Dragon Ball FighterZ General: DBZ Subforum Edition

Comments

• Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,900
    I thought that Burter's choices were Patrol and Gohan Kicks while Jeice's were Blast from the air and patrol w/Burter. Seems like two pretty obvious choices to me (Unless there was something I missed).

Because QCF Burtur takes sooooooooo long to finish, he won't be around to fuse with Jeice. You can still use Jeice's normal Ki version, but not the one that needs Burtur.

This is all speculation mind you, but it's a pretty educated guess that Ginyu won't have two Burturs flying about at the same time.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    edited January 2
    I can get behind that.

It still makes a 'pick your poison' scenario. You can either own the skies or bombard the earth, but you don't get both.

What'll really set Ginyu apart from other zoners will be calling and disguising the force with Super Jumps. There's a lot of potential there.
  • HadokingHadoking The ReoGeo Successor Joined: Posts: 1,292
    Everyone can have an opinion, only yours doesn't matter.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,910
    Yaaaassss
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,495
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    Burtur, at first glance, seems to be the best Ginyu. His flight power is obviously useful, but at closer inspection his kick move comes out ridiculously fast, like 2 frames from arrival to active hitbox. I could see him stuffing a LOT of reckless approaches and attacks
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,320
    Hadoking wrote: »

If his does enough block stun for one mixup gohan is on Every team
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,676
    Cronopio wrote: »
    LOL at people freaking out at a DP with invulnerability.

psylocke-new.gif
    cyc-shoryu.gif

History has proven it to be a very big deal
  • SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is Reality Joined: Posts: 35,863
    Short, Short Psyblade the Revenge
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 380
    Max also didn't show off all the Ginyu Force options. There is AT LEAST one more of Recoome doing the Ultra Fighting Miracle Bomber.

Maybe eraser gun turns into that if you hold the button or something?

• AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 774
    https://mobile.twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/909242006001524736

Didn't see this one here. It really makes the game look cool.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    edited January 3
    Needs to be used in the field before judging. Any front facing invincible DP assist will have to deal with the entire cast being able to crossup
    No one has an 8 way air dash, i think we will be ok lol
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ya to bad wasnt shown how the other moves are done. It would be nice if there were more moves, people were so horny about ginyu, but that video makes it look like he really only has 2 moves for each of them, which almost makes him seem completely like a novelty character choice wise over picking other characters. Really hope theres more "hidden" moves if you will like the recomme blow shit up.

The qcf moves with standing. If we are to go by the general rule of the game of we can go back and forth with hards and special button, and ginyu force is only just a button. It should be even in the most simplest of ideas be pretty easily to get multiple of them in a combo even something simple like sweep, call one of them, hard, call one of them blah blah. Really if you go by just the special button and you look at how all of the attacks work and what they are actually doing generally speaking they seem like they could serve a similar function combo wise and with hards being able to go back and forth with special chain wise. Doesnt seem like that will take much thought process at all to do combos with him in terms of that aspect. His "gimmick" if you will really only looks to only require any sort of thought for the one qcf move. Since those at least do actually function differently. But ya other wise rather than be a potentially complicated character, he looks rather simple and potentially limited ala maybe most the cast. I mean really think about it.. what are all those S moves doing functionally speaking? Guldo throwing a spike and jeice throwing a fireball, are still in a way acting like recomme and burter. A almost well projectile if you will moving forward while you are still free to move. The "idea" behind them is still the same. Only potential difference is perhaps some are deflectable I guess if jeices fireball lets you fly through it etc.

I mean heres a simple idea that seems potentially plausible to me to roll them all in a single go assuming theres no some restriction on his chains and he goes with the normal idea of the game.. Say something like combo to, qcf+s guldo comes out freezes the guy, do however much you can to combo the guy, do what i said above, sweep, s recomme comes out, you chain your s, to hard, smashes the dude to the corner you chain the hs, back to s, which calls burter, he does his rapid kick, you then whatever do your air combo, then after the hard you do a qcf+s, in the air again, which this time will call the purple comet, opponent is this forced to block then and assuming you cant just parry/fly through it, you have just reset it while leaving your self covered to start your next shit.

Thats like a one min idea again if his chains work the same way as other characters. And even if not im sure theres work arounds for a similar mind set. With the way the game works, and the fact that all his stand s, seem to serve a similar function I dont think it would be to hard to notice where you are in the rotation with some practice, to save things like purple comet as your ender for air combo enders.

Hell if you think about it I mean look at it... All of those qcf+s moves look like functionally speaking air combo enders. Guldo.. youre high in the air, you smash the guy down assuming your high enough in the air you cancel your hard to guldo he freezes them before they hit the ground even and you combo them... Recomme, cancel your smash in the air to qcf+s, either he gets juggled by beam mouth thing, or its a beam so we can assume no flying or deflecting out of it he has to eat it.. burter, knock them to the ground burters flying around like a jack ass. Purple comet already talked about..

Anyway thats my one min theory watching that video.. basic idea you are using the S moves on the ground for your combos since they all look to come out at the same speed and are doing a similar thing, and when ever you hit the guy in the air you qcf+s your hard to try to hit them again or make them wake up into stuff.

No idea for the recomme kaboom thing or any other move for now till I see how its done.

On another idea it would be neat if once broly gets announced hes so tall that he has to block all of burters qcf+s. Hope thats the case for wacky character only mix ups.

• jblairjblair mmm hotdogs Joined: Posts: 1,483
    Have you guys even watched a video for this game?
    sanwa sticks are for peasants
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,906 mod
    I really wanna play 18 again tbh lmao
    SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
    SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
    YouTube
    Twitch
    edited January 3
    Actually thinking about it, being able to time your second assist call to keep your opponent in block stun after a blocked dp is going to be pretty good.

Being able to call 2 assists freely at almost any time is going to make this game kind of crazy
    edited January 3
    Gohan assist isn't like marvel stuff at all. If you haven't noticed assists take twice as long on average to recover in comparison to mvc, and that recovery period is stalled if you land a combo, so I'm finding these comparisons to haggar and psylocke pretty retarded tbh. Haggar recovered in roughly 120 frames, the only character that has an assist recovering that fast is android 16, which is obviously a special case because of its tiny range. Gohan assist takes at least twice that time (which I already said months ago) and it doesn't recharge until your combo is done.

In my mind, this game is still similar to other arcsys games, and the assists moves are more comparable to something like an frc. Burning both of your assists is a lot like spending 50 tension in guilty gear to extend pressure/combos, and frc also slowed your meter gain afterwards similar to the way you will not regenerate assist calls if you land a combo.
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,131
    Being able to plink Gohan assist into an assist like Vegeta or Kid Buu does sound strong in theory.
    edited January 3
    jblair wrote: »
    Being able to plink Gohan assist into an assist like Vegeta or Kid Buu does sound strong in theory.
    Yeah, unless they block and then you have no assists at all for 4-5 seconds.

"plink" really needs to die already

plinking has nothing to do with that at all

This don't really matter since it's not like you can't move your point

I'm going to call two assists and just sit there and do nothing?? No mixups , no setups? Nothing

Why would plink need to die? Just means pressing two buttons almost at the same time, or are you one of those it's not a fireball it's a ki blast type people?

This idea you just mash your assits is dumb , it's not corridor

If you land a combo off a assist this is exactly like marvel , the fuck are you calling Gohan in the middle of a combo for
    Alright, not my fault the frc comparison went over your head.
    Plinking is a glitch from sf4 and sfxt.
    edited January 3
    quicks wrote: »

If you land a combo off a assist this is exactly like marvel , the fuck are you calling Gohan in the middle of a combo for

Do you have proof of this? In every situation assists do not begin to regenerate until you(or the opponent? not sure the exact condition) reaches neutral after a combo. Pretty sure you're blatantly wrong and that's why I made my initial condescending comment.

edited January 3
    I know where plinking came from, but it's now synonyms with that action, the same way all jumping uppercuts are called dragon punches even though they are not. Like stop being so serious.

If you call an assits and open them up we'll use drones for and example they block two and get hit low 3rs drone hits you cannot call more drones untill your back in neutral you're locked out from calling the assist again untill you're hurting somebody

(I'm playing marvel 3 right now)
  • The DynastThe Dynast Joined: Posts: 33
    edited January 3

Do you have proof of this? In every situation assists do not begin to regenerate until you(or the opponent? not sure the exact condition) reaches neutral after a combo. Pretty sure you're blatantly wrong and that's why I made my initial condescending comment.

Unless something changed since the beta, you are wrong about this. Assists still recover even during a combo. The only thing that happens differently during a combo is the character portrait is grayed out meaning you cannot call the same assist twice in the same combo. The assist gauge will still refill as normal and will be queued up and become ready the second the combo drops or ends. It happens multiple times in this video:

I must have gotten it confused with a tagging situation or something
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,131
    Yeah, unless they block and then you have no assists at all for 4-5 seconds.

"plink" really needs to die already

plinking has nothing to do with that at all

LOL, them being forced to block is the situation I wanted in the first place. Hell, I even said "in theory" as I don't have the game to assess the full risk of using 2 assists that close to eachother.

And there's no need to be petty. You know by referring to "plinking" I mean sliding from one input to the next to extend the potential blockstun, I do not mean that in a literal sense. Gohan's assist into a lockdown assist, come on, I shouldn't have to explain this really.
    On the other hand, the attacking player might be able to counter call, using 2 assists preemptively to blow up a gohan assist and create a happy birthday situation.

Can't wait for this game to actually come out lol
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,217 mod
    edited January 3
    Actually thinking about it, being able to time your second assist call to keep your opponent in block stun after a blocked dp is going to be pretty good.

Being able to call 2 assists freely at almost any time is going to make this game kind of crazy

It sounds good at first, but in some situations doing it at a poor time will basically get you viably Merry Xmas'd. You couldn't get Merry Xmas'd in Marvel 2/3 unless you did a shitty THC with no invincibility or Vergil did some absolute magic during your THC. If the game is like Marvel 2/3 where assisting characters take extra damage, it could be risky to do too often. You would need to find like slightly delayed patterns where one assist safely covers the other.

You're only going to be able to do it with all 3 characters alive any way so realistically you can only call 2 assists at the same time for so long. Ideally you'll probably want to call invincible assist plus beam or call Android 18+beam so you can lock out their assist while throwing yours.

It also kinda sucks that each character only has one assist as the concept could get really nuts with more assists per character. That's why Marvel Infinite is so fun because I'm sure almost no one is using all of the tag assist scenarios per character. You can literally turn everything your character does into an assist. The only thing you really lose is Sent/Commando or Zero/Dante style flying around in the air calling AA assist. Other than that you can literally do anything including stuff that you can't really do traditionally to assist.

The good thing about one assist per character though is that you can at least be almost guaranteed that the assist they do get will be decent. In Marvel 3 it was easy to go about making characters that had 3 shitty assists because oh well they're probably good on point or can just team them with someone that has a good one. You can't have a one assist game with a bunch of characters that have an absolutely garbage assist. Which TBF other than rare scenarios there was usually one go to assist for each character in Marvel any way.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

It's worth noting that calling assists in this game have giant red 'please punish me' flags with the character portraits popping up in a position where's it's easy to see. Such a thing makes reacting easier. You KNOW there's gonna be some poor soul within week 1 who's going to call double assists against Kid Gohan and receive a triple punish of Father-Son-Holy Spirit-meHA and half his team is gone
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,235
    If you have a button that makes the opponent say stop everything

It's a big fucking deal

You wanna jump over my beam? Hold this Gohan

You wanna escape this corner ? Hold this Gohan

I'm gonna run some mixups ok? Hold this Gohan for a second please

You wanna try and put pressure on me? Hold this Gohan

Etc

I want to jump around and do my combos, why does this man not let me in so I can do my combos :(
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,406
    With how people are talking about gohan's assist being so good. I can see a lot of happy birthdays because of mis use.
    USF4:Mains /Rose/Poison/Akuma/Sakura
    SFV AE:/Kolin/Falke/Akuma
    UNIST: /Enkidu/Phonon
    DBFZ: /18/Vegeta/Cell