Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,823
    will arc sys continue the guilty gear model of updates or it will be base game with updates and DLC ?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330
    Maxman wrote: »
    will arc sys continue the guilty gear model of updates or it will be base game with updates and DLC ?

You act like that's ArcSys's call to make. It's not, it's Namco's, they own the game. So judging by their track record, probably base game and DLC.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

You act like that's ArcSys's call to make. It's not, it's Namco's, they own the game. So judging by their track record, probably base game and DLC.

Yeah thats what i was thinking too

lets see what they pull off

I sure hope that it doesnt follow KOF style where its turn by turn round like instead of next character seamlessly transitioning into the match like Marvel
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    When's Dragon Ball?
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,082
    edited June 10
    The way the match is described you can pretty much forget about the idea of the match ending when one character dies.
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,243
    They could do transformations like Dante and Vergil in Marvel. They cost meter, last for only a certain amount of time and maybe adds some extra moves. Since some ppl (read: Goku) have so many transformations maybe you have to chose which one you want at the character select screen.

Also if all you know about Dimps DBZ games is Xenoverse, don't speak on it. The Budokai/BL series with always be classic.

Ki Cancels opened that series wide the fuck open, so much experimentation with combos.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,206
    edited June 10
    Well, Slaythe from Gaf said the transformed states were separate slots last time he saw the game.

Hopefully they're in-game transformations. It'd be funny to see a team of Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Blue Goku
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,243
    Then the roster is gonna have to be pretty deep to be a Marvel-esque game.

I already know Future Trunks and Piccolo are set so I'm all good.

Also if Broly is in I hope he plays like Tager; I wanna see alot of face grabbin and lethal body checks
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    I hope they do like in dragon ball super and use some religious like epic music when you turn goku to super saiyan blue (if you can).

I am not the biggest fan of db super but that part is dope.

Like this :

[SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    what else do ebin leakers have revealed about tis game
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Well, Slaythe from Gaf said the transformed states were separate slots last time he saw the game.

Hopefully they're in-game transformations. It'd be funny to see a team of Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Blue Goku

How do you handle multiple forms though? Maybe do like Shin Budokai 2 and have you pick which transformation you want at the start as your install and give them unique perks?
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,737
    If it doesn't have ggpo it's basically dead on arrival. Here's to hoping they finally got the netplay right. Although I'm pretty fucking sure they wont.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Arcana Heart homing dash please.
    Dime_x wrote: »
    If it doesn't have ggpo it's basically dead on arrival. Here's to hoping they finally got the netplay right. Although I'm pretty fucking sure they wont.

With rollback you won't know the difference between lag and super speed.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,416
    edited June 10
    30 characters with a lot of big baddies even from OAV seem okay with me. I hope alternate forms isn't a separate character slot.

Super combination should be in along with the assist system like UMVC3.

Even the MVC1's Dual Combination Attack seems interesting to see for two character in a team of 3.

I think the only suitable alternate forms right now to be a separate slot is a Super Saiyan 4th transformation and also Future Trunks.

Fat Buu with Mr Satan, Future Trunks with Mai, Trunks with Gotenks and Tien with Chaozu should be a single character now. Like Chang with Choi in their CVS2 iteration or like Ace Attorney with Maya in UMVC3.

A fusion characters is more interesting to be a pair combination move by having two characters in one team instead of a separate character slot. Like the Atomic Guy conditions and activation that is a pair transformation of Yuki and Ai in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,649
    I sure hope that it doesnt follow KOF style where its turn by turn round like instead of next character seamlessly transitioning into the match like Marvel

as far as i know, what ive read from sources its 3v3, tag based, but no mvc type assists. think KOFXI

• DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Lame, I want the unblockable Taiyoken assist.

Gimme some broken shit Ark Sys.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,090
    DBZ games are the only fighting games where i'll use a big body character if my boy Broly is in.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    But if alternate's aren't a separate character slot, how will Tyrone have his all Broly team?
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,363
    edited June 10
    d3v wrote: »
    I just want Piccolo to be able to split himself ala Morrigan in UMvC3 so we can have actual trapping in an ArcSys game.

Because Venom doesn exists #rolleyes
    Froztey wrote: »
    Xrd's netcode is good it's matchmaking is shit

Well, that is because most people are more interested on hanging out on the lobbies instead of trying to catch something with the match making.
    I mean, you can have up to 64 people on the public lobbies and 8 or16 (i don't remember right now) on the private ones.
    Is the same reason why most don't bother with ranking.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I just want Piccolo to be able to split himself ala Morrigan in UMvC3 so we can have actual trapping in an ArcSys game.

Because Venom doesn exists #rolleyes
    I don't think Venom has anything close to MorriDoom or Spiral/Sent, where you can spend nearly the whole match in blockstun without even getting close to them.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,470
    Nappa should be like ultron but with saibamen assists lol.
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409

Even better? If they made him like they did in Zenkai Battle Royale where he could set "Saibaman proximity bombs" that would leap out and latch onto your opponents if they got close. Give him a bit of a Testament like vibe with traps.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,940
    Over here walking right into unblockables...

F9M1WW7.jpg
    actual trapping in an ArcSys game.
    I know what you meant, but even if we each make 76 more posts containing the word "tranny," we will still have said that less on SRK than SonicHabeeb.

Sometimes GGXRD camera doesn't pull back far enough for the dynamic moves of perspective they suddenly do. Granted Marvel games tend to never do that, but go 2-3 screens high vertically instead. Arcsys has more experience doing it the other way with Isuka, ala a Samurai Showdown space out by being too far apart and that happens.

Camera Director could be as important as the mythical Battle Director this time around.

Lets hope they consider some of that from a gameplay perspective more than just spinaroonie cinematics.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,665
    You know, the fact that this is gonna be an Arcsys title makes me wonder - will the game have an ENG dub?
    The only modern Dragon Ball games that didn't have one are Super Dragon Ball Z, Fusions, Extreme Butoden, though Fusions and Butoden are portable titles

At least as far as I'm aware
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    Arcsys makes it but it's not with their money, they are hired to do it by Namco/

At the bottom of the press release there is a bunch of language planned so I assume those will not just be text.

It's not crazy hard to translate a game, you need to code the system that can handle multiple voice files (probably they have it already since it was in Sign) and then what you mostly need is a bunch of money to hire voice actors and studios around the world to translate shit for you and record it.
    It's never that easy because there is always the occasional annoying bug but that's the general idea.

So long story short I would be very surprised if it's not fully translated in multiple languages.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 10
    Theres no way this will not be good with ARCSYSTEMWORKS behind it

My god RIP Marvel

Don't forget: With real financial backing and a worldwide release. I bet Bamco gave them some additional staff to speed up the process.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The way the match is described you can pretty much forget about the idea of the match ending when one character dies.

Yeah. Back a while ago, Arc said that they make their fighters for specific console generations. They were in the process of giving this generation it's own fighter:

http://shoryuken.com/2013/03/28/arc-system-works-interested-in-creating-new-fighting-game-series-for-playstation-4/

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/14/arc-system-works-want-to-make-a-new-fighter-following-guilty-gear-and-blazblue/
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Enigmatic Gale Joined: Posts: 3,237
    MOB712 wrote: »
    They could do transformations like Dante and Vergil in Marvel. They cost meter, last for only a certain amount of time and maybe adds some extra moves.

You say this like ArcSys games haven't had timed power-up modes before (Dragon Install, Overdrive, etc).
    Prove your justice to society.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,206
    @Pertho

Here's a better translation of the press release:
    An innovative fighting game in the “Dragon Ball” series with “2.5D” graphics

“Dragon Ball Fighters”

Available worldwide in 2018!

Bandai Namco Entertainment (Main office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; president: Ooshita Satoshi) are launching the action game “Dragon Ball Fighters” in early 2018, for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Steam, and featuring new “2.5D” anime graphics. This game, the latest in the series of “Dragon Ball” home console games, will be developed worldwide as a full-fledged “Dragon Ball” fighting game.

This current project is a genuine fighting game that distinguishes itself from previous entries in the “Dragon Ball” series. Its development is being handled by Arc System Works, who have handled numerous 2D fighting games that have won acclaim both in Japan and overseas, thoroughly recreating in-game the look of the “Dragon Ball” anime beloved around the world. You will be able to enjoy the world of “Dragon Ball” by experiencing battles overflowing with realism; it’s like an anime that you can move yourself.

Battles utilize 3-on-3 team fights, and you can enjoy strategic tactics such as mastering character affinities and building teams. In addition, this innovative fighting game incorporates the thrill of high-speed battles and flashy special attacks people have come to expect from “Dragon Ball”.

It is currently in development so that you can enjoy the world of “Dragon Ball” with new graphics. Please look forward to it.

Hiroki Tomoko comment:
    This game has turned into a “2.5D battle” combining 2D anime presentation and 3D solid presentation. In recent years there have been many “Dragon Ball” games where you fly around through 3D space, so the reason for bothering to choose 2.5D is because there are some things only it can express. Although at first glance it looks just like 2D animation, since it’s made in 3D the camera can move to different angles, allowing for a wider range of expression and introducing many unique productions that are impossible in only 2D or 3D. I am sure that all the players will be able to experience “Dragon Ball” battles that feel like an anime they’re running in real time. Look forward to “Dragon Ball” battles you can only experience in this game.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited June 10
    Gimme Cell that calls Cell Jrs. like Sent's drones.
  • Saif_Al_OmairaSaif_Al_Omaira Joined: Posts: 13
    edited June 10
    3 vs 3 huh? How will fusions work? Maybe it will be something like tatsunoko vs capcom and they take up an extra character slot but are buffed in a certain way, like health?

also I don't think there should be any excessive transformations like the budokai/tenkaichi/ raging blast series, goku should start as super saiyan(let him transform into it when the fight starts) and have an extra transformation that has a time limit and drains health slowly like ssj3 or takes a supers worth of energy like ssj blue. I'd love it if they did stuff like this to make it closer to the anime/manga. Any way, think of the air neutral game! How would they use flight, air dashes or like MvsC2 magneto/storm? it would be interesting if its like arcana hearts or better yet make it like super sonic warriors!
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dragonball "Z" fighter.

So does that mean no Beerus, Whis, Hit, and other Super characters?