Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,206
    edited June 10
    Not necessarily. Most Z games still had characters from DB and GT. Budokai 3 has Omega Shenron, Super Saiyan 4, and Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta. Same with Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and countless other games. I'm sure it won't be any different here.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It would make sense in business and as a financial decision to include characters in Super to ride the hype from the current show. If it wasnt for Super, we probably wouldn't see this game.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If this has been said before ignore but havnt read the whole thread.. maybe since its supposed to be a 3vs3 game, maybe a way to work fusion characters in(there better be vegito dammit!)

Maybe something like you can pick a fusion character but it takes up 2 character slots? Or maybe something like you have to have each corresponding character on the team, then if you have a level 3 or whatever way the power bar will work, you can fuse those 2 characters?

might be a way to sorta try to ghetto balance it in someway shape or form while still allowing for the more fun obviously stronger characters to be useable.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    I doubt they will have fusion characters take up 2 slots. I think they will be treated as regular characters unless they plan on doing a ratio like system which I doubt.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,206
    It would make sense in business and as a financial decision to include characters in Super to ride the hype from the current show. If it wasnt for Super, we probably wouldn't see this game.

Yeah, I have no doubt we'll see Super characters. Beers at the very least will be in from the jump. Slaythe said the game has planned DLC, so we'll definitely see many fan favs that aren't in the initial roster.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    edited June 10

Yeah, I have no doubt we'll see Super characters. Beers at the very least will be in from the jump. Slaythe said the game has planned DLC, so we'll definitely see many fan favs that aren't in the initial roster.

Beers, Hit, Zamasu and Black are shoe ins depending on the roster size on launch. Jiren has an extremely high chance due to timing of the current arc and the game's release.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    Alright guys, if somebody wants to make a post with all current information that I can copy/paste to update the OP, it'd be great. Doctrine I'll add your translation right now.

For the rest of the thread though, just @ me for whichever info is the most current and I'll update the OP.

Thank you guys.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,470
    I honestly don't think there will be fusions or transformations outside of a couple install supers. From the rumors it seems they are really striving for a competitive game. Probably not going to have stat boosts and shit like that from previous dbz games IMO.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    They talk about affinities between characters, so maybe they have mechanics that are specific to some characters being in the same team, like fusion.

But honestly I kinda doubt it, I think fusions will be simply characters.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,363
    I'll make a Goku, Gohan, Goten team just to do the father & sons kame hame ha
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    I'm going to buy a limited edition of this game if they offer it. HYPE!
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,409
    My team is Tien, fat Buu and Roshi cause im a real fan

fake gamer girl fans pick goku and gohan on their team!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173
    I don't know anything about Dragon Ball but are there any waifus in this game?
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,665
    Neclord wrote: »
    I don't know anything about Dragon Ball but are there any waifus in this game?

Dragon Ball isn't really keen on waifus. There's Bulma, Chi-Chi, Android 18, Videl, Launch, and that's basically it. There's also Zangya from the Bojack movie but she's non canon anyway so whatevs
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    I am going to go basic bitch as always in FG and play saiyans.

Goku, Vegata for sure and Broly if he is in.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I'll make a Goku, Gohan, Goten team just to do the father & sons kame hame ha

I can see this being a thing if the game has THC of sorts. Would be a cool way to add fanservice without really sacrificing gameplay.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 721
    Califula is a bitch and she is into her protege Kale.

I would like to see Mr. Popo as the special boss flinging characters off of Kami's Lookout, and countering nearly everything.
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,756
    MikuruX wrote: »
    EDwin wrote: »
    Always wanted this. Piccolo mains we in here

As long as Juuhachigou (Android 18) gets in, I'm satisfied. Regardless, I'm very happy that this is even coming out.

i havent seen anyone do this shit in YEARS

epidemic that you?
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,756
    Cronopio wrote: »
    I wonder if it's 3-on-3 like KOF (the interactions even sound similar to the old affinity system of '98) or if it will have assists.

I think this could answer your question
    18920182_10208836840470771_5752968040075236538_n.jpg?oh=d27a5af8bfefd8ad62aa2819cbb42c4a&oe=599E4A80

shit better have button dashes
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,363
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Cronopio wrote: »
    I wonder if it's 3-on-3 like KOF (the interactions even sound similar to the old affinity system of '98) or if it will have assists.

I think this could answer your question
    18920182_10208836840470771_5752968040075236538_n.jpg?oh=d27a5af8bfefd8ad62aa2819cbb42c4a&oe=599E4A80

shit better have button dashes

I wouldn't count on that, but it wouldn't be to far fetched to think that they will add something like the homing mechanic from the Arcana Heart series
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Saif_Al_OmairaSaif_Al_Omaira Joined: Posts: 13
    I don't think this would be viable in a tournament setting, but I want this game to have stage transitions. For example when you're fighting in kami's look-out you could send your opponent all the way to the ground.
    Injustice and DBZ: Hyper Dimensions had it, I think it could work.
    Injustice 2 got stage transitions and SFV does to a lesser effect
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    Stage transitions would help set the sheer scale of fights in DBZ
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Yea I don't think they would be too much of a problem
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,431
    I don't think this would be viable in a tournament setting, but I want this game to have stage transitions. For example when you're fighting in kami's look-out you could send your opponent all the way to the ground.
    Injustice and DBZ: Hyper Dimensions had it, I think it could work.

I don't see any problem with stage transitions being on competitive. As long they don't take much time and don't happen all the damn time they're fine.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    If this game is anywhere near as good as Super DBZ I'm happy.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    Burst Limit had them too, which was the last good 2.5D DBZ fighter
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,416
    They should have something like Xrd, blazblue and UMVC3 thing..

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • Saif_Al_OmairaSaif_Al_Omaira Joined: Posts: 13
    edited June 11
    They should have something like Xrd, blazblue and UMVC3 thing..

What thing?...
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,823
    I wish this game has GG style lobby system but then you realize its coming from Arc System and all that hope turns into relief
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,409
    Maxman wrote: »
    I wish this game has GG style lobby system but then you realize its coming from Arc System and all that hope turns into relief

you mean the relief of its guaranteed to have delay based netcode and kill it cause its asw?

cause thats whats gonna happen :(
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,188
    edited June 11
    d3v wrote: »
    Affinity's reaction reminds me of how the casual fanbase trashed Super DBZ despite being the closest we ever got to a competitive 3D DBZ game.

Uhmm despite it being extremely limited to what DBZ characters are capable of Yu Yu Hakusho 120% was a much better game using the same template. Super DBZ was beautiful yet the roster was laughable. Pros and cons offset each other.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,702
    Always thought hunter x hunter deserved an arcsys fighter
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,823
    Maxman wrote: »

you mean the relief of its guaranteed to have delay based netcode and kill it cause its asw?

cause thats whats gonna happen :(

well delay based netcode is alright as long as it is done right