Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,435
    I was thinking/hoping it would be similar to vorpal but I know it won't be since it takes a lot more time to earn them all
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,744 mod
    It can't be like Vorpal at all, since that one's a system designed to promote active play. Dragon Ball collecting doesn't really reward any sort of playstyle, except maybe going for specific combos.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,894
    It's pointless to talk about what DBs reward when we still don't know what acquiring the DBs in this game actually does.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Saitsu wrote: »
    It's pointless to talk about what DBs reward when we still don't know what acquiring the DBs in this game actually does.

I think you wrote the wrong thing because that doesnt make any sense even to my terrible english. The DBs reward, but not what the DB in the game does? What the DB does is the reward. lol Also I dont think the discussion really is what you get, its more so how is it fair if you share it that the person that "loses" still can benefit etc. The mind game behind obtaining them etc. Hell it could be something piddly, point is youre still sharing something in the game sooooo...

Anyway maybe theres something like .... *shiver* im automatically thinking mortal kombat for some reason. But ok at the character select screen when you pick your characters theres like a slot at the bottom with a dragon ball if youve noticed. Maybe as the match is loading you cycle through 7 potential wishes. More super, health back, longer lasting sparking, bring back a character, opponent loses blue health, ... maybe a few random ones, multiple dragon dashes in the air who knows.... Pick which one you want, and if by chance you get it during the match thats what you get.

Oh ya another note from watching those videos, unless my eyes deceive me a change from the last build is apparently the destructo discs dont do a chunk of block damage anymore. Instead they seem to have a razor/grind effect on the health bar. Block damage seems lower on them as well in the video. Wonder if you can still deflect them.. would seem kinda stupid that they weakened the block damage on them and you can still deflect them in the first place to take no guard damage. Hopefully thats a oversight that will be fixed.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,894
    *sigh*. What was meant is that it's pointless to talk about how Dragonballs reward you for playing when we don't even know what they do for you to begin with.

The wish could be so immensely powerful that it can warp the entire metagame on knowing very specific combos and being able to do all of them from any situation depending on how many Dragonballs you have and making sure to do your best to avoid your opponent getting any. Or the wish could be so meager that the entire mechanic ends up relatively ignored. The wishes could be based on gamestate, could be based on amount of characters, meters, and so on.

Until we see legitimate specifics, going on about the ramifications of the mechanic is irrelevant to anything.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    thats what was being talked about... or did you not actually read my posts? I posted about the potential meta with them, dropping combos so your opponent doesnt get the last DB if they had the lead, etc etc.. but the problem with that is, the game has no actual reset system since techs are completely invincible to throws hits everything for a long period of time. You can even move while still being invincible and it has been shown many times. I thought that was the main conversation i was trying to have is the meta behind what activates it and the idea of going for combos with a team that do something better blah blah. What it does is the least of the worries, because big or small. its a shared system that will happen regardless at times if someone is legit going for it or not.

I dont understand this theres multiple posts just in the previous page. The main topic has been the meta of it, what it gives you has been secondary because we dont know. And big or small it doesnt matter because a reward is a reward no matter how big or small.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 499
    edited October 5
    Like I mentioned a few days ago, I'll be playing DBFZ in a few days from now.

As someone who hasn't been following the game too closely, what are some do's and don'ts and other things I should keep in mind before I play the game? :pensive:
    Post edited by CyberPhoenix0252 on
    Rip sig.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,744 mod
    Saitsu wrote: »

But we do know how you get them (or at least one way to get them), so we know the mechanic is meant to encourage something (which in this case, means going for certain combos). Whether or not its successful in that regard is a different question altogether.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,731
    Something that is interesting about the Dragon Ball mechanic if it ends up being a significantly powerful mechanic will be it's effect on team composition and combo optimization.
    Some characters like 16 or Buu have lower hit comboes than a character like Freiza, who racks up a lot of hits in a full combo.
    So people may end up mixing up their teams and optimizing their comboes so they can go for the balls without having to sacrifice much damage, oki or pressure.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,397
    I hope we don't have those fancy unnessary gameplay stuff that drastically change the outcome of tbe fight like weird requirement comeback mechanic the same with another powerup mechanic that seal the fate of the losing team.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Shenanigans! Joined: Posts: 892

As someone who hasn't been following the game too closely, what are some do's and don'ts and other things I should keep in mind before I play the game? :pensive:

Don't super dash in neutral. Use it to punish or to combo off assists. Stuff raw super dash with 2c. This is a huge thing that 90% of people don't do.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,754

Please whack any super dashes with 2C. Make people stop doing this in neutral.

Try to snapback people if you land Dragon Rush. Force incoming mixups and try for resets on longer combos, supers are weak enders.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,648
    Really wanna see this month's character reveals already
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Tien looks hilarious with no idle stance
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Guess that confirms what I said goku blue doesnt have a regular kamehameha.. man he is looking pretty suspect and lackluster. They must really think having a teleport and a dash punch that goes through fireballs is going to be overpowered or something. Really disappointed in him. Hopefully they change him a bit because he is looking pretty basic really. Regular goku looks more well rounded off hand. Hell they didnt even say if you can do the super kamehameha in the air or not so ya dunno what they were thinking with him. Again only thing I can think is they must have thought people being spazzy with elbow stuff would be frustrating to new players or something.

Blue vegeta seems good though, seems a good balance of missing stuff but deff was giving stuff to make up for it.. guess that final flash to punch is indeed that move he used against the robot thing.

Wish they would have showed if yamcha has a kamehameha or not, or what his regular fireball is. Id hope he has one.

Tien looks like that volleyball move he was flashing white randomly.. Wonder if he has a sorta just frame version of it, because as it was guy teched before he finished he even landed which seems hella suspect. Although as well in the video it was shown just the laucher and no knock down the guy hit a jab off it, so may as well say fuck it who knows and just jab to air combo instead.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,294
    I have a feeling Tien's Volleyball Fist is going to act like Faust's 214HS in Guilty Gear (that attack where he reels you in with his scalpel); a segmented attack that lets you either input the three parts or delay it so you can mix up your opponent as they get launched or set up assists or whatever as they tech.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    ya im wondering if the flash was like that too, I recall in slash he had the just frame one that did extra damage and bounced iirc? Was that in other games or just that game I forget *rubs chin* So maybe thats how it works, but then again as it is in this video they showed just the launch you can hit a hit after it and it be a true combo, so why not just launch to combo or something in the first place? Guess will have to see if he has a spike version of it that does hella damage or something.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,554
    Tien looks fantastic.

Team human really shaping up here. Just Krillian's questionable assist.
    Calling it. White Flashes mean either reversal timing or a sign of invincibility. I vaguely remember P4A having something displaying that the opponent was invincible when a move doesn't connect against it.

It's probably something like, opponent pressed a button, Volleyball low profiled and that made it flash white. That also explains why 2C flashes white sometimes.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    2C flash blue when ever the opponent is in the air and you use it, and the game also says anti air and you become invincible, this has been explained actually already. Because I was wondering just how lenient the proximity of it is. we have seen characters not even in range of each other and the other character will flash blue if they do it, and the game says anti air as if you had hit them for no reason even when you dont. So there could be potentially silly situations if the opponent is full screen away if the throw a fireballl with a assist and you duck hp, do you still go through? Anyway even in the current videos you can see this again goku 2hp flashes blue even when vegeta is behind him and not hitting him and the game flashes anti air as well.

As for the white flash nothing else was on screen though he was comboing him. Why would he become invincible while doing a combo that doesnt make much sense he cant be hit if he is hitting the guy. Unless a assit hit him, and why would you want a character to be invincable while doing a combo anyway that would be strange. Ill stick with the idea its a JFish(although lets be honest we know it wont be that strict) situation where if you time it right when he smacks you down it actually bounces or does something usefull. Because as it is in the video it shows the opponent recovers before him.

interesting note about tiens beam fireball unlike most if not all beams that ive seen that shoot the opponent into the wall, his caused a spin effect and kept the opponent stationary.
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,489
    Damn Tien. Talking down....

2C flash blue when ever the opponent is in the air and you use it, and the game also says anti air and you become invincible, this has been explained actually already. Because I was wondering just how lenient the proximity of it is. we have seen characters not even in range of each other and the other character will flash blue if they do it, and the game says anti air as if you had hit them for no reason even when you dont. So there could be potentially silly situations if the opponent is full screen away if the throw a fireballl with a assist and you duck hp, do you still go through? Anyway even in the current videos you can see this again goku 2hp flashes blue even when vegeta is behind him and not hitting him and the game flashes anti air as well.

As for the white flash nothing else was on screen though he was comboing him. Why would he become invincible while doing a combo that doesnt make much sense he cant be hit if he is hitting the guy. Unless a assit hit him, and why would you want a character to be invincable while doing a combo anyway that would be strange. Ill stick with the idea its a JFish(although lets be honest we know it wont be that strict) situation where if you time it right when he smacks you down it actually bounces or does something usefull. Because as it is in the video it shows the opponent recovers before him.

interesting note about tiens beam fireball unlike most if not all beams that ive seen that shoot the opponent into the wall, his caused a spin effect and kept the opponent stationary.

...Uhhhhh, sorry wrong number. Theory's busted.

2C will not avoid assist fireballs. It's just upper body invincibility. That would be like trying to avoid Faust's items by landing AA 6P or something. Not happening. Air fireballs may be wack though.

In other news, Shin Kikoho looks sick. Pretty fast startup, could punish a lot of supers and I really want to do it on Day 1 against Cell.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,554
    Looks like tiens super does more damage with each use. It looks like it doubles.

But it does a truckload of damage.
    edited October 7
    Volt wrote: »

...Uhhhhh, sorry wrong number. Theory's busted.

2C will not avoid assist fireballs. It's just upper body invincibility. That would be like trying to avoid Faust's items by landing AA 6P or something. Not happening. Air fireballs may be wack though.

In other news, Shin Kikoho looks sick. Pretty fast startup, could punish a lot of supers and I really want to do it on Day 1 against Cell.

Theory busted? We have seen it go through fireballs before, as a matter of fact we have not seen in any video to my knowledge proof that when you flash blue you are not COMPLETELY invincible. There have been videos of it phasing through full entire attacks with both characters being invincible and no one getting hit actually.

Can you duck hp just regularly through a fireball.. no... BUT if the opponent is in the air, we have seen people calling things like vegetas assist people hitting a duck hp, hitting the opponent and blasting through vegetas assist to a air combo before in videos. It corresponds to the direct opponent you are facing. If the main opponent is on the ground and your opponent calls a air assist, this does not appear to be the case.. But if your main opponent jumps and they call assist it happens.

Which is why I said... just how close do you have to be for the blue effect to actually go on the character which is why i alluded to some potentially wacky obscurities that could be possible.

By all means show me videos examples of character turning blue and not being invincable, because right now as I said from almost day one, this is how the game was designed. Duck hps were purposely given this property it appears. As there a clear tug of war between duck hp, and homing dashes etc to keep them in check.
    edited October 7
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/04/exclusive-gameplay-of-dragon-ball-fighterzs-two-best-players.aspx

LOok at this personally actually its getting annoying that I have to even show this shit as if im a liar but oh no woes me theory busted. Look even in the latest build.. watch at around 42 seconds.. vegeta is in the air, goku duck hp. Goku flashes blue when he does it because the opponent is in the air when he does it, and the screen flashes ANTI AIR, just like it does when it says smash, dynamic etc as if someone was hit. But.. no one was hit. No one needs to be hit for this effect to take place. If the opponent is anywhere near you, and hell fuck they could be full screen away for all we know but i havnt seen anyone test that yet. But for the time being if they are with in any sorta immediate vicinity around you and are in the air at the start of you doing a duck hp, you will flash blue and be invincible. We have seen it go through full attacks like this, and even fireballs. Im not saying its not a weird or interesting property. But in the betas and footage we have seen of this game, as I said durning way back at evo when first videos were coming out that this seems to be the case, this is how the game works. Like.. why the fuck would I lie about something so stupid as all this info i keep posting for you guys I dont get it. what do i have to gain? The videos are there, watch them. Theres many instances of situations like these. The only question is just how lenient this property is.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,789
    I just know for damn sure SSB Vegeta is gonna be on my squad
    Holy shit Tien killed Krillin with just two Shin Kikohos

That's awesome
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 134
    Tenshinhan looks amazing. Definitely will be on my team.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,731
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Holy shit Tien killed Krillin with just two Shin Kikohos

That's awesome
    Second Kikoho he spent 2 extra bars (plus health) for extra damage.
    I feel like he and 16, possibly along with the SSGSS characters and Gohan may be able to TOD with enough meter.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can anyone that has played the demo let me know if there is dynamic music in the game. Not sure but from the vids it seems like the music changes under certain conditions.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,450
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Can anyone that has played the demo let me know if there is dynamic music in the game. Not sure but from the vids it seems like the music changes under certain conditions.

Nah I don't recall dynamic music
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    edited October 7
    btw the combo theory to get the dragon balls is busted by Tien vid.

At around 0.25ish he does a 16 hits combo and gets the 4 stars one. Don't know if you guys mentioned it already.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    @dialupsucky ... My theory got busted not yours. Chill out. I actually agreed with you.
  • DudeLeeDudeLee Joined: Posts: 37
    Valoon wrote: »
    btw the combo theory to get the dragon balls is busted by Tien vid.

At around 0.25ish he does a 16 hits combo and gets the 4 stars one. Don't know if you guys mentioned it already.

Yeah, looks like he gets it off of the light auto combo. It probably works for the medium too.
    am I missing somethign wasnt there supposed to be new videos this weekend from some other con or showing of this game?