Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• dizzynecrodizzynecro Shenanigans! Joined: Posts: 899
    edited October 11
    I've been watching Kai in Japanese and I honestly really want to see form 1 Cell at some point. He's so much cooler than perfect Cell with the whole Xenomorph thing he has going on and he could have a lot of focus on fighting with his tail. Plus I love Wakamoto's voice acting for that form.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 11
    Still randomly watching videos trying to watch to see if anyone has done thing.. However watching a video I did notice something interesting.. in sparking dynamics build... give you 2 free bars not just one. Wow. Please tell me again why auto combos are not good again?

Havnt noticed this before , now gotta see if it happens as well in other instances. Unfortunately trying to find a lot of these random examples of people doing auto combos means watching a lot of "not good" people mashing and just being spazzy so deff not the most exciting thing.

So right now we have sparking offensively speaking, lets you air dash cancel normals(including overhead), special move cancel overheads although probably a moot point since you can air dash but there, cancel teleports, OTG properties are effected in ways that there havnt been enough instances to full say on my end for 100%, less push back on homing dash or cancel faster, and auto combos give you 2 free bars instead of one... am I forgetting something? Anyway gonna go watch some more videos to see if i notice any other obscurities
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,774
    P4A had autocombos that gave 1/8 of super and burst bar on the third, special cancelable move. It was the definition of easy meter.

But not damage. The players that didn't rely on it as a crutch had branching routes leading in and out of it to make stylish combos to build meter and do damage.

People will end up finding good damage routes that lead to resets and stuff like that and the autocombos will be easy hitconfirms for meter.

They don't need to be bad y'know.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    Well the not damage thing is not a factor right now with them. Whats more as far as I can see you have the potential to get more damage.

also..dude..resets... how many times does it have to be said that this game has no resets. You can not punish techs what so ever, you are completely invincible to attacks and throws, you can even start moving yourself while still being invincible and start your next attack. As for idea of easy hit confirms all combos right now are easy hit confirms as I can see. Its a chain combo game, the only difference is one you are only pressing one button. I dont think the idea of hit confirming really applies to this game.

And again right now as far as I can see out of the 3 main combos, forward smash, up smash, auto combo smash. Auto combos have the most advantages. And lets just wait to see if this loop with them I posted is true as well.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,791
    IDK if we talked about it but for those that have played this game what's the layout you guys have on stick?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    Ultra Instinct Goku will be a temporary install for SSB Goku when he dies with 7 bars of meter.
    a15kko wrote: »
    IDK if we talked about it but for those that have played this game what's the layout you guys have on stick?

LMA1
    SHA2
    edited October 12
    went through another session of watching videos still havnt seen someone even go for this damn why dont they just let me test the game already... also constantly watching these people post false things etc almost makes me temtped to make a youtube going over everything. Crazy to me to think that people make money off youtube just commenting on stuff that they "think" they have seen and then posting it as its true.. Crazy world video games are now a days...

On another note though I did notice as well, in sparking throws give you 2 free bars as well when you grab the guy. Saying that, we know that from the first evo showing those throw loop combos were taken out eventually once it was proved my theory was correct. We know now when you try to combo throws the guy either gets knocked down or you can choose to just snapback them or whatever they are gonna call it. However, we have seen that this ender itself is cancelable. But... is it RCable as well? And going by teh fact that sparking throws always give you meter, the fact that comboing into a throw no longer knocks up we maybe able to work around. There was actually even a video if people recall(... probably not right but anyway) of when someone tried to do a snapback on a guy when the assist was out he was able to combo after it normally since of course logically we can say since both characters were on the screen who would he have snapped back to? So theres still somework arounds I think for some potential combos with this. So ya someone should try to see if you can RC the ender as well, or if only lets you just special.
    Well I think im gonna give up on watching anymore videos for the time being. If I watch anymore old matchs im gonna get sick of the game I think. Hopefully some new stuff comes out soon and or someone tries some of the stuff I posted....

on a potentially sorta fun just random note. Do we have a list of all the characters that have moves that have regular fireball deflecting properties on them? Not including 16s since he just absorbs hits period? Trunks power geyser, piccolos elbow, and SSB gokus elbow that I can think of?

Would be neat if say trunks has that property from frame one since we know you can down the button to just dash with it.. maybe use it as a ghetto way in through fireball barrages. Or even say again if invincible from frame one even if you get caught blocking some fireballs, start to parry then cancel that to his power geyser dash, if they are in range super cancel to to command throw before the geyser comes out.

Wish people would use that move period. We know you can juggle after it and potentially loop with it, and I want to see if just even you can combo in and out of his command jump as well still seems like should be some set ups. Deff a character that looks like he has a lot of stuff people could be using but are instead just playing him with the more basic idea of the game as it is.
    @dialupsucky People aren't even really using Dragon Rush Snapbacks to force Mahvel-like incoming mixups on characters that are really dangerous with Sparking/Meter like Gohan yet.

We got some good players putting in work, but without training mode, we're not getting the hype tech yet. To make things worse, we still have a lot of people that still didn't bother to learn the game and are doing dumb stuff like spamming homing dash in neutral.

At this point, I'm just being patient and waiting for a beta with training mode or the release while checking this thread for some bits of tech. It's been a while since I watched any video about DBFZ.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,437
    it fuckin weirds me out when sucky posts something and then he doesn't say
    Well I think im gonna give up on watching anymore videos for the time being. If I watch anymore old matchs im gonna get sick of the game I think. Hopefully some new stuff comes out soon and or someone tries some of the stuff I posted....

on a potentially sorta fun just random note. Do we have a list of all the characters that have moves that have regular fireball deflecting properties on them? Not including 16s since he just absorbs hits period? Trunks power geyser, piccolos elbow, and SSB gokus elbow that I can think of?

Would be neat if say trunks has that property from frame one since we know you can down the button to just dash with it.. maybe use it as a ghetto way in through fireball barrages. Or even say again if invincible from frame one even if you get caught blocking some fireballs, start to parry then cancel that to his power geyser dash, if they are in range super cancel to to command throw before the geyser comes out.

Wish people would use that move period. We know you can juggle after it and potentially loop with it, and I want to see if just even you can combo in and out of his command jump as well still seems like should be some set ups. Deff a character that looks like he has a lot of stuff people could be using but are instead just playing him with the more basic idea of the game as it is.

Trunks sword normals deflect fireballs!

Last night I had a dream where I had the demo in my house and I couldn't find an adapter for this stick to play it. All I wanted was to test combos. Horrible.
    Ah ya I have noticed his sword deflecting fireballs as well randomly. only saw it with his stand hard though, and at random spots in the swing.. do the other ones do it too?

I was more thinking of moves to use in random situations though as in what I said. So say were stuck in say vegetas 20 hit fireball barrage, hes like half the screen away, we cancel our block to deflect, now we need to close the distance with something is invincible to fireballs from the start.
    edited October 13
    I think I heard it was all of his sword normals. A successful deflect isn't "cancelable" like a 3s parry though is it? I know that between pax and the beta a successful parry gained more recovery because it was looking too strong to do deflect->counterattack really quickly.
    jblair wrote: »
    I think I heard it was all of his sword normals. A successful deflect isn't "cancelable" like a 3s parry though is it? I know that between pax and the beta a successful parry gained more recovery because it was looking too strong to do deflect->counterattack really quickly.

I dont know all the exact rules to parry/deflect. All I know is people have been posting a bunch of bull about it from the very beginning saying it didnt stop lows, it only parried fireballs, you couldnt do it out of block stun blah blah a lot of crap that has all been proven false countless times in videos. If theres certain versions of the game where you cant instantly cancel the recovery I dunno, but there sure as hell have been videos of people doing so. So im skeptical to anything as such as that for the time being, and im going with the idea that its very powerful for what it is right now and theres not a lot to discourage it. Even people saying it has recovery if you miss it is misleading because you can cancel your block with it, so you dont HAVE to commit, you can already be blocking the barrage and we have seen in videos its very generous a single deflect parrying multiple moves with one swipe of the characters hands.

I just attribute it to as not being the most intuitive thing at this stage in the game, but again for the time being im skeptical as to how much recovery it actually has or what truly discourages it besides the obvious throws. Maybe its something like the deflect is only special cancelable in later versions and not normal move? Who knows.
    Yeah it funny how many wrong ideas about deflect got out there. I had ideas about baiting it that are escaping me right now.

Oh wait certain moves are str8 up unblock right? I think that's one meta gimmick, ex moves are unblockable to fight force you into delfecting in certain situations.
    You mean like the dragon rush throw thing or? Or characters that have command throws????

What ex moves are you refering to that arent a throw originally or am I forgetting something?? I know cell does have his randomness of he has that full screen throw, and his auto combo is a throw last hit. However it doesnt throw you out of block stun if you blocked the second hit. Unless the opponent blocked the second hit in the air, which in a sense is bizarre in itself considering other examples of chicken guard we have seen giving you abnormally long throw invincibility times. But that is actually a legit potentially fairly abusable set up will see once the game come outs since we cant deflect in the air, and the game does lack a lot of 'real' reversals DP wise.

But ya what do you mean what ex moves are unblockable compared to their normal counterpart?
    You mean like the dragon rush throw thing or? Or characters that have command throws????

What ex moves are you refering to that arent a throw originally or am I forgetting something?? I know cell does have his randomness of he has that full screen throw, and his auto combo is a throw last hit. However it doesnt throw you out of block stun if you blocked the second hit. Unless the opponent blocked the second hit in the air, which in a sense is bizarre in itself considering other examples of chicken guard we have seen giving you abnormally long throw invincibility times. But that is actually a legit potentially fairly abusable set up will see once the game come outs since we cant deflect in the air, and the game does lack a lot of 'real' reversals DP wise.

But ya what do you mean what ex moves are unblockable compared to their normal counterpart?

I only heard this once or twice about vegeta ex knee. It takes a while to startup and it has that big red flash when it starts up. You can observe the same flash when gohan does ex upper and when vegeta does ex uh.. that fullscreen kick. The moves all have that red flash and slower startup than the a/b versions of the moves, though some of them are still very quick moves.

Again I guess it's a rumor, but it seems likely? Idk.

hrmmmm I could understand it not being air blockable, I wouldnt mind having ex dps being not airblockable.. and as a matter of fact going by how powerful just duck hps alone are anti air wise, id actually wouldnt be against DPs just period being unblockable in the air. But I find that pretty hard to believe sadly even just air wise, let alone all around.
    Pretty sure it's nothing. Just something I remember randomly hearing, but there were lots of other stupid rumors about things being unblockable. Is anything actually confirmed unblockable at this point?

I want to see how obnoxious pushblocking and super dashing can be. My buddy said that when pushing kamehame you would basically just mash it.
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 531

Christopher Sabat interview with Game Informer. Mainly talks about voice acting and some DBFZ stuff regarding story.

Hopefully DBFZ's success means that Ark-Sys will actually re-add in dubs to future games of theirs...like Guilty Gear and I don't know, Blazblue again?
    And maybe hire some Voice Directors who are just as passionate as the Japanese ones for goodness sake.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,365
    Xhominid wrote: »

Christopher Sabat interview with Game Informer. Mainly talks about voice acting and some DBFZ stuff regarding story.

Hopefully DBFZ's success means that Ark-Sys will actually re-add in dubs to future games of theirs...like Guilty Gear and I don't know, Blazblue again?
    And maybe hire some Voice Directors who are just as passionate as the Japanese ones for goodness sake.

Remember that there was a VA strike during the release of their last games.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    only thing that video made me think of is although it was a blue I wonder if we can actually time it with some characters to get a air fireball and land soon enough to attack. obviously a hard was done there, but maybe we can link lights more realistically with other characters... We already have seen videos of say characters before like goku can link his down fireball twice, and I even assumed we might be able to get some loopish situations like duck hp, duck fireball a few times or at least as part of a combo to something else depending on distance. And we have seen before instead of just hard to homing dash combo, we can hard, fireball mash, link homing dash after that.. so we if were take all 3 of these ideas together.. Maybe something like duck hp anti air, duck fireball, hits the guy down, we link to a whatever combo, to regular hard, mash fireball, homing dash, attack a few times, falling fireball, land, then ground combo to finish. And go from there.
    oh another potential neat theory fighter idea. So OK 2 ideas going on with 2 established facts we know so far...

1. Multi hitting moves in this game when you cancel out of them, must go through the full animation before your guy leaves the screen. This allows you to combo tag in homing dash combos in places where normally you cant even tag in with a hard since you no longer have the screen freeze from a hard hitting after using it once. But in these situations using a multi hitting move even though its less strength allows you to.
    2. We know you can cancel into your partners super when ever it doesnt have to be just DHC, super combo to super combo it can be anywhere.. so...

For certain supers this might be a easier way to use it to set up say something like piccolos super which is slower, or even perhaps something ghetto, freezas 2 hit low, to gokus level 3 that teleports hits on the other side. Could you get some sorta ghetto hitting from both sides unblockable situation going on? Or at least very bizarre to block situation.

Or perhaps even more ghetto and random, if you had sparking blast on.. freeza 2 hit low, cancel to tag, immediately RC, cancel to over head since your in sparking.. since RC freezes the game, i think it might be possible if you were quick enough to be hitting the guy with a low on one side and a over head on the other.

Again right now only freeza piccolo and krillin have shown they can do this since they are the only ones at the moment with multi hitting normal moves as this does not apply to multi hitting special moves.
    On that note as well thinking about it above, I wonder what rules the auto combo ender follows. Those are all specific animations and some are multiple hits. But they are still "sorta' normals right? So someone should also try tagging in and out of those right before they hit. I wonder if its possible to have the other character on the screen hitting the guy when they are frozen. We have seen videos where at least if the opponent has their partner out it is possible to get hit both of them with a auto combo at the same time. The beat turns blue but the tag will keep getting juggled anyway untill the animation ends and then eventually teleport out.
    oh another potential neat theory fighter idea. So OK 2 ideas going on with 2 established facts we know so far...

1. Multi hitting moves in this game when you cancel out of them, must go through the full animation before your guy leaves the screen. This allows you to combo tag in homing dash combos in places where normally you cant even tag in with a hard since you no longer have the screen freeze from a hard hitting after using it once. But in these situations using a multi hitting move even though its less strength allows you to.
    2. We know you can cancel into your partners super when ever it doesnt have to be just DHC, super combo to super combo it can be anywhere.. so...

For certain supers this might be a easier way to use it to set up say something like piccolos super which is slower, or even perhaps something ghetto, freezas 2 hit low, to gokus level 3 that teleports hits on the other side. Could you get some sorta ghetto hitting from both sides unblockable situation going on? Or at least very bizarre to block situation.

Or perhaps even more ghetto and random, if you had sparking blast on.. freeza 2 hit low, cancel to tag, immediately RC, cancel to over head since your in sparking.. since RC freezes the game, i think it might be possible if you were quick enough to be hitting the guy with a low on one side and a over head on the other.

Again right now only freeza piccolo and krillin have shown they can do this since they are the only ones at the moment with multi hitting normal moves as this does not apply to multi hitting special moves.

I think they removed the anywhere tag super ability.
    when did they say the removed that what? i saw it durning the last build of the game. I saw trunks doing his air slash, and instead of landing and doing his super, he just canceled the move to vegetas super.
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,489
    That big bang assist is fucking sexy. Piccolo and freezia should benefit from it greatly.
    That big bang assist is fucking sexy. Piccolo and freezia should benefit from it greatly.

Blue Vegeta got Big Bang Assist!?

That's hella sick, a lot of characters can use that. Gohan can use this to approach easily.
    Is it straight forward or AA?

when did they say the removed that what? i saw it durning the last build of the game. I saw trunks doing his air slash, and instead of landing and doing his super, he just canceled the move to vegetas super.

Really? I thought for sure someone said that. I believe it though, I just haven't seen anyone use it except for a few times in much older builds.
  • digos25digos25 PIMBA PIMBA PIMBA Joined: Posts: 587
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,665
    Raz0r wrote: »
    This game needs more news soon. The wait for it is too long and the news too little.

We should have new news if Namco has any within a matter of days, V-Jump scans/leaks appear in the middle of the month
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    jblair wrote: »

Really? I thought for sure someone said that. I believe it though, I just haven't seen anyone use it except for a few times in much older builds.

Dunno i saw it recently again while trying to watch videos to find if anyone had ever done the above theories I was talking about.

maybe one potential confusing aspect is that remember some videos weve seen even though they came after, and even the beta for example, were based on a older video, even though what was it? Gamescon, and pax were newer versions of the game compared to the beta. You could tell this by when certain moves were hitting now all the "anti air" writing etc that pops up the screen were showing for everything yet.

Anyway hopefully new videos soon
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,715
    They should've revealed Yamcha and Tien alone, with Tien coming last because he needs the most work done. Would've made the wait easier.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,913
    They should've revealed Yamcha and Tien alone, with Tien coming last because he needs the most work done. Would've made the wait easier.

Yamcha and Tien are a package deal!
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,558
    Saitsu wrote: »

Dunno why. They're not really associated with each other other than the fight they had.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,913
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »

Dunno why. They're not really associated with each other other than the fight they had.

They just kind of ended up that way, even though as you said, they don't associate with each other at all really. Hell they both have more association with Vegeta than they do each other, but it's just one of those things thanks to outside media that kind of pushed the pairing.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • digos25digos25 PIMBA PIMBA PIMBA Joined: Posts: 587
    edited October 18
    For some reason they are paired up alot in media, in the anime they only have that moment when they fought + the shit talk leading up to it, than in the Cell games you have both protecting Trunks. That pairing had to face the ultimate evil 5:21: