Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,166
    Hopefully they keep Super to a minimum in the base game. Beerus is practically a lock. I can't see Broly not being in the main game. Raditz has a high chance considering he's the first DBZ villain and he was in Extreme Butouden just like Nappa and Ginyu. I bet 21 will be the last reveal. I can't see her not being playable.

That leaves one slot. Probably Hit from what we saw on that blurry scan. Would hope for Roshi instead but that will probably not happen. Maybe in the DLC.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,639
    I don't think Raditz is making it in.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,142 mod
    I don't see Broly in the base game. He's popular enough that he'll sell as DLC.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,166
    I think he has a good chance because he was in Extreme Butouden and Arc is picking a lot of that game's characters for DBFZ (Kid Buu, Gotenks, Nappa, Ginyu, Mystic Gohan, God versions for Goku and Vegeta). That's why I think Beerus and Broly are pretty much a lock. Raditz is not popular, but I think he might get in for being in EB.
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 342
    edited December 4
    Is there a discord for this game about gameplay and matchups in the coming months?
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,886
    Black hit beerus but I can see one of those being a dlc
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,682
    First 3 movies are considered canon. Garlic and turles confirmed
  • 71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z That One Guy Joined: Posts: 60
    traxus wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised with zero movie representatives in the base roster, especially if they are sticking to canon characters for the story mode. A lot easier to roll out characters outside of the plot in DLC.

Raditz makes a lot of sense considering he is the first villain and his actions started everything that happened in Z, but at the same time it would be strange to announce him so late, when you'd figure they'd be saving big guns to hype people up for the launch. Maybe some bullshit leads to Raditz being a real threat in the story?

anigif_original-grid-image-26996-1425328937-4.gif?crop=410:271;0,8}

Be still, my beating heart....

If there is one thing Dan Hibiki taught me, it is that you can win by throwing autographs at people's faces.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,937
    Leon63 wrote: »
    Real long explicative trailers presents Gohan Último.

The Lord of Strong Style!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,042
    edited December 5
    Kinda sucks knowing FighterZ isn't going to be playable at PSX in a few days, I'm eager for the footage of... well, pretty much everybody who was revealed since the last playable build/closed beta

We haven't properly seen any footage of basically more than half of the cast (even considering the demo stream for Tien, Yamcha and Ginyu back in early October)

Really hoping Namco is bringing the lastest build to Jump Fiesta will all the characters as of November 5th (including Ultihan)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,892
    edited December 5
    Man, I can't even be bothered to click on the trailers anymore. They feel like wastes of time

At least 1 minute of gameplay from the past 5 announced characters when?
    What is like $2500 a month?
    At 0:18 Gohan transforms
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,377
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Really hoping Namco is bringing the lastest build to Jump Fiesta

¡Muy caliente!
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 5
    Deff a lackluster unhype trailer even by its 15 seconds of actual action trailer standard we have been getting. Youd think that if they were going to end it on the kamehameha they may as well show the most powerful version of it. Why show a weak version of it?

Aesthetically speaking personally id like to see the masenko have some shades of purple like it has in the anime and manga instead of just being a yellow blast as well. Also although not a move he specifically used I wouldnt mind ultimate gohans biggest kamehameha being yellow in this specific case since well, the biggest kamehameha he used against buus ball thing was a yellow beam so it might tie in better if he powered up and did it like that. Dont get me wrong kamehamehas should be blue, but you know again the biggest one he did at that stage if you will was yellow.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, a little surprising they would a weak version of a super for the final clip... strange PR/hype move.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,119
    I wanna see how Mystic Gohan looks when you actually max him out.

Still wish he had the Kai costume.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    When do we get the next reveal of characters?
  • Kuroi AimaKuroi Aima Joined: Posts: 489
    a15kko wrote: »
    When do we get the next reveal of characters?

probably at jump festa, they gonna show DBFZ on 17th
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,478
    At Jump Festa on Dec 16-17th.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,639
    These trailers are terrible and Gohan is the most boring man in the universe.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,184
    Korbidon wrote: »
    These trailers are terrible and Gohan is the most boring man in the universe.

Don't tell me you don't think buu saga Gohan is the most badass character ever? He's absolutely fucking sick. Too bad he later turnout to be just a family man and not in the cool Guile way.
    Well they finally gave us the strongest non fused character of Z
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,896
    Ultimate Gohan was the only trace of cool Gohan ever had, and it was also the point where he became Jobhan, so it was his end.

Maybe if he becomes Calvo and fights Regla de Todos, his character can be saved.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,297
    Ultimate Gohan was the only trace of cool Gohan ever had, and it was also the point where he became Jobhan, so it was his end.

Maybe if he becomes Calvo and fights Regla de Todos, his character can be saved.

He became JobHan but it wasn't really his fault. It took a factor he had absolutely no reason to see coming, plus Gotenks being dumb enough to wanting to fight themselves when he clearly had everything handled.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,896
    Saitsu wrote: »

He became JobHan but it wasn't really his fault. It took a factor he had absolutely no reason to see coming, plus Gotenks being dumb enough to wanting to fight themselves when he clearly had everything handled.
    I wasn't taking into account him getting blown up by Super Buu, but him not being able to catch the potara for whatever dumb reason.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,042
    a15kko wrote: »

oof, that animation at 1:38 looks terrible lol
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,119
    edited December 6
    Gohan only took a backseat because Toriyama doesn't know how to revolve a story around him.

I.e. laziness
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • olianderoliander Joined: Posts: 55
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    Gohan only took a backseat because Toriyama doesn't know how to revolve a story around him.

I.e. laziness

Toriyama also invented Super Saiyan because he was too lazy too keep drawing Goku's hair black.

Don't discount the marketing power of laziness.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,542
    edited December 6
    late as hell but the free dhcs are half-circles instead of the regular super motion plus assist. No wonder I wasn't getting them during the beta. Thought they had removed that shit glad that they didn't.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,318
    not gonna lie, with the huge lack of info/real players playing this game the past few months I really forgot this game existed

hopefully it ends up kinda competitive
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 505
    Want more info before the game come out? Wait for upcoming beta and enjoy bunch of info/gameplay on youtube/ twitch/ etc at your heart's content.
    Scrub artist : http://diasfox.tumblr.com/
    SFV:ChunLi | Tekken7:Alisa | DOA5LR:Kokoro | GGXRDRev2:Dizzy | KoF14: Angel