Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! PLAY THE BETA!

Comments

• a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,981
    Out of place jazzy theme. Sounds like marvel to me

I wanna take you for a rideeee
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,266
    Mylzileto wrote: »
    I admit that I'm a fairly new member of the fgc, and relatively young in general, so I don't really remember a time when srk or forums in general were the big thing for communication, but I'll try to throw in my two cents as an alternate view, hopefully worth considering. Forums are definitely better in the long term; you can still look up discussions on old games or out of date versions with relative ease, and they're a lot more permanent than any messenger app ever will be. I don't think, however, that discord and its ilk are a complete waste of time for this. They're much better for quick q&a, and if the mods are doing their jobs and stickying popular questions, then they can be a more concise well of information, albeit not as detailed. I think having both would be a boon, and I'm definitely up for moving to dustloop (especially if that means the frame data and info on the character rundown pages will be brought up to date), but if that doesn't work out, then discord may have to suffice for a bit.

But more on topic, I am very excited for the beta. I've been fairly skeptical about beerus being the local venom clone, since the orbs don't seem to have the same level of detailed physics that the billiards balls do, but he looks fun regardless. I've actually convinced a coworker that doesn't play fighters to go a few rounds with at launch, mostly because we have same yamcha sucks/no, he's great back and forth that's been all over the internet, though he seems pretty good natured with it.

well @Mylzileto theres no need to worry as srk forums have been saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bless Nappa
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When you realize every comment, post, video and even tweet is click bait now a days
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro ゾインクス! ゾインクス! Joined: Posts: 981
    Fake news
    We always talk about characters we like but are there characters that don't interest you guys at all?
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,689
    a15kko wrote: »
    We always talk about characters we like but are there characters that don't interest you guys at all?

Both Gohan's look super dry.

Considering the potential he had, Cell is kinda dry.

Both versions of Goku look like babies first fighter.

I really, really hate Krillians senzu/rock mechanic.

As an aside, the death of Hirmoi Tsuru means we will probably never have Bulma as a playable character.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro ゾインクス! ゾインクス! Joined: Posts: 981

Broly. I know he's popular and I see how he has potential for untapped archetypes but Broly just feels to me like he was designed by an 8 year old. He just kinda irritates me to look at.
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 368
    The initial batch of characters from when the game was first announced all look pretty bland tbh, aside from frieza.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,483

Everyone but kid buu.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,276
    I downloaded the beta (X1) but the servers "undergoing maintenance".

Hot damn the title screen music, tho. Guess I'll wait.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,073
    I downloaded the beta (X1) but the servers "undergoing maintenance".

Hot damn the title screen music, tho. Guess I'll wait.

what happens when you start it in offline mode?
    i heard trainingsroom should be available. :pensive:

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,276
    I'll have to see if anyone did that unless I get on my box before then to test it later.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 228
    Beta downloading ...
    You don't deserve to know my name !
    digos25 wrote: »
    New version of the Hit trailer:

This should be the music in the trailer.
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Whats info with beta...is this for X1 for now? Whens pc and ps4?
    PS4 & X1 available for DL. No beta ever for PC.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge No Ningens Allowed Joined: Posts: 16,577
    Goku looks boring honestly. Outside of the Instant Kamehameha and the cool as shit SSJ3 transformation, I don't care for him. Teen Gohan only has that sick AA Kamehameha. Frieza, Krillin, 18, Nappa, Adult Gohan, SSJ Blue Goku, Tien, and Yamcha don't do anything for me. Don't care for the Buu's either. I'll try everyone out to see how they feel when I get game but so far my sights are on Vegeta/SSJBlue Vegeta, Piccolo, Goku Black, Cell, and Hit. Beerus looks like he could be interesting.

Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    edited January 12
    Yamcha, Hit & Goku Black for me.
    Post edited by Reiji on
    edited January 12
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/01/12/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-this-weekends-dragon-ball-fighterz-open-beta-on-ps4/#sf179026153

This seems to imply there might be trials for every character eh and not just tutorial... Which would be nice because then i can just ignore and do combo videos for lots of characters

Also DBs are in beta? Would be a good time to test to see if how I said you can build multiple balls in a combo is still working.
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 460
    Both Vegetas, Gohan SSJ2, Nappa don't do anything for me. I like Trunks and Tenshinhan but in the game they look bland/lacking. Thankfully I'm way overhyped by other characters.

Told the PS4 to download the beta. But I'll only be able to play on sunday anyway.
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 368
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in here, but the PC version apparently uses denuvo, according to the EULA on steam.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,708
    dizzynecro wrote: »

Broly. I know he's popular and I see how he has potential for untapped archetypes but Broly just feels to me like he was designed by an 8 year old. He just kinda irritates me to look at.

This is why I always wish for his SSJ form.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,372
    Got PS4 open beta pre-downloaded so ready for when it goes live. Happy there's training mode this time, going to actually try to learn some of the game this time.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,710 mod
    likewise, I couldn't play much before. I really hate not knowing what I'm doing.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,266
    traxus wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in here, but the PC version apparently uses denuvo, according to the EULA on steam.

consoles win again
    traxus wrote: »

Does that mean it's not the same game anymore ?
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,073
    anyways made this up

share this to all the newer dbz players or dummies who don't know any better you wanna play online WIRE THAT SHIT UP

@TWINBLADES
    watch it!

• Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,954
    digos25 wrote: »
    New version of the Hit trailer:

Been like 3 years since I last listened to sax guy. What an amazing tune tbh.
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,076
    That Sax tune leans more to the House side than the Jazz side however.

I'm also digging Hit's theme can't lie
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 177
    Korbidon wrote: »

Both Gohan's look super dry.

Considering the potential he had, Cell is kinda dry.

Both versions of Goku look like babies first fighter.

I really, really hate Krillians senzu/rock mechanic.

As an aside, the death of Hirmoi Tsuru means we will probably never have Bulma as a playable character.

What potential? The guys entire schtick is that he has moves from other people... He's also kinda lame as a villain. Cell's first form is the one that had potential.

Anyway, I also don't dig Cell and the two gohans. They look boring. Vegeta and goku are kinda meh too. My first team will probably be Tenshinhan, Frieza and Piccolo. Hit, Beerus, Nappa, Yamcha, Gotenks all look interesting too.

I preordered the physical copy from amazon but they sent me something on getting the beta
  • AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,123
    When you pre order for PS4,are you supposed to get a code to access the beta? Or do they just know?
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
    You have to actually go to the store and type out dragon ball fighterz open beta. It wont just give it to you automatically. Gotta type the whole thing out. Yea its dumb. But if you look you will see a place to download the beta, and a place to download the pre order thing as well.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,368
    You have to actually go to the store and type out dragon ball fighterz open beta. It wont just give it to you automatically. Gotta type the whole thing out. Yea its dumb. But if you look you will see a place to download the beta, and a place to download the pre order thing as well.

Are you going to play on the open beta?
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.