! Fuck yeah!

P.S. Dimps games are mediocre and Xenoverse/Tenkaichi are both low tier trash. It is odd that it is labeled as Dragon Ball Fighters, when there is not a god damn Dragon Ball character in sight. i can only hope they will add in Kid Goku, Mercenary Tao, Tien, and Master Roshi to live up to the title.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,943
    edited June 9
    I am buying that game day 1 unless I see something really dramatic down the line. I hope Arc Sys gets their hands free for the design, they have more than enough proofs that they can make great anime fighting games.

Guilty Gear is godlike, the Dragon Ball brand power is the thing they miss with GG. If they make a product as good as GG (not only the fighting part but overall) this game is going to be the shit. Might actually dethrone Marvel if Capcom fuck it up (which seems very possible to be honest).
    Post edited by Valoon on
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,179
    This might be the game that brings me into the next-gen. This is incredible. It only took 20+ years!

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,806
    Xenoverse is more and RPG than a fighter. I'm ready to pre-order my copy I hear the bonus characters are SS (Sigma Salt) @po pimpus and SSR (Super Saiyan Rage) @affinity
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited June 9
    It's ingenious is what it is. What's the one franchise the macho-posturing neanderthals of the FGC love more than Marvel and Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Dragon Ball. So you know they're ditching Marvel for this.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am thinking that the roster will at least have:

1. SS Goku
    2. SS Vegeta
    3. Frieza
    4. Perfect Cell
    5. Buu

6. Future Trunks
    7. Teen Gohan or Ultimate Gohan
    8. Picollo
    9. Krillin
    10. Hercule

11. Android 17
    12. Android 18
    13. Tien
    14. Brolly
    15. Raditz

I am sure Goku Black SSR will either be a pre-order bonus or DLC. Beerus and Hit are also very likely DLC candidates.
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,803
    Will this be our traditional 2D game ?
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,385
    Maxman wrote: »
    Will this be our traditional 2D game ?

as tradional as gg or blazblue bruh
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,740
    Creative as hell zoning with Chiaotzu's psychic powers? Unlikely, but I have hope!
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,964
    I am thinking that the roster will at least have:

1. SS Goku
    2. SS Vegeta
    3. Frieza
    4. Perfect Cell
    5. Buu

6. Future Trunks
    7. Teen Gohan or Ultimate Gohan
    8. Picollo
    9. Krillin
    10. Hercule

11. Android 17
    12. Android 18
    13. Tien
    14. Brolly
    15. Raditz

I am sure Goku Black SSR will either be a pre-order bonus or DLC. Beerus and Hit are also very likely DLC candidates.

This seems super scarce for a 3vs3 fighter
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,230
    He said "at least".

Also, Kid Gohan and the Farmer are guaranteed in the game.
    Within the dream, he stayed.

"Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,569
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Wonder how they will do transformations. I see meter gauge on bottom. Level 1 = Ssj1, Level 2 = Ssj2, ect.? So would cost 3 meters for Ssj3?

There won't be any in-game transformations.

How do you know this? What I hope is that ALL transformations ARE in-game. I don't want any doubling up on the roster with base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 etc all taking up different slots.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,093
    mowr wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »

There won't be any in-game transformations.

How do you know this? What I hope is that ALL transformations ARE in-game. I don't want any doubling up on the roster with base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 etc all taking up different slots.

Too bad, like usual your hopes and dreams end up not happening.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,777
    edited June 9
    I'd be down for in-game transformations as well.

In Super DBZ, Super Saiyan only lasted for a little under a minute.

In Budokai, they drop out of transformations when they're knocked down and below the gauge (say if it takes 3 to go Super Saiyan 2, getting knocked down with 2 meters will make you revert to the previous form or less) it takes to transform.

I know Broly never dropped to his Base form in Budokai 3 regardless if he loss all of his energy or not.

I'm already expecting that fucker to be included.

I'm so looking forward to everything about this game.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,082
    Goku having ssj3 or kaioken as an install super would be kind of cool. Would make sense since they are more time based then other transformations. Other than that though I wouldn't really want characters being weak and shit in their base forms until they turn super saiyan. No reason not to just have the option to make them look super saiyan.
    For 75% of transformations, they could just have a palette swap. However, they could just have a time limited transformation super. Would be awesome to have color customization.
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 760
    edited June 9
    I hope Hit and Park Ranger 17 make it into the game.

I don't see why they would be. Unlike with Xenoverse 2, Dragon Ball Fighters is coming out after out after the U6 arc and the Goku Black Arc.

Also, Beerus has been in the base roster of every recent Dragon Ball game, i don't see why it would be different here. Especially since Beerus was on the base roster of Arc Systems last Dragon Ball game.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,943
    edited June 9
    They will do the insta kills like GG and it's going to be some mega kamehameha shit for Goku, like the one with the TP he does on Cell imo that's the coolest one in the manga. I am going to loose it if they show this at E3.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 760
    A Freeza insta kill will be him blowing up the planet I'm guessing.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
    If they do insta kills this game needs Mercenary Tao!

P.S. Maybe they will include Beerus in base roster...