Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dizzynecro wrote: »
    as long as... assuming the advantage is not so great it allows for every character to have the same infinite like original GG.
    It's already been established that you only get one air super dash until you land so this probably doesn't work.

you read wrong what I said.. In the original GG, every character has a charge special, so you can hit hit, charge, run in hit hit charge, over and over as a infinite. So I was saying maybe a way to make strings more interesting is if you can cancel into the charge in this game. But I dont know if you can. Im talking about the generic dbz charge up your super command. Was it said if you can cancel normals to charge or not? That way you could get some variety with strings to discourage with what is now a simple meta if you will.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,259
    edited July 16
    Trunks looks dope I wonder who will be revealed in the next few days. Hopefully I can get in the beta.

Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 444
    Trunks was everything I expected and more. Good job ASW.

Still not feeling the hype as much because of no Closed Beta on PC, but oh well.
    Rip sig.
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,281
    no closed beta on PC is bullshit but I guess they don't want datamining

what y'all expecting for roster size? I'm guessing 18 based on the character select screen. as long as I get vegeta, piccolo, krillin & 18, im happy
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 929
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    Trunks looks dope I wonder who will be revealed in the next few days. Hopefully I can get in the beta.

My money's on Piccolo and maybe Tien or Krillin. A demo this early seems like a good opportunity to get all the obvious reveals out ot the way.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • FlugaFluga ???WHAT GOES HERE??? Joined: Posts: 351
    Trunks looks sick as fuck.

I'm hoping for Piccolo and one other villain as the next set of reveals.
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 881
    Can we appreciate the fact that the soundtrack looks dope? That trailer was hype.

Anyway, sword normals seem a bit short, which is a bit understandable, but long enough for good footsies.

Heat Dome being a grab was simply the correct way of not making things as derpy as Xenoverse.

Closed beta for consoles only is a huge letdown for me, hopefully we'll get some tech out of it though.

I'm still betting on Piccolo and Krillin for the next reveals, especially this week's DBS episode.

Apparently that Cool People's Slash (Cause cool people don't look at explosions) isn't a Super. Didn't saw that coming.

... I want that song.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Joined: Posts: 696
    as long as... assuming the advantage is not so great it allows for every character to have the same infinite like original GG.
    It's already been established that you only get one air super dash until you land so this probably doesn't work.

you read wrong what I said.. In the original GG, every character has a charge special, so you can hit hit, charge, run in hit hit charge, over and over as a infinite. So I was saying maybe a way to make strings more interesting is if you can cancel into the charge in this game. But I dont know if you can. Im talking about the generic dbz charge up your super command. Was it said if you can cancel normals to charge or not? That way you could get some variety with strings to discourage with what is now a simple meta if you will.

Ah I think I understand now. I doubt you can cancel into ki charge considering how fast it can be dropped back to neutral, the game would become a mess of empty cancel safe bullshit and infinites. They know better these days lol.
    Ki charge doesn't seem to recover fast or be cancellable.

If I recall, you gotta at least charge 1/4 of a bar
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,952
    Capcom just murked themselves with that reveal, it's literally the worst reveal of the night. Jedah was sick but the way they revealed him was meh, they kept trying to shove chun li down our throats. Tekken and dbzf killed
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 875
    One of the things the Budokai series got right was knowing that all the cool screen-filling mega attacks in the world mean exactly jack shit in a fighting game if you can't combo into them. That shit made me rage in Xenoverse 2. You only get to land them reliably after a stamina break, or just stick to x20 Kamehameha.

DBFZ understanding that concept makes me very happy.

That said, Heat Dome as a command grab makes sense.

Steam ID: NoChart
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,637
    NoChart wrote: »
    One of the things the Budokai series got right was knowing that all the cool screen-filling mega attacks in the world mean exactly jack shit in a fighting game if you can't combo into them. That shit made me rage in Xenoverse 2. You only get to land them reliably after a stamina break, or just stick to x20 Kamehameha.

You can actually combo most of the ultimates with the right setup.
    Another ting is that XV is not exactly a 1vs1 game outside ranked.
    So some ultimates actually require teamwork to land them wich imo makes sense in the context of that game.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    NoChart wrote: »

You can actually combo most of the ultimates with the right setup.
    Another ting is that XV is not exactly a 1vs1 game outside ranked.
    So some ultimates actually require teamwork to land them wich imo makes sense in the context of that game.

Comboing into Ultimates is cool until their stamina gets above 2 bars and you get punished on hit.

Stamina break is the only way to be sure. It gets kinda boring after a while tbh.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,176
    Trunks is in there!!!

First team: Super Saiyan Trinity Vegeta, Goku and Trunks.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,378

The charge is insanely long even just by tapping it. As of the E3 build, it only exists because it's a cool thing in DB.

You already have vanishing for canceling whatever you need and all L/M ground normals can be jump canceled. You can also chain a ground normal into a single Ki blast then back into a different button.

Don't worry too much about string variety. We are on day -180, of course it's gonna look samey.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • Kuroi AimaKuroi Aima Joined: Posts: 480
    oh you can't jump cancel the H? just L/M?
  • Nefarious_RaccoonNefarious_Raccoon Joined: Posts: 50
    Can we expect a gameplay trailer in the coming days? There wasn't a whole lot to see in that reveal except for his specials.
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,339
    9 playable characters by end of month.
    arcsys>capcom

still waiting on capcom to reveal their "monthly" SFV season 2 character.
    evo over.
    still....waiting....
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,637
    Abigail so ulgy that it traumatized Stocky Jam into forgetting him.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,349
    How do I get into beta?
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,607
    Details haven't been revealed yet. They'll likely let us know this week.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,339
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Abigail so ulgy that it traumatized Stocky Jam into forgetting him.

actually i didnt realize till just now capcom revealed him. i got so accustomed to being let down by capcom i assumed they would do it again.
    though i do agree he is fugly af.

9CcmYUz.jpg
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,078
    Trunks looks great and all, but I need to dive in he's doing the same things as eveybody else during first look

Sigh
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,133
    DBFZ only has one function
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,743
    Ugh.

Trunks making his saiyan ancestors proud.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,932
    quicks wrote: »
    Trunks looks great and all, but I need to dive in he's doing the same things as eveybody else during first look

Sigh

To be honest yeah :/
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • EDwinEDwin Joined: Posts: 224
    To be fair most characters in DB punch, kick, and throw fire balls. Kinda hard to be unique with every being same-y
    "SHAKE IT, BAKE IT, BOOTY QUAKE IT, ROOOOLLLLLL IT AROUND"
    Like I said...the truly unique chars in the universe havent dropped. Let's see what Piccolo and kid buu can do. In the past they were always the most unique.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,977
    There are a lot of unique differences between the chars we have right now, but most of them are within gameplay or char mechanics that don't easily look so unique. It'll feel that way until we see more unorthodox characters, and even then it'll still seem similar.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    edited July 17
    Piccolo was pretty damn unique in every Budokai game after Budokai 2.

He was also pretty much always top 5 because of stretch limbs and other stuff.

Anyways seeing Trunks slide in the trailer that he has had in the Butoden games, reminded me that they are using past games for inspiration. Seeing as how Piccolos stretch limbs are in the anime/manga as well as the games, it's basically a lock. He also has dive kicks in Hyper Dimension/Butoden series and he had rapid kicks in Extreme Butoden so I will assume we will see that as well. It would be cool if he had his mental blasts from his antenna that he has in Butoden 2 and Hyper Dimension. Lead to stun combos. Do not think he ever did it in the manga tho so I'm not too confident. The last game that Arc Sys helped make with a DBZ license was Extreme Butoden so if they work off that then this may be a solid guideline as to what we can expect.

Skip to 4:40 for Piccolo stuff

I will be so mad if he does not at least have stretch limbs

Mouth Beam would be sick. Eye lasers seem like a lock since he has done it in Dragon Ball, DBZ, games and movies.
    EmblemLord wrote: »
    Piccolo was pretty damn unique in every Budokai game after Budokai 2.

He was also pretty much always top 5 because of stretch limbs and other stuff.

Anyways seeing Trunks slide in the trailer that he has had in the Butoden games, reminded me that they are using past games for inspiration. Seeing as how Piccolos stretch limbs are in the anime/manga as well as the games, it's basically a lock. He also has dive kicks in Hyper Dimension/Butoden series and he had rapid kicks in Extreme Butoden so I will assume we will see that as well. It would be cool if he had his mental blasts from his antenna that he has in Butoden 2 and Hyper Dimension. Lead to stun combos. Do not think he ever did it in the manga tho so I'm not too confident. The last game that Arc Sys helped make with a DBZ license was Extreme Butoden so if they work off that then this may be a solid guideline as to what we can expect.

Skip to 4:40 for Piccolo stuff

I will be so mad if he does not at least have stretch limbs

Mouth Beam would be sick. Eye lasers seem like a lock since he has done it in Dragon Ball, DBZ, games and movies.

Piccolo had a Tiger Knee. Sick.

Stretchy Arms will be an awesome assist.

Trunks looks hype, I'm already having problems deciding on my team.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,831 mod
    Anybody wanna write up a new OP with updated info? If one of you guys could put something nice together I'll edit the OP with the new info. @ whenever any of you guys have it done. Much appreciated.

They hype is too much.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,040
    That freiza slash that trunks did in the trailer looked to have a decent amount of start up. Wonder if it's unblockable and suppose to be this games version of a command grab. It would be cool if he is suppose to fit the mobile "grappler" archetype
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,932
    EmblemLord wrote: »
    Like I said...the truly unique chars in the universe havent dropped. Let's see what Piccolo and kid buu can do. In the past they were always the most unique.

Yes it's true that he is a Saiyan too so that might be the reason.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    I just want this game to drop so the sick combo vids with old school themes can come out.

• MessatsMessats Joined: Posts: 255
    otori wrote: »
    DBFZ only has one function

The Saiyan function.
    SFV: Vega
    GG Xrd: Venom
    Tekken 7: Kazuya
    That freiza slash that trunks did in the trailer looked to have a decent amount of start up. Wonder if it's unblockable and suppose to be this games version of a command grab. It would be cool if he is suppose to fit the mobile "grappler" archetype

The one he used to kill Frieza in the anime, right?

It had a thin slash trail, if it has a hitbox, then it's a great anti-air. After that he jumped and went ham on Frieza (Again).
    It was the only slashing move with that effect, so it's possible.

Seems like it will have guard point on high hits and it will be an overhead. He'll probably be able to combo into it.

Watched the whole trailer at 0.25 speed.

Cool People's Slash seems like one of Valentine's specials, can't remember the name though. That was probably the EX version, linked after Standing M. Looks very good for combos.

Beams look good. Especially the air version, but I can understand why people would call it generic. Hope neither are assists, Vegeta and Cell have better assist versions than the air one and Goku's is more distracting than the ground version.
    Trunks' seems to be faster though.

His short-ranged Masenko looks pretty interesting. Isn't exactly the fastest thing, but reaches half-screen and also combos from standing M.

Slide's gonna mess people badly. The launcher afterwards does look amazing. The whole combo off slide shown in the trailer looks like a good punish, especially if you need to DHC out.

Burning Attack's explosion covers the whole screen, DHC mixups on block? Can we go Shin Ibuki?

• Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,281
    I hope they give Piccolo a green aura. a whole lotta gold flyin all over the place, gimme a little variety in the palette.

yeah that burning attack explosion fx is giant; like even Vegeta's doing his assist/continuous air ki blast, that shit really obscures visibility by a ton. I think the game will be pretty bonkers at high level play in terms of mixups, but I still can't say for sure if the mash flow of combo parts in this game will feel redundant between characters or not. I was already getting tired of seeing the air combo>vanish>dragon rush>etc structure in that highlight video.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    I hope they give Piccolo a green aura. a whole lotta gold flyin all over the place, gimme a little variety in the palette.

yeah that burning attack explosion fx is giant; like even Vegeta's doing his assist/continuous air ki blast, that shit really obscures visibility by a ton. I think the game will be pretty bonkers at high level play in terms of mixups, but I still can't say for sure if the mash flow of combo parts in this game will feel redundant between characters or not. I was already getting tired of seeing the air combo>vanish>dragon rush>etc structure in that highlight video.

I hope the Beta has a good training mode. Sick of people letting characters Super Dash right to their faces all the time.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,160
    Did anyone else notice the clashing thing @4:59? The camera zooms in and extra sparks start flying, looks dope as hell!
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,607
    I have a feeling the closed beta might only be used to test online.

Being able to lab it up would be perfect, though.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Joined: Posts: 696
    Blockstring>Call assist> vanish is going to be so dumb.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,040
    If you cancel a block string into vanish it'll probably be a true block string so it won't be a mixup. You'll have to leave a gap to make it a mixup and vanish probably scales combos pretty heavily.