Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,131
    edited June 11
    No game should use delay based netcode this day and age.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    I think a lot of Arcsys decisions kinda come from the lack of money.

I do hope they improve a few things, like use GGPO for the netcode, with Bandai Namco money.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    Only indie games use GGPO. The best you'll get is an in house netcode or in a rare case like KI or Injustice 2, the Cannon Brothers come in and infuse some GGPO knowledge (but still not GGPO)

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,206
    Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle (Arcade) used GGPO. It was the first 3D game to ever use it.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans I'mma make u buy me lunch later! Joined: Posts: 737
    Froztey wrote: »
    Burst Limit had them too, which was the last good 2.5D DBZ fighter

Straight up totally forgot about Burst Limit. Maybe I was just tired of Dragon Ball at the time...
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,823
    Valoon wrote: »

I do hope they improve a few things, like use GGPO for the netcode, with Bandai Namco money.

or maybe its just them being japanese developers
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 136
    I hope King Piccolo is in.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,665
    ToreyBeans wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Burst Limit had them too, which was the last good 2.5D DBZ fighter

Straight up totally forgot about Burst Limit. Maybe I was just tired of Dragon Ball at the time...

I feel like everybody else did too, which is a shame because IMO it's easily one if the best dbz games out there. A shame we never got a sequel because Atari RIP
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I remember watching dbz upto all the way to first fight with frieza and getting turned off because how dragging the show was

Imma try and watch some Kai to see how much they have redone the pacing
    Maxman wrote: »
    Valoon wrote: »

or maybe its just them being japanese developers

It is true that japanese devs are weird but I do have some trust in ArcSys.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    now that they using Xrd style for DBZ, I do wonder if they will try to fluid animations as much as possible for characters or will go for skipping frames to give it sprite feel look

I believe they chose to skip frames for GG Xrd because they wanted to stay true to the sprite based feel of the previous games
    Whats up with Goku and Frieza engaging in a clash ,

Injustice 2 style clashes confirmed ? lel
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,363
    edited June 11
    Neclord wrote: »
    I don't know anything about Dragon Ball but are there any waifus in this game?

The anime just introduced 2 new waifus, but who knows if they will make it to the roster.
    For starters we don't know if it will cover up to DBS, and if it does, given that the current arc is still going and the new chars on it have not shown anything yet, is very likely that they wouldn't make the cut.

In the mean time.
    Have some pics
    iaw45mD.jpg
    mVEpsDe.jpg
    cxQT8mT.jpg
    KDcolV3.jpg

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Not having Kale interact with Broli in this game would be a travesty.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
    now that they using Xrd style for DBZ, I do wonder if they will try to fluid animations as much as possible for characters or will go for skipping frames to give it sprite feel look

I believe they chose to skip frames for GG Xrd because they wanted to stay true to the sprite based feel of the previous games

Hopefully it's just like Xrd, traditional 2D animation techniques in 3D. Would make the source material more justice than tweened 3D animation.
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,756

skipping frames is the way to be
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173
    Hecatom wrote: »

The anime just introduced 2 new waifus, but who knows if they will make it to the roster.
    For starters we don't know if it will cover up to DBS, and if it does, given that the current arc is still going and the new chars on it have not shown anything yet, is very likely that they wouldn't make the cut.

In the mean time.
    Have some pics

...[/spoiler]

The last one is cute.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<
    Neclord wrote: »
    I don't know anything about Dragon Ball but are there any waifus in this game?

In the mean time.
    Have some pics
    iaw45mD.jpg

oh yes daddy like
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    edited June 11
    Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle (Arcade) used GGPO. It was the first 3D game to ever use it.

I guess that was the only exception for a AAA commercial title. That was released 6 years ago and nothing AAA since has legitimately used GGPO. Injustice 2 and KI show that you don't have to use GGPO as long as you use something inspired by it that functions well.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod

I guess that was the only exception for a AAA commercial title. That was released 6 years ago and nothing AAA since has legitimately used GGPO. Injustice 2 and KI show that you don't have to use GGPO as long as you use something inspired by it that functions well.

KI consulted with the Cannons and MKX used GGPO and then I'm assuming went on to using the same principles for Inj2.

I don't remember Ponder ever saying that GGPO was revolutionary, it was just a netcode not done retarded. I guess they sell if people don't want to go through the trouble of coding things from the ground up and just consult and help them put it together themselves if they have the money to spare.

They did mention that it is a lot better if you work with the intention of using rollback rather than going back and trying to force it. If we get that GGPO splash screen on this though.

QONVIyz.gif
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    Imma tweet Arc Sys to include Rollback for DBZ
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,610
    ASW will not use GGPO or any type of rollback. The current online in GG is "good enough" so they don't see the need to change something that works.
    Japanese companies are notriously stubborn for being stuck in the past.

I love to be proven wrong though.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    edited June 11
    It's also being published by a company who has little to no track record with releasing games, FGs inparticular with rollback.

Probably won't happen, probably using Xrd's engine as a skeleton with most of the shell intact.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 436
    edited June 11
    The plus side is, since apparently ArcSys is the only fighting game dev that knows that response time matters, at least even if is delay based code like XRD, its inherent input delay is still guaranteed to be less than all other fighters out there right now.

I personally find humor in the fact that I can play someone with 4 delay + inherent delay on PC and can still say "still more responsive than SFV, KoF, and Tekken even while offline."

Still, I advocate strongly for GGPO always. I am part of the old GGPO crowd, I have to shill that shit. Only thing Rising Thunder got right was using GGPO. My experience with that game was completely smooth.
    rollback is annoying as shit when you think you killed a character and BOOP HES ALIVE AGAIN LOL
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,206
    I remember when I hit a dude like 6 times in 3rd Strike Online (it kept saying KO) and he still was fighting back. Then I got hit with a low forward into super and lost.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Red Rock CandyRed Rock Candy Totally Outrageous Joined: Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just hope senzu beans aren't a thing. I don't want to chase down some asshole zoner only for him to refill his health.
    24/7 Ke$ha.
    If you are getting such heavy rollbacks then you should play someone else. At that point with delay based netcode input delay would still make it unplayable anyways. A good rollback netcode will always always be better than the best delay based netcode, and you can play at higher ms before it starts getting unplayable.
    I remember when I hit a dude like 6 times in 3rd Strike Online (it kept saying KO) and he still was fighting back. Then I got hit with a low forward into super and lost.

Got to hit those zombies in the head.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    Regardless of netcode if you play a fighting game on WiFi you a bitch.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,909
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    Regardless of netcode if you play a fighting game on WiFi you a bitch.

That I am. Which is why I'm glad NRS adapted that new system. When people quit out on me I'm actually happy as it means people are finally learning to play against only quality connections.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited June 11
    Naeras wrote: »
    Current Capcom making a Mahvel-title, vs ArcSys with actual money behind them making a Mahvel-title.

Yeah this is a 1-9 matchup.

Good riddance to bad trash.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 436

Yeah, 3SO did not implement GGPO as well as it's PC counter-part, or any game thereafter either. A good rollback netcode shouldn't have those issues.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 500
    That trailer was hype, glad to know they'll have some stuff from Super.
    Rip sig.
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 777
    Golden Freeza confirmed! Looks like it's a transformation.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,610
    edited June 11
    Trailer looked great.

It looks a bit "sharper" than GG and i saw less facial animations, still a while before it's released though.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 777

Just 2?

Does Vados not count as a Waifu?

M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!