Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,977
    Yeah, I think Kid Boo's a lock. Super Boo's one that might not make the cut.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,477
    edited June 29
    I'm cool with super buu and his gotenks and Gohan forms not making the cut.

I'm pretty sure goku black is in as a super character along with beerus
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,013
    https://gfycat.com/FragrantOddballCarp

Double air clash. First multiple clash in the air I've seen.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,478
    I don't think they're adding another version of buu. The fat form is the popular one.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,709
    If anyone was to get a transformation it should be super buu.

Transforms to when he absorbs Gotenks but if you don't transform to when he absorbs Gohan in time then he should revert to when the fusion wore off and it was just Piccolo fuse.
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,612
    edited June 29
    If this game was made before Super I would say either Kid or Super Buu would be a lock but now I'm not as sure. Fat Buu just has way more presence at this point and I don't know how they would differentiate the move sets enough to make their addition worthwhile.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,034
    edited June 29
    Korbidon wrote: »
    I don't think they're adding another version of buu. The fat form is the popular one.
    mowr wrote: »
    If this game was made before Super I would say either Kid or Super Buu would be a lock but now I'm not as sure. Fat Buu just has way more presence at this point and I don't know how they would differentiate the move sets enough to make their addition worthwhile.

You fail at so many levels if you think that the fat will be the only Buu, Kid Budd is extremely iconic, plus has a lot of stuff that can make him very unique.
    The same for any other form of Super Buu.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,709

• SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 118
    >Blazblue
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,771
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Bach lost because of Aizen though...

bro i litrly just finishes reading bleach again the other day

aizen, mr insane reiatsu, still lost an arm and got plowed thru his fkn gut by bach. bach ended aizen easier than dark strider ichigo. also bach SHITTED on everyone for far longer than aizen did, with less powerups

Yeah and aizen still lived through it.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 382
    So where is Trunk gameplay trailer?

I want to see his gameplay already..

Need to calm my thirst
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Feng Second: Josie
  • Kuroi AimaKuroi Aima Joined: Posts: 486
    So where is Trunk gameplay trailer?

I want to see his gameplay already..

Need to calm my thirst

hope for something appearing these days... or japan expo 2017... or evo 2017...

someone feed us please T_T
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,211
    Some of y'all got ridiculous ideas for this game and the characters :rofl:. Glad ArcSys isn't crazy enough to do anything close.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    mowr wrote: »

I don't figure dat, kid buu is very iconic and his presence is still felt in dragon ball super with all the references not to mention goku keeping a eye on his reincarnation uub.

I think kid buu has a equal chance of making the cut like piccolo.

As for the play style that's an easy no brainer. Just like how the sayains play diff.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,029 mod
    edited June 29
    Take into account they've been directly ripping animations from the anime and manga, which btw is absolutely incredible and shows so much love and passion for the game.

So the more screen time a character has, the more chances of seeing them are due to have a lot of source material to work with. I think Mystic Gohan might make an appearance.

From the Z-Fighters you expect Krillin, Tien, Piccolo and Yamcha to be lock-ins.
    SFV - I drop everyone after a week
    Sometimes I upload stuff - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQESJOpYAW3RQ_ag9q9T_g
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 118
    Some of y'all got ridiculous ideas for this game and the characters :rofl:. Glad ArcSys isn't crazy enough to do anything close.

Agreed. There was like only one person to suggest Spopovich. I mean, wtf? No Spopovich no buy.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,685
    Devilman or the game's getting boycotted.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,068
    edited June 29
    Kid buu i very different from Fat buu from a lot of ways it's like Piccolo to Kami but never like Gogeta and Vegito.

Gohan had a different personality in a different timeline parallel so it's okay for two gohans like I would agree with SSJ4 Goku with Goku in game, Rose and Goku or with Vegita Baby with Vegita.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,487
    I may have been told that Piccolo, Kuririn and Super Saiyan Blue Goku will be in the game.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,209
    Does anyone know how switching/tagging works exactly? Based on that button map from E3 it looks like its all tied to the LT button?
  • bardiyabardiya Joined: Posts: 48
    I think if you press it you do an assist and if you hold it you switch.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Peeeeeace! Joined: Posts: 803
    The picture that everyone thought had only one assist/tag button has the left side cut off. It should say Lb/Lt
    Hyper dimension was my shit.
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,516
    edited June 30
    @Hecatom
    remember when we were talking about DBFZ's animation and how arcsys intentionally made the 3D models skip frames of animation to give it a semblance of the anime?
    and how they made the movement snappy in Xrd to mimic the snappy animation of their previous sprite based GG games?

this vid shows it better in how they skipped frames

• SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,570
    BaronO wrote: »

So Bamco is gonna be at AX this year with the game, possibly the Trunks build (according to r/kappa). I'll get some phone footage while at the booth. Anything in particular you all want me to look out for?

Also buy me a few DBSTCG Starter Decks pls.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,516
    edited June 30
    im creeped out yet strangely fascinated by how lifelike it looks
    CnN1ds6.jpgoops i shoulda put it in the dbz thread instead. im high. fuck yall. and eating cereal. not right mindset.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,977
    According to some dude on r/kappa (so not super reliable) the build at anime expo is the Trunks build. He says he works in the industry and while they were setting up their stuff they saw Bandai setting up their stuff and they had cards with Trunks movelist.

So if he is not a troll we should have some gameplay footage (maybe a trailer too?) soon.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • bardiyabardiya Joined: Posts: 48
    Thanks for the info, I need my fix.
  • deadlythedragondeadlythedragon Joined: Posts: 14
    edited June 30

Kid Buu is different from buu and more powerful

Kid Buu and fat buu can be in the same game without them being complete clones

Kid buu i very different from Fat buu from a lot of ways it's like Piccolo to Kami but never like Gogeta and Vegito.

Gohan had a different personality in a different timeline parallel so it's okay for two gohans like I would agree with SSJ4 Goku with Goku in game, Rose and Goku or with Vegita Baby with Vegita.

That's too many of the same character
    Even if personalities are different they're still the same character

Ssj4 goku is still goku

Mystic gohan is still gohan

It doesn't make sense to have 2 different gohans when they have transformation moves
    It can easily just be a skin without wasting space on a copy cat because of personality differences

Kidd buu and buu are more different than teen gohan an mystic gohan
    Whats different from what mystic gohan does than teen gohan?
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,068
    I consider parallel alternative different like bizzaro and superman. As long they different in the whole aspectd of normals and special imokay.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    We already have the best version of Gohan in the game. Don't think we need any other version.

And everyone should know by now that kid buu and fat Buu are different chars.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,570

Kid Buu is different from buu and more powerful

Kid Buu and fat buu can be in the same game without them being complete clones

Mystic gohan is still gohan

It doesn't make sense to have 2 different gohans when they have transformation moves
    It can easily just be a skin without wasting space on a copy cat because of personality differences

...are you fucking stupid? Idk, why can't Mystic Gohan be a skin? Probably the part where he's a fucking adult teenager compared to the 12 year old SSJ2 Gohan! Even if you changed nothing about the moveset, there would still be the obvious damn issue of the hit and hurtboxes considering Adult Gohan has about a foot or two on his younger self.

If there can only be one Gohan, fine, make it the SSJ2 Gohan, I think it's the only one people actually love anyway because it's the only one that's done any work, but you sure as hell can't make a Mystic Gohan skin for him. Mystic is either in the game, or he isn't, he can't be an alt.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kid buu vs fat buu is a different character.. but... ss2 gohan... is... not different than adult mystic/ultimate gohan....

This is nerd nonsense at its finest as usual. Its dbz, almost all characters are similar besides having a few unique laser beams, and few unique moves. Fat buu and kid buu both are rubbery.... Kid buu is a little more monkeyish besides being obviously smaller and I guess he kicks through the ground to do some weird long range attacks that fat buu doesnt. Both blow shit up and go crazy randomly. Both are technically the same person... 2 versions of buu...

SS2 teen gohan, is a kid, strangely like kid buu vs fat buu, one of them has a drastically different size, looks different, and fights slightly different with a few diff signature attack, but are still fundamentally a dbz character. And strangely even memory serves me right, much like fat buu and kid buu are the same person... so are teh 2 different gohans.. who would have thought?

But of course kid buu vs fat buu is drastically different, where as teen ss2 gohan is completely the same as ultimate/mystic gohan.

Why not just admit you think one character is cool and dont like the other instead of making up silly excuses? Like its ok, not everyone likes the same thing, but you dont have to make up some fantasy that doesnt exist.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,685
    I want Ultimate Gohan because he has better shit talk.