Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,608
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Wonder how they will do transformations. I see meter gauge on bottom. Level 1 = Ssj1, Level 2 = Ssj2, ect.? So would cost 3 meters for Ssj3?

There won't be any in-game transformations.

How do you know this? What I hope is that ALL transformations ARE in-game. I don't want any doubling up on the roster with base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 etc all taking up different slots.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,549
    mowr wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Wonder how they will do transformations. I see meter gauge on bottom. Level 1 = Ssj1, Level 2 = Ssj2, ect.? So would cost 3 meters for Ssj3?

There won't be any in-game transformations.

How do you know this? What I hope is that ALL transformations ARE in-game. I don't want any doubling up on the roster with base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 etc all taking up different slots.

Too bad, like usual your hopes and dreams end up not happening.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,970
    edited June 9
    I'd be down for in-game transformations as well.

In Super DBZ, Super Saiyan only lasted for a little under a minute.

In Budokai, they drop out of transformations when they're knocked down and below the gauge (say if it takes 3 to go Super Saiyan 2, getting knocked down with 2 meters will make you revert to the previous form or less) it takes to transform.

I know Broly never dropped to his Base form in Budokai 3 regardless if he loss all of his energy or not.

I'm already expecting that fucker to be included.

I'm so looking forward to everything about this game.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,256
    Goku having ssj3 or kaioken as an install super would be kind of cool. Would make sense since they are more time based then other transformations. Other than that though I wouldn't really want characters being weak and shit in their base forms until they turn super saiyan. No reason not to just have the option to make them look super saiyan.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 684
    For 75% of transformations, they could just have a palette swap. However, they could just have a time limited transformation super. Would be awesome to have color customization.
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 772
    edited June 9
    I hope Hit and Park Ranger 17 make it into the game.

I am sure Goku Black SSR will either be a pre-order bonus or DLC. Beerus and Hit are also very likely DLC candidates.

I don't see why they would be. Unlike with Xenoverse 2, Dragon Ball Fighters is coming out after out after the U6 arc and the Goku Black Arc.

Also, Beerus has been in the base roster of every recent Dragon Ball game, i don't see why it would be different here. Especially since Beerus was on the base roster of Arc Systems last Dragon Ball game.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,977
    edited June 9
    They will do the insta kills like GG and it's going to be some mega kamehameha shit for Goku, like the one with the TP he does on Cell imo that's the coolest one in the manga. I am going to loose it if they show this at E3.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 772
    A Freeza insta kill will be him blowing up the planet I'm guessing.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
    If they do insta kills this game needs Mercenary Tao!

P.S. Maybe they will include Beerus in base roster...
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    A Freeza insta kill will be him blowing up the planet I'm guessing.

That's pretty much what they did with Freeza in Supersonic Warriors for GBA (which, coincidentally, was another Dragon Ball game that ASW also worked on). Using Freeza's Supernova (?) would set off a timer. If you couldn't kill him within that time, one of your characters was dead. And if that was your last character, then GG.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,256
    Valoon wrote: »
    They will do the insta kills like GG and it's going to be some mega kamehameha shit for Goku, like the one with the TP he does on Cell imo that's the coolest one in the manga. I am going to loose it if they show this at E3.

• xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,397
    Its gonna be a tag fighter like mvc. No word on assists tho but in the press release it says something about team compatibility and strategy so I'm hopeful that there are some assists.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,200
    I feel bad for those guys working on Hyper DBZ (that one 2d game). Here comes ASW with an actual budget and resources lol. I would assume they would make it a bit simpler than the GG series, which wouldn't be a bad thing. If they borrow some elements from old versus games (MvC2 or older), then this could be the GOAT game.

DBZ POR VIDA.

I mean, it's nothing to feel bad about. It was a passion project and I'm sure they themselves would love to play it.
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    Its gonna be a tag fighter like mvc. No word on assists tho but in the press release it says something about team compatibility and strategy so I'm hopeful that there are some assists.

I wouldn't mind Assists, but on the other hand, it's not like games in the style of KOFXI are all that plentiful, either.

In either case, going by this article from two years ago, it sounds like Marvel-style assists weren't what they had in mind for this type of project from the jump: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/28/the-next-blazblue-may-have-tag-battles-creator-wants-siliconera-readers-feedback/
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,120 mod
    Not surprised affinity posted that mess

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,969
    have people so convently forgtoe about EXtreme Botouden which pretty much did the same thing. Game really was gem
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    keo-bas wrote: »
    have people so convently forgtoe about EXtreme Botouden which pretty much did the same thing. Game really was gem

It was a 3DS game with absolutely no budget. Never in history does any portable fighting game count.
    I hope there are no assists and all team members need to be knocked out before victory. If they go the Butouden/Marvel bullshit route, fuck that noise, I am sticking with Hyper Dragon Ball Z!
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 468
    As if I wasn't sold just by the premise alone, the game is getting a PC version as well.

If all goes well, this will probably be a day one purchase for me.
    Rip sig.
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,504
    i think Ono's big announcement at E3 is that DBF is sending his ass back to the hospital for "stress" related chest pain again.

lol.
    poor Ono san.

• StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,504
    Launch gonna be S tier

callin it now.
    edited June 10
    StockyJam wrote: »
    Launch gonna be S tier

callin it now.

Yeah...if anyone can remember who she is.
    If they include her, than I will no doubt be sporting Launch/Chaiotzu/Tien. That would be very unlikely to happen (in the first release) if they are going for quality and there are quite a few DBZ and Super fans that do not even know who she is...
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,970
    Bardock was the shit in Budokai 3. Would love to see him in a game like this.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Bardock is rubbish. He is just a scarred Goku with Saiyan gear and a bandana. He doesn't even have any great moves or weapons...
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,025 mod
    Bardock is rubbish. He is just a scarred Goku with Saiyan gear and a bandana. He doesn't even have any great moves or weapons...

lol
    SFV - I drop everyone after a week
    Sometimes I upload stuff - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQESJOpYAW3RQ_ag9q9T_g
    Bardock was the shit in Budokai 3. Would love to see him in a game like this.

Kids these days are not ready for Heat Phalanx loops.

Shit even I knew about the Heat Phalanx loops, and I didn't even look at the competitive side seriously.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,374 mod
    I just want Piccolo to be able to split himself ala Morrigan in UMvC3 so we can have actual trapping in an ArcSys game.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,484
    I just want my god damn Super Saiyan 3 install.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
    I am going to side with Vegeta on this one and say that Super Saiyan 3 is a redundant and wasteful form.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    Theres no way this will not be good with ARCSYSTEMWORKS behind it

My god RIP Marvel