Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,408
    A Freeza insta kill will be him blowing up the planet I'm guessing.

That's pretty much what they did with Freeza in Supersonic Warriors for GBA (which, coincidentally, was another Dragon Ball game that ASW also worked on). Using Freeza's Supernova (?) would set off a timer. If you couldn't kill him within that time, one of your characters was dead. And if that was your last character, then GG.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,033
    Valoon wrote: »
    They will do the insta kills like GG and it's going to be some mega kamehameha shit for Goku, like the one with the TP he does on Cell imo that's the coolest one in the manga. I am going to loose it if they show this at E3.

• xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,258
    Its gonna be a tag fighter like mvc. No word on assists tho but in the press release it says something about team compatibility and strategy so I'm hopeful that there are some assists.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,156
    I feel bad for those guys working on Hyper DBZ (that one 2d game). Here comes ASW with an actual budget and resources lol. I would assume they would make it a bit simpler than the GG series, which wouldn't be a bad thing. If they borrow some elements from old versus games (MvC2 or older), then this could be the GOAT game.

DBZ POR VIDA.

• SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    I mean, it's nothing to feel bad about. It was a passion project and I'm sure they themselves would love to play it.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,408
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    Its gonna be a tag fighter like mvc. No word on assists tho but in the press release it says something about team compatibility and strategy so I'm hopeful that there are some assists.

I wouldn't mind Assists, but on the other hand, it's not like games in the style of KOFXI are all that plentiful, either.

In either case, going by this article from two years ago, it sounds like Marvel-style assists weren't what they had in mind for this type of project from the jump: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/28/the-next-blazblue-may-have-tag-battles-creator-wants-siliconera-readers-feedback/
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Not surprised affinity posted that mess

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,968
    have people so convently forgtoe about EXtreme Botouden which pretty much did the same thing. Game really was gem
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    keo-bas wrote: »
    have people so convently forgtoe about EXtreme Botouden which pretty much did the same thing. Game really was gem

It was a 3DS game with absolutely no budget. Never in history does any portable fighting game count.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 596
    I hope there are no assists and all team members need to be knocked out before victory. If they go the Butouden/Marvel bullshit route, fuck that noise, I am sticking with Hyper Dragon Ball Z!
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 444
    As if I wasn't sold just by the premise alone, the game is getting a PC version as well.

If all goes well, this will probably be a day one purchase for me.
    Rip sig.
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,338
    i think Ono's big announcement at E3 is that DBF is sending his ass back to the hospital for "stress" related chest pain again.

lol.
    poor Ono san.

• StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,338
    Launch gonna be S tier

callin it now.
    edited June 10
    StockyJam wrote: »
    Launch gonna be S tier

callin it now.

Yeah...if anyone can remember who she is.
    If they include her, than I will no doubt be sporting Launch/Chaiotzu/Tien. That would be very unlikely to happen (in the first release) if they are going for quality and there are quite a few DBZ and Super fans that do not even know who she is...
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,591
    Bardock was the shit in Budokai 3. Would love to see him in a game like this.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Bardock is rubbish. He is just a scarred Goku with Saiyan gear and a bandana. He doesn't even have any great moves or weapons...
  • FrozteyFroztey That British Dude Joined: Posts: 8,227
    Bardock is rubbish. He is just a scarred Goku with Saiyan gear and a bandana. He doesn't even have any great moves or weapons...

lol
    Bardock was the shit in Budokai 3. Would love to see him in a game like this.

Kids these days are not ready for Heat Phalanx loops.

Shit even I knew about the Heat Phalanx loops, and I didn't even look at the competitive side seriously.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,806 mod
    I just want Piccolo to be able to split himself ala Morrigan in UMvC3 so we can have actual trapping in an ArcSys game.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,377
    I just want my god damn Super Saiyan 3 install.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
    I am going to side with Vegeta on this one and say that Super Saiyan 3 is a redundant and wasteful form.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Theres no way this will not be good with ARCSYSTEMWORKS behind it

My god RIP Marvel
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,801
    will arc sys continue the guilty gear model of updates or it will be base game with updates and DLC ?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,319
    Maxman wrote: »
    will arc sys continue the guilty gear model of updates or it will be base game with updates and DLC ?

You act like that's ArcSys's call to make. It's not, it's Namco's, they own the game. So judging by their track record, probably base game and DLC.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Maxman wrote: »

You act like that's ArcSys's call to make. It's not, it's Namco's, they own the game. So judging by their track record, probably base game and DLC.

Yeah thats what i was thinking too

lets see what they pull off

I sure hope that it doesnt follow KOF style where its turn by turn round like instead of next character seamlessly transitioning into the match like Marvel
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,165
    When's Dragon Ball?
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,064
    edited June 10
    The way the match is described you can pretty much forget about the idea of the match ending when one character dies.
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,233
    They could do transformations like Dante and Vergil in Marvel. They cost meter, last for only a certain amount of time and maybe adds some extra moves. Since some ppl (read: Goku) have so many transformations maybe you have to chose which one you want at the character select screen.

Also if all you know about Dimps DBZ games is Xenoverse, don't speak on it. The Budokai/BL series with always be classic.

Ki Cancels opened that series wide the fuck open, so much experimentation with combos.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,591
    edited June 10
    Well, Slaythe from Gaf said the transformed states were separate slots last time he saw the game.

Hopefully they're in-game transformations. It'd be funny to see a team of Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Blue Goku
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,233
    Then the roster is gonna have to be pretty deep to be a Marvel-esque game.

I already know Future Trunks and Piccolo are set so I'm all good.

Also if Broly is in I hope he plays like Tager; I wanna see alot of face grabbin and lethal body checks
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,927
    I hope they do like in dragon ball super and use some religious like epic music when you turn goku to super saiyan blue (if you can).

I am not the biggest fan of db super but that part is dope.

Like this :

[SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    what else do ebin leakers have revealed about tis game
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,377
    Well, Slaythe from Gaf said the transformed states were separate slots last time he saw the game.

Hopefully they're in-game transformations. It'd be funny to see a team of Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Blue Goku

How do you handle multiple forms though? Maybe do like Shin Budokai 2 and have you pick which transformation you want at the start as your install and give them unique perks?
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,045
    If it doesn't have ggpo it's basically dead on arrival. Here's to hoping they finally got the netplay right. Although I'm pretty fucking sure they wont.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Arcana Heart homing dash please.
    Dime_x wrote: »
    If it doesn't have ggpo it's basically dead on arrival. Here's to hoping they finally got the netplay right. Although I'm pretty fucking sure they wont.

With rollback you won't know the difference between lag and super speed.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited June 10
    30 characters with a lot of big baddies even from OAV seem okay with me. I hope alternate forms isn't a separate character slot.

Super combination should be in along with the assist system like UMVC3.

Even the MVC1's Dual Combination Attack seems interesting to see for two character in a team of 3.

I think the only suitable alternate forms right now to be a separate slot is a Super Saiyan 4th transformation and also Future Trunks.

Fat Buu with Mr Satan, Future Trunks with Mai, Trunks with Gotenks and Tien with Chaozu should be a single character now. Like Chang with Choi in their CVS2 iteration or like Ace Attorney with Maya in UMVC3.

A fusion characters is more interesting to be a pair combination move by having two characters in one team instead of a separate character slot. Like the Atomic Guy conditions and activation that is a pair transformation of Yuki and Ai in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions