Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    well I guess since no new videos, to comment on the tien video. For the timing being I wouldnt pay to much attention to tiens auto combo giving him a different dragon ball than what appears to be the norm. Because that could easily be explained by..

1. He is unfinished thus his properties/data are not all in the game correctly. Or a more even perhaps logical..
    2. Auto combos automatically give you a random dragon ball. This goes along with making the game more "friendly" as the idea was. So even people who never learn how to do lots of combos or grasp that meta of going for certain combos. As long as they auto combo(Which in the first place as I said though there is no reason to not believe these are good in the first place if you look at the properties of them vs others)they still have a chance of getting a random dragon ball and eventually getting their wish.

Seems pretty logical to me since we have 2 videos where everything else that happened corresponded to the the number theory. So really just another notch on why auto combos are going to be so good if you ask me.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Shenanigans! Joined: Posts: 892
    well I guess since no new videos, to comment on the tien video. For the timing being I wouldnt pay to much attention to tiens auto combo giving him a different dragon ball than what appears to be the norm. Because that could easily be explained by..

2. Auto combos automatically give you a random dragon ball. This goes along with making the game more "friendly" as the idea was. So even people who never learn how to do lots of combos or grasp that meta of going for certain combos. As long as they auto combo(Which in the first place as I said though there is no reason to not believe these are good in the first place if you look at the properties of them vs others)they still have a chance of getting a random dragon ball and eventually getting their wish.

Seems pretty logical to me since we have 2 videos where everything else that happened corresponded to the the number theory. So really just another notch on why auto combos are going to be so good if you ask me.

That seems quite plausible actually since yeah requiring bad player to learn 7 combos per character could easily overwhelm them.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,554
    Tien stocked with meters and sparking blast is going to be nightmare fuel.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,696
    Does Sparking Blast increase damage or just regen blue health? Because it doesn't look like Tien gets any chance to regen his lost health from that super.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,731
    edited October 9
    Does Sparking Blast increase damage or just regen blue health? Because it doesn't look like Tien gets any chance to regen his lost health from that super.
    IIRC it does boost damage but only by a little, it also give a significant speed boost and can open up more combo options though.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,435
    IIRC it does boost damage but only by a little, it also give a significant speed boost and can open up more combo options though.

It doesn't give you a speed boost.

Air normals can be dash canceled, UOH can be special/air dash canceled, vanish can be canceled before the kick starts up.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 499
    So I spent the past few days playing DBFZ among other things. I had no idea what I was doing apart from the 2C punish I was told about by @dizzynecro and @Volt and in general, it was a train wreck trying to figure out why different setups had different control schemes.

I got this down on pre-order tho.
    Rip sig.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,755

Both. But as you said, Tien couldn't recover the damage.
    So I spent the past few days playing DBFZ among other things. I had no idea what I was doing apart from the 2C punish I was told about by @dizzynecro and @Volt and in general, it was a train wreck trying to figure out why different setups had different control schemes.

Did it work though? 2C punish leads to an aerial combo of your choice due to the C autocombo. Did they stop doing homing dash in neutral?
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 499
    edited October 9
    Volt wrote: »

Did it work though? 2C punish leads to an aerial combo of your choice due to the C autocombo. Did they stop doing homing dash in neutral?

Yes and no. Almost every match I played, it was against a different opponent, so sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. I even explained to a guy not to just spam super dash and how to punish it and he still spammed it in neutral.
    Rip sig.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,554
    Volt wrote: »

Yes and no. Almost every match I played, it was against a different opponent, so sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. I even explained to a guy not to just spam super dash and how to punish it and he still spammed it in neutral.

Probably an sf4 player. You can anti air those guys 4 times in a row and they'll jump again.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    Basically you don't want to use the last two unless it will kill. Need to see it with combo scaling tho to be sure.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    edited October 9
    7 bar super is the hype!

Can that move kill himself? If he scores a Ko and dies on both teams last character, what happens?
    Haha that's great.
    looks like it doesnt give him blue life so even if it doesnt kill it deff doesnt have the potential to come back like the android..

Personally I think it would have been more interesting to have it do a little less damage and have it be a sorta fixed move where he stays on the screen high above.. depending on how many buttons you press durning the super freeze animation dictates how many bars of super he uses, but it pins the guy to the ground more so. Like its a straight up slow lock down kinda super, so you can have your partner come in and mix up the guy as tien is doing this long winded animation above that has huge hit stun and flattens the opponent constantly.
    Do we know what tien or yamcha assist is yet?
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,489
    Also do the blue versions of Goku and Vegeta have different assist?

Vegeta for sure does. It's a jumping beam.

• NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,696
    Goku Blue's assist is a divekick (3:44 in the video)
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,489
    edited October 10
    Korbidon wrote: »

Vegeta for sure does. It's a jumping beam.

Timestamp? Or a link to a video?
    Goku Blue's assist is a divekick (3:44 in the video)

Thanks king.
    Post edited by Flashy Nights on
  • IcesongIcesong Joined: Posts: 6
    edited October 10
    Timestamp? Or a link to a video?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DuT5if9LgsA#t=1m14s
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,789
    Yep vegeta uses his big bang attack which isn't a super anymore when he is in blue
    edited October 10
    Heres a random thought I had recently to keep the discussion alive...

Since we have video proof that even after 18 lands, when 17 it stores her properties if a smash was hit... Does that mean, that she can potentially do double dynamics? We know that dynamics give you a free bar for doing them, so she could potentially always build 2 free bars for doing absolutely nothing basically. auto combo to dynamic auto combo, cancel to 18 homing dash back in after landing and since we already have video proof of it storing regular smashes, why would it not store the dynamic smash property as well?

saying that as well going with the idea of storing properties, could teleports store this property? So we auto combo to dynamic auto combo, we cancel the last hit with teleport, they wall bounce, we land homing dash in.... since they have not hit the ground themselves yet, if we are to go with the bases we have already seen holds true for 18, does our next auto combo store the dynamic again giving us another free super?

Im gonna have to watch some videos again to see if this has actually happened before and I just never put 2 and 2 together, but this sounds like another potential huge problem for the game giving every character the same loop if we can keep reseting our properties back over and over again once we hit the ground. *rubs chin* and at the very least, with this new dragon ball mechanic if its how i assume more proof to what I said from day one that theres no reason to believe that auto combos would ever not be good in this game and they potentially might even be the best combos period.

TLDR going by the property we have seen already if this theory holds true for dymanics as well every single character should be able to kill with the same basic idea...
    Auto combo, homing dash auto combo(auto gives you one free bar at the smash)as you are doing this combo you called a assist , when you land you homing dash back up you have stored the dynamic property just like smashes get stored, auto combo, gives you free bar while doing this you called your other assist, now for the end you teleport, fly over, by this time your first assist built back up to be used again, then do it again for your next assist, you just build 6 bars for absolutely nothing, now for the final combo, combo to super, DHC to next guy to next guy boom. Auto win from just mashing a button.

Anyway ill stop I got a lot of other quirks ive thought of, but dont want to keep posting only for other people to say im wrong and then take credit again later lol
    Post edited by dialupsucky on
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,930
    edited October 10
    wrong thread
    Post edited by Sonichuman on
    edited October 10

Since we have video proof that even after 18 lands, when 17 it stores her properties if a smash was hit... Does that mean, that she can potentially do double dynamics? We know that dynamics give you a free bar for doing them, so she could potentially always build 2 free bars for doing absolutely nothing basically. auto combo to dynamic auto combo, cancel to 18 homing dash back in after landing and since we already have video proof of it storing regular smashes, why would it not store the dynamic smash property as well?

saying that as well going with the idea of storing properties, could teleports store this property? So we auto combo to dynamic auto combo, we cancel the last hit with teleport, they wall bounce, we land homing dash in.... since they have not hit the ground themselves yet, if we are to go with the bases we have already seen holds true for 18, does our next auto combo store the dynamic again giving us another free super?

Im gonna have to watch some videos again to see if this has actually happened before and I just never put 2 and 2 together, but this sounds like another potential huge problem for the game giving every character the same loop if we can keep reseting our properties back over and over again once we hit the ground. *rubs chin* and at the very least, with this new dragon ball mechanic if its how i assume more proof to what I said from day one that theres no reason to believe that auto combos would ever not be good in this game and they potentially might even be the best combos period.

TLDR going by the property we have seen already if this theory holds true for dymanics as well every single character should be able to kill with the same basic idea...
    Auto combo, homing dash auto combo(auto gives you one free bar at the smash)as you are doing this combo you called a assist , when you land you homing dash back up you have stored the dynamic property just like smashes get stored, auto combo, gives you free bar while doing this you called your other assist, now for the end you teleport, fly over, by this time your first assist built back up to be used again, then do it again for your next assist, you just build 6 bars for absolutely nothing, now for the final combo, combo to super, DHC to next guy to next guy boom. Auto win from just mashing a button.

Anyway ill stop I got a lot of other quirks ive thought of, but dont want to keep posting only for other people to say im wrong and then take credit again later lol

I'm interested to see what stops this from happening.

Has everyone seen this vid already?

EDIT: When I said speed increase on sparking I thought you meant attack speed, as during xfactor, but there is speed increase on movement.
    Post edited by jblair on
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,773

Interesting. But considering this is ASW, I really think it's just a countdown to when stuff of this nature gets nerfed or just outright removed. Depending on how good it is. They already nerfed several characters near TOD stuff like Vegeta Double Final Flash combo and Dragon Rush loops. Once that open beta drops, record all your stuff and then take bets on how long it will take ASW to get rid of it lol.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    Well will see if they even know about it, I mean I posted about it right when I saw the first evo videos that it should be possible, asking what was the reason people werent doing it because looking at the game there was no reason not to.. People said you couldnt and well lo and behold eventually durning later tests people were and it got removed.

This idea in particular is using again what ive alluded to many times that the systems arc systems uses theres a lot of stored properties of attacks and you have to override those properties or fullfill them till they go away. Examples being in those videos I posted. So we already know you can store your smash, so I was thinking about it can you not store the dynamic smash? I could only thing that "perhaps" when 18 has shown that its possible to store her smashes, with 17 hitting the guy in the air letting her hit the ground then go back into the air somehow 17 somehow the games code sorta counts her as being somewhat in the air still which allows her to store this. But I find that idea a little hard to believe. But still whatever the case she should at least be able to double auto combo then which always builds a couple bars....

If I was more lazy or more invested id probably go back and watch old videos again to see if this has happened before and I just missed it the first time. Its hard to believe that someone hasnt at least done this on accident with all the mashing and I just never put it together. All I need to do is see it one loop of it to show the proof on concept really. Should be pretty simple if anyone ever gets to play, do your auto combo, RC it at the end, then when you land homing dash into another auto combo. Did it still smash and give you a full bar? Boom. Game potentially destroyed everyone has the same instant kill combo again that builds 6 bars.

And ya I wish I coulda got into the betas to do a lot of this and the other ideas I have to break the game but will see lol

As for the video posted I dont think there is anything new there is there? I said that back during when first videos were posted that auto combos wall bounce etc. I explained the difference between all the smashes then etc etc
    Hrmmm another potentially interesting thing, if this works, I wonder if when you do your auto combo, when you tag into your partner, if they do their auto combo then in the air.. does that give you the dynamic as well? Fuck I deff have seen videos that i recall of auto combo to bounce off wall to tag in combo. But I dont recall the combos done after that off hand to prove this theory either. *Rubs chin*

Hrmm I suppose another potential way around this idea of instantly killing everyone is, potentially if say lets say after doing a teleport RC, if for some reason it resets the properties of where we are, again I see no reason why we cant juggle with our auto combo as well to go back to the start. Again theres been no actual proof in any video that auto combos are effected by the tech buffer that I can see. Of course we would naturally assume they have to be, but at the end of the day ive never seen a auto combo not combo to homing dash, as you dont get pushed far away enough that hit stun becoming lower shouldnt as it is be a deterrent. I have of course seen cells auto combo not juggle, but that could just be because his is sorta a ghetto grab, but even then maybe it just was not timed low enough to the ground who knows. But again if there became a problem with RC reseting this storing stun this would fix that easily enough....

Anyway tried to watch a few videos but havnt seen people doing any of the requirements to show that this is true. Although again as it is, im having a hard time believing it doesn't at least work somewhat giving what we have seen with the regular smash.

On another note since you guys give me shit and will say it didnt happen here is a video showing you can fly out of block stun as well, not just deflect. Unless the person was just mashing deflect and then homing dashed instantly before I could catch it. There is a "sound effect" that happens when this was done though.

2:50 trunks stuck blocking a fireball barrage then all of the sudden canceling block stun to fly, much like we have seen many times canceling block stun to deflects.

And on a final note before I leave for awhile, was it side if 18s assist, also builds meter or just her regular special of it builds meter. Weve seen her do it and build full bars from shielding a super. So could we do random shit like if we see the opponent shooting a beam at us.. super beam whatever.. do her assist, and actually not so much use it as a defense(hell we could be in the air jumping over the beam or super)to block it, but use it to build us meter for free from fireballs that arent even hitting us? Was it said if her assist builds meter or not as well? I forget
    edited October 10
    They don't let you get more than one wallbounce per combo, or more than one smash, or a wallbounce AND a smash. So I highly doubt that theory combo is of any importance.

You can super dash in the middle of any ki blast barrage, including vegeta, as a guard cancel.

But you will all probably just hate me and call me liar even though I prove things 100 times to be true, sigh...
    Hrmmm another potentially interesting thing, if this works, I wonder if when you do your auto combo, when you tag into your partner, if they do their auto combo then in the air.. does that give you the dynamic as well? Fuck I deff have seen videos that i recall of auto combo to bounce off wall to tag in combo. But I dont recall the combos done after that off hand to prove this theory either. *Rubs chin*

Hrmm I suppose another potential way around this idea of instantly killing everyone is, potentially if say lets say after doing a teleport RC, if for some reason it resets the properties of where we are, again I see no reason why we cant juggle with our auto combo as well to go back to the start. Again theres been no actual proof in any video that auto combos are effected by the tech buffer that I can see. Of course we would naturally assume they have to be, but at the end of the day ive never seen a auto combo not combo to homing dash, as you dont get pushed far away enough that hit stun becoming lower shouldnt as it is be a deterrent. I have of course seen cells auto combo not juggle, but that could just be because his is sorta a ghetto grab, but even then maybe it just was not timed low enough to the ground who knows. But again if there became a problem with RC reseting this storing stun this would fix that easily enough....

Anyway tried to watch a few videos but havnt seen people doing any of the requirements to show that this is true. Although again as it is, im having a hard time believing it doesn't at least work somewhat giving what we have seen with the regular smash.

On another note since you guys give me shit and will say it didnt happen here is a video showing you can fly out of block stun as well, not just deflect. Unless the person was just mashing deflect and then homing dashed instantly before I could catch it. There is a "sound effect" that happens when this was done though.

2:50 trunks stuck blocking a fireball barrage then all of the sudden canceling block stun to fly, much like we have seen many times canceling block stun to deflects.

And on a final note before I leave for awhile, was it side if 18s assist, also builds meter or just her regular special of it builds meter. Weve seen her do it and build full bars from shielding a super. So could we do random shit like if we see the opponent shooting a beam at us.. super beam whatever.. do her assist, and actually not so much use it as a defense(hell we could be in the air jumping over the beam or super)to block it, but use it to build us meter for free from fireballs that arent even hitting us? Was it said if her assist builds meter or not as well? I forget

I haven't seen it happen yet but I'd be really surprised if 18's assist didn't build meter, it's like the whole point of the move.
    edited October 10
    jblair wrote: »
    They don't let you get more than one wallbounce per combo, or more than one smash, or a wallbounce AND a smash. So I highly doubt that theory combo is of any importance.

You can super dash in the middle of any ki blast barrage, including vegeta, as a guard cancel.

But you will all probably just hate me and call me liar even though I prove things 100 times to be true, sigh...

Ummm the idea that you could only bounce once was disproven many times. There was just a discussion about it back during the closed beta where I posted examples again about it. Or do you read over everything when you keep getting proven wrong? The discussion was actually about what exactly is resetting allowing you to continually wall bounce multiple times and if it was move specific and as it is no 100% concrete answer was given. But go look back its there idiot.

Its strange you're trying to act smart while bring sarcastic yet you keep posting false info trying to discredit what I've proven multiple times now. Its getting really creepy. So do you have anything of actual truth to add?

Like im a nerd but knowing that im associated with people like you creeps me out. Like im imagine the cliche fat dude, big glasses, pimples all over, trying to fight about nothing making up things trying to like display his nerd cred. And its like dude.. you lost get over it. Post something useful and actually "beat" me at a discussion about the game instead of posting false info trying to say im wrong and posting sarcastic remarks as if youve.. ever done anything
    Post edited by dialupsucky on
    edited October 11
    jblair wrote: »

Like im a nerd but knowing that im associated with people like you creeps me out. Like im imagine the cliche fat dude, big glasses, pimples all over, trying to fight about nothing making up things trying to like display his nerd cred. And its like dude.. you lost get over it. Post something useful and actually "beat" me at a discussion about the game instead of posting false info trying to say im wrong and posting sarcastic remarks as if youve.. ever done anything

Why won't you love me wtf

I mean honestly I probably missed a frw things you said if you wouldn't mind reposting. This thread has mostly crap in it it's hard to keep up.
    edited October 11
    We had a discussion already about wall bounces. There was no clear conclusion as to why you can sometimes do it more than others. Hell a easy example would be go watch maximilian remember those little combo videos he did for the beta? In one of the gohan combos theres a combo where the opponent bounces off the wall 3 times. Yet of course we have also seen in the game instances where, after one wall bounce, the character does not bounce off the wall the next EX move or whatever it is you are doing. Whether or not something resets it, some moves dont follow the same rules, something as silly as the a vs the b version of the move, or even something as random as, you bounce on the left side, you cant bounce on the left side till you bounce on the right side, which then lets you bounce on the left side again etc. There havnt been enough instances to prove what is happening that ive seen, and with out playing it myself I cant tell why. All I know is the idea that you can only wall bounce once was disproven many times in videos through certain circumstances or means.

Whatever the case adding to this even if we are to go with the idea of lets pretend there are no wall bounces for it period. Thats not the important part of this combo, you can call a assist just while randomly hitting the guy to continue a combo. All we need to know if we hit the final button in the auto combo. Does it still build meter? It bouncing, sliding, that part doesnt matter, because at the end of the day ultimately we are just trying to call a assist that gives us time to hit the ground, then air dash back up to do mash again auto combo again, to hit. Since we know going by 18s examples it is possible to store effects even after hitting the ground, and "wasting" a homing dash, the opponents character still has to fully go through their animation before our attacks stop doing what they are doing. I mean even in the say smash up examples... Its not that you CANT up smash over again, its just that it no longer creates the visual effect and the longer hit stun the second time so its less realisitc to combo unless the guy was very close. Its not like durning this the hit/s arent still building meter. So even with out this wall bounce effect, I see no reason to assume its not plausible that you will STILL build meter. The difference here being auto combos for whatever reason(because probably at least one reason they wanted to make it easier for new players)auto gives you a full bar for mashing. So I dont think its terribly unrealistic to assume that even if the hit stun effect were to not take place, what does that have to do with the super bar it self?
    Ah I recall that gohan combo. I can't see them not testing the multi dynamic idea though, it seems so obviously busted. It's hard getting these little parts of mechanics from so many different sources rn.

Everyone should watch the podcast with nakkiel and hellpockets, probably a bit of new info in there for everyone.

It sounds quite possible that even if you were to block hellzone you could do the ki blast guard cancel super dash through it, or on reversal. The ki blasts have some kind of special blockstun that allows a super dash to guard cancel out of them, and since we already know you can reversal super dash out on wakeup it seems like the neutral meta is going to be centered around baiting and punishing super dash as well as pushblock. Pushblock is looking very buff, but they have nerfed the recovery on a successful push. I think dragon rush is the way it is, (forward movement) so that you can beat push/parry with it. The meta sounds so much more intriguing to me now than when I thought it would be closer to marvel neutral.

Don't ever insult my hypothetical appearance again.
    As for it being obvious, well again, what did I said at evo.. first videos i said whats to stop people from dragon rushing, blah blah over and over. People said no you cant do it. Well some testing later , people started doing it and it was true. So it got by the developers somehow for quite awhile despite this.

As for what I just posted how come no one ever said anything about it before? Maybe they just never thought of it. Personally ive had other ideas in mind of storing stun and properties that ive alluded to before in posts, and the 18 thing proved at least some of it was possible. I mean think about the whole idea of GG games allow you to kara cancel up 2 frames. Well what one button moves do we already have that we know stores stun? There ya go, not gonna spell everything out because id like to think I have some ideas to save for combo videos so im trying not to post everything ive seen. I only posted this auto combo thing because I was thinking about the dragon ball thing I posted with auto combos, and been in a video game mindset since I just made those marvel combo videos.. and I thought of the dynamic thing. And if it works, it potentially destroys the game outright, just like being able to dragon rush multiple times etc could potentially destroy the game as it gives everyone the same idea for their best combo. So thought I should post it for someone to test next testing of the game. Other wise other random smaller ideas im keeping to myself for now.

Where is this podcast, i have a hard time believing anything new is actually going to be said. I feel like people just keep saying im wrong, and then later repeating everything I said from day one. But ill listen to it while i relax and give the benefit of a doubt. I mean you just posted this video and its dated september, first videos were from EVO were in july right when I posted how to do them. So that goes to show you. So im gonna continue being as smug in all these posts as I want to be because of this.

As for piccolo thing you said, this was shown and discussed actually already again when he was first shown.

Again as it is now the defender has to many options imo and its a potentially legit problem for the game.
    edited October 11
    OK if the podcast on this youtube channel is what you are talking about, i listened to both of them while watching some of the beta again. Its all old info that I posted a long time ago, and some of the stuff as well they posted was wrong actually as well. Sorry dude. Its fun to listen to podcasts if you are to lazy to read, I understand, but that doesnt mean its correct or I didnt already talk about it. All the info about the game is already here in this thread actually.

Anyway was randomly watching videos again from the beta trying to find some circumstances to prove what I said, and actually there was one instance where a buu player did a auto combo, to air dynamic auto combo, then landed and auto comboed again, then... didnt air auto combo lol. Damn close to proving it, but no cigar. Still to me at least proves once again though that auto combos dont seem to be effected as much by the tech buffer etc since auto combo still goes into full animation and the opponent does not fly far away allowing you to still connect for another air combo easily.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,294
    DiasFox wrote: »
    Are you ready for Ultra Instinct Goku DLC?

I'm not gonna lie, I honestly wouldn't mind it. He's got this Kenshiroish Muso-tensei thing going on which is cool.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.