Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Dragon Ball FighterZ General: DBZ Subforum Edition

Comments

• BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    According to everyone who's made breakdowns so far, they all have really limited time (I've seen Hellpockets, Rhymestyle, and Max say so and I'm assuming PL has too because his breakdown was just as bad) to get information for their breakdowns, but Max still takes the time to go as in-depth as (i'm assuming) he knows. I don't get the "He's rushing these videos out for the $$$" vibe at all. Yeah, Nappa is definitely going to give him more views than a Gotenks video, right?

Its not just for DBZ game, its with his whole Youtube channel. Making fake hype videos, making tutorials that he doesnt fully grasp or info thats already been out, ect. Personally, I feel as if hes taking advantage of new comers for his own benefit and profit. But hey cant blame the guy if hes easily making a living off of this. I'm just not a fan of his tactics.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 5,063
    edited January 5
    @Colonel-Gilgamesh

I don't care about the like/comment/subscribe thing because that's a YT thing. Just don't do those things if you don't want to. As for clickbait, I wouldn't know because I don't go to his channel often (but the DBF breakdown videos don't scream clickbait to me (other than the "Full Breakdown" part, seeing as how he's missed information). For focusing on what's popular (I'm on his page to check this), MvCi/EX Fighting Layer/Old Street Fighter doesn't really seem to fit that mold. It just looks like he makes videos on what he's interested in. And the influx of scrubs just means more people playing FGs (seems like a good thing to me).

And yeah, we aren't his target audience, so just let him do his own thing.

@BMsirhc1313

When the talk goes outside of the DBF tutorials I'm out of what I really know here, but what does a fake hype video even mean? (And I don't have much to say on anything else there, because I don't know enough about his channel to comment on it. Except,) And what do you mean by taking advantage of newcomers? Do you mean "by setting himself up as a source for "Good" FG knowledge w/o taking the time to get whether or not he's 100% on his info he's made a system where he gets away with being lazy and spreading misinformation?" Because one of the things I do know about him is that he got big off of Marvel tutorials (and since I know you're a marvel guy, you'd know if they were good or not).
    EDIT: And yeah, going through his channel I'm getting a bigger feel for the clickbaity thumbnails

I used to think DUS took a lot of time typing out his posts, but after this I get how easy it is to go for paragraphs.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Colonel-Gilgamesh

I don't care about the like/comment/subscribe thing because that's a YT thing. Just don't do those things if you don't want to. As for clickbait, I wouldn't know because I don't go to his channel often (but the DBF breakdown videos don't scream clickbait to me (other than the "Full Breakdown" part, seeing as how he's missed information). For focusing on what's popular (I'm on his page to check this), MvCi/EX Fighting Layer/Old Street Fighter doesn't really seem to fit that mold. It just looks like he makes videos on what he's interested in. And the influx of scrubs just means more people playing FGs (seems like a good thing to me).

And yeah, we aren't his target audience, so just let him do his own thing.

@BMsirhc1313

When the talk goes outside of the DBF tutorials I'm out of what I really know here, but what does a fake hype video even mean? (And I don't have much to say on anything else there, because I don't know enough about his channel to comment on it. Except,) And what do you mean by taking advantage of newcomers? Do you mean "by setting himself up as a source for "Good" FG knowledge w/o taking the time to get whether or not he's 100% on his info he's made a system where he gets away with being lazy and spreading misinformation?" Because one of the things I do know about him is that he got big off of Marvel tutorials (and since I know you're a marvel guy, you'd know if they were good or not).
    EDIT: And yeah, going through his channel I'm getting a bigger feel for the clickbaity thumbnails

I used to think DUS took a lot of time typing out his posts, but after this I get how easy it is to go for paragraphs.

Fake hype..you know when he screams and pretends to be all excited about something thats not really too exciting.

Back in MvC3 he was spouting out wrong and bad information. Havent watched him since.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,916
    As a general rule, don't respect any YT channel that posts Reaction videos, ESPECIALLY ones that show the important parts of the video they're reacting to. Such a practice pretty much sucks views away from the original content.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,346
    I don't think I'll ever understand the Max hate

I can't speak for everyone, but for what i know from some people here and other sites, it mostly boils down to the fact that in many occassions he trhows info that is wrong, and usually doesn't fix it once he is corrected.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Yeah I get it (for some reason I was thinking about it in another, dumber way). I think that just comes down to us not being his target audience (someone's gotta like it or else he wouldn't get views). And yeah, I'll trust you on the Marvel angle.

Still, I'm excited for his DBF breakdowns because he's the best source we have so far. Even if he's wrong, I can go through other videos with the characters to make sure what he's talking about seem right or not (Like I'm going to do with Nappa). I'm just hungry for info because Bamco is keeping it on a really tight leash for some reason.
    I'm just hungry for info because Bamco is keeping it on a really tight leash for some reason.

You just answered your own question
    It's not even that I respect him, I just didn't get the hate.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hadoking wrote: »
    According to the game goon Nappa stream, Nakkiel tested deflect during blockstun and it was Vegeta assist specific. It might be assist only.

only vegetas assist huh... well theres vegeta doing it himself not his assist. People get things wrong, I get it he demolished basically everyone in the beta when they played him. No one can argue that he raped almost everyone. Doesnt mean hes right, or he cant mess something up.

Do i need to find every single time someone does it with their fireball. This shit is fucking OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. Holy crap you guys want me to be wrong so bad its disturbing. I talked about this shit months and months ago. Theres day one EVO build stuff of people blocking regular fireballs and then deflecting its one of the first things that was shown, and then a bit later on it was shown you can fly out of it to. Come on.

Again I have nothing to say about the final version of the game, I have not played it. But you know what if ANNNNNNNNNNNNNYTHING works that I talked about in the final version of the game. Im calling it the clayton, the dialup, whatever the fuck I want. Just to annoy everyone even more about what absolute babies they have been in this thread arguing about every single thing.

Like this is so old, I can't believe its even a conversation still.
    According to the game goon Nappa stream, Nakkiel tested deflect during blockstun and it was Vegeta assist specific. It might be assist only.

only vegetas assist huh... well theres vegeta doing it himself not his assist. People get things wrong, I get it he demolished basically everyone in the beta when they played him. No one can argue that he raped almost everyone. Doesnt mean hes right, or he cant mess something up.

Do i need to find every single time someone does it with their fireball. This shit is fucking OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. Holy crap you guys want me to be wrong so bad its disturbing. I talked about this shit months and months ago. Theres day one EVO build stuff of people blocking regular fireballs and then deflecting its one of the first things that was shown, and then a bit later on it was shown you can fly out of it to. Come on.

Again I have nothing to say about the final version of the game, I have not played it. But you know what if ANNNNNNNNNNNNNYTHING works that I talked about in the final version of the game. Im calling it the clayton, the dialup, whatever the fuck I want. Just to annoy everyone even more about what absolute babies they have been in this thread arguing about every single thing.

Ok, real talk, good for you you found something. We're all glad you did and appreciate it. But you shouldn't expect people to know/remember when you post about it in the forums. There are no stickies for all the tech to be dumped into, folks are regularly talking about new stuff, many people learn by playing instead of being told, and your post with all the good info gets buried in new posts, meaning people who come into the thread at a later date have no clue what you posted about and when, nor is there any indication of how much knowledge they actually have. And on top of all that, the game isn't out which means, as you said, it's all subject to change. There are too many reasons for someone not to know it's not worth getting angry about.

"Don't weep for the stupid you'll be crying all day". Same applies for getting mad
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,136
    If I didn't know of a place that typically sells games 3-4 days early I'd jump on some of these deals I'm seeing.
    edited January 5
    Speaking of Nappa, I just found out that Hellpockets put out some more information about him on his stream w/Footage.

Timestamp is 34:26
    https://twitch.tv/videos/215560519

EDIT: Just realized that the link didn't go to the actual video for some reason.

Post edited by NupoChromine on
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 386
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Yamcha fights mini-Cells, which gives us an indication of his power level. He's several steps above Nappa, and would probably one shot him.

Nappa got GG'ed too early to get the massive boosts that hit everyone.

"Fights" is not the word I would use if we're talking about the manga. He gets beat up, arm broken, and knocked out in like 2 panels by a cell-jr, without fighting back at all lol.

• HadokingHadoking The ReoGeo Successor Joined: Posts: 1,292

Mt.paozo arcade stream on the game goons twitch channel. Timestamp: 36:30. He says that in the beta build, deflecting during blockstun also worked with point Vegeta projectiles. However, in the newest build he tried it again and it doesn't work against point vegeta anymore.
    Everyone can have an opinion, only yours doesn't matter.
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 702
    I started losing respect for him the moment he was both disappointed in MvC:I and then immediately apologetic about MvC:I being shit. its like, so you dont like the game and the controversy surrounding it over the reused assets and limited new characters that are mostly locked behind a pay wall but you still think people should get into it? Please. :/

I couldnt tell if he was being real or just paid to say it at that point. especially as he kept making videos about disliking it and people not really being into it.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • ShoryuAlmondShoryuAlmond Joined: Posts: 15
    LordxMugen wrote: »
    I started losing respect for him the moment he was both disappointed in MvC:I and then immediately apologetic about MvC:I being shit. its like, so you dont like the game and the controversy surrounding it over the reused assets and limited new characters that are mostly locked behind a pay wall but you still think people should get into it? Please. :/

I couldnt tell if he was being real or just paid to say it at that point. especially as he kept making videos about disliking it and people not really being into it.

I watch his stuff occasionally, but the majority of it is not of interest to me. From what I've gathered he believes the game has its faults and problems with graphics and music. He seemed to think playing it was fun. I kind of felt that way too. Once I started playing it I liked it, but I still was unhappy with a majority of the music. I also had to modify settings files or it looked very blurry on my PC.

Even if his breakdowns for DBF haven't been great they haven't been worse than the other ones that were put out. It looks like they all suffered from a small amount of time with the game, and/or they are so obnoxious I hate watching them ie ryhmestyle with his YEYEYEYEYEYEYE.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 6,081
    lmao rhymestyle's breakdowns weren't helpful at all

Its gonna be fun to see him in the fgc scene
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ha so lemme get this straight, basically im taking this as I want you to go and find all the pax/gamecons builds whatever(which is easy enough to find really since all you look for is the blue effect on anti airs)and show me every single move that counts as a regular fireball and someone deflecting and flying out of it.

And youre basing this off because in this stream which through multiple episodes has had false and misleading info about the game, and even said in it the controllers were shitty at the event and they were missing things...

Well I would say that argument is ridiculously flawed because that isnt much proof to me. And again this is nothing against the dude personally. But this is a stream where they have multiple times again posted false info, and said in the stream it was shitty and they were missing things. So how that now means all the videos before were invalid is ludicrous

But hey the next version of the game comes out in a week so all of this will be easy to test. But then, you run into the conundrum of the game that again when all this was posted about back during the summer whatever. If could not reflect and fly out of block stun of moves that count as fireballs, well then yes the argument about lock downs being to powerful is true. As a matter of fact if anyone remembers me posting it(..)there have been block stun loops shown. With no assists already. Opponent was just screwed. Its been in matchs ive posted about them. Hell I even posted potential ways to position yourself that you could punish the fly out of it to react to, so the only thing now you need to watch out for is who has fireball invincible moves that they can do out of a parry. Because even with out assist, block stun loops have been shown.

So then yes.. LOck down is now a major potential concern in the game, and its a clusterfuck. Because if you can not fly or deflect out of block stun from moves that count as a fireball. Wtf are you gonna do? Guess you need meter to get out and the game is gonna get very obnoxious very quickly if just the same character only loops still exist not even counting assists.

So once again this becomes faulty game design that could have just been fixed by allowing you to throw deflects, and or have moves that you can not deflect period to catch someone in the act and punish them.

Who knows will these loops even work in the next version of the game, not claiming they do, only going by what has actually been shown to work.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,473
    a15kko wrote: »

While I laughed a lot watching him commentating the EVO matches, on the second day he made sure to apologize and to study a bit more about the FGC lingo to not make so many mistakes.

I didn't even knew he was doing breakdowns, I don't watch his videos at all, but I respect that he's actually trying to learn.
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,704
    Volt wrote: »
    a15kko wrote: »

While I laughed a lot watching him commentating the EVO matches, on the second day he made sure to apologize and to study a bit more about the FGC lingo to not make so many mistakes.

I didn't even knew he was doing breakdowns, I don't watch his videos at all, but I respect that he's actually trying to learn.

I respect he has a massive audience for dbz, and doesn't know anything about fighting games so I am gonna steal as many of his subscribers to my channel as possible :smokin:
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,914 mod
    I used to watch him when he did Raging Blast 2 videos

he's just a massive DBZ fan, mainly did CPU vs. CPU "what-if" fights, or fought vs. the CPU with fan requests. Nice dude, just not very good at games and will only be commentating due to audience, good on him for attempting to acquaint himself though.
    SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
    SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,733
    Jack-O we in there.
    edited January 5
    Tenshinhan's Volleyball Fist is capable of side switching. Unsure how, but youbasically knock them behind you slightly in the second his and sends them backwards. Could be a size thing (was used on Nappa). You can EX each part of the Volleyball fist. Unsure what the effect is though. EX 1 is a grab (known), but the other two, the serve and the spike can both be meter burned. The side switch was NOT due to a meter burn
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,794
    edited January 6
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/678950/DRAGON_BALL_FighterZ/

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
    Windows 7/8/10 (64 bit OS required)
    AMD FX-4350, 3.2 Ghz/Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20 Ghz
    4GB RAM
    Radeon HD 6870, 1GB/Geforce GTX 650 Ti, 1GB
    Directx 11
    DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS
    Windows 7/8/10 (64 bit OS required)
    AMD Ryzen 5 1400, 3.2 Ghz/Intel Core i7-3770, 3.40 Ghz
    7GB RAM
    Radeon HD 7870, 2GB/Geforce GTX 660, 2GB
    Directx 11
    DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Max Warning. As promised

• Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 10,030
    From what I've seen from people I know that ran into Max online, he generally likes to avoid uploading matches where he got massively exposed, to upload the potential cheeky win. Mind him, that's a common practice for a lot of people that play competitive shit online and upload it.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 9,051
    edited January 6
    Wouldn’t make much sense if he did, his YouTube gameplay videos are just edited versions of his twitch VODs, which are fully available. Anyone can watch him blow up or get blown up.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 10,030
    Yeah, this was before he went full Twitch. Which is more or less also the same time where people started to hate on him.
  • AlexTheKingAlexTheKing Joined: Posts: 1,144
    edited January 6
    As someone who doesn't keep up with FG related stuff, I have to say that Max is a good source of FG news.
    Post edited by AlexTheKing on
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,687
    edited January 6
    everyone besides max has said that nappa has armored moves? I’m not too discouraged by that video. I’m still a nappa main.

The nappa breakdown fits pretty well into the “why does everyone hate max?” discussion though, dude has way more power than he can handle. Eventhubs level incompetence with 10x the audience.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,733
    I think srk turned on max when he said if he kept making videos he would lose his apartment and he kept making videos.
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 542
    Hmm... Still don't know what actual reason to hate so much of him.

Anyway, one more week until beta arrives!
    Scrub artist : http://diasfox.tumblr.com/
    SFV:ChunLi | Tekken7:Alisa | DOA5LR:Kokoro | GGXRDRev2:Dizzy | KoF14: Angel

I take back everything I said about Max. That Nappa video was worthless (And here I was waiting to mix the information with the Hellpockets stream).

Unimportant Nappa Rambling:
    So yeah, Nappa looks interesting. I was thinking first that I'd use Nappa as a "plant then back out" support, but now that I know about his cancellable divekick (or punch, I forget), I might see how he works in controlling the air (I forget the normal exactly (j.H?)) with the Saibamen on the ground (I know that they take one hit to KO, so I'm not expecting anything amazing, but depending on how low you can do the divekick I could see some good pressure from Nappa). I probably should just go back to the stream, but if I remember correctly his 2H was the clap, which could be a decent AA, not sure. 2 plants at a time is fine, because that lets you have 3 out at once (2ground, 1out). His explosion special looks slow (the assist looks useful, but it doesn't seem like something to throw out in neutral too often, even though it tracks) and his run looks like an ender, mainly.

Does anyone know what his little 2 flick special does? The damage doesn't look good, so I'm assuming it has some other use.