Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

1606163656676

Comments

  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,405
    C-Sword wrote: »
    Will Android 18 look like that in the game?
    $_57.JPG

    $_57.JPG

    pls yes
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,449
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    Interview by Kayane during evo.
    nothing super new

    Stylish mode like control scheme is here to stay
    Original OST could be considered with enough fan demand.
    No switch version wants to focus on xenoverse
    more than 4 alt colors will be revealed later

    Who do we have to kill to get this in the game?
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,965
    Volt wrote: »
    The glasses dude in the thumbnail just couldn't contain his enthusiasm to do the kamehameha.

    Dude on the left is one of the main reason behind XRD an DBFZ looks so I give him a pass on this one. Dude is awesome.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,460
    edited August 10
    Hope 17 has his RR out fit instead of his super fit.
    xiceman191 wrote: »

    Interview by Kayane during evo.
    nothing super new

    Stylish mode like control scheme is here to stay
    Original OST could be considered with enough fan demand.
    No switch version wants to focus on xenoverse
    more than 4 alt colors will be revealed later

    If it's the original Jap OST I'm fucking down.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro This isn't even my final form! Joined: Posts: 731
    They said the game should "please fans of every Dragonball generation"

    Wonder in that means we'd be getting Kid Goku? It would definitely be cool to see with with power pole/nimbus utilizing more of his wild child sort of fighting style. I never really liked what eng dub did to generify adult Goku in to copy paste good guy.
  • dhochoydhochoy D. HoChoy Joined: Posts: 62
    dizzynecro wrote: »
    They said the game should "please fans of every Dragonball generation"

    Wonder in that means we'd be getting Kid Goku? It would definitely be cool to see with with power pole/nimbus utilizing more of his wild child sort of fighting style. I never really liked what eng dub did to generify adult Goku in to copy paste good guy.

    I don't think we'd be getting Kid Goku because if we did, we'd have to deal with his tiny hitboxes.

    I'm still holding out for the Master Roshi and Chi-Chi pairing... maybe King Piccolo for the ride.
  • SnubnozeSnubnoze Joined: Posts: 16
    There better be some original DB characters. Master Roshi is a must, but I'm gonna throw out Tao Pai Pai as necessary.

    a65c62d5df0408129fdeb5df8ba07e1777977857_hq.jpg
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,147
    I really really want Roshi, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him not make it. Yea been getting shine in Super tho so there's a bit of a chance at least.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,405
    I really really want Roshi, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him not make it. Yea been getting shine in Super tho so there's a bit of a chance at least.

    It's a relatively safe bet that every U7 in the ToP will get in.

    Definitely safe if you say that every U7 in the ToP will get in at least as DLC.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,147
    edited August 10
    I try to never make assumptions. Soon as I say "It's safe to say blah blah" things go the exact opposite.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,159
    I try to never make assumptions. Soon as I say "It's safe to say blah blah" things go the exact opposite.

    Then can you say "it's safe to say the Dallas Cowboys will be good"? It'd be a big help.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,147
    edited August 11
    "It's safe to say the Dallas Cowboys will be good."

    I don't give a shit about sports so no guarantee this will work.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • dhochoydhochoy D. HoChoy Joined: Posts: 62
    Hey dudes... what would you think if FighterZ had this kind of roster?

    Base roster
    Goku (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
    Gohan (Super Saiyan 2)
    Gohan (Ultimate)
    Vegeta (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
    Piccolo
    Krillin
    Trunks (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Rage)
    Yamcha
    Tien
    Master Roshi
    Chi-Chi
    Hercule
    Videl
    Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3)
    Frieza (True Form, Golden Form)
    #16
    #17
    #18
    Cell (Perfect Form)
    Majin Buu
    Super Buu (Base, ~Gotenks~ Absorbed, ~Gohan~ Absorbed)
    Kid Buu
    Beerus
    Hit
    Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rose)
    Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
    Janemba (Final Form)



    DLC
    Caulifla (Super Saiyan 2)
    Kale (Super Saiyan, Lesbian Super Saiyan)
    Jiren
    Bardock
    Omega Shenron

    >Originally I didn't consider Ultimate Gohan but he proved to be simply too popular. Making him different from SSJ2 Pre-Teen Gohan is also plausible with him being more defense and spacing based.
    >I would add Vegito but I'd rather him be a tag team install for Goku and Vegeta (you can count him as a separate character if you want). Gotenks is on the roster because it's the only way to justify the kids being on the roster.
    >Have Jiren, Omega Shenron, Bardock, etc. as DLC to keep the base roster at a reasonable size and ArcSystem would make a killing that way. It also gives them time to balance and diversify their movesets especially Caulifla, Kale, and Jiren.
    >Roshi, Hercule, Videl, or Chi-Chi are the oddballs here.
    >Master Roshi is an OG
    >Hercule is the token joke character (ala Dan Hibiki)
    >Videl fills the pure melee-based character niche with only one ki-based attack (super move) for pressure and female representation.
    >Chi-Chi is "weak" but fast and agile (ala Chun-Li and Ling Xiaoyu) with good zoning thanks to the Bansho Fan (which ties into her Princess Iron Fan influence) and Power Slugger (based on the boomerang blade she used as a kid only made with pure energy). Also, more female and OG Dragon Ball representation.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,797
    Excuse me for not knowing, but who the heck are Hit and Kale?
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 11


    dhochoy wrote: »
    Hey dudes... what would you think if FighterZ had this kind of roster?

    Base roster
    Goku (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
    Gohan (Super Saiyan 2)
    Gohan (Ultimate)
    Vegeta (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
    Piccolo
    Krillin
    Trunks (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Rage)
    Yamcha
    Tien
    Master Roshi
    Chi-Chi
    Hercule
    Videl
    Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3)
    Frieza (True Form, Golden Form)
    #16
    #17
    #18
    Cell (Perfect Form)
    Majin Buu
    Super Buu (Base, ~Gotenks~ Absorbed, ~Gohan~ Absorbed)
    Kid Buu
    Beerus
    Hit
    Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rose)
    Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
    Janemba (Final Form)



    DLC
    Caulifla (Super Saiyan 2)
    Kale (Super Saiyan, Lesbian Super Saiyan)
    Jiren
    Bardock
    Omega Shenron

    >Originally I didn't consider Ultimate Gohan but he proved to be simply too popular. Making him different from SSJ2 Pre-Teen Gohan is also plausible with him being more defense and spacing based.
    >I would add Vegito but I'd rather him be a tag team install for Goku and Vegeta (you can count him as a separate character if you want). Gotenks is on the roster because it's the only way to justify the kids being on the roster.
    >Have Jiren, Omega Shenron, Bardock, etc. as DLC to keep the base roster at a reasonable size and ArcSystem would make a killing that way. It also gives them time to balance and diversify their movesets especially Caulifla, Kale, and Jiren.
    >Roshi, Hercule, Videl, or Chi-Chi are the oddballs here.
    >Master Roshi is an OG
    >Hercule is the token joke character (ala Dan Hibiki)
    >Videl fills the pure melee-based character niche with only one ki-based attack (super move) for pressure and female representation.
    >Chi-Chi is "weak" but fast and agile (ala Chun-Li and Ling Xiaoyu) with good zoning thanks to the Bansho Fan (which ties into her Princess Iron Fan influence) and Power Slugger (based on the boomerang blade she used as a kid only made with pure energy). Also, more female and OG Dragon Ball representation.


    So you want the base roster, to be a mix of 6 buus, and jobbers taking up a 3rd of the cast.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,049
    dhochoy wrote: »
    Hey dudes... what would you think if FighterZ had this kind of roster?

    Base roster
    Goku (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
    Gohan (Super Saiyan 2)
    Gohan (Ultimate)
    Vegeta (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
    Piccolo
    Krillin
    Trunks (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Rage)
    Yamcha
    Tien
    Master Roshi
    Chi-Chi
    Hercule
    Videl
    Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3)
    Frieza (True Form, Golden Form)
    #16
    #17
    #18
    Cell (Perfect Form)
    Majin Buu
    Super Buu (Base, ~Gotenks~ Absorbed, ~Gohan~ Absorbed)
    Kid Buu
    Beerus
    Hit
    Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rose)
    Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
    Janemba (Final Form)


    DLC
    Caulifla (Super Saiyan 2)
    Kale (Super Saiyan, Lesbian Super Saiyan)
    Jiren
    Bardock
    Omega Shenron

    That's better
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

    Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,797
    Volt wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Excuse me for not knowing, but who the heck are Hit and Kale?

    DB Super characters.

    They're actually pretty cool, Super's doing a great job character-wise. You should watch it.

    Everybody keeps telling me how good it is, but I'm worried I'm like so far behind it'd take forever. Hm...maybe after I watch the other 3 Castlevania episodes after I started on that today since it's only 4.
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,405
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Excuse me for not knowing, but who the heck are Hit and Kale?

    DB Super characters.

    They're actually pretty cool, Super's doing a great job character-wise. You should watch it.

    Everybody keeps telling me how good it is, but I'm worried I'm like so far behind it'd take forever. Hm...maybe after I watch the other 3 Castlevania episodes after I started on that today since it's only 4.

    It's better that way. The struggle of having to wait the whole week for an episode is real.

    And you can skip some of the absolutely pointless filler, like Arale's Episode, which was as non-canon as it gets.
    Some of it is good though, because it has great character development despite not moving the plot forward.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • Nefarious_RaccoonNefarious_Raccoon Joined: Posts: 56
    edited August 12
    God Hyper Dragon Ball Z is so much fun to play.

  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 102
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Excuse me for not knowing, but who the heck are Hit and Kale?

    DB Super characters.

    They're actually pretty cool, Super's doing a great job character-wise. You should watch it.

    Everybody keeps telling me how good it is, but I'm worried I'm like so far behind it'd take forever. Hm...maybe after I watch the other 3 Castlevania episodes after I started on that today since it's only 4.

    Don't bother, it's trash.
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,405
    HiyaMaya wrote: »
    Dont expect them to be in the base game, but i really want trio de dangers as a dlc pack or something. Unique 3-man level 5 and shit.

    Basil seems to be the most interesting for a fighting game

    As long as Lavender doesn't play like FANG or is in the same tier...
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • dhochoydhochoy D. HoChoy Joined: Posts: 62
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    The official site was updated with character info
    Piccolo.png
    Krillin.png
    MajinBuu.png
    Cell.png
    Freeza.png
    Gohan.png
    Trunks.png
    Vegeta.png
    SonGoku.png

    So if Hercule makes it he'll be B or C in just about everything except possibly Super?
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,405
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    The official site was updated with character info
    Piccolo.png
    Krillin.png
    MajinBuu.png
    Cell.png
    Freeza.png
    Gohan.png
    Trunks.png
    Vegeta.png
    SonGoku.png

    lol at Krillin's reach being S with stubby limbs and Technique being C with his Senzu assist, Afterimages and Kamehameha on the text.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,326
    I think they mistranslated it and got reach and technique backwards.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • dhochoydhochoy D. HoChoy Joined: Posts: 62
    Krillin is pretty damn agile so he'd probably move around a lot while attacking.
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,405
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    I think they mistranslated it and got reach and technique backwards.

    According to that magazine scan, they really did. Still funny though.

    And it's not like he has problems with that because of his Kamehameha and maybe team assists.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • dhochoydhochoy D. HoChoy Joined: Posts: 62
    edited August 12
    I actually did something similar to these scans with some characters... not necessarily ones that will be in the game or not:

    Ultimate Gohan

    "Adapts a style closer to his old man's but more powerful (slower) attacks..."
    "Keep on bringing the pressure with the Kiai Cannon"
    "Devastate the opponent with the counter ultimate 'Burst Rush'"

    Power: SS Speed: B Reach: A Technique: A Energy: S

    Ease of Use: S

    Yamcha

    "Keeps the opponent guessing with his wild fighting style..."
    "Change things up with special combo variation..."
    "Pressure the opponent with the awesome, ultimate Spirit Ball Attack..."

    Power: A Speed: B Reach: A Technique: S Energy: B

    Ease of Use: S

    Tien

    "A fast character who can jump off walls and do rapid fire punches..."
    "Utilize many highly effective moves with equally high risk factor such as the 'Tri-Beam' and 'Multi-Form Technique'"


    Power: A Speed: S Reach: B Technique: A Energy: SS

    Ease of Use: SS

    Master Roshi

    "Goku, Krillin, and Yamcha's master...
    "An OG with not much speed but still rather powerful and has many unique techniques"
    "Prepare opponents for a shocking surprise..."

    Power: B Speed: C Reach: A Technique: SS Energy: S

    Ease of Use: A

    Chi-Chi


    "A character with amazing speed and reach (wall jump and triple jumps in all) but not-too-amazing power..."
    "Control the distance with small tornadoes using the mystical Bansho Fan"
    "Toss the powerful Power Slugger like a bladed boomerang..."

    Power: B Speed: S Reach: S Technique: A Energy: B

    Ease of Use: A

    Hercule

    "The funny character who also happens to be the world's champion"
    "Get out of harm's way and give out harm with the 'Hercule Rolling Attack'"
    "Fool opponents with the exploding 'Game Poy'"

    Power: C Speed: A Reach: A Technique: S Energy: B

    Ease of Use: B

    Videl

    "The exclusively close-quarters focused character and daughter of the world's champ..."
    "Master the art of ducking and swaying to dominate opponents.."
    "Lay the pressure hard close-up with the 'Determined Blast'"

    Power: B Speed: S Reach: A Technique: SS Energy: C

    Ease of Use: S
    Post edited by dhochoy on
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    part of me respects your nerd game, and I understand getting excited about a game but dude..they said the roster is going to be smaller, and there is only 24 slots on the character select screen period. I dunno what series you are watching, but again... you want 6 buus and a bunch of jobbers to take up almost half the cast with what you are thinking. Think about that for a second. Some of the characters are you mentioning dont even have the ability to use the mechanics/or buttons in the game as is period.
  • dhochoydhochoy D. HoChoy Joined: Posts: 62
    part of me respects your nerd game, and I understand getting excited about a game but dude..they said the roster is going to be smaller, and there is only 24 slots on the character select screen period. I dunno what series you are watching, but again... you want 6 buus and a bunch of jobbers to take up almost half the cast with what you are thinking. Think about that for a second. Some of the characters are you mentioning dont even have the ability to use the mechanics/or buttons in the game as is period.

    I thought long and hard... but where did you get there's gonna be 24 characters?
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,797
    Clearly he asked the dragon.
  • jblairjblair remember to cancel your preorder! Joined: Posts: 1,393
    The only characters from that list that sound reasonably likely to me are broly, beerus, kid buu, and gotenks.
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,405
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Clearly he asked the dragon.

    Yeah, but each one? Shenron's been dropping the ball on Super.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,117
    I had a feeling ex moves were good for corner combo extensions. Could tell the untechable time was long enough to continue the combo if you were close enough to the corner.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,049
    edited August 12
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    The official site was updated with character info
    Piccolo.png
    Krillin.png
    MajinBuu.png
    Cell.png
    Freeza.png
    Gohan.png
    Trunks.png
    Vegeta.png
    SonGoku.png

    Your bbcodes are messed up
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

    Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,110
    dhochoy wrote: »
    part of me respects your nerd game, and I understand getting excited about a game but dude..they said the roster is going to be smaller, and there is only 24 slots on the character select screen period. I dunno what series you are watching, but again... you want 6 buus and a bunch of jobbers to take up almost half the cast with what you are thinking. Think about that for a second. Some of the characters are you mentioning dont even have the ability to use the mechanics/or buttons in the game as is period.

    I thought long and hard... but where did you get there's gonna be 24 characters?

    From the empty spaces in that web (which is where I assume some people are guessing the number of characters) it looks more like 16 characters, not 24.
Sign In or Register to comment.