Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Jeweled Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,678
    We need Gotenks and Broly

Villains? Kid Boo, Dabora?, Janeba, Kooler and giant villain.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    im still sticking with my 24-30 characters.. although I guess if the idea of holding select or whatever on a character brings up their EX version, which I think is plausible so goku, blue goku, gohan, mystic gohan etc I guess there could be a few more. But point still stands if you look at the character select screen visually/conceptually how its laid out theres only room for 24-30 sooooo...

If we go with the idea of they have been releasing 2-4 characters a month.. I agree wouldnt be surprising to see them do a couple or a few characters from each arc, each sorta gimmick. Buu arc gimmick... Fusion gimmick, movie gimmick whatever... So till feburary that would mean at least 8 more.

Still going with kid buu, mystic gohan, gotenks, vegito(blue as super tacked on dont waist a extra slot on another version of him). Beerus, hit, maybe a goku black or zamasu. Again with that you pretty much have everyone that is important to the lure.

So thats bare minimum 24. Unless you say the ex characters dont count, which gives you another 3 slots, to add something random like a dabura or something who doesnt matter in the grand scheme of the series but I guess you could still give him some wacky moves potentially.

Then who knows a movie DLC pack, broly, gogeta, janemba. The most popular characters from these movies blah blah easy to get in.. (I shutter to think bardock I dunno why the fuck people care about him but who knows)

Then maybe a GT pack. Which is kinda a conundrum though because ultimately no one in GT matters besides goku, but it should be represented out of principle. And thinking about it, you know, no goku has a dragon fist still which is weird. So maybe who knows maybe they are saving that move as a super for a GT goku. Hell no goku has a spirit bomb yet either which is strange, but ill still go with the idea that somewhere down the line potentially maybe he will get it in a DBFZ reload or something or as a secret attack like GG has had before. But ya a kid goku from that, or a SSJ4 goku, a gogeta 4, omega shenron. Whatever.. again more of the same character but what are you gonna do. Thats dragon ball, no one else is important in GT so to have someone represent the series and not be one of them is weird.

Anyway still pretty easy to get to 24-30(and maybe a smidge more if you believe the idea of a EX character like holding select down on someone)while still representing anyone who matters in the series...
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,439
    edited October 3
    Destroyed West City?

Defintely expecting Goku Black now.

But it could also be a battle with the Future Androids in story.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,525
    Future Gohan maybe?
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    Yoooo you collect dragonball during the match
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250818407&postcount=272
  • DudeLeeDudeLee Joined: Posts: 38
    What happens when you collect all 7? It would be pretty boring if you didn't have different options to wish for. Will you wish to revive an ally? Full meter? Restore sparking blast? ..Panties!?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,990
    This DB collection mechanic is gonna be some stupid whacky shit just like Danger Time
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,439
    edited October 3
    5rwd7Qr.gif

Video showing every instance when a ball was gained.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    The battle planner for Persona 4 is the battle planner for this game
  • NaledgeNaledge Joined: Posts: 34
    Man I knew somehow he had to be involved. The more you watch the movement of the characters it does seem similar to P4U.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,363
    Is it weird that I immediately thought of the star system from Hokuto no Ken when I saw the Dragonball collection thingy?
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    The idea that the number of hits you do gives you dragon balls is absolutely bizarre and strange.. not sure if in a good way or a bad way since we dont know the reward. So I guess we can assume that whoever did the most requirements since you cant obviously tie with 7 gets their wish? I dunno I guess off hand what would you get? Revives one character? Infinite super for 10 seconds? Heal half life to everyone? Who knows, but I guess it could potentially be strategic if you go with the idea that with the team idea maybe certain teams can hit the requirements easier and maybe people dropping combos on purpose to stay in the range they need...

Although even saying that I do think its a little strange since you share it.. imagine your opponent has 4 dragon balls already.. you cant beat them now. But you end up doing a combo that fullfills that last dragon ball that was needed, and since they had more than you... they get their wish and you get punished for comboing them. Would be funny to see if there was a bring back to life one character. Imagine killing your opponent with a combo that gives them the last dragon ball so they get revived then kill you. Like.. I can see this being exciting on some level in a tournament, like a WTF omg no waaaaay kinda moment. But I can also see it being completely fucking stupid in these kinda situations as well.

Anyway its weird but guess will see this weekend hopefully to see what you actually get for a better real opinion on it.
    Pray to god matches don;t turn into getting all the dragon balls first and then proceeding to actual match second, and that entire meta doesn't revolve around this weird ass mechanic
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,622
    Wolf fang fist is a rekka on a easy character. Expect yamcha everywhere if he's any good.
    edited October 4
    I dont see how it could possibly not involve the meta of the game sense it will be happening beyond the players control at this point. Even if you are not going for it, you and your opponent could potentially be helping each other out with it. Its a potentially fun for the viewer but huge conundrum for the player since logically speaking again, if your opponent got 4 balls before you got any. Even if you get the next 3 during the match, you only benefit them by giving them whatever the dragon balls end up doing. So its interesting again, but potentially a huge clusterfuck cuz youre kinda screwed then. But maybe that will add to the bizarre nature and frantic pace of the game since you would have to drop combos on purpose that could potentially give your opponent the DBs they needed for their wish. Which also leads to the problem with the game that there as it is, really is no reason to "drop" combos and go for resets because techs can not be punished still. Hopefully that is fixed but....

On another note watching those videos, hrmm so does blue goku not have a regular kamehameha then? And not a super that doesnt come down at a predetermined angle? Also blue vegeta doesnt have rapid fireballs but slow ones.. Deff look like they are lacking some important things that their regular SSJ versions have. And as we can see in this video the idea that they are to fast to control was complete nerd PR nonsense to make them seem different because they are a little faster. Anyway they look interesting though, deff have some things and dont have some things that the regular ones have from watching that... They dont seem completely redundant at least... reasonably enough considering what you are working with.

Also that video also proves again what I said that piccolos super is considered a ball and can be deflected.

I want to see yamacha and tien videos =x
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,866
    Jocelot wrote: »
    I'm definitely hoping for something a bit more...Daring. Tien n Yamcha are cool and all, just a bit safe, y'know?
    I'm hoping for some villains no one would expect. Like someone demonic. And we don't have too much representation from the Buu saga yet. And maybe another sword user, or some more unique abilities like spit that can turn people to stone.
    Just a few ideas

Dabura? i think he could get in
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,879
    Haven't looked into the videos but I really hope the Dragon Balls don't turn into a huge mechanic. It would be cool if they were really rare and after 7 were collected Shenron/Porunga showed up in the bg and made the sky dark.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,866
    would have been nice to see what other moves SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta have
    So yeah it seems that Dragon balls collection is tied to the combos directly

10 hits - 1 star
    20 hits - 2 star
    And so on
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Jeweled Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,678
    I miss Xcota's deathmatch. It would be slightly interesting death match mini game for both KOed characters that the winner stays behind with a pixel of life.

Or will that reset the whole match?

Or just summon shenron to finish the match haha?

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 2,374
    LockM wrote: »
    I hope these dragonballs are not a mechanic that has any influence on gameplay, not because i do not want fun, but because it seems to be shared between opponents. Just because of that it seems highly unbalanced regardless of what it ends up doing if it is a gameplay mechanic.

What i HOPE it is, is that if you do end up getting all 7 DBs during a match you basically get awarded a "wish" to unlock ingame unlockables(Artwork, Stages, Colors, Music, Announcer Voices, Titles etc) It can also be done during certain offline modes.

That's it.

This. If it has any impact mid match, I hope it ranges depending on how many balls the player gets.

For example, 4 Balls - Auto Meter regen for a while, 5 Balls - 10% Damage increase like BB's Active Flow and so on.

7 Balls grant a free Sparking because the other player might as well be dead anyway.

But I'm really hoping it unlocks in-game stuff like colors for the character you're using or whatever.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    Volt wrote: »
    LockM wrote: »
    I hope these dragonballs are not a mechanic that has any influence on gameplay, not because i do not want fun, but because it seems to be shared between opponents. Just because of that it seems highly unbalanced regardless of what it ends up doing if it is a gameplay mechanic.

What i HOPE it is, is that if you do end up getting all 7 DBs during a match you basically get awarded a "wish" to unlock ingame unlockables(Artwork, Stages, Colors, Music, Announcer Voices, Titles etc) It can also be done during certain offline modes.

That's it.

This. If it has any impact mid match, I hope it ranges depending on how many balls the player gets.

For example, 4 Balls - Auto Meter regen for a while, 5 Balls - 10% Damage increase like BB's Active Flow and so on.

7 Balls grant a free Sparking because the other player might as well be dead anyway.

But I'm really hoping it unlocks in-game stuff like colors for the character you're using or whatever.

Its going to be a unique mechanic and we already got a comeback mechanic with sparking blast so I doubt its going to be another one. So I'm interested in seeing what happens. They probably will have a dragonball system outside of matches for unlocks and shit.
    if you get all the dragon balls you hit the opponent with that one MUGEN Broly super that takes 10 minutes to complete

fucking mexibeams...
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,450
    The dragon ball stuff is interesting because for the first time ever the number of hits in a combo is not an arbitrary detail compared to damage/meter/setups. I'm sure whatever they are doing with the dragon ball mechanic is not going to destroy the game competitively, and I'm gonna assume that sucky's idea of "whoever got more" is way off.

Safe bets left are probably(?)
    Grownhan
    Kid buu
    Tenks
    Beers
    edited October 4
    hrmmmm
    jblair wrote: »
    The dragon ball stuff is interesting because for the first time ever the number of hits in a combo is not an arbitrary detail compared to damage/meter/setups. I'm sure whatever they are doing with the dragon ball mechanic is not going to destroy the game competitively, and I'm gonna assume that sucky's idea of "whoever got more" is way off.

Grownhan
    Kid buu
    Tenks
    Beers

what would you do then? You share it so who gets more doesnt matter? You think it would be more fair for someone to get the first 6 dragon balls then the last person gets the 7th.. so they get whatever perk it is they do? Id say that would be even more frustrating

id think the only thing potentially they could do off hand would be something like how many balls you got determines the strength of the reward. So say dragon balls give free super as one of your wishes or however it works if you pick it who knows. So theres 7 bars in the game. Had you gotten all 7 balls yourself during the match youd get a full 7 bars of super. Ties in easily enough. Now had you only gotten 4-3, you get only 4 free bars of super refilled. At least that way you can have exciting albeit potentially stupid moments where your opponent had 4 balls already so you know, that even if you get 3, they are going to get the reward, but they dont get the FULL reward. (but again hopefully they actually add some actual mind game of teching etc so there could be a actual meta of dropping combos on purpose to avoid having your opponent get this last ball but as it is of course this doesnt exisit.)

I dont see how getting the last ball while missing the first 6 fixes or changes the potential excitement/conundrum of such a mechanic that is shared from what I described above in a couple posts, it would only add to the frustration of the game being competitive and your opponent being rewarded for doing less. Sure no doubt already you have the vary idea that such a thing as this its completely plausible and realistic to get 7 on accident between both players. And on that instance I can see the fun of 2 kids playing and being like omg I got the last one even though you got all the ones beforehand tee hee so I "win" this part of the match. Or your drunk with friends whatever on a couch, friend is raping you. But you get the last DB, you get the reward than come back. And you make some stupid joke like "hey bro, im sneaky like that let you do all the work then i take the last one.. ninja dude haha"... I can understand that fun...But if you are thinking about the game from a true competitive stand point, you should never reward a player for doing less.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,460
    hrmmmm
    jblair wrote: »

Grownhan
    Kid buu
    Tenks
    Beers

what would you do then? You share it so who gets more doesnt matter? You think it would be more fair for someone to get the first 6 dragon balls then the last person gets the 7th.. so they get whatever perk it is they do? Id say that would be even more frustrating

id think the only thing potentially they could do off hand would be something like how many balls you got determines the strength of the reward. So say dragon balls give free super as one of your wishes or however it works if you pick it who knows. So theres 7 bars in the game. Had you gotten all 7 balls yourself during the match youd get a full 7 bars of super. Ties in easily enough. Now had you only gotten 4-3, you get only 4 free bars of super refilled. At least that way you can have exciting albeit potentially stupid moments where your opponent had 4 balls already so you know, that even if you get 3, they are going to get the reward, but they dont get the FULL reward. (but again hopefully they actually add some actual mind game of teching etc so there could be a actual meta of dropping combos on purpose to avoid having your opponent get this last ball but as it is of course this doesnt exisit.)

I dont see how getting the last ball while missing the first 6 fixes or changes the potential excitement/conundrum of such a mechanic that is shared from what I described above in a couple posts, it would only add to the frustration of the game being competitive and your opponent being rewarded for doing less. Sure no doubt already you have the vary idea that such a thing as this its completely plausible and realistic to get 7 on accident between both players. And on that instance I can see the fun of 2 kids playing and being like omg I got the last one even though you got all the ones beforehand tee hee so I "win" this part of the match. Or your drunk with friends whatever on a couch, friend is raping you. But you get the last DB, you get the reward than come back. And you make some stupid joke like "hey bro, im sneaky like that let you do all the work then i take the last one.. ninja dude haha"... I can understand that fun...But if you are thinking about the game from a true competitive stand point, you should never reward a player for doing less.

Maybe both get the reward. For example, you have six Dragon Balls and I get the last one. I gain one bar of meter and you gain six.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,318
    maybe it's just because they want people to go for resets
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,116 mod
    I still think it's something that's shared by both players that whoever's fastest can activate/steal once all are collected.