Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• dhochoydhochoy D. HoChoy Joined: Posts: 53
    edited August 12
    Cronopio wrote: »
    dhochoy wrote: »
    part of me respects your nerd game, and I understand getting excited about a game but dude..they said the roster is going to be smaller, and there is only 24 slots on the character select screen period. I dunno what series you are watching, but again... you want 6 buus and a bunch of jobbers to take up almost half the cast with what you are thinking. Think about that for a second. Some of the characters are you mentioning dont even have the ability to use the mechanics/or buttons in the game as is period.

I thought long and hard... but where did you get there's gonna be 24 characters?

From the empty spaces in that web (which is where I assume some people are guessing the number of characters) it looks more like 16 characters, not 24.

A DBZ fighting game in 2018 having only 16 characters? Now that's just bananas.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,754
    Cronopio wrote: »
    part of me respects your nerd game, and I understand getting excited about a game but dude..they said the roster is going to be smaller, and there is only 24 slots on the character select screen period. I dunno what series you are watching, but again... you want 6 buus and a bunch of jobbers to take up almost half the cast with what you are thinking. Think about that for a second. Some of the characters are you mentioning dont even have the ability to use the mechanics/or buttons in the game as is period.

I thought long and hard... but where did you get there's gonna be 24 characters?

From the empty spaces in that web (which is where I assume some people are guessing the number of characters) it looks more like 16 characters, not 24.

...that's just bananas.

A.I. Channel?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,300
    Can we talk about that Vegeta corner combo though? That's pretty good.

That Frieza grab into tag combo was pretty sick too. People like Gohan definitely benefit from that.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • HiyaMayaHiyaMaya Joined: Posts: 571
    i dont think people have touched assist extensions yet, thats what i really want to test.

Dammit i completely forgot VSfighting was this weekend, i should have went
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If you look at the character select screen look at the boxes in the background and how big the characters that are in the game are. From the character select screen you can easily see its 9 on each side. so 6+18 is 24.

Also theres no reason to think it would have only 16 though because then you are saying that the beta which is supposed to have at least 10 characters they said.. already has almost the entire cast even though the game is 6 months whatever away. Think of that logic, the beta would have almost every single character in the game then, how stupid would that be then for it supposedly supposed to come out at the beginning of next year. That makes no sense.
  • bardiyabardiya Joined: Posts: 23
    And the character select screen might rotate.
    I was pessimist at first but given that every character so far plays relatively similar, I say 26 at launch.
  • Nefarious_RaccoonNefarious_Raccoon Joined: Posts: 52
    Was it ever mentioned that characters need to fly or vanish to make it in or are people just assuming they need those abilities to be eligible? Why can't there be some characters that don't have those but have other strengths to compensate. Just curious...
    Was it ever mentioned that characters need to fly or vanish to make it in or are people just assuming they need those abilities to be eligible? Why can't there be some characters that don't have those but have other strengths to compensate. Just curious...

Well, this game doesn't have real flight mechanics so it can get away with characters who can't fly canonically... like most of OG Dragon Ball. Hercule usually has a jetpack in DBZ games so there.

Vanishing is basically moving really fast which almost any fighter in the series could do. Hercule and Videl canonically can't vanish but it's still plausible enough for them to do it.

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,788
    People talking roster size. Pssh, back in my day we had 7 and 8 for roster sizes, and the 12 of MK2 was huge, lol.

Also, I guess they could just give like Hercule a jetpack or something. I feel like they've done that before at some point.
    did you even look at the videos? Or buttons on the controller's? Theres actually fireball button, homing dash is button press that makes every character turn on fire/have some aura around them, it automatically goes through fireballs, it basically IS THE FLYING of the game, the RC is teleporting...

also its plausible for hercule and videl to do the vanish attack.. Dude .... are you 5 years old or something? In what world or doujin hentai fan fiction have you read where hercule and videl can do the teleport attack that is in this game?

You guys are trying to justify why you want your waifus and jobbers in the very first version of the game and its mind blowing to me. You know what why dont we get krillins one gf from the anime filller, maybe we can have a mini game where we jack off goku and he jizzes on her and bulmas face. You win you get SSG jizz... you lose.. launch comes out and cuts off your dick. Oh wait I forgot you wanted 6 buus, ok here comes chi chi to use one of the 6 buus as some gooey lube for the mini game. Sounds great.
    edited August 13
    did you even look at the videos? Or buttons on the controller's? Theres actually fireball button, homing dash is button press that makes every character turn on fire/have some aura around them, it automatically goes through fireballs, it basically IS THE FLYING of the game, the RC is teleporting...

also its plausible for hercule and videl to do the vanish attack.. Dude .... are you 5 years old or something? In what world or doujin hentai fan fiction have you read where hercule and videl can do the teleport attack that is in this game?

You guys are trying to justify why you want your waifus and jobbers in the very first version of the game and its mind blowing to me. You know what why dont we get krillins one gf from the anime filller, maybe we can have a mini game where we jack off goku and he jizzes on her and bulmas face. You win you get SSG jizz... you lose.. launch comes out and cuts off your dick. Oh wait I forgot you wanted 6 buus, ok here comes chi chi to use one of the 6 buus as some gooey lube for the mini game. Sounds great.

Again... It's dashing. Not the same as floating in the air for prolonged amount of time. You can justify as moving at gravity-defying speed which was a thing in Dragon Ball since the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai.

Dashing mechanics was never a problem with Skullgirls and Blazblue despite almost of their characters being able to fly. Besides, this game is having reps from every era so expect some OGs.

Nobody except power level nerds and purists are gonna give a shit about Hercule and Videl teleporting. It's just a fighting game and they're very much capable fighters in their own rights.

Now your last paragraph is needlessly hostile. I'd understand if I added like... Bulma, Launch, or the Pilaf fuckers but the characters I suggested at least are technically fighters and have actual material to draw from. From the sounds of things you just want compromise the roster by only having the super safe and predictable picks with no oddballs to mix it up. Boring.

homing dash is the flying of the game, there already is dashing and air dashing.

"It's just a fighting game and they're very much capable fighters in their own rights."

Dude... look at the characters you posted you want in your list. Not only does that sentence come off as you know them personally as if they are some real being... Just look at the characters you listed as wanting in the game. They are not capable fighters in the dragon ball universe. hercule could barely even rip up a telephone book. Videl cant even shoot a fireball. Maybe these are your favorite characters, and thats cool, but dude reality check, they are jobbers in it.

As for wanting super safe and boring picks. You put 6 buus..... 6 buus. ....SIX BUUS. Thats what you said you wanted. You would rather leave out characters that actually do something or are popular and put jobbers, and waifus.

as for being hostile im just responding to you accordingly. Like I said I respect the nerd power and you being excited for the game. But youve posted ridiculous looney tune stuff with no reason as to why you would even think it would be in the game. Its almost as if you are trolling. Look at the characters you picked, you even put the 2 new fake broly SSJ girls from the new dragon ball super. but..you also put.. THE REAL BROLY in your list. The whole thing is wack dude. So you want 3 brolyish type characters as well? But you totally leave out other characters that have had actual importance to the series.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,788
    I didn't know it was such a big deal to suspect someone using a jetpack in a world where Androids (that let's be honest, are actually cyborgs with 17/18) can artificially use something ki-like and fly around would be okay.
    edited August 13
    homing dash is the flying of the game, there already is dashing and air dashing.

"It's just a fighting game and they're very much capable fighters in their own rights."

Dude... look at the characters you posted you want in your list. Not only does that sentence come off as you know them personally as if they are some real being... Just look at the characters you listed as wanting in the game. They are not capable fighters in the dragon ball universe. hercule could barely even rip up a telephone book. Videl cant even shoot a fireball. Maybe these are your favorite characters, and thats cool, but dude reality check, they are jobbers in it.

As for wanting super safe and boring picks. You put 6 buus..... 6 buus. ....SIX BUUS. Thats what you said you wanted. You would rather leave out characters that actually do something or are popular and put jobbers, and waifus.

as for being hostile im just responding to you accordingly. Like I said I respect the nerd power and you being excited for the game. But youve posted ridiculous looney tune stuff with no reason as to why you would even think it would be in the game. Its almost as if you are trolling. Look at the characters you picked, you even put the 2 new fake broly SSJ girls from the new dragon ball super. but..you also put.. THE REAL BROLY in your list. The whole thing is wack dude. So you want 3 brolyish type characters as well? But you totally leave out other characters that have had actual importance to the series.
    It's an illusion of flight. It's not the real deal.

They aren't my faves... I simply added them in because I feel they would give a unique experience from most characters. Videl is strictly melee-focused and Hercule being the lovable joke character. They're oddballs choices due to the fact they're not that strong canonically.

Again, only power level nerds would care about that shit.

I already added pretty much all the characters that everyone would expect plus some personal choices I felt would add something to the roster. Also it was 3 Buus... all of them fight very distinctly from each other, have own set of techniques, and are very popular in their own rights.

Caulifla and Kale are very popular at the moment (especially the former) plus I only wrote them down as potential DLC. They don't have much that stands out at the moment true but they probably would in the future so it's actually smart from a marketing-stand point to consider them further down the line. Plus the producer is a big fan of Caulifla so she very well could be in the game if one of the folks behind the game really pushes for her.

BTW only Kale is a "Broly-clone" but even she's starting to develop her own identity.
  • jblairjblair remember to cancel your preorder! Joined: Posts: 1,390
    I would think androids are next
    Yamcha and Tien are next.
    I updated the old insertions and added some new ones:

Ultimate Gohan

"The ultimate fighter... "
    "Adapts a style closer to his old man's but still carrying the powerful attacks..."
    "Keep on bringing the pressure with the [Kiai Cannon]"
    "Devastate the opponent with the counter ultimate [Burst Rush]"

Power: SS Speed: B Reach: A Technique: B Energy: A

Ease of Use: S

Yamcha

"Keeps the opponent guessing with his wild fighting style..."
    "Change things up with special combo variation..."
    "Pressure the opponent with the awesome, ultimate [Spirit Ball Attack]..."

Power: A Speed: B Reach: A Technique: S Energy: A

Tien

"A fast character who can jump off walls and do rapid fire punches..."
    "Utilize many highly effective moves with equally high risk factor such as the [Tri-Beam] and [Multi-Form Technique]"

Power: A Speed: S Reach: B Technique: S Energy: SS

Master Roshi

"Goku, Krillin, and Yamcha's master and founder of the Turtle Hermit style..."
    "An OG with not much speed but still rather powerful and has many unique techniques"
    "Prepare opponents for a shocking surprise..."

Power: A Speed: C Reach: A Technique: SS Energy: S

Ease of Use: A

Chi-Chi

"The 'strongest woman in the world's finally makes an appearance...'
    "A character with amazing speed and reach (wall jump and triple jumps in all) but not-too-amazing power..."
    "Control the distance with small tornadoes using the mystical Bansho Fan"
    "Toss the [Super Power Slugger] like a bladed boomerang..."

Power: B Speed: S Reach: S Technique: A Energy: B

Hercule

"The funny character who also happens to be the world's champion"
    "Get out of harm's way and give out harm with the [Hercule Rolling Attack]"
    "Fool opponents with the exploding [Game Poy]"

Power: C Speed: A Reach: A Technique: S Energy: B

Videl

"The exclusively close-quarters focused character and daughter of the world's champ..."
    "Master the art of ducking and swaying to dominate opponents.."
    "Lay the pressure hard close-up with the [Determined Blast]"

Power: B Speed: S Reach: A Technique: SS Energy: C

Gotenks

"A very powerful kid... but again, he's a kid... a very immature one at that"
    "Utilize many bizarre yet effective techniques like [Galactic Donuts] and the [Kamikaze Ghost]"
    "Serve the opponent with the "Ultra Buu Buu Volleyball" ultimate... especially with Piccolo as a partner"

Power: SS Speed: B Reach: C Technique: S Energy: SS

"A cool, radical dude with speedy attacks and infinite energy supply. However, not-so-radical punching power..."
    "Dive-in and cancel (if you want to) with the [Glider Kick]"
    "Shield yourself from most attacks with [Energy Field]"
    "Allow his twin sister #18 to join the mayhem with [Accel Dance], if she's on the team..."

Power: A Speed: S Reach: A Technique: A Energy: B

"The beautiful but deadly android..."
    "The greatest offensive is a great defense..."
    "Utilize her husband's signature skill [Destructo Disc] as a regular special move"
    "Pulverize the opponent with [Bad Judgement]..."

Power: S Speed: B Reach: A Technique: B Energy: S

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,579
    edited August 13

Sho didn't have a Persona in P4AU at all. His buttons were adapted and no one thinks he's a lesser character for it. Nine doesn't really have a Drive either.

Videl can fly and Hercule (Despite how much I think he's trash) has been using that jetpack in every game. Hell, he can even charge Ki in BT3 somehow.

Characters will get in if they're popular and bring something unique to the table. These two fit the bill.

Also, Androids are next. Calling it right now. Dunno if 16 will be announced with 17 and 18 though.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Joined: Posts: 717
    Jacko doesn't have a 2D sweep either, it's this weird shoryu thing.
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,130
    Sonichuman wrote: »

That Vegeta combo was sick.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,777
    edited August 13
    This game is gonna be ridiculous.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,405
    Unless vegeta significantly changes he's looking like a beast.
    Korbidon wrote: »

He's really easy to play too, so we can expect a lot of people playing him, which only leads to more tech being found out.

I can't believe that the trailer for Piccolo and Krillin wasn't released yet though. Something's up, this isn't normal.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,301
    Volt wrote: »
    Korbidon wrote: »

He's really easy to play too, so we can expect a lot of people playing him, which only leads to more tech being found out.

I can't believe that the trailer for Piccolo and Krillin wasn't released yet though. Something's up, this isn't normal.

gamescom is next week so they will more than likely be shown there also with more beta info and a new build. They probably wanted to show new stuff at big events. we should be getting a small but of info this week I think.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,973
    >Freezer
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,922
    edited August 14

I thought Yamcha was the first character ruled out.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• dizzynecrodizzynecro Joined: Posts: 717
    Genistar wrote: »

I thought Yamcha was the first character ruled out.

No? Pretty sure the only character ruled out was Tao.
    xiceman191 wrote: »

Finally. Was sick of the World Tournament Arena. (Mostly because Namek is sick, but the music doesn't help.)

Special Line Intros? Hype.

And the best thing, Krillin, Piccolo and Trunks build. Hopefully people are already over the Homing Dash 24/7 meta.
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,428

Finally. Was sick of the World Tournament Arena. (Mostly because Namek is sick, but the music doesn't help.)

And the best thing, Krillin, Piccolo and Trunks build. Hopefully people are already over the Homing Dash 24/7 meta.

Homing dash meta will die when people learn to raw launcher that shit.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,461 mod
    Homing dash isn't a meta, it's just people who had JUST gotten the game were given access to a one button move that got them in for free and rewarded with a combo on hit.

It's just a gimmick, you can pushblock it or stuff it from what I've seen.

Homing dash meta will die when people learn to raw launcher that shit.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Hope the people playing know that homing dash can be punished heavily, so they get more creative to get in.
    The Evo tournament had a lot of homing dashes and it was ridiculous to watch people get away with it so easily.