Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,742
    edited July 16
    Pft.

Super Dash at the prince of all saiyans if you want.

Gonna be eating that Rising Oozaru Knee all fucking day
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 842
    Jocelot wrote: »
    I feel like Piccolo is gonna be hella sweet in this game. Arcsys is gonna take full advantage of his stretchy arms thing and make him like a sexy mix of Raven and Dhalsim. I could see them revealing him on the 21st with 18. Safe choices. Dream choice is still Dabura tho

If 18 isn't revealed with 17 I'll call shenanigans.
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,973
    edited July 16
    Once they started a Super Dash they cannot cancel it until it reaches you. It's a free hit for you.

Are you serious? Damn.

...Huh. You can't even super cancel it?

I SWORE I've seen people cancel switching super dashes. Weird. Get kicked in the chest then I guess. Nice!
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,187
    Volt wrote: »
    Jocelot wrote: »
    I feel like Piccolo is gonna be hella sweet in this game. Arcsys is gonna take full advantage of his stretchy arms thing and make him like a sexy mix of Raven and Dhalsim. I could see them revealing him on the 21st with 18. Safe choices. Dream choice is still Dabura tho

If 18 isn't revealed with 17 I'll call shenanigans.

17? Didn't know he was relevant after the Cell saga. Did they bring him back for Super or something?
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,591
    Yeah, he's participating in the current Tournament of Power arc.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    .Guy. wrote: »
    Once they started a Super Dash they cannot cancel it until it reaches you. It's a free hit for you.

Are you serious? Damn.

...Huh. You can't even super cancel it?

I SWORE I've seen people cancel switching super dashes. Weird. Get kicked in the chest then I guess. Nice!

you quoted the wrong person there somehow....

• .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,973
    edited July 16
    Oh shit I did what
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • jblairjblair so this is it huh? having standards use to be standard Joined: Posts: 1,358
    edited July 16
    Korbidon wrote: »
    I hate the idea of a character I like not being viable on point because of lore. That is stupid and would make me not want to play.

I'm quoting this again because I'm not done with you and the 12 people who liked this post. Would you be happy if all the characters you like were weak because they were poorly designed instead? These characters will be balanced in an entirely different way than we have seen in a fighter before. Gohan is stubby normals, weak zoning compared to frieza/goku/cell, but has an invincible uppercut. Obviously he will be kept out all day if not for the assists backing him up and making him into a viable fighter. If you pick three characters weak on point but with buff assists, they will all become strong on point. Similarly, if you have 3 strong point characters they will have weaker assists backing them up. I think this allows for a far wider variety of team composition than mvc3/2. The only time you will be weak is if the other person kills your 2 strong assist characters and you only have 1 relatively weak point character as an anchor. But this isn't mvc3 where you get xfactor because you deserve advantages for losing. And I don't care if it is hard to comeback in a 3 on 1 situation. You deserve to lose if you are getting ocv'd and your opponent doesn't slip up. I also don't think this will be a "anchor" game like marvel, because of the myriad ways to tag mid combo.

Between not having the game yet and reading the retarded complaints in this thread, idk if I'm gonna make it to release.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    Congratulations, this "never before seen" balance design is called Marvel vs Capcom 2's Balance Design. Which very few have a problem with.

His post SPECIFICALLY had an issue with balanced BASED ON LORE. Two completely different arguments but of course you didn't bother to read the actual specifics so you jumped into a rant.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • jblairjblair so this is it huh? having standards use to be standard Joined: Posts: 1,358
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Congratulations, this "never before seen" balance design is called Marvel vs Capcom 2's Balance Design. Which very few have a problem with.

His post SPECIFICALLY had an issue with balanced BASED ON LORE. Two completely different arguments but of course you didn't bother to read the actual specifics so you jumped into a rant.

no
    Sparking Blast is pretty much an nerfed X-Factor.
    I noticed buffed damage and blue health regeneration, but not speed buffs.

So, yeah, there is a comeback mechanic, but you still gotta work for that comeback.
    Unlike MvC3 where XF lv3 almost guaranteed a ToD for your last char.

You'll definitely want to have a good anchor for when your assists die.

I think Gohan is one of the best assist characters right now because of his assist and anti-air DHC, but a terrible anchor.

Stubby normals and some characters having good zoning tools might be an issue for him without assists. Sure he can get in, but Sparking does set a timer not in your favor.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 795
    After watching a stupid amount over the last few days I've come to a few decisions about this game.
    It looks fun, like a lot of fun, but I don't see the depth of gameplay that I was really hoping to see. I'm hoping some of the other characters that get released will add to it. Movement options seem to be restricted to Homing Dash and 1-bar Teleport (For the most part) and combos seem to follow the same route regardless of the character. Me and a friend were discussing the stream as we were watching and he was saying how open the system looked until I pointed out that Blue combos could've been teched out of. He was under the impression that a lot of moves had extended hitstun or were soft knockdown.
    It just seems like there are some pretty strict rules about what you can do and how you can do it.

These aren't meant to be complaints, I just hope there's more variety in the gameplay to come.
    I'm going to terrorise people with the Glorious Golden Frieza regardless but some variation would be nice.
    Zachara wrote: »
    After watching a stupid amount over the last few days I've come to a few decisions about this game.
    It looks fun, like a lot of fun, but I don't see the depth of gameplay that I was really hoping to see. I'm hoping some of the other characters that get released will add to it. Movement options seem to be restricted to Homing Dash and 1-bar Teleport (For the most part) and combos seem to follow the same route regardless of the character. Me and a friend were discussing the stream as we were watching and he was saying how open the system looked until I pointed out that Blue combos could've been teched out of. He was under the impression that a lot of moves had extended hitstun or were soft knockdown.
    It just seems like there are some pretty strict rules about what you can do and how you can do it.

These aren't meant to be complaints, I just hope there's more variety in the gameplay to come.
    I'm going to terrorise people with the Glorious Golden Frieza regardless but some variation would be nice.

People still haven't labbed yet. Easily noticeable by the unpunished super dashes.

You can dash, double jump and airdash.

People were still too reliant on auto combos too. Even though we had some people experimenting, leading to some blue combos. Most of them were bad delays though.

Considering the lack of characters, I won't say if it has a lot of depth or not, but it doesn't seem that shallow.
  • KlivesKlives Joined: Posts: 85
    edited July 16
    It looks fun, like a lot of fun, but I don't see the depth of gameplay that I was really hoping to see. I'm hoping some of the other characters that get released will add to it. Movement options seem to be restricted to Homing Dash and 1-bar Teleport (For the most part) and combos seem to follow the same route regardless of the character.

That's exactly what's been bothering me since the first gamplay videos. So far the game is suffering a lack of variety gameplaywise. You can pretty much play everyone the same way and you won't feel much difference.

• KlivesKlives Joined: Posts: 85
    edited July 16
    It looks fun, like a lot of fun, but I don't see the depth of gameplay that I was really hoping to see. I'm hoping some of the other characters that get released will add to it. Movement options seem to be restricted to Homing Dash and 1-bar Teleport (For the most part) and combos seem to follow the same route regardless of the character.

That's exactly what's been bothering me since the first gamplay videos. So far the game is suffering a lack of variety gameplaywise. You can pretty much play everyone the same way and you won't feel much difference.

• KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,346
    I think the complaint of everyone being very similar is a fair one. To be fair, this game is still really early in dev, so I'm willing to give them a chance.

The shell is right, let's see where it goes.
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,233
    Really ppl??

This is par for the course.

Vanilla ass ground series to air series combos is what you get when the majority of ppl playing the game have had NO time to lab.

Before ppl actually got real time with Marvel 3 thats all we saw in pre-release footage.

Ppl aren't gonna experiment in a tournament; they're gonna try to win with the basic knowledge that they have.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited July 16
    Take note Mvc2 isn't balance at all and the game(synergy) it was played around that wasn't even intentional to begin with.

I believe with the guys in the dev team of the game, they likely learn much from MVC2 and MVC3.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,338
    if they dont show a vid of trunks today its gonna suck hard.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,131
    edited July 16
    I remember pre release marvel days when matches would end in time outs because everyone was doing magic series combos. Pretty much how it turned out in the end.
    Saitsu wrote: »

Yeah that's absolute nonsense. They should make Goku weak but good assist char.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Klives wrote: »

I'm on this trian too, everybody seems to have the same set of tools, especially for mobility, I really think somebody like freiza needed flight and a 8 way at least

I know the characters shown are ment to be the simplest to get into , but everybody did the exact same things with Evey single character
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,377
    edited July 16

Yooooo lol

7:35 since the timestamp seems bugged.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Joined: Posts: 692
    The characters don't have all the same tools. How many times does somebody have to say this is just a pre-release phenomenon? This is something most of these people have played for like <15 min. Goku is pretty bland I'll give you, instant transmission and amiable kamehameha makes him a decent punisher. Gohans relied almost entirely on super dash to function, saving 5 bars and wiping a character outright with father/son. With a that and a great shoryu assist he seems like a good anchor maybe? Vegeta has a dive kick and a shoryu that almost nobody used along with the current best lockdown assist. Buu has awesome runaway with stretchy normals like jump back H and capture blob along with an unchallengeable level 1. Frieza has tons of zoning potential but his supers hit at strange angles. His assist hits at superjump heights! I have no clue what Cell is doing most of the time.
    Yeah, people seem to be forgetting that this was pretty much day 1. I really wish some demo or beta build gets released on Steam, I'll lab 24/7 if it does.

I'm planning to rewatch the whole thing, but Cell really wasn't as explored as the others. He has a standing low, pretty long buttons, a great assist, a free teleport and arguably the best intro in the game.

Do not sleep on this character.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,742
    Cell seems like a really advanced jack of all trades. Long buttons, good super cancel with energy field, long range command grab THAT ONLY GOT USED ONE FUCKING TIME IN ALL THE EVO MATCHES I SAW.

Cell looking damn good
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • FrozteyFroztey That British Dude Joined: Posts: 8,227
    Cell's slide looks super strong, he has an equally fast overhead right?
    Didn't really care for Fat Boo initially, but this weekend has convinced me otherwise. His Angry Explosion is mad good.
    It's not about the game being fleshed out or not, every character has the same mobility options, a move that takes the across the screen, projectiles.

I'm not saying we won't get a high speed pixie, or a slow and lumbering grappler who can't air dash.
    I won't hop online until I can punish Angry Explosion with every character in my team. People will spam that shit, especially on wakeup. Y'all can quote me on that.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,627
    I won't hop online until I can punish Angry Explosion with every character in my team. People will spam that shit, especially on wakeup. Y'all can quote me on that.

It seems that Block and then punish is the best option from what i saw.
    quicks wrote: »
    It's not about the game being fleshed out or not, every character has the same mobility options, a move that takes the across the screen, projectiles.

I'm not saying we won't get a high speed pixie, or a slow and lumbering grappler who can't air dash.

I am actually fine with everyone having similar movement options, it has worked fine for GG, BB and P4A for example (And plenty of other games from other companies), games where characters may look similar at first glance with their shared universal mechanics, but still have a great variety of both gameplay and toolsets. (If anything i welcome this kind of approach because it gives every character a solid foundation to rely on and lets the devs to go wilder with the exclussive tools for each char.)
    Besides, this doesn't mean that everyone moves the same.
    Just like in GG, BB and P4A we are already seeing differences in the movement options, with some characters having different travelling distances/speeds in their air dashes for example.
    Another thing, like with GG, BB and P4A as examples is safe to assume that they will add characters that branches from the regular movement options, with more airdashes/ more jumps, 8dashes, restricted movement, Morrigan/Ino like dashes etc.

They already stated that this 6 characters are the more straight forward when it comes to their options, which is why they were selected as the 6 first to show the game, with the upcoming ones being the more specialized.
    Complaining at this stage of the game and with the cast revealed would be akin to complaing when mvc3 was revealed and the 1st characters revealed were Ryu, Wolverine, Captain America, Akuma, Chris and Hulk.
    We don't know who the rest of the cast is, we don't even know if the mechanics are final, or if there would be more stuff added or removed before launch.
    Plus as stated above, is day -180, most people playing the game had their first experience with the game maybe just few hours before the tournament, their playstyle is no different from the 1st days of any other game, is much like on the 1st week of mvc3 most of the players where doing stuff like A,B,C launcher, B,B,C, launcher, super, and throw an assist somewhere there to spice things up.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »

I am actually fine with everyone having similar movement options, it has worked fine for GG, BB and P4A for example (And plenty of other games from other companies), games where characters may look similar at first glance with their shared universal mechanics, but still have a great variety of both gameplay and toolsets. (If anything i welcome this kind of approach because it gives every character a solid foundation to rely on and lets the devs to go wilder with the exclussive tools for each char.)
    Just like in GG, BB and P4A we are already seeing differences in the movement options, with some characters having different travelling distances/speeds in their air dashes for example.
    Another thing, like with GG, BB and P4A as examples is safe to assume that they will add characters that branches from the regular movement options, with more airdashes/ more jumps, 8dashes, restricted movement, Morrigan/Ino like dashes etc.

They already stated that this 6 characters are the more straight forward when it comes to their options, which is why they were selected as the 6 first to show the game, with the upcoming ones being the more specialized.
    Complaining at this stage of the game and with the cast revealed would be akin to complaing when mvc3 was revealed and the 1st characters revealed were Ryu, Wolverine, Captain America, Akuma, Chris and Hulk.
    We don't know who the rest of the cast is, we don't even know if the mechanics are final, or if there would be more stuff added or removed before launch.
    Plus as stated above, is day -180, most people playing the game had their first experience with the game maybe just few hours before the tournament, their playstyle is no different from the 1st days of any other game, is much like on the 1st week of mvc3 most of the players where doing stuff like A,B,C launcher, B,B,C, launcher, super, and throw an assist somewhere there to spice things up.

Im just saying what I can see

I don't want the same movement options I hate that
    edited July 16

Well, i am on the contrary side of you.
    Being honest, one thing that i wasn't really fond of from the mvc series is the unnecessary restritions on the movement options on many members of the cast which is what ultimately leads to the unbalanced nature of the games.
    Most characters with poor mobility usually also have poor tools that don't let them compete with the cast that has better mobility options, and usually better tools aswell.
    Just take mvc2 for example, where from the viable cast, only 1 have restricted mobility, which was compensated by his zoning utility, coincidentally the character was the lowest tiered character of the god tiers.

Like i said, it has worked for plenty of other games that have great variey of gameplay, and i am sure it will work here as well.
    A Solid foundation makes it easier for the characters to function on the game and allows the devs to make stronger toolsets for each char.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Well, i am on the contrary side of you.
    Being honest, one thing that i wasn't really fond of from the mvc series is the unnecessary restritions on the movement options on many members of the cast which is what ultimately leads to the unbalanced nature of the games.
    Most characters with poor mobility usually also have poor tools that don't let them compete with the cast that has better mobility options, and usually better tools aswell.
    Just take mvc2 for example, where from the viable cast, only 1 have restricted mobility, which was compensated by his zoning utility, coincidentally the character was the lowest tiered character of the god tiers.

Like i said, it has worked for plenty of other games that have great variey of gameplay, and i am sure it will work here as well.

Mvc2 isn't a good example

Look at marvel 3 hulk won evo, chun won evo, wolverine won evo, Magneto won, morrigan won,doom won

None of these characters have the same mobility options

Just give characters competitive tools and choose assists that cover weeknesse, then everybody can move different
    Nigga, this is a matter of preference that neither you or i would concede.
    I dislike restrictive movement options for the sake of forced variety that only serves to make most of the cast useless.
    You like that.
    I wouldn't change my mind, you wouldn't change your mind.
    We can clutch this thread with an ongoing discussion that will lead no where :rofl:

I give you that mvc3 did a little better job on allowing some characters with poor mobility do better (and this is mostly because the TOD nature of the game and the XFactor anyway), but in the end you still have a good chunk of the cast that is useless since they don't have answers to a lot of stuff in the game simply because they don't have ways around them.

Will the whole cast have the same mobility options on DBFZ?
    We don't know yet.
    But if they do, i wouldn't mind, since i know that this is not detrimental to variety of gameplay styles and tools for the cast.
    After all, this game is trying to be its own thing, not a copy paste of the mvci series with a dbz coat on it.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    How about a solid foundation of every character having access to the basic movement options, and some fighters more specialized in mobility having some more options like a 8 way dash?

Haven't you heard of Bedman?

Y'all acting like we'll have some dumb shit like Arthur or people with no teleports. Chill out.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 16
    Theres no reason to think that the way the characters move is ever going to change. The homing dash thing IS the gimmick of the game with combos. Basically everything involves something to do with it. Its the way to make it DBZish with out actually having flying. Because with just air dashing and double jumps its not. So I think thats just something that probably should be accepted. Theres no reason to think that it will change no matter what character they add because its a actually command across the board as well. Its also how to stop people from just spamming fireballs all over as well. In the videos if people watched as well, even things like vegetas 20 hit fireball spazz assist, you can homing dash through that, so its not a lock down that you cant avoid in that sense.

I still think a potential problem is how are they going to discourage how powerful heavys are? basically steroid vs of GG F+p, that many of them ALSO go over lows, and then flow into the GIMMICK of the game of homing dashing into whatever. And since you can cancel into and out them the are obviously very safe.

It would be nice to if some links etc were put in, as even if these are the most basic of the 6 characters they showed. At least combo wise, most characters moves had similar uses. And by that I think the IDEA of what to do, is the same with everyone. most characters can link after their air special, some easier than others depending on EX, I guess there was videos of gohan doing rapid kick, link attack, rapid kick in the air which is a little different. But again most characters have the same kinda idea it seems. Most the stuff I wrote was probably possible in my original posts I think they showed is, its just a matter of doing it all together in one thing.

It would seem to me a potential basic idea of the game when you are vs a character(one on one at least not including assists is)when one guy is attacking you basically you are getting ready to mash your heavy, it will beat lows, and it beats the homing dash. So the attacker has to guess to either choose between finishing his string with the homing dash, which will lose to mash heavy, or cancel the string with the generic fireball to "reset" the situation and hit the mash heavy. So again it would be nice if there was some more links, back and forth flow between normals to break this idea up into more complicated idea.

again its not intuitive to interrupt with heavys because it just doesnt make common sense. But its been proven multiple times over and over in videos that it is possible just a matter of thinking to do that. I wonder is it possible to attack, cancel to charge, attack.. so like a stutter step cancel kinda thing? if you could do this, this could fix this problem, as long as... assuming the advantage is not so great it allows for every character to have the same infinite like original GG.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,258
    Trunks reveal yes
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,391
    My body is ready ;_;
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    edited July 16
    So HeatDome is a grab attack, nice.
    Edit
    The beta will have 9 characters, nice.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,602
    No Hikari no will power, dropped.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    So HeatDome is a grab attack, nice.

Just like Super DBZ.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Loving what I saw from the trailer. Burning Attack, sword attacks, everything.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,131
    Unghhhhhhhh this game looks so fucking gooooooooooooood.

Footage too short
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 874
    A closed beta? Smells delicious.

Probably for pre-orders only, though. Hmm.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Joined: Posts: 692
    as long as... assuming the advantage is not so great it allows for every character to have the same infinite like original GG.
    It's already been established that you only get one air super dash until you land so this probably doesn't work.
    NoChart wrote: »
    A closed beta? Smells delicious.

Probably for pre-orders only, though. Hmm.

Maybe, although it seems that you need to register on a site to see if you can get access to the beta, so maybe not.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)